Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 9:00 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Florida Scratch Offs - Post Pictures if posible

5272 replies. Last post 1 hour ago by jasefan.

Page 140 of 352
PrintE-mailLink
Jacksonville
United States
Member #153806
March 26, 2014
345 Posts
Posted: October 20, 2015, 9:15 pm - IP Logged

Well today was less than satisfactory.  I was filling up gas tonight and I bought a 50X the Cash ticket ($10) at the register.  The lady behind me asks me if I've had luck with that ticket and I told her that I won $500 once but otherwise I didn't care for too many of the other $10 tickets.  So she decides to buy the next ticket.  She hit $10,000.      Thud          I just can't believe it.  In fairness, she offered to buy me the next ticket after hers which was a $20 winner.  At least she was nice...

NY
    United States
    Member #167035
    June 22, 2015
    1340 Posts
    Posted: October 20, 2015, 9:22 pm - IP Logged

grrr - should have bought 2

Florida
      United States
      Member #167757
      July 29, 2015
      359 Posts
      Posted: October 20, 2015, 10:28 pm - IP Logged

Well today was less than satisfactory.  I was filling up gas tonight and I bought a 50X the Cash ticket ($10) at the register.  The lady behind me asks me if I've had luck with that ticket and I told her that I won $500 once but otherwise I didn't care for too many of the other $10 tickets.  So she decides to buy the next ticket.  She hit $10,000.      Thud          I just can't believe it.  In fairness, she offered to buy me the next ticket after hers which was a $20 winner.  At least she was nice...

Wow.

At least it wasn't a million. My luck she would've hit a million.

Florida
        United States
        Member #167757
        July 29, 2015
        359 Posts
        Posted: October 20, 2015, 10:34 pm - IP Logged

No, no, I was wrong. My luck the lady would've hit a million, and I'd be there crying "Why, Universe! Why?" and while he was laughing at me the clerk would then buy the next ticket and he too would hit a million. That's my luck.

[Walks off grumbling about bloody 100X tickets...]

United States
          Member #162133
          December 23, 2014
          143 Posts
          Posted: October 20, 2015, 10:49 pm - IP Logged

Oh Gatorsrok, that's heartbreaking!  So close...and yet so far.  Sitting here, and have no words for you except...I'm sorry No Nod

Yesterday, round one, said to heck with the old games...got 7 of the fantastic 5's, and feeling brave, or desperate, or stoopid, also got a 20.00 gold rush.  Got 4 fantastic winners out of 7... and broke even.  Also got a 2X for 10.00 and broke even again.

Round 2 took me to another spot by my job, and I got the last 5 bens and the last 7 flamingos.  All bens lost, and got 2 winners for 25.00 on the flamingos.  Should have quit while I was ahead...or even.

This morning, it was back to cheap games!  Wanted all of 2.00 gold rush, the man only had 7 left.  So got 11 dollar gold rushes.  Won back 9.00 on the two dollar tickets, and had 5 winners out of 11 tickets on the dollar games...paid me 10.00.

Tomorrow, Lord willing, we will go forth and do battle with the scratch off tickets again.  Good night, and good fortune to all...

Orlando, FL
            United States
            Member #95015
            August 1, 2010
            253 Posts
            Posted: October 21, 2015, 5:04 pm - IP Logged

Posted on the Food & Lotto Orlando Facebook page today:

Hello Food and Lotto customers unfortunately the store is temporary closed we are in the process of restructuring our business plan ! Sorry but check back for updates !

I liked that place.  I hope they reopen.

NY
              United States
              Member #167035
              June 22, 2015
              1340 Posts
              Posted: October 21, 2015, 7:29 pm - IP Logged

Posted on the Food & Lotto Orlando Facebook page today:

Hello Food and Lotto customers unfortunately the store is temporary closed we are in the process of restructuring our business plan ! Sorry but check back for updates !

I liked that place.  I hope they reopen.

:( i like looking at their big wins

North port
                United States
                Member #168551
                September 6, 2015
                34 Posts
                Posted: October 22, 2015, 5:25 pm - IP Logged

Anyone been buying $20 gold rush and winning ?

Florida
                  United States
                  Member #167757
                  July 29, 2015
                  359 Posts
                  Posted: October 22, 2015, 6:37 pm - IP Logged

Anyone been buying $20 gold rush and winning ?

