Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 11:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Is everyone playing the lottery in hopes of being able to retire, what are your reasons for playing?

Topic closed. 104 replies. Last post 4 years ago by PoeticJustice32.

Page 4 of 7
PrintE-mailLink
catmeds's avatar - Cardinal
Williamsburg, Virginia
United States
Member #54454
August 19, 2007
210 Posts
Posted: February 28, 2013, 8:49 am - IP Logged

The main reason I play is to win so I can quit my job and not deal with the increasingly crazy general public. But considering I'm not that special one in 7 million I've lowered my daydreaming goals to win enough money for a new car.

Columbia, SC
    United States
    Member #135285
    November 21, 2012
    584 Posts
    Posted: February 28, 2013, 9:06 am - IP Logged

I'd like to send a picture of me holdin' that big ol' check to all my ex-wives. And I'd let my beard hang over the part that says how many millions I won to drive 'em insane.

Then I'd air up the tires on my singlewide and push it down the dadgum mountain and watch my neighbors down the mountain, the McNutt's, scatter like rabbits when it plows through they truck patch at about 75 miles an hour runnin' off all they dam hogs. Then when they look up to the top of the mountain they'll see me up there moonin' 'em and a slappin' my ass yellin' yeeeeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, y'all hillbillies! as I fire a couple rounds out the 12 gauge up in the air and then disappear back into the clouds while they duckin' fer cover. I do that last part pretty regular anyway just to keep the McNutt's at bay. (They're crazy)

Hey..I have some distant neighbors like that but their last name is Nutter...ironic, huh?? "Bout the only time I see anything close to snow is when they set fire to their trash in this big drum in their backyard and wind catches hold to the ashes...

Okay, I take that back...we did have a nice little snow here a week ago...it was beautiful...first snow we'd had here in years....was glad to see it come, but glad to see it go too...People around my parts get in a frenzy when it even rains hard so you can imagine how we deal with snow!

"If you can DREAM it, you can DO it!"- Walt Disney

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: February 28, 2013, 2:19 pm - IP Logged

The main reason I play is to win so I can quit my job and not deal with the increasingly crazy general public. But considering I'm not that special one in 7 million I've lowered my daydreaming goals to win enough money for a new car.

I don't care much for the general public my ownself, catmeds.

That's why I pretty much stay back up here in the holler.

Course, everybody has to get out once in a while on a Friday night and shoot up the roadsigns or something.

Or go down the mountain and into town with the pickup and squall tires all around the town square, yellin' yeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaa! out the window.

And then head back fer the holler.

I mean I like to have a good time as much as anybody else.

I just don't like minglin' with all them crazy people.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
        United States
        Member #73904
        April 28, 2009
        14903 Posts
        Posted: February 28, 2013, 2:30 pm - IP Logged

Hey..I have some distant neighbors like that but their last name is Nutter...ironic, huh?? "Bout the only time I see anything close to snow is when they set fire to their trash in this big drum in their backyard and wind catches hold to the ashes...

Okay, I take that back...we did have a nice little snow here a week ago...it was beautiful...first snow we'd had here in years....was glad to see it come, but glad to see it go too...People around my parts get in a frenzy when it even rains hard so you can imagine how we deal with snow!

I think everybody's had strange neighbors at one time or another, CinCin. And ya gotta figure that somewhere along the line in history, somebody gave 'em the names they got and there was a reason for it, lol.

--Edmund Burke

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
          Beautiful Florida
          United States
          Member #5709
          July 18, 2004
          20246 Posts
          Posted: February 28, 2013, 2:46 pm - IP Logged

Me, I would like to win enough to build a giant Looney Bin and drop the liberal nut cases in it and then waterboard the "hell" out of them until they sang "I'm a Liar" in tune to the beattles "I'm a Loser" which in turn would be just what the majority of them are....

I think that would be better than letting them run around Naked in the Louisiana Bayou. They would make the creatures extinct..

Could you just imagine a "naked " Pelosi on the loose........            OMG.

" You can not control the Wind, but you can direct the Sail "

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
            u$a
            United States
            Member #106665
            February 22, 2011
            19964 Posts
            Posted: February 28, 2013, 2:46 pm - IP Logged

I don't care much for the general public my ownself, catmeds.

That's why I pretty much stay back up here in the holler.

Course, everybody has to get out once in a while on a Friday night and shoot up the roadsigns or something.

Or go down the mountain and into town with the pickup and squall tires all around the town square, yellin' yeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaa! out the window.

And then head back fer the holler.

I mean I like to have a good time as much as anybody else.

I just don't like minglin' with all them crazy people.

everybody has to get out once in a while on a Friday night and shoot up the roadsigns or something.

Or go down the mountain and into town with the pickup and squall tires all around the town square, yellin' yeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaa! out the window.

sounds Real Entertaining for a Friday NITE i bet them Girls are fighting over you!

