Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 10:44 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Christians against lottery and gambling

Topic closed. 506 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Todd.

Page 4 of 34
PrintE-mailLink
rdgrnr's avatar - walt
Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
United States
Member #73904
April 28, 2009
14903 Posts
Posted: January 14, 2013, 5:14 pm - IP Logged

The same church that is against the lottery will have a bake sale, church raffle and bingo!!

On top of that they will pass the collection plate, ask for tithe, love offerings, give to the building fund

and some of these churches even have a "pastor appreciation day"Roll Eyes

These MegaChurch pastors got their own books, tapes, cd's and dvd's, you think all of it

is for free? nope! You have to pay for that!! Everything in the church is for sale!!!

Some churhes even have an ATM machine right in the dang lobby!! lol

Lot of the churches out here are nothing but a bunch of hypocrites!!

Whoa, are they forcing you to attend their church or tithe or buy stuff from their bake sales or what?

Well if they are, I'd call the police cuz I'm pretty sure that's against the law.

And how dare they charge for their books and tapes and CD's and DVD's? That should all be free!

Cuz they shouldn't be allowed to raise money to pay the bills, right?

I know! Maybe they could just get money from the taxpayers like Planned Parenthood does to pay the bills! And as a bonus, there'll be no pile of dead babies to clean up afterward!

Nikkicute's avatar - nnjx1k
    Wisconsin
    United States
    Member #123290
    February 17, 2012
    3048 Posts
    Posted: January 14, 2013, 7:01 pm - IP Logged

Whoa, are they forcing you to attend their church or tithe or buy stuff from their bake sales or what?

Well if they are, I'd call the police cuz I'm pretty sure that's against the law.

And how dare they charge for their books and tapes and CD's and DVD's? That should all be free!

Cuz they shouldn't be allowed to raise money to pay the bills, right?

I know! Maybe they could just get money from the taxpayers like Planned Parenthood does to pay the bills! And as a bonus, there'll be no pile of dead babies to clean up afterward!

The truth is it does not cost money to preach the word of GOD, just open your mouth! it's free!!

Jesus never charged anyone for anything, why should that change in this day and age?

Now as far as churches raising money, keep in mind and keep to the subject of this thread, I'm talking

about Churches that have a problem with the lottery but charge people for things that should be available

for FREE!!

Nothing wrong with selling books and other informational items if they are also available for FREE!!

And if a member chooses to get that same FREE information (a sermon etc) in another form such as

on tape or a book, no problem if they pay for it!

But a lot of what you see is some preachers claiming they have a "word from the Lord" that could change

your life ect and turn around and put a price tag on it!! That's wrong!!

Tithing is old testement,  we are under a new covenant, GIVING is new testament.

Giving is good!!

United States
      Member #130815
      July 25, 2012
      1636 Posts
      Posted: January 14, 2013, 7:23 pm - IP Logged

Just what I expected, ya got nothin'.

Here's at least something for ya, son: Pfffffffftttttttt! That was right in your face, boy.

Have a nice day now and watch out for those bad Christians!

And you as well which is why I asked you to stop posting you make no sense...you have no point....nor any proof....as for bad christians i guess you'd know

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
        United States
        Member #73904
        April 28, 2009
        14903 Posts
        Posted: January 14, 2013, 8:20 pm - IP Logged

The truth is it does not cost money to preach the word of GOD, just open your mouth! it's free!!

Jesus never charged anyone for anything, why should that change in this day and age?

Now as far as churches raising money, keep in mind and keep to the subject of this thread, I'm talking

about Churches that have a problem with the lottery but charge people for things that should be available

for FREE!!

Nothing wrong with selling books and other informational items if they are also available for FREE!!

And if a member chooses to get that same FREE information (a sermon etc) in another form such as

on tape or a book, no problem if they pay for it!

But a lot of what you see is some preachers claiming they have a "word from the Lord" that could change

your life ect and turn around and put a price tag on it!! That's wrong!!

Tithing is old testement,  we are under a new covenant, GIVING is new testament.

Giving is good!!

"The truth is it does not cost money to preach the word of GOD, just open your mouth! it's free!!"

It might be free on a soapbox on the street corner but in a church you have to pay the light bill, sweetheart.

"Jesus never charged anyone for anything, why should that change in this day and age?"

The Temples survived off of tithes in Jesus' time and they still do. It's the same for Christian Churches today. Do you think they don't have operating expenses?

Or should all the priests and preachers roam the land on donkeys and preach when they come into the next town like Jesus did?

And I never told you to tithe.

The way you were complaining about Christian Churches, it sounded like someone was forcing you to be a member or something.

I know you don't tithe and I know you don't even give.

And I think the Church just might survive without your help.

I'm just confused as to why you and billionairetubby are so freaking hostile to Christianity and would NEVER EVER say a word about the guys who would chop your heads off if you did.

Is it solely cuz it's popular to hate Christians right now?

Or is it cuz you're too scared to talk about the other guys?

And wouldn't THAT be the height of hypocrisy?

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: January 14, 2013, 8:27 pm - IP Logged

And you as well which is why I asked you to stop posting you make no sense...you have no point....nor any proof....as for bad christians i guess you'd know

I don't care if you don't like Christians and I don't care if you don't like me, 7/11 cashier boy.

