Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Florida Scratch Offs - Post Pictures if posible

5241 replies. Last post 1 hour ago by skeptic.

Page 241 of 350
PrintE-mailLink
Florida
United States
Member #172872
February 7, 2016
597 Posts
Posted: June 28, 2016, 1:00 am - IP Logged

Oh I don't think we can make that logical jump. Just wanted to toss in any extra information I could find to the effort.

Knowing that Adam's ticket on the Holiday game was in the high range and AK and other places still have books in the low range - winner 21 on 50x could have been the first prize in the entire game for all we know. A book that'd been recently found or something.

That's a very good point Ghost. Jackpots can be hit outside of chronological print order. That last 50X jackpot hit could very well be an earlier book number. 

I mean, hey...I scratched a book of $10 Holiday Gifts in the 17k number a week ago. That's pretty darn early in the print cycle.

Florida
    United States
    Member #171925
    January 13, 2016
    316 Posts
    Posted: June 28, 2016, 1:00 am - IP Logged

If it could be proven.. somehow.. that all 3...or even 2... jackpots were still out there, Id go after them big time...  There is just so much unknown though..   =/

I agree that we have too many unknowns. I really think we should do what the NY guy did and start lobbying Florida state congressmen and state senators to enact a law requiring FL Lotto to disclose when books are destroyed with winning grand prizes, or better yet not at all. There's 120 congressmen and 40 senators. One of them is bound to be bothered by it and pick up the fight. Starting with Frank Artiles, R-Miami, who looks to be the one who introduced the bill to limit tickets to a max of $10.

Cape Coral
      United States
      Member #173988
      March 28, 2016
      213 Posts
      Posted: June 28, 2016, 1:02 am - IP Logged

If that area wasnt so far away, I would have probably taken a huge chunk out of the remaining books. But that is 6+/- hours away from me. I may have a day around the weekend of the 8th to take a trip up there...  If we get to that time and nothing changes with the jackpots remaining on 50x and 200ms, I might just bite the bullet and buy out BOTH games from AK.....

Florida
        United States
        Member #172872
        February 7, 2016
        597 Posts
        Posted: June 28, 2016, 1:08 am - IP Logged

If that area wasnt so far away, I would have probably taken a huge chunk out of the remaining books. But that is 6+/- hours away from me. I may have a day around the weekend of the 8th to take a trip up there...  If we get to that time and nothing changes with the jackpots remaining on 50x and 200ms, I might just bite the bullet and buy out BOTH games from AK.....

You should call AK Kwik. They are able to get HUGE supply of books. Something tells me they can probably get their lottery rep to pick up more 50X/200MS, if you call and express that interest for buying them out. 

They can tell you the number of books they currently have, and they can probably get more books for you so you can pickup a big lot. They are good about getting books of discontinued games.

Cape Coral
          United States
          Member #173988
          March 28, 2016
          213 Posts
          Posted: June 28, 2016, 1:12 am - IP Logged

You should call AK Kwik. They are able to get HUGE supply of books. Something tells me they can probably get their lottery rep to pick up more 50X/200MS, if you call and express that interest for buying them out. 

They can tell you the number of books they currently have, and they can probably get more books for you so you can pickup a big lot. They are good about getting books of discontinued games.

I have to think this is because they are so close to the Lottery Headquarters. Also, the fact that they can get all of these books, while no one else can, is somewhat concerning.  What if the Headquarters has pulled 100k books from around the state and they are just funneling them into that 1 store?  I mean, 20-30 books is one thing, but If they literally had 100k books of say,  50x at their disposal, what would be the point?

Florida
            United States
            Member #171925
            January 13, 2016
            316 Posts
            Posted: June 28, 2016, 1:22 am - IP Logged

Orlando is only 2 hours or so away from Gainesville isn't it? Wouldn't it be easiest to take a short break while in Orlando to drive up there and back?

Cape Coral
              United States
              Member #173988
              March 28, 2016
              213 Posts
              Posted: June 28, 2016, 1:38 am - IP Logged

Orlando is only 2 hours or so away from Gainesville isn't it? Wouldn't it be easiest to take a short break while in Orlando to drive up there and back?

Holy crap. I didnt even think of that.... I didnt realise it was so close!  hhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmm

United States
                Member #175359
                June 12, 2016
                101 Posts
                Posted: June 28, 2016, 1:39 am - IP Logged

There are 9 FL lotto districts -  Orlando, Tampa, Fort Myers, West Palm Beach, Pensacola, Tallahassee, Jacksonville, Gainesville and Miami.

I am not sure whether all the districts are covered for checking 200MS game availability. 

Pensacola, Tampa, Fort Myers, Miami don't have anything as of now. Gainesville has AK shop. 

How about Jacksonville, West Palm Beach, Orlando and Tallahassee districts. Any one has any list for 200 MS game?

Florida
                  United States
                  Member #172872
                  February 7, 2016
                  597 Posts
                  Posted: June 28, 2016, 1:41 am - IP Logged

I have to think this is because they are so close to the Lottery Headquarters. Also, the fact that they can get all of these books, while no one else can, is somewhat concerning.  What if the Headquarters has pulled 100k books from around the state and they are just funneling them into that 1 store?  I mean, 20-30 books is one thing, but If they literally had 100k books of say,  50x at their disposal, what would be the point?

