Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 6:31 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Would you still shop at Walmart??

Topic closed. 92 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Ronnie316.

Page 2 of 7
PrintE-mailLink
New York,
Panama
Member #73078
April 4, 2009
3490 Posts
Posted: December 24, 2012, 11:35 pm - IP Logged

Yep, I'd still shop at Walmart, how can you not? They're everywhere!! lol

Once saw a picture of Donald Trumps daughter with her boyfriend at the time walking

out of a Target store.

There is a Dollar Store in Beverly Hills, it's the company's best selling store. lol

Rich people like a bargain just as much as the next guySmiley

HyperHELLOOOOO YES!!!, Wally world IS THE PLACE TO BE!!! 

THEY HAVE DRESSES YOU WILL NEVER SEE ANY OTHER PLACE...lol...Lol..

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

Nikkicute's avatar - nnjx1k
    Wisconsin
    United States
    Member #123290
    February 17, 2012
    3048 Posts
    Posted: December 24, 2012, 11:40 pm - IP Logged

I always head for Walmart when I have a need for cheap, Chinese made junk that falls apart the next day.

And you won't find a better place for terrible meat and horrible produce.

Wow, your Walmart sounds badNo Nod

The Walmart I shop at is always clean and their produce fresh.

New York,
      Panama
      Member #73078
      April 4, 2009
      3490 Posts
      Posted: December 24, 2012, 11:47 pm - IP Logged

OH YEAH, THOUGHT EVERY ONE KNEW THAT,... THERE IS THE GOOD NEIBORHOOD WALLY WORLD

AND THE PUTTING ON THE RITZ WALLY WORLD... THE PLANTS THEY SELL ARE INSIDE..YES SIR,, AND VERY WELL TAKEN CARE OF ...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

Nikkicute's avatar - nnjx1k
        Wisconsin
        United States
        Member #123290
        February 17, 2012
        3048 Posts
        Posted: December 24, 2012, 11:53 pm - IP Logged

OH YEAH, THOUGHT EVERY ONE KNEW THAT,... THERE IS THE GOOD NEIBORHOOD WALLY WORLD

AND THE PUTTING ON THE RITZ WALLY WORLD... THE PLANTS THEY SELL ARE INSIDE..YES SIR,, AND VERY WELL TAKEN CARE OF ...

I Agree!

Litebets27's avatar - power
          Maryland
          United States
          Member #10465
          January 14, 2005
          6065 Posts
          Posted: December 25, 2012, 12:04 am - IP Logged

Some old practices should not change. Why pay more if you don't have to? Unless everyone at your local Walmart know, that it was you who hit the big one, there is no reason to stop shopping there.

Feeling,  PRICELESS!!!Banana

Come on Jackpot!!!

United States
            Member #130815
            July 25, 2012
            1636 Posts
            Posted: December 25, 2012, 8:11 am - IP Logged

Some old practices should not change. Why pay more if you don't have to? Unless everyone at your local Walmart know, that it was you who hit the big one, there is no reason to stop shopping there.

The main thing is being able to buy everthing you want to buy when you walk in these stores and not worry about "do I need to put this back cause I got to pay this or fix that" ......Now you will need to control yourself and not spend an exorbinate amout of money....It's gonna be hard for me....I gone into Walmarts and spent $300-400 at at time...and Sam's club...forget about it....eveytime I go there it's a minimun...minimun of $40 bucks.....So you give me a lot of disposable income...I'd have to watch myself....

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
              Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
              United States
              Member #73904
              April 28, 2009
              14903 Posts
              Posted: December 25, 2012, 8:13 am - IP Logged

Oh, it's perfectly neat and clean and orderly.

The produce though? It usually looks fresh but it doesn't really matter if you bite into an apple, a peach, a plum or a tomato, cuz they all taste pretty much the same - like nothing. Their growers seem to have perfected the art of producing fruits and vegetables that look really good and have a long shelf life but somewhere in that process lose their flavor. I get the good stuff at the local farmers markets when I can or the regular grocery store. 

And I can't eat the meat from there. Even with all the tenderizers and flavorizers and solutions they pump into it, I can't eat it. And that's beyond the fact that I don't like the idea of them injecting anything into the meat in the first place. You don't have to do that with good meat. And I don't think you can find a piece of meat there that hasn't had something injected into it. I'd rather pay more for the good stuff somewhere else. 

In fairness though, I admit to having a gourmet palate (I eat only the finest walnut-fed squirrels, heh,heh,heh...). But seriously, I see a lot of people in this area (and everywhere) who regularly eat a quality of food (and they think it's good) that I would only consider for my dogs with much trepidation. Twinkies going under didn't bother me one bit; I didn't like that crap even when I was a kid.

Now if you can find me a coffee maker there that isn't made in China and doesn't boil water in plastic I'd be much obliged.

Until then, I'll stick with my French Press. Wink

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

sully16's avatar - sharan
                Ringleader
                Michigan
                United States
                Member #81740
                October 28, 2009
                40293 Posts
                Posted: December 25, 2012, 8:30 am - IP Logged

No, I will not shop at Walmart,

1. I 'd like to see a better living wage and more full time employment for their workers.

2. I'd like to see more women and minorities get the chance to move up in the company, and not just a photo op PR Stunt.

3. More American made products.

4. For them to be less diverse in the products they sell, We have 2 Walmarts in Livonia and they are choking small businesses, they want to corner the market in everything, a nice fat Monopoly with political power to boot.