And if you don't want to see me posting on this thread then close your eyes, son.

Cuz I ain't never catered to the whims of a punk like you.

And I never will.

Deal with it.

United States
            Member #130815
            July 25, 2012
            1636 Posts
            Posted: January 14, 2013, 9:02 pm - IP Logged

I don't care if you don't like Christians and I don't care if you don't like me, 7/11 cashier boy.

And if you don't want to see me posting on this thread then close your eyes, son.

Cuz I ain't never catered to the whims of a punk like you.

And I never will.

Deal with it.

LOL you make no sense and say things to make it seem like your intelligent.....I guess you can keep on posting your nonsense.....its obivious you have nothing else better to do.....so reply to that Mr I have no life........you know you will.....Deal with that sister

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
              u$a
              United States
              Member #106665
              February 22, 2011
              19740 Posts
              Posted: January 14, 2013, 9:16 pm - IP Logged

LOL you make no sense and say things to make it seem like your intelligent.....I guess you can keep on posting your nonsense.....its obivious you have nothing else better to do.....so reply to that Mr I have no life........you know you will.....Deal with that sister

B2B, you are the one that makes No Sense ,,,

what do you do stay up all night long thinking of what can i post to start a argument?

this is what you come up with, i mean really!

(Christians against lottery and gambling.)

now stay on topic, i bet you can't, Green laugh

Let it Snow Snowman

Wisconsin
                United States
                Member #123290
                February 17, 2012
                3048 Posts
                Posted: January 14, 2013, 9:20 pm - IP Logged

"The truth is it does not cost money to preach the word of GOD, just open your mouth! it's free!!"

It might be free on a soapbox on the street corner but in a church you have to pay the light bill, sweetheart.

"Jesus never charged anyone for anything, why should that change in this day and age?"

The Temples survived off of tithes in Jesus' time and they still do. It's the same for Christian Churches today. Do you think they don't have operating expenses?

Or should all the priests and preachers roam the land on donkeys and preach when they come into the next town like Jesus did?

And I never told you to tithe.

The way you were complaining about Christian Churches, it sounded like someone was forcing you to be a member or something.

I know you don't tithe and I know you don't even give.

And I think the Church just might survive without your help.

I'm just confused as to why you and billionairetubby are so freaking hostile to Christianity and would NEVER EVER say a word about the guys who would chop your heads off if you did.

Is it solely cuz it's popular to hate Christians right now?

Or is it cuz you're too scared to talk about the other guys?

And wouldn't THAT be the height of hypocrisy?

This thread is about Christians against the lottery and gambling.

All I did was point out the fact that there are some churches who are against the lotto/gambling

but do their own form of lotto (raffle/bingo) and taking peoples money promising them a return.

(twisting scripture) Give 10% of your income (tithe) and God will give you a 100 fold return (Mark 4:20)

is what I always seen preached in the church and it simply does not happen. I tithed for 11 years!!

Please don't pretend you know me, I do GIVE.Yes Nod

All I'm saying that we are under a new covenant you GIVE to the church, you no longer have to tithe and

your local church does not replace the temple. Nothing wrong with GIVING to the church to help out with

expenses.

I am also confused as to why you think I'm hostile towards Chritianity when I simply pointed out the

hypocrisy in some churches. I wouldn't know if it's popular to hate Christians, you tell me, I'm not into hating.

By the way this thread is not about "the other guys", dead babies, donkeys, Planned Parenthood and

anything else you want to pull out of the air, again this thread is about the Christians who don't agree with

the lotto, not Christianity as a whole.

Kentucky
                  United States
                  Member #32652
                  February 14, 2006
                  7295 Posts
                  Posted: January 14, 2013, 10:17 pm - IP Logged

Even if this thread was "Some Christians are against lotteries and gambling", there would still be those who questioned why the subject was brought up. Just by responding, it's similar to giving up Miranda Rights "Anything you say or do may be used against you".

http://www.lotterypost.com/news/115269

The link is an example of a group against the California Lottery expanding into Mega Millions. Had someone remarked about a possible religious make-up of the The California Coalition Against Gambling Expansion, the discussion in that thread may have turned like this one.

I'm not criticizing anyone's remarks; only pointing out, some times it's just better to remain silent.

Wisconsin
                    United States
                    Member #123290
                    February 17, 2012
                    3048 Posts
                    Posted: January 14, 2013, 10:25 pm - IP Logged

Even if this thread was "Some Christians are against lotteries and gambling", there would still be those who questioned why the subject was brought up. Just by responding, it's similar to giving up Miranda Rights "Anything you say or do may be used against you".

The link is an example of a group against the California Lottery expanding into Mega Millions. Had someone remarked about a possible religious make-up of the The California Coalition Against Gambling Expansion, the discussion in that thread may have turned like this one.

I'm not criticizing anyone's remarks; only pointing out, some times it's just better to remain silent.

I Agree!