There definitely aren't 100k 50X books remaining. The last instant liability report showed a significantly lower number than that. 

They have such a large number of books in general because AK Kwik is a huge lottery store. They carry large amounts of books of everything, and their district rep is probably able to pull strings to get them books because they know there's demand there.

Florida
                    United States
                    Member #172872
                    February 7, 2016
                    597 Posts
                    Posted: June 28, 2016, 1:43 am - IP Logged

There are 9 FL lotto districts -  Orlando, Tampa, Fort Myers, West Palm Beach, Pensacola, Tallahassee, Jacksonville, Gainesville and Miami.

I am not sure whether all the districts are covered for checking 200MS game availability. 

Pensacola, Tampa, Fort Myers, Miami don't have anything as of now. Gainesville has AK shop. 

How about Jacksonville, West Palm Beach, Orlando and Tallahassee districts. Any one has any list for 200 MS game?

The thing that sucks is they want you to email each district office to get those lists for where games are "in stock" in surrounding areas, or their communications team (potentially for a fee). For games like 200MS/50X The Cash, you should call to prevent wasting time because most likely when you arrive they'll say "Wha...?" "Oh, we haven't had that game in ______ months/years". 

I have the list of all places with 200MS in the Jacksonville/St. Augustine area. I called/visited, and was able to only find 1 book in those cities/surrounding areas. I don't know if anyone had luck finding them in the Orlando area. I remember MrGray posted some lists, and I think we had a LP member go around searching for 200MS in the Orlando area.

Cape Coral
                      United States
                      Member #173988
                      March 28, 2016
                      213 Posts
                      Posted: June 28, 2016, 1:57 am - IP Logged

I am so dumb. All this time you guys are talking about AK Kwik, and im thinking you are saying its in Tallahassee.... But its in Gainesville.  Much closer then I thought...

Florida
                        United States
                        Member #172872
                        February 7, 2016
                        597 Posts
                        Posted: June 28, 2016, 2:04 am - IP Logged

Haha, it is an easy mistake. You live further down south, and many of us live in North FL.

But yeah, the drive from Orlando to Gainesville isn't bad. Wait until you see AK Kwik, you will be impressed. Check the previous page or two to see that image I posted showing how many games they have going at once. The place literally has a better collection than a district office. Smile

Cape Coral
                          United States
                          Member #173988
                          March 28, 2016
                          213 Posts
                          Posted: June 28, 2016, 2:07 am - IP Logged

So whats the consensus............... If I go to AK Kwik and buy them out of 50x cash...

1. How much do you think it will cost me?
                          2. What would you honestly expect as a return?

I know that both are major guestimates.  Lets make it easier... Lets say there is no jackpot found.  What do you think those answers would be?

Florida
                            United States
                            Member #172872
                            February 7, 2016
                            597 Posts
                            Posted: June 28, 2016, 2:17 am - IP Logged

So whats the consensus............... If I go to AK Kwik and buy them out of 50x cash...

I know that both are major guestimates.  Lets make it easier... Lets say there is no jackpot found.  What do you think those answers would be?

Assuming no jackpots, OR claim tickets are found...I'd expect a 65-70% return. There will be some garbage books that might offer a $200 return, but you will also likely find books offering a higher payout than the cost to balance out that average. 

20 books = $12k. That means you could only get 9k back. The chances of hitting $1k on 50X The Cash is 1 in 5000, and 20 books = 1.2k tickets. However, I'm not factoring in the instant liability report or the potential "remaining" prizes here. The chances of hitting a jackpot may be much better than the advertised game odds due to how small the supply is. I believe they AK Kwik had 20 books of 50X The Cash (Jacksonville district office which is 1 hr and half from Gville had 10 as well).

If you buyout 200MS also, that would cost about between $6k and $12k. AK Kwik might have closer to 20 books, and there's a couple other food stores in Gaineville with 200MS books. Most of the 200MS books in Florida are in North FL, so if you were seriously considering buying out that game it would be worthwhile to have a list of stores to call up before hand so you can know with certainty you're snagging them all. They probably also have about 10-15 books of $200 MS remaining. The odds for 200MS look so good on paper, and we haven't seen a single 5k or 10k hit from anyone on our forum.

Anyway, I'm off to bed. Night!

Florida
                              United States
                              Member #171925
                              January 13, 2016
                              316 Posts
                              Posted: June 28, 2016, 5:29 am - IP Logged

My expectations are not as hopeful as what Dracos predicted.

Assuming 20 books so $12k spent initially. I'd bet ~ 50% return. So $6k out if no winners over $500.

But, given your earlier comment about 39 cents off per $1 makes original outlay essentially around $7,320 (this is counting every dollar spent, even though not every dollar will be a loss) with ~ 50% return, so $1,320 lost if nothing over $500 won.

Oh, and around $30 for gas.

Page 241 of 350