Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 8:51 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

what is your lottery pet peeves??

Topic closed. 116 replies. Last post 4 years ago by jrosina.

Page 3 of 8
PrintE-mailLink
rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
Texas
United States
Member #55889
October 23, 2007
5760 Posts
Posted: November 18, 2012, 6:42 pm - IP Logged

Pet peeves : It's when someone, or somethings, actions really irritate you and you just can't stand it.
It could be irrational, and not even annoy anybody else. It can be different for anyone

My lottery pet peeves is when I give my playslip to the cashiers , once the the machine gets done printing the ticket just give my my tickets i dont need you too check it for me. That irritates the  hack  out of me ..  Mad

My peeve is the conspiracy theorists. I think if someone believes the lottery commissions are crooked, then don't play.

mcherry, it may be that the clerk is counting the amount you owe for the tickets. When I get mine they look at each ticket for the cost.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

mcherry's avatar - 15214497642eca44f03b16
    Pennsylvania
    United States
    Member #133892
    October 12, 2012
    248 Posts
    Posted: November 18, 2012, 7:06 pm - IP Logged

My peeve is the conspiracy theorists. I think if someone believes the lottery commissions are crooked, then don't play.

mcherry, it may be that the clerk is counting the amount you owe for the tickets. When I get mine they look at each ticket for the cost.

Thinking of...

yeah that could be it , but the machine give you the total. ( I still dont like it)

United States
      Member #130815
      July 25, 2012
      1636 Posts
      Posted: November 18, 2012, 7:06 pm - IP Logged

Pet peeves : It's when someone, or somethings, actions really irritate you and you just can't stand it.
      It could be irrational, and not even annoy anybody else. It can be different for anyone

My lottery pet peeves is when I give my playslip to the cashiers , once the the machine gets done printing the ticket just give my my tickets i dont need you too check it for me. That irritates the  hack  out of me ..  Mad

I hate for other people to be hanging around the cashier when Im in line buying my tickets...I dont like people so close to me when Im getting my tickets and knowing my business...Also when Im standing in line there is one other person in front of me and theyre buying like one obscure pack of cigarettes or one black and mild white grape flavor...Who in the heck smokes frutty cigarettes/cigars???Yuk...anyways by the time they get their $2.19 of product which they probaly burned a gallon of gas to get as well...... there is a line behind me out the door and everyones gets pissed cause Im buying lotto tickets!!! I mean WTF!!! pardon my french

Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
        Member #133462
        September 30, 2012
        5946 Posts
        Posted: November 18, 2012, 7:09 pm - IP Logged

I hate for other people to be hanging around the cashier when Im in line buying my tickets...I dont like people so close to me when Im getting my tickets and knowing my business...Also when Im standing in line there is one other person in front of me and theyre buying like one obscure pack of cigarettes or one black and mild white grape flavor...Who in the heck smokes frutty cigarettes/cigars???Yuk...anyways by the time they get their $2.19 of product which they probaly burned a gallon of gas to get as well...... there is a line behind me out the door and everyones gets pissed cause Im buying lotto tickets!!! I mean WTF!!! pardon my french

Omg! They must have a team of clowns in every state. I thought that only happened in Florida. I even have members of the crew conducting exit poll interviews as I leave the store - lol.

Do you think you're going to win tonight? I just look up with a cryptic smile beacuse if I respond I may be band from my favorite spot!

"Everything works  ONCE!"

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
          NY
          United States
          Member #121961
          January 21, 2012
          3159 Posts
          Posted: November 18, 2012, 7:22 pm - IP Logged

So annoying cashing in 10 1$  winners and hearing that machine say duh  duhduh  duhhhhhh  congratulations 10 times. TG our new machines except winners as credits.

ONEDAY's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
            OHIO
            United States
            Member #5328
            June 30, 2004
            1284 Posts
            Posted: November 18, 2012, 7:39 pm - IP Logged

ohio pick3 betslips do not have pair play on them even though you can play pairs!
            try telling a clerk how to enter pairs, most don't and most will not put in 10 pairs for you..to much work!

have a great winning day!