Yeah, that's what I will do now, remain silent lol

thanks Stack47

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                      United States
                      Member #73904
                      April 28, 2009
                      14903 Posts
                      Posted: January 14, 2013, 10:40 pm - IP Logged

This thread is about Christians against the lottery and gambling.

All I did was point out the fact that there are some churches who are against the lotto/gambling

but do their own form of lotto (raffle/bingo) and taking peoples money promising them a return.

(twisting scripture) Give 10% of your income (tithe) and God will give you a 100 fold return (Mark 4:20)

is what I always seen preached in the church and it simply does not happen. I tithed for 11 years!!

Please don't pretend you know me, I do GIVE.Yes Nod

All I'm saying that we are under a new covenant you GIVE to the church, you no longer have to tithe and

your local church does not replace the temple. Nothing wrong with GIVING to the church to help out with

expenses.

I am also confused as to why you think I'm hostile towards Chritianity when I simply pointed out the

hypocrisy in some churches. I wouldn't know if it's popular to hate Christians, you tell me, I'm not into hating.

By the way this thread is not about "the other guys", dead babies, donkeys, Planned Parenthood and

anything else you want to pull out of the air, again this thread is about the Christians who don't agree with

the lotto, not Christianity as a whole.

"This thread is about Christians against the lottery and gambling."

Yes, I noticed.

"Give 10% of your income (tithe) and God will give you a 100 fold return (Mark 4:20)

is what I always seen preached in the church and it simply does not happen. I tithed for 11 years!!"

You were tithing for the wrong reason. You were doing it for personal gain. Doesn't work that way. God knows your heart.

But I'm beginning to understand your root motivation for hating Christianity.

"Please don't pretend you know me, I do GIVE.Yes Nod"

OK, I won't pretend I know you if you don't pretend you GIVE.Yes Nod

Cuz we both know you don't.

How 'bout it?

"I am also confused as to why you think I'm hostile towards Chritianity"

Because it was Christianity you were attacking, no other religion, just Christianity.

The same as billionairetubby, the AntiChristian 7/11 Cashier Boy and Slurpee Maker Extraordinaire.

"this thread is about the Christians who don't agree with the lotto, not Christianity as a whole."

Then why don't you and your buddy direct your hate towards your own personal churches and pastors instead of condemning all Christians? And be specific?

Let him address his sister's church and her pastor and you address your church and pastor instead of painting all Christians with the same broad brush?

The Title of this thread is "Christians Against Lottery and Gambling"

And that's a lie.

And you know it.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                        United States
                        Member #73904
                        April 28, 2009
                        14903 Posts
                        Posted: January 14, 2013, 10:48 pm - IP Logged

what do you do stay up all night long thinking of what can i post to start a argument?

I Agree!

United States
                          Member #130815
                          July 25, 2012
                          1636 Posts
                          Posted: January 15, 2013, 7:18 am - IP Logged

Look help a loser out....why are you posting???  you and your little emoticons...there not going to help save you place in the welfare line so you better get going....get that check my taxes are so graciously going to sustain you and your 5 kids

United States
                            Member #130815
                            July 25, 2012
                            1636 Posts
                            Posted: January 15, 2013, 7:23 am - IP Logged

"This thread is about Christians against the lottery and gambling."

Yes, I noticed.

"Give 10% of your income (tithe) and God will give you a 100 fold return (Mark 4:20)

is what I always seen preached in the church and it simply does not happen. I tithed for 11 years!!"

You were tithing for the wrong reason. You were doing it for personal gain. Doesn't work that way. God knows your heart.

But I'm beginning to understand your root motivation for hating Christianity.

"Please don't pretend you know me, I do GIVE.Yes Nod"

OK, I won't pretend I know you if you don't pretend you GIVE.Yes Nod

Cuz we both know you don't.

How 'bout it?

"I am also confused as to why you think I'm hostile towards Chritianity"

Because it was Christianity you were attacking, no other religion, just Christianity.

The same as billionairetubby, the AntiChristian 7/11 Cashier Boy and Slurpee Maker Extraordinaire.

"this thread is about the Christians who don't agree with the lotto, not Christianity as a whole."

Then why don't you and your buddy direct your hate towards your own personal churches and pastors instead of condemning all Christians? And be specific?

Let him address his sister's church and her pastor and you address your church and pastor instead of painting all Christians with the same broad brush?

The Title of this thread is "Christians Against Lottery and Gambling"

And that's a lie.

And you know it.

If anybody put a negative twist on Christians it's you....your not one so don't even know why your talking about them....Don't question anyone elses beliefs that you don't know....you have no proof on any of your points and you can't prove anything that's why I said you need to just stop posting........but you can't cause your a troll so prove me right and post to this........

Columbia, SC
                              United States
                              Member #135285
                              November 21, 2012
                              584 Posts
                              Posted: January 15, 2013, 8:19 am - IP Logged

In hindsight, perhaps it would've been best if you had titled the thread something along the lines of Experiences with Religion and Lottery and not singled out the Christian faith. There are people from all religions who are either for or against the lottery. I read where many people of Islamic faith are against the lottery but many of them don't seem to mind taking in the profit from lottery sales at their convenience stores....

"If you can DREAM it, you can DO it!"- Walt Disney

Page 4 of 34