Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 9:53 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Honestly would you really care how much taxes you had to pay??

Topic closed. 189 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Lucky Loser.

Page 2 of 13
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #130815
July 25, 2012
1636 Posts
Posted: December 4, 2012, 1:36 pm - IP Logged

Hello, the government works for we the people, not the other way around, we most certainly have a say so in how our tax dollars are spent, Your problem is you don't know your rights and it's people like you who have forfeited the rights of others.

Taxes are not charity, there's a difference.

The stinking government is not the boss of us, helloooooooo, do you get it!

I've got it...but can you do anything about how the government spends it....Really?? I mean really if you can go to Washington right now and demand all your ill-spend tax dollars back....I won't be suprised if they don't throw you in a cell

whiteballz's avatar - Lottery-015.jpg
    Nutley, New Jersey
    United States
    Member #131058
    August 1, 2012
    875 Posts
    Posted: December 4, 2012, 1:39 pm - IP Logged

Seriously if you were the one who just won that 587 million dollar jackpot....Would you really care how much taxes you had to pay??? Be realistic now....I don't want to see ansewrs like if the taxes were a 100% or 75% yeah I'd care....Well stop cause they're not... I live in NC it's 32% here that's reality.... 32% isn't going to kill anybody financially....I mean this is more money that ANY OF US HERE WILL EVER EARN IN 30 LIFETIMES.....I could care less how much I paid  in taxes...I would just be glad I was able to pay it.....SERIOUSLY........

yes I care. Personally I don't think lottery winnings should be taxed at all. People have told me the lottery is a voluntary tax on people who can't do math. Looking at what I've spent over the years on the lottery and what I have gotten back in return, it's hard to argue with them.

United States
      Member #130815
      July 25, 2012
      1636 Posts
      Posted: December 4, 2012, 1:40 pm - IP Logged

omg, you make my brain hurt, die for oil, that is the dumbest thing I ever heard, no we are not getting oil, The middle East is a powder keg, left unchecked we will easily see WW3'

The Islamic Extremists want us dead, no ifs ands or buts about it.

The leaders of those countries want nukes, All it's going to take is one nut ball to set off a nuke and you'll see a world wide chain reaction,

India hates Pakistan

North Korea hates South Korea

Iran Hates Isreal

China, Russia and the US, HAVE A TANGLED WEB OF SIDE TAKING, ALL IN THE NAME OF POWER, GREED, WEALTH AND CONTROL

Everyone is on the ride whether they like it or not.

And they ALL hate US the US.....and yeah it's tangled we can't untangle it....and we never will....I just glad the 8 years we spent in Iraq, we made a difference and got all the WMDs out of there....oh wait that was a lie....Guess you didn't mind SPENDING all those TAX dollars there and countless lives on a lie....

Florida
        United States
        Member #135615
        November 27, 2012
        405 Posts
        Posted: December 4, 2012, 1:47 pm - IP Logged

I won 10k in PB. Largest pot I've won. When to the closest Lotto office and they informed me that they take out 25% for anything over 5k. So I got a check for $7500. Not quite what I expected but it was nice to have the extra money and I probably don't have to worry about taxes. So, all in all, taxes haven't been a big deal.

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
          u$a
          United States
          Member #106665
          February 22, 2011
          19967 Posts
          Posted: December 4, 2012, 1:51 pm - IP Logged

you guys wanna sing some christmas songs

Patriot

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
            Texas
            United States
            Member #86154
            January 30, 2010
            1654 Posts
            Posted: December 4, 2012, 1:55 pm - IP Logged

Lurking..."Yes Sir, I'll also have a small coke in a LARGE cup...and just fill it up the rest of the way."

L.L.

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living

u$a
              United States
              Member #106665
              February 22, 2011
              19967 Posts
              Posted: December 4, 2012, 1:59 pm - IP Logged

Lurking..."Yes Sir, I'll also have a small coke in a LARGE cup...and just fill it up the rest of the way."

