Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 12:39 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Would you still shop at Walmart??

Topic closed. 92 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Ronnie316.

Page 6 of 7
PrintE-mailLink
Lucky4Life's avatar - batman14

United States
Member #85037
January 7, 2010
252 Posts
Posted: January 6, 2013, 1:23 pm - IP Logged

Unfortunately it would take millions more of you for Walmart to even care.....all they care about is profit.....and they're making it hand over fist....

agreed.  But i sleep better at night knowing people who appreciate my business are getting it.

United States
    Member #116268
    September 7, 2011
    20244 Posts
    Posted: January 6, 2013, 1:31 pm - IP Logged

Unfortunately it would take millions more of you for Walmart to even care.....all they care about is profit.....and they're making it hand over fist....

Don't agree, you have no idea what your talking about..................

United States
      Member #130815
      July 25, 2012
      1636 Posts
      Posted: January 6, 2013, 4:52 pm - IP Logged

LOL Ronnie we all know you shop there.....

whiteballz's avatar - Lottery-015.jpg
        Nutley, New Jersey
        United States
        Member #131058
        August 1, 2012
        875 Posts
        Posted: January 14, 2013, 3:06 am - IP Logged

I would not only shop at Walmart, I would also continue to use coupons and order off the MacDonalds dollar menu. I don't see any reason to pay more unless I had to.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: January 14, 2013, 12:38 pm - IP Logged

I'd probably still shop there. Face it, they are everywhere. We have Supercenters here and we have Wal Mart Neighborhood Market, a grocery store they operate. They've put a lot of stores out of business, including some of the chain grocery stores. We also shop at Target.

I try not to spend to much money, that's how I've always been. I just hate to spend money.

"I just hate to spend money."

I lurv to spend money!   Yes Nod

dk1421's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
            North Carolina
            United States
            Member #64582
            September 1, 2008
            347 Posts
            Posted: January 14, 2013, 12:56 pm - IP Logged

I actually was looking for some new stuff for the bathroom - drinking glass, toothbrush holder, soap dispenser. I looked in many places but could only find expensive, ceramic/metal versions. Not good for a young child.

I found exactly what I was looking for at Walmart - I was so happy, I went back and bought more for the other bathroom.

Personally, I try to avoid Walmart - they always have 20 cash registers, but only 1 is open with 15 people in line. The amount of money I save is not proportionate to how long I have to wait in line. However, they are good for some items and heck yes, I want to save money too.

"Don't be a schmuck, always take the cash." -Coin Toss

Piaceri's avatar - sarsony1
              Republic of Texas
              United States
              Member #57557
              January 9, 2008
              1095 Posts
              Posted: January 14, 2013, 9:40 pm - IP Logged

Very true, much like they don't care about the negative impact their Super Center's have on small town businesses and "Mom & Pop" grocery stores. It would not be so bad if they would actually help get the local economy back up and running after they close down a non-profiting location. It's just ethical and would look very good on the corporate exec's.

I prefer to get my groceries from HEB, they're also affordable, they have a good quality store brand and they don't use pink slime in their ground beef. I do shop at Wal-mart but that would definitely change if I could afford it, I'd much rather my money go to local and small businesses.

Love HEB <3 Great store brand, decent prices, quality produce and meat, but best of all, great community member. Oh, and fresh made tortillas that are better than the other grocery stores in the area. 

When they had the big wildfires here a couple years ago, HEB donated their mobile kitchen, manned and supplied to feed 1500 meals per day for the firefighters and volunteers. For 2 1/2 weeks the HEB mobile kitchen sat in Magnolia Tx, feeding those trying to fight the fires, at their own cost. Walmart brought in extra cots that people could BUY and donate for the firefighters to sleep on.

Yes, I do shop at Walmart as there is one about 2 blocks from my home, but only for certain things. Their produce is usually good, and their K-cup name brands are priced better than other stores (I usually buy HEB Cafe Ole), but never Walmart for meat. Puke

After a JP win? Maybe. There are things there I can't find at the other stores. TCBY frozen yogert for one. Banana

face

singlewinnersinglewinnersinglewinner   

United States
                Member #130815
                July 25, 2012
                1636 Posts
                Posted: January 15, 2013, 7:27 am - IP Logged

Love HEB <3 Great store brand, decent prices, quality produce and meat, but best of all, great community member. Oh, and fresh made tortillas that are better than the other grocery stores in the area. 