It'll be a bit still before it's time for another jackpot to come around, so I've been off them since that kid won in Pensacola. In the third week or so of November I'll start picking them up again. I've purchased many $20GR tickets and have yet to see a $500. That's all I was really after with it. I've gotten several $100s (and lower wins), but the elusive gold bar has yet to find me. I know other members have said they hit many, many more $500s on GRT for effectively the same number of tickets purchased, and so have chosen to mostly avoid the game.

Right now the $20 ticket to buy is Super Millions. It's back to ripe again and has the best top prize odds of any of them by far.

That said, I'd buy 2x the $10 $200M Spectacular before getting any of the $20 tickets. The $10 $5k A Week For Life game is ready to drop another jackpot as well (but the odds are godawful).

morgothaod's avatar - Lottery-035.jpg

United States
                    Member #154519
                    April 19, 2014
                    243 Posts
                    Posted: October 22, 2015, 8:14 pm - IP Logged

It'll be a bit still before it's time for another jackpot to come around, so I've been off them since that kid won in Pensacola. In the third week or so of November I'll start picking them up again. I've purchased many $20GR tickets and have yet to see a $500. That's all I was really after with it. I've gotten several $100s (and lower wins), but the elusive gold bar has yet to find me. I know other members have said they hit many, many more $500s on GRT for effectively the same number of tickets purchased, and so have chosen to mostly avoid the game.

Right now the $20 ticket to buy is Super Millions. It's back to ripe again and has the best top prize odds of any of them by far.

That said, I'd buy 2x the $10 $200M Spectacular before getting any of the $20 tickets. The $10 $5k A Week For Life game is ready to drop another jackpot as well (but the odds are godawful).

Why do you think there will be another winner for the 5k life game?  Just because someone hasn't won in awhile?

Florida
                      United States
                      Member #167757
                      July 29, 2015
                      359 Posts
                      Posted: October 22, 2015, 9:08 pm - IP Logged

Why do you think there will be another winner for the 5k life game?  Just because someone hasn't won in awhile?

Lately, the Lottery seems to be aiming toward games with a faster turnaround as opposed to having them linger for years. Likely they've run the numbers and found that even with the expense of ordering and promoting a new game it's more profitable to do that than it is to reorder old ones and let them stagnate. It's silly, but people get excited for the new stuff (even when the odds are worse overall). I don't expect the current iteration of Week for Life games to be around for very long.

All of the sister games for $5k A Week for Life at the other price levels are now down to half of their original top prizes whereas the $10 game is still sitting on 3 of 4. The last (and only) win was on 8/27, nearly two months ago, and that win came about two months into the game. Surely the purchasing rate dropped after the Second Chance event was over, but we should be getting into the sweet spot about now. It's not a game I'd go buy a ton of tickets on, but it's one I'll grab a random ticket for now and again while purchasing others.

Also worth considering, $2M Jackpot and $2M Gold Rush are pretty comparable, and each went through half of its top prizes within four months of launch. This simply provides a broad indication of the rate at which $10 tickets with relatively large jackpots sell, and suggests that the $5K A Week for Life game has probably sold enough tickets to have another jackpot sitting on an open roll somewhere right now.

I'll be looking for the next $10M prize on Florida Cash to pop as well. Around Christmas/New Years, probably, if the holiday tickets don't pull too many sales away from the game.

United States
                        Member #162133
                        December 23, 2014
                        143 Posts
                        Posted: October 22, 2015, 9:18 pm - IP Logged

So yesterday, I had all honest intentions of getting 3 of the 200MS game, based in part on the number of mid level prizes still available.  Thank you, MrGray, for that information...

My go-to store was out, so I settled for 3 of the 50X the cash.  Bad move.  Got a 5X for two bucks. 

This morning, still no MS games...no more to be had there.  That's where the 10.00 Christmas ticket are going to go.  Sigh.  So, got 3 of the Price is Wrong (lost on all 3) and killed the Bens game.  Got 2 5.00 matches on ticket 058.

Tonight, just finished scratching 10 of the Lucky Stars, 048-057.  Won 2.00 on two tickets.  Me thinks it's time for a break...gonna TRY and wait for the new Christmas tickets next week.

Goodnight, all.  Looking forward to more nice stories and pictures in the next few days.  Happy Hunting!!!