United States
              Member #127987
              May 14, 2012
              19 Posts
              Posted: November 18, 2012, 7:42 pm - IP Logged

people that are to lazy to fill out play slips and always end up in front of me calling out there twenty sets of pick 3 numbers to the cashier.Mad

grwurston's avatar - 144
                Let's Go Rangers!!!
                bel air maryland
                United States
                Member #90251
                April 24, 2010
                5116 Posts
                Posted: November 18, 2012, 7:46 pm - IP Logged

My pet peeve is when you stop at the store on the way to work and their machine is down for some reason. You don't have time to stop any where else and one of your numbers hits straight. That's happened 3 times.   Let It All Out

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

grwurston's avatar - 144
                  Let's Go Rangers!!!
                  bel air maryland
                  United States
                  Member #90251
                  April 24, 2010
                  5116 Posts
                  Posted: November 18, 2012, 7:51 pm - IP Logged

people that are to lazy to fill out play slips and always end up in front of me calling out there twenty sets of pick 3 numbers to the cashier.Mad

I've had clerks tell me I'm one of their few customers who use the play slips. So I guess they don't like it either. It makes it

easier for them too.

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
                    Member #133462
                    September 30, 2012
                    5946 Posts
                    Posted: November 18, 2012, 7:52 pm - IP Logged

My pet peeve is when you stop at the store on the way to work and their machine is down for some reason. You don't have time to stop any where else and one of your numbers hits straight. That's happened 3 times.   Let It All Out

Thud

Was it the same store all 3 times?

"Everything works  ONCE!"

mrsprufrock's avatar - lips
                      Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #127667
                      May 6, 2012
                      859 Posts
                      Posted: November 18, 2012, 7:58 pm - IP Logged

I also don't like people breathing down my back when I'm playing my #s and will often tell people to go ahead of me if I'm not pressed for time.

Another peeve of mine is when I'm convinced I have a straight hit because I've been playing a number faithfully, only to find that I dropped the number and forgot...Skeptical

Will history repeat itself? (These are the numbers I hit in January over the last 4 years.)

JANUARY:       2013:   903 187 749 170 668 217 828 610 309      2014:  061 215 390 521      

2015:  182 070 093 601 093      2016: 521 294

Dream BiG and Good Luck....Star

zinniagirl's avatar - flower avatar_0026.jpg
                        nc
                        United States
                        Member #99520
                        October 26, 2010
                        375 Posts
                        Posted: November 18, 2012, 8:39 pm - IP Logged

"Don't for get my tip if you win!"

grrr....buy your own ticket.

grwurston's avatar - 144
                          Let's Go Rangers!!!
                          bel air maryland
                          United States
                          Member #90251
                          April 24, 2010
                          5116 Posts
                          Posted: November 18, 2012, 11:36 pm - IP Logged

Thud

Was it the same store all 3 times?

YES!!! All three were after real bad weather the night before, so I suppose the system was having "technical difficulties"

booting up. There is a gas station near my job that I go to now when that happens, but I have to make like Mario Andretti to

get there in time and not be late.

United States
                            Member #111442
                            May 25, 2011
                            6323 Posts
                            Posted: November 19, 2012, 7:35 am - IP Logged

When I drop my playslips while waiting in line, and a pet pees all over them.  White Bounce

Please keep your dogs out of the stores, please!!  Crying

steph219121's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
                              Dayton OH
                              United States
                              Member #124697
                              March 18, 2012
                              251 Posts
                              Posted: November 19, 2012, 8:07 am - IP Logged

I pick for a monthly pool and have to bthe them and I hate when I hand tbig person my big stack of plays lips and they huff and puff. Don't they realize that might affect their tip if I win big? Drives me nuts.....

Lucky Lady O-H-I-O