Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 5:18 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Florida Scratch Offs - Post Pictures if posible

5239 replies. Last post 5 hours ago by Falster.

Page 247 of 350
PrintE-mailLink
Florida
United States
Member #172872
February 7, 2016
597 Posts
Posted: July 1, 2016, 7:34 pm - IP Logged

South Florida again. Figures.

South FL? You don't say... 

My job requires that I travel in that region for a number of weeks. Maybe I should buy some scratchoffs when I'm in South FL. =p 

@ Gators - Agreed. They seem to be able to update the $1, $2, and $5 tickets relatively regularly. It takes months for them to update the $20+ tickets. FL Cash probably only has 5 $1 million prizes remaining.

Florida
    United States
    Member #151010
    January 5, 2014
    196 Posts
    Posted: July 2, 2016, 1:37 am - IP Logged

This is a good sign. Might be more evidence that the odds we saw on the new Monopoly tickets are going to be someone better than the $25 tickets. 

So what's the latest on 50X and 200MS? This might be the last big push in case the lottery picks some of them up when they deliver the new games?

Florida
      United States
      Member #167757
      July 29, 2015
      355 Posts
      Posted: July 2, 2016, 8:44 am - IP Logged

This is a good sign. Might be more evidence that the odds we saw on the new Monopoly tickets are going to be someone better than the $25 tickets. 

So what's the latest on 50X and 200MS? This might be the last big push in case the lottery picks some of them up when they deliver the new games?

I'm done with both games. I've been through numerous books of $200MS and several of 50X and not seen anything above $100 on a single ticket. The $20 Flamingo Multiplier has been a far better ticket for me. I'll play the odd one of those until Tuesday when Monopoly comes out and then let that $20 ticket take a few bites out of me. Power 8's are still virtually nowhere. I forgot to ask for a list of those. Might be worth a few purchases where found.

Florida
        United States
        Member #171925
        January 13, 2016
        316 Posts
        Posted: July 2, 2016, 8:49 am - IP Logged

I'm done with both games. I've been through numerous books of $200MS and several of 50X and not seen anything above $100 on a single ticket. The $20 Flamingo Multiplier has been a far better ticket for me. I'll play the odd one of those until Tuesday when Monopoly comes out and then let that $20 ticket take a few bites out of me. Power 8's are still virtually nowhere. I forgot to ask for a list of those. Might be worth a few purchases where found.

I'm not a fan of 200MS. It's been around for so long and only supposedly has 2 prizes left. The odds of that actually being 0 I think is too high. Also, nowhere around here.

I think at least 1 50x prize is left, I think someone should snag that low number book from AK if they're looking to get a book.

Power 8s one place had around here, out now.

Florida
          United States
          Member #167757
          July 29, 2015
          355 Posts
          Posted: July 2, 2016, 9:04 am - IP Logged

I'm not a fan of 200MS. It's been around for so long and only supposedly has 2 prizes left. The odds of that actually being 0 I think is too high. Also, nowhere around here.

I think at least 1 50x prize is left, I think someone should snag that low number book from AK if they're looking to get a book.

Power 8s one place had around here, out now.

That low-numbered book was tempting for me. But, here's how that plays: A) Adam buys it, and it's got a jackpot (Banana), or B) I buy it, the $600 book returns $205 and I wasted four hours of driving (Thud). I'd rather have Adam hit another win.

United States
            Member #175371
            June 13, 2016
            200 Posts
            Posted: July 2, 2016, 9:31 am - IP Logged

That low-numbered book was tempting for me. But, here's how that plays: A) Adam buys it, and it's got a jackpot (Banana), or B) I buy it, the $600 book returns $205 and I wasted four hours of driving (Thud). I'd rather have Adam hit another win.

haha ... I hear you ... my corner store (where I rarely play) it doesn't matter if I buy a ticket a day or 20 in a row never pays for me  ... "losingest" tickets ever for me .... others do VERY well there  WoF $500 on Sun and Mon to same guy  $5k $10K etc. tickets covering the walls ... oh well so much for holding out till Monday and the new Monopoly Games *sigh*

Florida
              United States
              Member #151010
              January 5, 2014
              196 Posts
              Posted: July 2, 2016, 11:15 am - IP Logged

LOL, I feel exactly the same way. 

