Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 3:03 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Is everyone playing the lottery in hopes of being able to retire, what are your reasons for playing?

Topic closed. 104 replies. Last post 4 years ago by PoeticJustice32.

Page 3 of 7
PrintE-mailLink
IPlayWeekly's avatar - avatarmoney
Columbus, Ohio
United States
Member #128906
June 5, 2012
591 Posts
Posted: February 26, 2013, 11:15 pm - IP Logged

Wow, good win... if that was MM, you'd won between 250k-1 million depending if you played the extra buck.  I can't wait till I get a good hit, I will be at the Cleveland Lottery office once they open.  It's just a 2hr drive, I'm from Columbus.

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
    Member #59354
    March 13, 2008
    3972 Posts
    Posted: February 26, 2013, 11:26 pm - IP Logged

For the challenge.

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: February 27, 2013, 12:20 am - IP Logged

I'd like to send a picture of me holdin' that big ol' check to all my ex-wives. And I'd let my beard hang over the part that says how many millions I won to drive 'em insane.

Then I'd air up the tires on my singlewide and push it down the dadgum mountain and watch my neighbors down the mountain, the McNutt's, scatter like rabbits when it plows through they truck patch at about 75 miles an hour runnin' off all they dam hogs. Then when they look up to the top of the mountain they'll see me up there moonin' 'em and a slappin' my ass yellin' yeeeeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, y'all hillbillies! as I fire a couple rounds out the 12 gauge up in the air and then disappear back into the clouds while they duckin' fer cover. I do that last part pretty regular anyway just to keep the McNutt's at bay. (They're crazy)

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
        u$a
        United States
        Member #106665
        February 22, 2011
        19858 Posts
        Posted: February 27, 2013, 12:29 am - IP Logged

I'd like to send a picture of me holdin' that big ol' check to all my ex-wives. And I'd let my beard hang over the part that says how many millions I won to drive 'em insane.

Then I'd air up the tires on my singlewide and push it down the dadgum mountain and watch my neighbors down the mountain, the McNutt's, scatter like rabbits when it plows through they truck patch at about 75 miles an hour runnin' off all they dam hogs. Then when they look up to the top of the mountain they'll see me up there moonin' 'em and a slappin' my ass yellin' yeeeeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, y'all hillbillies! as I fire a couple rounds out the 12 gauge up in the air and then disappear back into the clouds while they duckin' fer cover. I do that last part pretty regular anyway just to keep the McNutt's at bay. (They're crazy)

yeah they sure sound crazy Crazy      Green laugh

Let it Snow Snowman

u$a
          United States
          Member #106665
          February 22, 2011
          19858 Posts
          Posted: February 27, 2013, 12:35 am - IP Logged

ok let me try to picture this your holding a Million dollar check with your pants down smacking you A$$ while shooting a Gun yelling YEE HAW, have you been drinking tonight?LOL

Let it Snow Snowman

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: February 27, 2013, 12:49 am - IP Logged

ok let me try to picture this your holding a Million dollar check with your pants down smacking you A$$ while shooting a Gun yelling YEE HAW, have you been drinking tonight?LOL

No, the picture is at the lottery office with the check.

The rest I do when I get home.

Have I been drinkin' tonight?

I'm been drinkin' EVERY NIGHT! Stretch

Yeeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

u$a
              United States
              Member #106665
              February 22, 2011
              19858 Posts
              Posted: February 27, 2013, 12:54 am - IP Logged

No, the picture is at the lottery office with the check.

The rest I do when I get home.

Have I been drinkin' tonight?

I'm been drinkin' EVERY NIGHT! Stretch

Yeeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

that'll sure show them ex wife's of yours...i hope you win BIG

Let it Snow Snowman

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19829 Posts
                Posted: February 27, 2013, 1:41 am - IP Logged

Very impressive!  They charge you a processing charge???!!!!

I could have avoided the processing charge by driving 65 miles to a regional office or mailing  in the paper work and waiting 2-3 weeks for it to be processed but I chose to go to the authorized bank in the county and get my money instantly and pay the fee.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19829 Posts
                  Posted: February 27, 2013, 1:48 am - IP Logged

Wow, good win... if that was MM, you'd won between 250k-1 million depending if you played the extra buck.  I can't wait till I get a good hit, I will be at the Cleveland Lottery office once they open.  It's just a 2hr drive, I'm from Columbus.

