Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Florida Scratch Offs - Post Pictures if posible

5307 replies. Last post 11 hours ago by speeddmon.

Page 139 of 354
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #162133
December 23, 2014
143 Posts
Posted: October 17, 2015, 8:17 pm - IP Logged

Lost another 20.00 today.  Bought 7 of The Price Is Right (had a 10.00 winner from yesterday), tickets 030-036.  030 gave me a single match for 10.00 and 033 gave me a 'bill' for 5.00.  Kinda sucky.  Hope you guys can to better tonight, or tomorrow...

United States
    Member #162133
    December 23, 2014
    143 Posts
    Posted: October 18, 2015, 12:04 pm - IP Logged

And the joy continues.  Seven of the old High Rollers, #027-033.  29 and 30 each gave me a single match for $5.00.  Sigh...

Florida
      United States
      Member #167757
      July 29, 2015
      363 Posts
      Posted: October 18, 2015, 1:12 pm - IP Logged

Don't feel too back chdicki. I went through another half of a roll of 100X tickets yesterday and it was positively awful. A few low-dollar winners and a ton of duds. Must've paid off on the other half.

FLORIDA
        United States
        Member #127998
        May 14, 2012
        404 Posts
        Posted: October 18, 2015, 2:02 pm - IP Logged

Its seems as if complete rolls of tickets are low dollar winners in my area of Jax

biggest hit 10k, Jubilee, 5K Miami Heat, 2K Emerald 8s, 1k jubilee, 1k GRT, 1k heat wave, multiple 500's

good luck in the chase 2013 wins, maybe 4 500's

FLORIDA
          United States
          Member #127998
          May 14, 2012
          404 Posts
          Posted: October 18, 2015, 2:04 pm - IP Logged

This is another game i question, how can a $5 game still be on the street since May 2011, all i ever get is a bunch of duds or replacement ticket winners.

biggest hit 10k, Jubilee, 5K Miami Heat, 2K Emerald 8s, 1k jubilee, 1k GRT, 1k heat wave, multiple 500's

United States
            Member #169356
            October 13, 2015
            18 Posts
            Posted: October 19, 2015, 3:54 pm - IP Logged

5 100X The Cash tickets 15-19

15- $25

16- Loser

17-Loser

18- $40

19- $30

:(

FL
              United States
              Member #168858
              September 20, 2015
              131 Posts
              Posted: October 19, 2015, 5:42 pm - IP Logged

5 100X The Cash tickets 15-19

15- $25

16- Loser

17-Loser

18- $40

19- $30

:(

Seems not too terrible though?

FL
                United States
                Member #168858
                September 20, 2015
                131 Posts
                Posted: October 19, 2015, 5:46 pm - IP Logged

Although this issue has been discussed before, I'll give my final two cents.  I've done a lot of research on the 100X game (ordered instant liability reports, spoke with lotto reps at the HQ, and ordered serial numbers on top prizes).  Basically, the print run consisted of approximately 911,000 books.  Because the books are not 100% sequential and do not always start at 1, the total print book serial number goes to about 1,070,000.  Prizes for about 900,000 worth of books have been claimed.  There are about 160 books still in circulation (this includes activated and nonactivated books).  There is a $1M prize winner approximately every 16,666 books and there is a $5M prize winner approximately every 150,000 books. 

There is a total of 1 unclaimed $5M prize and 6 unclaimed $1M prizes.  It is possible, but extremely unlikely, that the $5M prize or a $1M prize is among the 160 books left.  About 11,000 books were either cancelled, not released, returned, destroyed, etc but they will never be in circulation and neither will their prizes.  That 11,000 books probably accounts for one of the unclaimed $1M prizes. 

Bottom line, there is a chance but a small one.  A lot of single match prizes went unclaimed at every prize level.  Basically, people did not check their tickets carefully and they threw away winners...some of them were million dollar winners.

RE: this statement:

"About 11,000 books were either cancelled, not released, returned, destroyed, etc but they will never be in circulation and neither will their prizes.  That 11,000 books probably accounts for one of the unclaimed $1M prizes."

Would the FL Lottery actually destroy 100X books (eg, a game that is currently still active and has not yet officially been ended)?  Or were you not referring to the FL Lottery doing this?

Also, under what circumstances would the FL Lottery cancel, not release, or destroy books, for a ticket that has not yet officially ended?

Florida
                  United States
                  Member #167757
                  July 29, 2015
                  363 Posts
                  Posted: October 19, 2015, 6:14 pm - IP Logged

RE: this statement:

"About 11,000 books were either cancelled, not released, returned, destroyed, etc but they will never be in circulation and neither will their prizes.  That 11,000 books probably accounts for one of the unclaimed $1M prizes."

Would the FL Lottery actually destroy 100X books (eg, a game that is currently still active and has not yet officially been ended)?  Or were you not referring to the FL Lottery doing this?