I've got to go up that way today because the barber that knows how to cut hair decently I go to is just down the street from AK. But don't worry, I won't be buying any books soon. Not until there is a definite confirmation of where in the rolls the Jackpot winners won.

Florida
                United States
                Member #172872
                February 7, 2016
                597 Posts
                Posted: July 2, 2016, 12:41 pm - IP Logged

@ MrGray - I hear you. I think holding off until the Monopoly games is the best thing to do. They haven't changed any of the posted odds, making me think that they are accurate. We'll see on Tuesday. If the odds for the $20 ticket remain, it will be the only scratchoff game I'll be playing.  I'm done touching 50X The Cash, and 200MS as well.  I find it interesting that the $20 Flamingo has treated you well considering how horrible the odds are to hit anything over $100 on that game. The new $20 Monopoly should be superior in virtually every prize category if the tentative odds remain. 

@Oldghost - I agree, I'm not a fan of 200MS either. It does have better odds (according to the website) than most other $10 games, however, the age of the ticket leaves room to questions about whether those two jackpots remaining are accurate. I'm surprised Power 8's are so scarce, considering it isn't that old. It came out in 2014, right? Escape to Margaritaville is far more common, and even older I believe. 

@ Jasefan - That's how it works man. I've had similar luck at a food store right next to me. There was one time where I bought just 1 $25 Florida Cash, and hit $400. For corner stores, a one and done or maybe two of each ticket you get is probably the way to go. Most people that play at the ones where I lived would only buy one ticket, with minimal chasing. I always get burned chasing, and I think setting an absolute rule of 2 from a roll sometimes might be best (unless it is a $5 or under ticket). After encountering 8 $25 ticket duds in a row multiple times, I think it is safe to say rolls that have that many duds in a row are either high revenue generating (with mostly minimal payout wins), or had a bigger hit of ($500+ much more unlikely). I've finally learned not to chase beyond 2 because of this. 

@ Zzplay - Smart man. I agree buying books wouldn't be wise unless we had further information. 

Wishing you all the best of luck if any of you are scratching, and hope you all have a great 4th!

United States
                  Member #169896
                  November 5, 2015
                  10 Posts
                  Posted: July 2, 2016, 2:20 pm - IP Logged

@ MrGray - I hear you. I think holding off until the Monopoly games is the best thing to do. They haven't changed any of the posted odds, making me think that they are accurate. We'll see on Tuesday. If the odds for the $20 ticket remain, it will be the only scratchoff game I'll be playing.  I'm done touching 50X The Cash, and 200MS as well.  I find it interesting that the $20 Flamingo has treated you well considering how horrible the odds are to hit anything over $100 on that game. The new $20 Monopoly should be superior in virtually every prize category if the tentative odds remain. 

@Oldghost - I agree, I'm not a fan of 200MS either. It does have better odds (according to the website) than most other $10 games, however, the age of the ticket leaves room to questions about whether those two jackpots remaining are accurate. I'm surprised Power 8's are so scarce, considering it isn't that old. It came out in 2014, right? Escape to Margaritaville is far more common, and even older I believe. 

@ Jasefan - That's how it works man. I've had similar luck at a food store right next to me. There was one time where I bought just 1 $25 Florida Cash, and hit $400. For corner stores, a one and done or maybe two of each ticket you get is probably the way to go. Most people that play at the ones where I lived would only buy one ticket, with minimal chasing. I always get burned chasing, and I think setting an absolute rule of 2 from a roll sometimes might be best (unless it is a $5 or under ticket). After encountering 8 $25 ticket duds in a row multiple times, I think it is safe to say rolls that have that many duds in a row are either high revenue generating (with mostly minimal payout wins), or had a bigger hit of ($500+ much more unlikely). I've finally learned not to chase beyond 2 because of this. 

