Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 7:25 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Would you still shop at Walmart??

Topic closed. 92 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Ronnie316.

Page 5 of 7
PrintE-mailLink
rdgrnr's avatar - walt
Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
United States
Member #73904
April 28, 2009
14903 Posts
Posted: December 30, 2012, 10:30 am - IP Logged

I also don't like that colour.

Even if you wanted one like that you'd most likely have to wait about six months with the current backlog.

And BO will probably outlaw them by then along with the ammo.

In this country, when bad guys do bad things, we always punish the good guys . 

Go figure.

United States
    Member #116268
    September 7, 2011
    20244 Posts
    Posted: December 30, 2012, 10:54 am - IP Logged

I wonder if we could stop crime by arresting people who commit crimes.....See Ya!

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
      Oklahoma
      United States
      Member #82391
      November 12, 2009
      6290 Posts
      Posted: December 30, 2012, 1:13 pm - IP Logged

No, I will not shop at Walmart,

1. I 'd like to see a better living wage and more full time employment for their workers.

2. I'd like to see more women and minorities get the chance to move up in the company, and not just a photo op PR Stunt.

3. More American made products.

4. For them to be less diverse in the products they sell, We have 2 Walmarts in Livonia and they are choking small businesses, they want to corner the market in everything, a nice fat Monopoly with political power to boot.

5. They only offer part time to most of it's workforce, they then help their employees to get welfare and food stamps, so while they shell out $112.00 in wages, their employees get 700 to 1500 in welfare benefits, guess where their employees are going to spend those benefits, tax payers are essentially funding their workforce.

Amen Sister!!!!!!Thumbs Up

I Love Pink & Green 1908

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
        Oklahoma
        United States
        Member #82391
        November 12, 2009
        6290 Posts
        Posted: December 30, 2012, 1:15 pm - IP Logged

Hello Kitty kills again LOL

What? Huh....

I Love Pink & Green 1908

New York,
          Panama
          Member #73078
          April 4, 2009
          3490 Posts
          Posted: December 30, 2012, 3:33 pm - IP Logged

!!!Thank you rd, we diehard, have to stick together...!!!LOL...LOL.,

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

New York,
            Panama
            Member #73078
            April 4, 2009
            3490 Posts
            Posted: December 30, 2012, 3:36 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!

mr.  rd,Lovies...only the best!!!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
              Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
              United States
              Member #73904
              April 28, 2009
              14903 Posts
              Posted: December 31, 2012, 8:10 pm - IP Logged

!!!Thank you rd, we diehard, have to stick together...!!!LOL...LOL.,

Roger that, Rosie.    Big Grin

Litebets27's avatar - power
                Maryland
                United States
                Member #10465
                January 14, 2005
                6065 Posts
                Posted: December 31, 2012, 10:17 pm - IP Logged

Sun SmileyWHEN YOU GO TO WALLY WORLD DO AS I DO,  I seek help from the "MINORITY HELP", TO HELP ME WITH WHAT I NEED  Believe me they      do take note of this, and say what good service you received from them..(.If you received good help.)....This helps the workers in the long run.

If we all stop shopping at American Companies, we eventually can put American Companies out of business

and some Japanese, or Chinese company  will buy them out,  and then the cure becomes worst than the illness!!!! 

one Example is Your At&T telephone Co. who now  farms out a lot of their work over seas!!! and when you call to ask questions about your bill, someone from the Philippines or other place answers, I say "I need to

speak with someone here in America" and they transfer me back!!

At Walmart, they  still have many made in America products such as Dresses, slacks, bed sheets, bed spreads., towels, pots and pan, Electronics,  paint and other products of very good quality...

Made in America is somethings we should seek to purchase not only at Walmart, 

but any and all places we go to spend our made in America Dollars.....

You are so right.

I always ask, when calling for computer support for my personal computer...Where are you located? It's always Mumby India.

My employer's computer support teams are located in Nebraska, Texas and, I believe, Minnesota, so I know the knowledge and capabilities are here.

Feeling,  PRICELESS!!!Banana

Come on Jackpot!!!

United States
                  Member #130815
                  July 25, 2012
                  1636 Posts
                  Posted: January 1, 2013, 8:22 am - IP Logged

You are so right.

I always ask, when calling for computer support for my personal computer...Where are you located? It's always Mumby India.

My employer's computer support teams are located in Nebraska, Texas and, I believe, Minnesota, so I know the knowledge and capabilities are here.

Yeah we have the knowledge and capabilities.....but why do you think everyone want to make their stuff overseas??? Could it be it lowers the companies overheard and helps their bottom line?? Money is the movitator in the U.S. if it don't make you money why do it?

Lucky4Life's avatar - batman14

United States
                    Member #85037
                    January 7, 2010
                    252 Posts
                    Posted: January 1, 2013, 12:39 pm - IP Logged

I only buy groceries at WInn Dixie and Publix.  I get other goods at Dollar General.  I wound't spend one thin dime at Walmart.  That would not change no matter how much or little money I have.

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                      u$a
                      United States
                      Member #106665
                      February 22, 2011
                      19767 Posts
                      Posted: January 2, 2013, 9:32 pm - IP Logged

I only buy groceries at WInn Dixie and Publix.  I get other goods at Dollar General.  I wound't spend one thin dime at Walmart.  That would not change no matter how much or little money I have.

clap smiley, animated smiley, animation smiley, clap smiley

Let it Snow Snowman

United States
                        Member #130815
                        July 25, 2012
                        1636 Posts
                        Posted: January 3, 2013, 2:15 pm - IP Logged

Unfortunately it would take millions more of you for Walmart to even care.....all they care about is profit.....and they're making it hand over fist....

Kumo's avatar - ebDWVf6 jpg?1

United States
                          Member #122235
                          January 27, 2012
                          172 Posts
                          Posted: January 3, 2013, 3:20 pm - IP Logged

Unfortunately it would take millions more of you for Walmart to even care.....all they care about is profit.....and they're making it hand over fist....

Very true, much like they don't care about the negative impact their Super Center's have on small town businesses and "Mom & Pop" grocery stores. It would not be so bad if they would actually help get the local economy back up and running after they close down a non-profiting location. It's just ethical and would look very good on the corporate exec's.

I prefer to get my groceries from HEB, they're also affordable, they have a good quality store brand and they don't use pink slime in their ground beef. I do shop at Wal-mart but that would definitely change if I could afford it, I'd much rather my money go to local and small businesses.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. ~Ronald Reagan

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." ~Wolfgang von Goethe

"It's preferable to be harmlessly paranoid than fatally stupid."  ~Anonymous

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
                            Texas
                            United States
                            Member #92330
                            June 5, 2010
                            887 Posts
                            Posted: January 3, 2013, 4:33 pm - IP Logged

I don't even shop there now. Can't stand the place.

I'd still shop at my normal stores though... Whole Foods, Rite Aid, Trader Joes, CVS and 99 Cents Only. The only thing I'd change is I'd buy more of things I rarely get.

Baton Rouge, LA
                              United States
                              Member #4602
                              May 7, 2004
                              699 Posts
                              Posted: January 4, 2013, 9:27 pm - IP Logged

I'd probably still shop there. Face it, they are everywhere. We have Supercenters here and we have Wal Mart Neighborhood Market, a grocery store they operate. They've put a lot of stores out of business, including some of the chain grocery stores. We also shop at Target.

I try not to spend to much money, that's how I've always been. I just hate to spend money.

Prisoner Six

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"