Let it Snow Snowman

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
              Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
              United States
              Member #112968
              June 29, 2011
              3857 Posts
              Posted: February 28, 2013, 3:40 pm - IP Logged

Hi everyone,

Just curious what the different reasons are for playing the lottery? I'm assuming most people are playing for financial security but have heard of some people who win the lottery who still work in their jobs. I realize it really depends on how much a person wins before they could consider retiring from their job. I've mentioned this before but I started playing over 3 years ago because I was hoping to win enough money to send my daughter to college. Now that isn't the only reason because having financial security would be great because I have a lot of physical and mental issues, so not having to worry about working till I drop dead would be a blessing.  Before I started playing regularly I would only play when the MM or PB was over a 100 million. I've since learned that any amount of money would be great to win. Also know that it would take a certain amount of money to be able to just never have to work again.  Even if someone doesn't win enough to retire winning a lottery can still make a difference in terms of being able to afford college for kids or being able to pay off a mortgage, travel etc.  Frankly for the people who say they are going to keep working at their jobs I can see a lot of resentment from co-workers who know you won, therefore making it hard to stay in their jobs (also by leaving your job it would create a job for someone who really needs it).  I'm sure most of you are thinking it's obvious why you play the lottery but some people might have different reasons for playing.

Well, yea, now the reason is so I can retire, before it was just so I did'nt have to work...there is a difference.

over the next 7 years I expect to earn about $600,000, so you may say, well thats all you need to win to retire right now,

au cont rare my freind, its not the same thing.

working those years I still would have a mortgage and would have to move.

OTOH w/a 4MILS clear from MM it becomes a no brainer.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                United States
                Member #112968
                June 29, 2011
                3857 Posts
                Posted: February 28, 2013, 3:45 pm - IP Logged

Me, I would like to win enough to build a giant Looney Bin and drop the liberal nut cases in it and then waterboard the "hell" out of them until they sang "I'm a Liar" in tune to the beattles "I'm a Loser" which in turn would be just what the majority of them are....

I think that would be better than letting them run around Naked in the Louisiana Bayou. They would make the creatures extinct..

"Can you imagine a naked pelosi on the loose.....

I gagged thinking that  LMAO.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: February 28, 2013, 3:46 pm - IP Logged

That last comment dern near rernt my supper, Dog.

--Edmund Burke

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                    United States
                    Member #73904
                    April 28, 2009
                    14903 Posts
                    Posted: February 28, 2013, 3:57 pm - IP Logged

everybody has to get out once in a while on a Friday night and shoot up the roadsigns or something.

Or go down the mountain and into town with the pickup and squall tires all around the town square, yellin' yeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaa! out the window.

sounds Real Entertaining for a Friday NITE i bet them Girls are fighting over you!

Well, course they are.

What woman could resist a mountain man with a 4 foot beard hanging out the window, squallin' tires and a slingin' gravel all over the town square while blastin' George Strait singin' "When Did You Stop Lovin' Me?" on the cassette player? Ain't a woman in the world could resist that!

That there's what I call: Fannin' the flames of sweet desire! Yessir!

--Edmund Burke

Astekblue's avatar - Tarlor
                      Kentucky
                      United States
                      Member #35086
                      March 12, 2006
                      10374 Posts
                      Posted: February 28, 2013, 5:59 pm - IP Logged

Amen   To    That      Maddog               Amen  To  That    Thumbs Up

Kentucky
                        United States
                        Member #35086
                        March 12, 2006
                        10374 Posts
                        Posted: February 28, 2013, 6:03 pm - IP Logged

Well, course they are.

What woman could resist a mountain man with a 4 foot beard hanging out the window, squallin' tires and a slingin' gravel all over the town square while blastin' George Strait singin' "When Did You Stop Lovin' Me?" on the cassette player? Ain't a woman in the world could resist that!

Smile

Like  I   say    Ridge............You  Got  Style    Thumbs Up

Kentucky
                          United States
                          Member #35086
                          March 12, 2006
                          10374 Posts
                          Posted: February 28, 2013, 6:06 pm - IP Logged

I'd like to send a picture of me holdin' that big ol' check to all my ex-wives. And I'd let my beard hang over the part that says how many millions I won to drive 'em insane.

Then I'd air up the tires on my singlewide and push it down the dadgum mountain and watch my neighbors down the mountain, the McNutt's, scatter like rabbits when it plows through they truck patch at about 75 miles an hour runnin' off all they dam hogs. Then when they look up to the top of the mountain they'll see me up there moonin' 'em and a slappin' my ass yellin' yeeeeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, y'all hillbillies! as I fire a couple rounds out the 12 gauge up in the air and then disappear back into the clouds while they duckin' fer cover. I do that last part pretty regular anyway just to keep the McNutt's at bay. (They're crazy)

LOL   Green laugh   ROFL

Your  Killin '  Me  Ridge   LOL

Columbia, SC
                            United States
                            Member #135285
                            November 21, 2012
                            584 Posts
                            Posted: February 28, 2013, 7:19 pm - IP Logged

"Can you imagine a naked pelosi on the loose.....

I gagged thinking that  LMAO.

OMG..now that paints a very disturbing mental image..I can barely stand to look at her WITH clothes!..That's one SCARY lookin' woman!

Columbia, SC
                              United States
                              Member #135285
                              November 21, 2012
                              584 Posts
                              Posted: February 28, 2013, 7:21 pm - IP Logged

Well, course they are.

Make sure you have some Conway Twitty tapes to play too......oh, and don't forget that lottery check.....maybe the wind will blow your beard far enough to the side to reveal the amount of zeros, lol