@ Zzplay - Smart man. I agree buying books wouldn't be wise unless we had further information. 

Wishing you all the best of luck if any of you are scratching, and hope you all have a great 4th!

Dracos,

The emergency rules for the new games have been posted. The dream of the great odds appear to be short lived.... and comparable or worse than the other $20 games out. If I'm reading them correctly, the odds for a $500 win are about 1 in 2,857, not 1 in 171. LOL! What a joke.

FL
                    United States
                    Member #168858
                    September 20, 2015
                    131 Posts
                    Posted: July 2, 2016, 2:35 pm - IP Logged

Dracos,

The emergency rules for the new games have been posted. The dream of the great odds appear to be short lived.... and comparable or worse than the other $20 games out. If I'm reading them correctly, the odds for a $500 win are about 1 in 2,857, not 1 in 171. LOL! What a joke.

Well that's not good news if it turns out to actually be the case.  I was looking forward to the good odds...

Info page on $20 Monopoly still has the same odds though and hasn't appeared to have changed: 

http://www.flalottery.com/scratch-offsGameDetails?gameNumber=1313

Florida
                      United States
                      Member #171925
                      January 13, 2016
                      316 Posts
                      Posted: July 2, 2016, 2:59 pm - IP Logged

Dracos,

I'm not seeing the rules posted on here. Where are you seeing them? (Keep in mind as a new member you probably can't post a direct link).

EDIT:

I found them. Doing the math now.

Florida
                        United States
                        Member #172872
                        February 7, 2016
                        597 Posts
                        Posted: July 2, 2016, 3:01 pm - IP Logged

I'm not seeing the rules posted on here. Where are you seeing them? (Keep in mind as a new member you probably can't post a direct link).

EDIT:

https://www.flrules.org/notice/QuickResult.asp?P0=Stat_FAW_All&P1=0&P2=176&page=3 

There. I looked at the $20 Monopoly, and $5 Monopoly games. I'm not impressed, looks like a rebranding of the Flamingo games.

Edit: Ah, cool. Let us know what you calculate. =)

Florida
                          United States
                          Member #171925
                          January 13, 2016
                          316 Posts
                          Posted: July 2, 2016, 3:13 pm - IP Logged

EDIT:

So with the posted odds on FL website:

The odds for 1MM and 100k should be the same (1 in 1,140,000) and everything moves down 1. So:

20k & 10k are 1 in 60,000

5k is 1 in 40,000

1k is 1 in 3243.24

Etc etc on down the list. Though $20 win is still 1 in 6.

Florida
                            United States
                            Member #172872
                            February 7, 2016
                            597 Posts
                            Posted: July 2, 2016, 3:22 pm - IP Logged

So with the posted odds on FL website:

The odds for 1MM and 100k should be the same (1 in 1,140,000) and everything moves down 1. So:

20k & 10k are 1 in 60,000

5k is 1 in 40,000

1k is 1 in 3243.24

Etc etc on down the list. Though $20 win is still 1 in 6.

In other words, a new $20 flamingo? =p  (With worse odds on $5k, and $1k hits?)

Then again, this ticket has a $10k prize which the Flamingo doesn't have.

Florida
                              United States
                              Member #171925
                              January 13, 2016
                              316 Posts
                              Posted: July 2, 2016, 3:29 pm - IP Logged

In other words, a new $20 flamingo? =p  (With worse odds on $5k, and $1k hits?)

Then again, this ticket has a $10k prize which the Flamingo doesn't have.

For the most part. Hard to compare as the prize levels are different. Flamingo has a 150 and 400 prize, Mono doesn't. But overall, yah worse odds  it looks like once you get to $100 and up.

Page 247 of 350