Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 7:25 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Would you tip the Store Clerk if you won big ?

Topic closed. 62 replies. Last post 4 years ago by maringoman.

Page 5 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19824 Posts
Posted: March 12, 2013, 2:28 pm - IP Logged

Our store has heavy foot traffic of scratchers. So much, the clerk collects losers and occassionally finds a winner. He then uses these to play starting with the big games, MM/PB, then Cash 5/Pick 6 until he got hooked with twice daily Pick3. Once he won 10x str8 on a Pick3 and tipped me $100.

Today he's stalking me everytime I win on a scratch off. I kinda hate it but I feel bad if I dont. The Lottery is really addicting and spares no one. Even the clerk who just makes minimum wage.

There no such thing as free money, it might be cheap but it's not free.  Sounds like you're are getting what you deserved if you accepted a $100 tip from a store clerk.  Give the $100 tip back to the clerk, say "be seeing you" and find another store to buy your lottery tickets.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

CHERRY HILL, NJ
    United States
    Member #130213
    July 9, 2012
    387 Posts
    Posted: March 12, 2013, 3:35 pm - IP Logged

There no such thing as free money, it might be cheap but it's not free.  Sounds like you're are getting what you deserved if you accepted a $100 tip from a store clerk.  Give the $100 tip back to the clerk, say "be seeing you" and find another store to buy your lottery tickets.

Thanks. This might be the best advice so far. See Ya!

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
      Massachusetts
      United States
      Member #37433
      April 14, 2006
      2747 Posts
      Posted: March 12, 2013, 3:36 pm - IP Logged

How about keeping the $100 and then buying his scratchers at the same store and cashing them elsewhere?

That money's gone fo ever