Jacksonville
                          United States
                          Member #153806
                          March 26, 2014
                          345 Posts
                          Posted: October 22, 2015, 9:39 pm - IP Logged

Lately, the Lottery seems to be aiming toward games with a faster turnaround as opposed to having them linger for years. Likely they've run the numbers and found that even with the expense of ordering and promoting a new game it's more profitable to do that than it is to reorder old ones and let them stagnate. It's silly, but people get excited for the new stuff (even when the odds are worse overall). I don't expect the current iteration of Week for Life games to be around for very long.

All of the sister games for $5k A Week for Life at the other price levels are now down to half of their original top prizes whereas the $10 game is still sitting on 3 of 4. The last (and only) win was on 8/27, nearly two months ago, and that win came about two months into the game. Surely the purchasing rate dropped after the Second Chance event was over, but we should be getting into the sweet spot about now. It's not a game I'd go buy a ton of tickets on, but it's one I'll grab a random ticket for now and again while purchasing others.

Also worth considering, $2M Jackpot and $2M Gold Rush are pretty comparable, and each went through half of its top prizes within four months of launch. This simply provides a broad indication of the rate at which $10 tickets with relatively large jackpots sell, and suggests that the $5K A Week for Life game has probably sold enough tickets to have another jackpot sitting on an open roll somewhere right now.

I'll be looking for the next $10M prize on Florida Cash to pop as well. Around Christmas/New Years, probably, if the holiday tickets don't pull too many sales away from the game.

I think you are correct on all three counts.  There is a $1M prize winner sitting on a roll somewhere for the $200MS game and there will be one very soon for the $2M Jackpot and $10 Gold Rush games.  The $5k L4L game will be due for a hit soon as well.  But I am upset with how the lottery concealed the fact that the first prize was won nearly a month before they updated their website.  I bought a lot of tickets thinking it was overdue only to find out the first prize had been won weeks earlier.

With that said, doing the math it appears there about 21,500+/- rolls of the $200MS outstanding.  All of my local places are out of stock as well and can't reorder.  I bet this game starts to become scarce over the next 3-4 months as existing inventory sells out.  Although 21,500 rolls sounds like a lot, there are about 18,000 lotto retailers.  This game may sell out quicker than the anticipated 2018 date set by the Lotto officials. 

Good luck to everyone.

NY
                            United States
                            Member #167035
                            June 22, 2015
                            1340 Posts
                            Posted: October 22, 2015, 11:07 pm - IP Logged

new xmas games on tuesday...

and good luck to everyone down in FL

Florida
                              United States
                              Member #167757
                              July 29, 2015
                              359 Posts
                              Posted: October 22, 2015, 11:20 pm - IP Logged

I think you are correct on all three counts.  There is a $1M prize winner sitting on a roll somewhere for the $200MS game and there will be one very soon for the $2M Jackpot and $10 Gold Rush games.  The $5k L4L game will be due for a hit soon as well.  But I am upset with how the lottery concealed the fact that the first prize was won nearly a month before they updated their website.  I bought a lot of tickets thinking it was overdue only to find out the first prize had been won weeks earlier.

With that said, doing the math it appears there about 21,500+/- rolls of the $200MS outstanding.  All of my local places are out of stock as well and can't reorder.  I bet this game starts to become scarce over the next 3-4 months as existing inventory sells out.  Although 21,500 rolls sounds like a lot, there are about 18,000 lotto retailers.  This game may sell out quicker than the anticipated 2018 date set by the Lotto officials. 

Good luck to everyone.

I did exactly the same thing with the $5k A Week for Life game, buying a lot of tickets thinking it was overdue, and was also not happy to find out the Lottery took so long to report the first win. There are a ton of dead tickets for that game in a shoebox waiting to be written off if ever I hit a really good win. Didn't get anything from the Second Chance drawings, either, and I had a few thousand points (took forever to enter those bloody tickets too). I really wish the Lottery would give up some stats on those drawings. It'd be nice to know what our odds were of actually receiving anything.

I also found that my regular stores had been bought out of $200MS tickets and couldn't get restocked. I'm gonna go to my favorite location and ask them to regularly call the warehouse to get books other stores send back. But, you're absolutely right, these tickets are going to become scarce. I'm on a break right now following my rather disastrous run at the 100X and Shimmering 7's tickets, but late next week I'll track down a bunch of $200MS and probably grab some Super Millions. Hopefully I'll have images of good hits to follow.

Page 140 of 352