When they had the big wildfires here a couple years ago, HEB donated their mobile kitchen, manned and supplied to feed 1500 meals per day for the firefighters and volunteers. For 2 1/2 weeks the HEB mobile kitchen sat in Magnolia Tx, feeding those trying to fight the fires, at their own cost. Walmart brought in extra cots that people could BUY and donate for the firefighters to sleep on.

Yes, I do shop at Walmart as there is one about 2 blocks from my home, but only for certain things. Their produce is usually good, and their K-cup name brands are priced better than other stores (I usually buy HEB Cafe Ole), but never Walmart for meat. Puke

After a JP win? Maybe. There are things there I can't find at the other stores. TCBY frozen yogert for one. Banana

Talking about meat from Walmart.....I just found out that they dont even cut their own meat...it comes precut and prewrapped from Cargill..or was it ConAgra?...I can't remember but it kinda threw me that they didn't even cut their own meats.....btw the way I found out was I asked them to cut a thick filet into two pieces and that's when the guy told me they didnt cut their own meat

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: January 15, 2013, 11:40 am - IP Logged

Talking about meat from Walmart.....I just found out that they dont even cut their own meat...it comes precut and prewrapped from Cargill..or was it ConAgra?...I can't remember but it kinda threw me that they didn't even cut their own meats.....btw the way I found out was I asked them to cut a thick filet into two pieces and that's when the guy told me they didnt cut their own meat

Buying filet mignon at Walmart...

I should have known you were a connoisseur!

Bon appetit!

United States
                    Member #130815
                    July 25, 2012
                    1636 Posts
                    Posted: January 15, 2013, 12:48 pm - IP Logged

Buying filet mignon at Walmart...

I should have known you were a connoisseur!

Bon appetit!

yeah piggly wiggly was out of coon meat LOL

Jill34786's avatar - Lottery-006.jpg
                      Windermere, FL/Franklin, TN
                      United States
                      Member #50210
                      March 1, 2007
                      843 Posts
                      Posted: January 15, 2013, 2:06 pm - IP Logged

I rarely shop at Wal-Mart as the lines are extreme and the fruits, meats and vegetables are lacking to put it mildly ...plus the closest one too me is in a bad part of town. I do know they have great prices on frozen foods, cereals and personal care product as that is pretty much all I buy if I visit one.

Publix is a mile away from my neighborhood which makes it nice but I still prefer Fresh Market or Whole Foods.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                        United States
                        Member #73904
                        April 28, 2009
                        14903 Posts
                        Posted: January 15, 2013, 7:30 pm - IP Logged

I rarely shop at Wal-Mart as the lines are extreme and the fruits, meats and vegetables are lacking to put it mildly ...plus the closest one too me is in a bad part of town. I do know they have great prices on frozen foods, cereals and personal care product as that is pretty much all I buy if I visit one.

Publix is a mile away from my neighborhood which makes it nice but I still prefer Fresh Market or Whole Foods.

I've heard Publix is the luckiest place for jackpot tickets.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                          Member #4877
                          May 30, 2004
                          5120 Posts
                          Posted: January 17, 2013, 1:13 pm - IP Logged

agreed.  But i sleep better at night knowing people who appreciate my business are getting it.

L4L:

I Agree! and I will shop dar long as day let U park motorhome 4 free!

THAT was a g@@d idea from someone who works @ WalMart$$$!

DrumJack-in-the-BoxDrum

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                            Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                            United States
                            Member #112968
                            June 29, 2011
                            3854 Posts
                            Posted: January 17, 2013, 1:26 pm - IP Logged

Don't agree, you have no idea what your talking about..................

just seen a tv ad where wal-mart says they're going to start stocking more american made products,

if true maybe I'll give them another chance

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                              Member #4877
                              May 30, 2004
                              5120 Posts
                              Posted: January 17, 2013, 2:02 pm - IP Logged

Here's one more that I hope will make everyone's Christmas a little brighter...... Merry Christmas.

RN:

Gull's R^^^RE$PON$EBILITYBanana$BananaLovies$

Psyko LUV's^^^"Gull's^^^GOD Ble$$dGull'$

LoviesDrumJack-in-the-BoxLoviesDrum