Why would you drive 160 miles to Cleveland when there is a regional office in NE Columbus just off US270?  I live near Mansfield half way between Columbus and Cleveland and I would rather drive to Columbus to collect my winnings.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

s5thomps's avatar - Lottery-033.jpg
                    Hard Luck, Ak
                    United States
                    Member #23472
                    October 13, 2005
                    275 Posts
                    Posted: February 27, 2013, 2:36 am - IP Logged

Hi everyone,

Just curious what the different reasons are for playing the lottery? I'm assuming most people are playing for financial security but have heard of some people who win the lottery who still work in their jobs. I realize it really depends on how much a person wins before they could consider retiring from their job. I've mentioned this before but I started playing over 3 years ago because I was hoping to win enough money to send my daughter to college. Now that isn't the only reason because having financial security would be great because I have a lot of physical and mental issues, so not having to worry about working till I drop dead would be a blessing.  Before I started playing regularly I would only play when the MM or PB was over a 100 million. I've since learned that any amount of money would be great to win. Also know that it would take a certain amount of money to be able to just never have to work again.  Even if someone doesn't win enough to retire winning a lottery can still make a difference in terms of being able to afford college for kids or being able to pay off a mortgage, travel etc.  Frankly for the people who say they are going to keep working at their jobs I can see a lot of resentment from co-workers who know you won, therefore making it hard to stay in their jobs (also by leaving your job it would create a job for someone who really needs it).  I'm sure most of you are thinking it's obvious why you play the lottery but some people might have different reasons for playing.

HELLO? HELLOOOO???  YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!!!

Herm Edwards

"We make a living by what you get, You make a LIFE by what you give!"

Sir Winston ChurchillSun Smiley

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                      Oklahoma
                      United States
                      Member #82391
                      November 12, 2009
                      6290 Posts
                      Posted: February 27, 2013, 5:42 am - IP Logged

I play to make life easier.Wink

I Love Pink & Green 1908

Oklahoma
                        United States
                        Member #82391
                        November 12, 2009
                        6290 Posts
                        Posted: February 27, 2013, 5:44 am - IP Logged

Playing the lottery can be both entertaining and frustrating.

Entertaining when you win but frustrating when you miss being a multi-millionaire by one number.

RJOhOhioClassic Lotto5 of 605-12-16-18-36-3912-16-18-36-39-42$5,000

At least that what I was thinking when I collected my $1500 - $10(processing charge) this morning.

Congratulations RJOhThumbs Up

I Love Pink & Green 1908

Oklahoma
                          United States
                          Member #82391
                          November 12, 2009
                          6290 Posts
                          Posted: February 27, 2013, 5:45 am - IP Logged

for entertainment purposes onlySmiley

Thumbs Up

I Love Pink & Green 1908

IPlayWeekly's avatar - avatarmoney
                            Columbus, Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #128906
                            June 5, 2012
                            591 Posts
                            Posted: February 27, 2013, 6:23 am - IP Logged

I had no idea there was a regional office in Columbus... thats good to hear.  My biggest hit so for was getting three white on MM, again congrats

buttercake's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg

United Kingdom
                              Member #70550
                              February 5, 2009
                              120 Posts
                              Posted: February 27, 2013, 12:12 pm - IP Logged

Hi everyone,

Just curious what the different reasons are for playing the lottery? I'm assuming most people are playing for financial security but have heard of some people who win the lottery who still work in their jobs. I realize it really depends on how much a person wins before they could consider retiring from their job. I've mentioned this before but I started playing over 3 years ago because I was hoping to win enough money to send my daughter to college. Now that isn't the only reason because having financial security would be great because I have a lot of physical and mental issues, so not having to worry about working till I drop dead would be a blessing.  Before I started playing regularly I would only play when the MM or PB was over a 100 million. I've since learned that any amount of money would be great to win. Also know that it would take a certain amount of money to be able to just never have to work again.  Even if someone doesn't win enough to retire winning a lottery can still make a difference in terms of being able to afford college for kids or being able to pay off a mortgage, travel etc.  Frankly for the people who say they are going to keep working at their jobs I can see a lot of resentment from co-workers who know you won, therefore making it hard to stay in their jobs (also by leaving your job it would create a job for someone who really needs it).  I'm sure most of you are thinking it's obvious why you play the lottery but some people might have different reasons for playing.

I'm playing in order to buy a plot of land, build a mansion so to adopt and foster as many children who needs a loving suitable home, am also playing for financial stability, having the freedom of not worrying about bills etc