Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 4:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

what is your lottery pet peeves??

Topic closed. 116 replies. Last post 4 years ago by jrosina.

Page 4 of 8
PrintE-mailLink
dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
Pennsylvania
United States
Member #74096
May 2, 2009
22939 Posts
Posted: November 19, 2012, 12:20 pm - IP Logged

When a clerk goes ticket by ticket counting how much I owe. I can see what the machine reads on the tower, why

can't they? Some of these people don't have a clue. At the register, I can't stand when the clerk looks back and forth

10 times to see that the money in their hand and the reading on the register match what I should be getting in change.

They pull from the same pool those register clerks and the lottery clerks...most of them should be taking simple math

classes again. Keep them away from money and counting, please.

246 ~~ 485 ~~ 369 ~~ 890 ~~ 705 ~~ 357 ~~ 129 ~~ 165 ~  007 ~ 225 ~ 818 ~ 440 ~  7775 5557

Pennsylvania
    United States
    Member #74096
    May 2, 2009
    22939 Posts
    Posted: November 19, 2012, 12:23 pm - IP Logged

Another is being asked when I hand playslips over: Are these for day or night?

Duh. Why would I use playslips if I wanted to speak instead?

246 ~~ 485 ~~ 369 ~~ 890 ~~ 705 ~~ 357 ~~ 129 ~~ 165 ~  007 ~ 225 ~ 818 ~ 440 ~  7775 5557

United States
      Member #116268
      September 7, 2011
      20244 Posts
      Posted: November 19, 2012, 12:32 pm - IP Logged

When a clerk goes ticket by ticket counting how much I owe. I can see what the machine reads on the tower, why

can't they? Some of these people don't have a clue. At the register, I can't stand when the clerk looks back and forth

10 times to see that the money in their hand and the reading on the register match what I should be getting in change.

They pull from the same pool those register clerks and the lottery clerks...most of them should be taking simple math

classes again. Keep them away from money and counting, please.

Yeah, same problem here. Guy prints 20 play slips for me and only feel comfortable ringing TWO AT A TIME. So he charges me $10. over and over and over till all $100. is paid...........

United States
        Member #116268
        September 7, 2011
        20244 Posts
        Posted: November 19, 2012, 12:34 pm - IP Logged

In the mean time he has thrown my play slips in the trash, and has to go dig them out for me.

WaLottoDude's avatar - 8ball
          Snohomish, WA
          United States
          Member #135234
          November 19, 2012
          29 Posts
          Posted: November 19, 2012, 2:56 pm - IP Logged

When I ask the clerk to give me $60 worth of tickets and they say "woah that's a lot of tickets, are you sure?".

I don't know why it bothers me but there's something about it that makes me think to myself "If I wanted your input like that I would of ask you how you felt about it"

Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
            Member #133462
            September 30, 2012
            5946 Posts
            Posted: November 19, 2012, 2:57 pm - IP Logged

YES!!! All three were after real bad weather the night before, so I suppose the system was having "technical difficulties"

booting up. There is a gas station near my job that I go to now when that happens, but I have to make like Mario Andretti to

get there in time and not be late.

Smart is the man with a contingency plan!

"Everything works  ONCE!"

United States
              Member #130815
              July 25, 2012
              1636 Posts
              Posted: November 19, 2012, 3:05 pm - IP Logged

When I drop my playslips while waiting in line, and a pet pees all over them.  White Bounce

Please keep your dogs out of the stores, please!!  Crying

LOL........what backwoods hillbilly quickstop are you buying tickets at.....or are you in an urban area where people who have pitbulls with bike chains on their necks for collars..

smooth11484's avatar - Lottery-053.jpg
                ohio
                United States
                Member #125198
                March 26, 2012
                1894 Posts
                Posted: November 19, 2012, 3:10 pm - IP Logged

ohio pick3 betslips do not have pair play on them even though you can play pairs!
                try telling a clerk how to enter pairs, most don't and most will not put in 10 pairs for you..to much work!

did not kno u can play pairs on pick 3 n ohio

United States
                  Member #111442
                  May 25, 2011
                  6323 Posts
                  Posted: November 19, 2012, 3:16 pm - IP Logged

LOL........what backwoods hillbilly quickstop are you buying tickets at.....or are you in an urban area where people who have pitbulls with bike chains on their necks for collars..

A seeing eye dog who couldn't wait to whizzzzzz!  Big Grin Santa

The backwoods hillbilly stores, have a policy of allowing our cows into their stores on Wendesday's and Friday's.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19829 Posts
                    Posted: November 19, 2012, 3:58 pm - IP Logged

When I ask the clerk to give me $60 worth of tickets and they say "woah that's a lot of tickets, are you sure?".

I don't know why it bothers me but there's something about it that makes me think to myself "If I wanted your input like that I would of ask you how you felt about it"

When you buy more than $10 worth of tickets, not only does some clerks feel they have the rights to get into your business but so do other customers.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Mr-Smith's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
                      rekjavik
                      Iceland
                      Member #99537
                      October 27, 2010
                      177 Posts
                      Posted: November 19, 2012, 4:00 pm - IP Logged

I once had an inexperienced clerk look at my tickets for over 45 minutes.  Sleep

Fortunately she was a real cutie  Lover , and I had no pressing schedule ahead of me for that day.

LoL.... i had one girl who said "Are you going to take me out if you win "......

So i replied " if I have to win to take you out then... NO"...  Cheers  Cool

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?Patriot

Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
                        Member #133462
                        September 30, 2012
                        5946 Posts
                        Posted: November 19, 2012, 4:03 pm - IP Logged

When you buy more than $10 worth of tickets, not only does some clerks feel they have the rights to get into your business but so do other customers.

Thisi s why I love LP. Sometimes you think you're alone in having thesse weird experiences. I bought $100 worth of tickets once and was poractically shoved into a press conference with customers asking me everything from how I chose my numbers? Do I play this amount on every draw? Etc, Etc. As I made my exit they were actually cheering me on - lol!

Talk about twilight zone

"Everything works  ONCE!"

Pennsylvania
                          United States
                          Member #74096
                          May 2, 2009
                          22939 Posts
                          Posted: November 19, 2012, 5:58 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, same problem here. Guy prints 20 play slips for me and only feel comfortable ringing TWO AT A TIME. So he charges me $10. over and over and over till all $100. is paid...........

Oogle

Talk about short drawer phobia....I think that's what they are worried about, having the boss take it out of their pay.

No need to be worried about payroll docking when you have basic math and organizational skills. I have to say this,

I've never had a problem with Indian clerks keeping exact track of what I play and owe and am due. (Haven't

run in to the New York brother types yet though...so far, they've always been honest and on the up and up)

Elizabeth03's avatar - cat anm.gif
                            Nova Scotia
                            Canada
                            Member #9934
                            December 27, 2004
                            884 Posts
                            Posted: November 19, 2012, 5:59 pm - IP Logged

My pet peeves would be, standing in line to buy tickets and the guy in front of me or the woman has to buy every ticket there is, and they are holding up the line..

Also another pet peeve would be that i don't have enough confidence in myself sometimes, and I go back and forth wondering what numbers are right to play or not.. And  being too self conscious over it..

As well I buy insta picks, but like choosing my own numbers also..

LAKE HAVASU AZ
                              United States
                              Member #44729
                              August 8, 2006
                              446 Posts
                              Posted: November 20, 2012, 7:28 am - IP Logged

I  hate when a person whispers there 10 daily 3 or 4 digets to the clerk... FILL OUT A SLIP...

some day....some day