5. They only offer part time to most of it's workforce, they then help their employees to get welfare and food stamps, so while they shell out $112.00 in wages, their employees get 700 to 1500 in welfare benefits, guess where their employees are going to spend those benefits, tax payers are essentially funding their workforce.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

United States
                  Member #94616
                  July 24, 2010
                  4735 Posts
                  Posted: December 25, 2012, 9:21 am - IP Logged

1. I 'd like to see a better living wage and more full time employment for their workers.

2. I'd like to see more women and minorities get the chance to move up in the company, and not just a photo op PR Stunt.

4. For them to be less diverse in the products they sell, We have 2 Walmarts in Livonia and they are choking small businesses, they want to corner the market in everything, a nice fat Monopoly with political power to boot.

5. They only offer part time to most of it's workforce, they then help their employees to get welfare and food stamps, so while they shell out $112.00 in wages, their employees get 700 to 1500 in welfare benefits, guess where their employees are going to spend those benefits, tax payers are essentially funding their workforce.

Good post!  I do find SOME American made products but from what I understand they BEAT up every producer so bad that the producers make VERY LITTLE on what is sold there.  WALMART is the one who makes the profit. 

Until we remember to buy American made products at a fair price, places like Walmart & the like will continue to prosper

United States
                    Member #116268
                    September 7, 2011
                    20244 Posts
                    Posted: December 25, 2012, 9:54 am - IP Logged

Fried Chicken and Oil>>>?? Explains all the "Big Boned" people I saw today...had to go as I forgot something I needed at my normal  grocery store...

Also funny you mentioned it, I parked in the back of the parking lot near the ubiquitous WalFart parking lot cop....didn't want to ding up my new "Black Beauty"...

Merry Christmas!!

Why is "your" black beauty sitting in front of the showroom at the Dodge Dealership....What?

United States
                      Member #116268
                      September 7, 2011
                      20244 Posts
                      Posted: December 25, 2012, 10:03 am - IP Logged

The main thing is being able to buy everthing you want to buy when you walk in these stores and not worry about "do I need to put this back cause I got to pay this or fix that" ......Now you will need to control yourself and not spend an exorbinate amout of money....It's gonna be hard for me....I gone into Walmarts and spent $300-400 at at time...and Sam's club...forget about it....eveytime I go there it's a minimun...minimun of $40 bucks.....So you give me a lot of disposable income...I'd have to watch myself....

Nice planning b2b, we will all be very proud of you when you become wealthy and move all the way up the food chain and shop at Sam's Club instead of Walmart...........What?

New York,
                        Panama
                        Member #73078
                        April 4, 2009
                        3490 Posts
                        Posted: December 25, 2012, 10:10 am - IP Logged

Sun SmileyWHEN YOU GO TO WALLY WORLD DO AS I DO,  I seek help from the "MINORITY HELP", TO HELP ME WITH WHAT I NEED  Believe me they      do take note of this, and say what good service you received from them..(.If you received good help.)....This helps the workers in the long run.

If we all stop shopping at American Companies, we eventually can put American Companies out of business

and some Japanese, or Chinese company  will buy them out,  and then the cure becomes worst than the illness!!!! 

one Example is Your At&T telephone Co. who now  farms out a lot of their work over seas!!! and when you call to ask questions about your bill, someone from the Philippines or other place answers, I say "I need to

speak with someone here in America" and they transfer me back!!

At Walmart, they  still have many made in America products such as Dresses, slacks, bed sheets, bed spreads., towels, pots and pan, Electronics,  paint and other products of very good quality...

Made in America is somethings we should seek to purchase not only at Walmart, 

but any and all places we go to spend our made in America Dollars.....

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

BuyLow's avatar - palm tree.jpg
                          Florida
                          United States
                          Member #61435
                          May 22, 2008
                          906 Posts
                          Posted: December 25, 2012, 10:12 am - IP Logged

Why is "your" black beauty sitting in front of the showroom at the Dodge Dealership....What?

Beacuse that's where "I" bought it. 

One day I will be surrounded by people who think before they speak.  One day............

New York,
                            Panama
                            Member #73078
                            April 4, 2009
                            3490 Posts
                            Posted: December 25, 2012, 10:14 am - IP Logged

Sun SmileyWHEN YOU GO TO WALLY WORLD DO AS I DO,  I seek help from the "MINORITY HELP", TO HELP ME WITH WHAT I NEED  Believe me they      do take note of this, and say what good service you received from them..(.If you received good help.)....This helps the workers in the long run.

If we all stop shopping at American Companies, we eventually can put American Companies out of business

and some Japanese, or Chinese company  will buy them out,  and then the cure becomes worst than the illness!!!! 

one Example is Your At&T telephone Co. who now  farms out a lot of their work over seas!!! and when you call to ask questions about your bill, someone from the Philippines or other place answers, I say "I need to

speak with someone here in America" and they transfer me back!!

At Walmart, they  still have many made in America products such as Dresses, slacks, bed sheets, bed spreads., towels, pots and pan, Electronics,  paint and other products of very good quality...

Made in America is somethings we should seek to purchase not only at Walmart, 

but any and all places we go to spend our made in America Dollars.....

EmbarassedMy Humble oppnion!!! LOL

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

United States
                              Member #116268
                              September 7, 2011
                              20244 Posts
                              Posted: December 25, 2012, 10:15 am - IP Logged

Beacuse that's where "I" bought it. 

One day I will be surrounded by people who think before they speak.  One day............

Right, perhaps you should drive to the other side of town a photograph a house and say thats your too.