Also, under what circumstances would the FL Lottery cancel, not release, or destroy books, for a ticket that has not yet officially ended?

One instance in which a book might be destroyed is if it's returned to the Lottery having already been opened. They don't send books like that back out to other retailers. I imagine the same would be the case with any damaged books, books that are suspected of somehow being tampered with, and books from a store that's under investigation. These sorts of things. Moreover, any remaining books would be destroyed at the end of a game, of course, but that's not the case with 100X.

I think the mostly likely issue with the remaining top prizes is that most of them (if not all) were thrown away by people who bought tickets and didn't inspect them closely enough. The top prizes on 100X are all won with single-number matches, and with 25 numbers on the ticket (not including the "winning numbers" row) it can be very difficult to see just one. I've missed them myself, which is why I have a system of checks before I call any ticket surely lost. This issue is part of why the newer tickets include the possibility of winning a top prize with a much-easier-to-see symbol, such as the coin that represents a single space win on Florida Cash.

Of the supposed remaining prizes on 100X, it seems likely there's at least one $1M winner left out there. The books will all be gone soon, so, we'll know before long.

FLORIDA
                    United States
                    Member #127998
                    May 14, 2012
                    404 Posts
                    Posted: October 19, 2015, 7:49 pm - IP Logged

In my mind absolutely fl lottery would destroy or get rid of winning books, how does 11000 books never make into circulation, if you look at each ticket, it clearly states that the winning or top prizes may be unavailable at the time of purchase due to xxxxxx.  yes they pulled a game off the shelf with 54 1 million dollar prizes remaining/ so i put nothing past them.  I cant even get a winners report based on zip code from them anymore. I dont think a 100x winner will be had, it will just fade away with all the junk tickets sold.

FL
                      United States
                      Member #168858
                      September 20, 2015
                      131 Posts
                      Posted: October 19, 2015, 8:46 pm - IP Logged

In my mind absolutely fl lottery would destroy or get rid of winning books, how does 11000 books never make into circulation, if you look at each ticket, it clearly states that the winning or top prizes may be unavailable at the time of purchase due to xxxxxx.  yes they pulled a game off the shelf with 54 1 million dollar prizes remaining/ so i put nothing past them.  I cant even get a winners report based on zip code from them anymore. I dont think a 100x winner will be had, it will just fade away with all the junk tickets sold.

But, the FL Lottery technically does not know which tickets are winners.  Only the ticket manufacturer/vendor knows this, is that not correct?

Jacksonville
                        United States
                        Member #153806
                        March 26, 2014
                        346 Posts
                        Posted: October 19, 2015, 9:13 pm - IP Logged

Mr. Gray's statement is correct on the destruction or deactivation of the books.  Remember, places like Publix move old rolls out quickly when new games come in.  11,000 rolls is not that many when you consider that there are 18,000+ retailers who sell lotto tickets.  If just half of them sent back in partial rolls when a new game came out ($25 Florida Cash), that accounts for most of the deactivated rolls.

I am still buying the 100X when I find them, but the odds are fairly low that there are any big prizes left.  Technically, there are about 100 books left.  The odds of winning a $1,000 is about 1 in 32 books.  So technically, at best there are maybe three $1,000 prizes left and a handful of $500s, $400s, etc.  It is possible there is a big one left and that is why we all keep buying them.  I'm just not going to get my hopes up.

SARASOTA, FL
                          United States
                          Member #95778
                          August 17, 2010
                          1093 Posts
                          Posted: October 20, 2015, 4:27 pm - IP Logged

emailed Florida Lottery to find out what places in and around Tampa have 100X tickets and also near me in Sarasota. Can't copy and paste results for some reason but here it is:

Tampa area - 14 places with 17 books.

Sarasota area - 3 stores with 3 books.

wins: $10,000 Jubilee - $5,000 $200MS - 31 $1k's - 185 $500's - 5 $400's

" ... some days you're the bug - some days you're the windshield ..."

North port
                            United States
                            Member #168551
                            September 6, 2015
                            34 Posts
                            Posted: October 20, 2015, 5:35 pm - IP Logged

2 fl  multiplier losets  6 50x looser back to back

Lucki723's avatar - Lottery-011.jpg
                              Florida
                              United States
                              Member #62713
                              July 6, 2008
                              3715 Posts
                              Posted: October 20, 2015, 5:42 pm - IP Logged

So basically the lottery just admitted they pick and choose who they send books to, and they can even recall books from stores and resend them out to 'popular' locations. As for Food & Lotto, they know what they are doing - exactly the same thing Mr Gray is: trying to find that elusive book with the jackpot. They get a nice commission after all. The books are most likely all going to one customer... and you wonder why some people win $1K+ amounts so many times... If there is any strategy or secret to scratch offs this is it.

"If there is any strategy or secret to scratch offs this is it."

I Agree!

Keep moving Forward.

Page 139 of 354