L.L.

hey LL, havent seen you in awhile, i had a good hit the other day, wish i would have had 1.00 on it and it came straight to,Chair

12/1/2012149809640-1IN 9:30PM Pick 31$0.50$0.50N7-0-17-0-1$450.00

Patriot

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
                Texas
                United States
                Member #86154
                January 30, 2010
                1654 Posts
                Posted: December 4, 2012, 2:07 pm - IP Logged

hey LL, havent seen you in awhile, i had a good hit the other day, wish i would have had 1.00 on it and it came straight to,Chair

12/1/2012149809640-1IN 9:30PM Pick 31$0.50$0.50N7-0-17-0-1$450.00

Dam* girl...you're workin' 'em over!! I like to see stuff like this, especially when a smart chic is controlling the reigns and calling the shots!! Congratulations on that and many many more! I didn't run any numbers for mid-day today 'cause I didn't see enough of what I needed...aka discipline. After all the results come in, though, I should be ready for tonight.

Hey, you keep holdin' it down...okay!! Don't fix what ain't broken.Wink

L.L.

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living

u$a
                  United States
                  Member #106665
                  February 22, 2011
                  19967 Posts
                  Posted: December 4, 2012, 2:15 pm - IP Logged

Dam* girl...you're workin' 'em over!! I like to see stuff like this, especially when a smart chic is controlling the reigns and calling the shots!! Congratulations on that and many many more! I didn't run any numbers for mid-day today 'cause I didn't see enough of what I needed...aka discipline. After all the results come in, though, I should be ready for tonight.

Hey, you keep holdin' it down...okay!! Don't fix what ain't broken.Wink

L.L.

Thanks!

Good Luck to you also Smiley Santa

Patriot

Oklahoma
                    United States
                    Member #4170
                    March 27, 2004
                    103 Posts
                    Posted: December 4, 2012, 2:17 pm - IP Logged

I won 10k in PB. Largest pot I've won. When to the closest Lotto office and they informed me that they take out 25% for anything over 5k. So I got a check for $7500. Not quite what I expected but it was nice to have the extra money and I probably don't have to worry about taxes. So, all in all, taxes haven't been a big deal.

Wow, really? I always thought that they have to pay taxes only if they win a million, I was wrong on that one

United States
                      Member #130815
                      July 25, 2012
                      1636 Posts
                      Posted: December 4, 2012, 3:03 pm - IP Logged

Wow, really? I always thought that they have to pay taxes only if they win a million, I was wrong on that one

I thought it was anything over $600....I know about the 10k though....I tried to cash a check once for that amount and the teller told me they would have to alert the I.R.S. if I took that amount out at once..

Florida
                        United States
                        Member #135615
                        November 27, 2012
                        405 Posts
                        Posted: December 4, 2012, 3:33 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, my wife works at a bank. If you try to withdraw 10k+, you have to fill out some form. Something regarding why you're taking out such a lump sum. She said that people routinely just take out 9k so they don't trip the 10k form deal.

Oklahoma
                          United States
                          Member #4170
                          March 27, 2004
                          103 Posts
                          Posted: December 4, 2012, 3:57 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, my wife works at a bank. If you try to withdraw 10k+, you have to fill out some form. Something regarding why you're taking out such a lump sum. She said that people routinely just take out 9k so they don't trip the 10k form deal.

Yeah, I knew about that part but it is stupid to fill out a form to take out $10,000

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                            Massachusetts
                            United States
                            Member #37433
                            April 14, 2006
                            2747 Posts
                            Posted: December 4, 2012, 7:12 pm - IP Logged

Are you serious when you start threads such as these? 32% of your hard earned money is ok? do you realize that the government is full of employees who make huge salaries and work less than 40 hours a week and spend long hours playing solitaire and other web games? 

I am seriously hoping you are joking when you start these topics

Nikkicute's avatar - nnjx1k
                              Wisconsin
                              United States
                              Member #123290
                              February 17, 2012
                              3092 Posts
                              Posted: December 4, 2012, 7:13 pm - IP Logged

Ohhh!! Now I see!!

I always wondered how the IRS would know you gave someone more than the

$12,000 (gift tax). wow, have to fill out a form for your own money!

Now does the IRS get alerted when you deposit a large amount?

Page 2 of 13