Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 2:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Florida Scratch Offs - Post Pictures if posible

5305 replies. Last post 12 hours ago by speeddmon.

Page 251 of 354
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #175371
June 13, 2016
212 Posts
Posted: July 5, 2016, 9:02 am - IP Logged

What time do the tickets usually get put up/out for sale at the convenience stores? My Publix never has them out till after 3pm

Florida
    United States
    Member #171925
    January 13, 2016
    316 Posts
    Posted: July 5, 2016, 10:26 am - IP Logged

What time do the tickets usually get put up/out for sale at the convenience stores? My Publix never has them out till after 3pm

Depends on two things:

When UPS gets there.

When they decide to do it after UPS delivers them.

If they're not up, ask. Publix varies. One Publix around here doesn't bother till Wednesday. Another one puts them up as soon as they have time.

United States
      Member #159617
      October 2, 2014
      246 Posts
      Posted: July 5, 2016, 1:24 pm - IP Logged

Bought 3 $20 new Monopoly  tickets all losers #0 #1 #2  I'm sure there some winners out there. You would think they could at least put a $20 winner in the first couple tickets off the row.

United States
        Member #159617
        October 2, 2014
        246 Posts
        Posted: July 5, 2016, 1:24 pm - IP Logged

Roll**

United States
          Member #167585
          July 21, 2015
          55 Posts
          Posted: July 5, 2016, 3:42 pm - IP Logged

Oldghost is correct about the exact calculation of the numbers.  For example, the $200MS is due for a top prize every 25,000 rolls (1,500,000 odds divided by 60 tickets to a roll).  However, in order to avoid predictability, the lottery does two things:

1. The rolls are sequentially numbered but not all roll numbers are used.  That is why the $200MS print run goes to 557,000+ rolls despite the fact that only 509,756 rolls were printed.  As a side note, they printed an extra 9,756 rolls for the $200MS.  They sometimes skip roll numbers such as the following roll sequence: 100,000, 100,001, 100,050, 100,051, 100,052, 100,055, etc. or there are large gaps when the game is reordered.  In any event, this adds a little bit of unpredictability because there will not be exactly 25,000 rolls between winners since some of the numbers are skipped which stretches it out a bit.
          2. The top prizes may be one in every 1,500,000 tickets but that is an average.  Many times, the lottery may release a top prize after about 1,000,000 tickets and then the next top prize may take 2,000,000 tickets.  Overall the average remains the same (1 in 1,500,000) but if they release one prize sooner than its stated odds, they will likely release another top prize later than its stated odds.  I've seen this in the $200K L4L and the old $20 Monopoly - the overall average remains about the same, the variance is in early release of a top prize vs later release of a top prize.  So if you see top prizes hit very closely together, it may be awhile until another is hit or visa versa. 

3.  Lotteries also are allowed a +2%/-2% of the stated odds to also throw off predictability, however I will tell you they are very predictable almost to a point if you had a reliable way to track down the books in predicted ranges and had the time I would guarentee you a win with a 15%-20% error margin (in the perspective range especially off the front of the print).  If the Florida Lottery is not stating this they probably should, because it's pretty default in Lotteries.  It's funny, because the HL sends out the overage books at the start of the game which just causes more "bad" rolls to be in play.

Print Quantities

Source:  https://www.hoosierlottery.com/media/6957309/2162__150_000_000_extravaganza_admin_rules.pdf

United States
            Member #175371
            June 13, 2016
            212 Posts
            Posted: July 5, 2016, 3:48 pm - IP Logged

UPS was late and told us he had been getting yelled at for not getting tickets to stores sooner ... hah ... waited to be unwrapped and activated .. line formed quickly

United States
              Member #175371
              June 13, 2016
              212 Posts
              Posted: July 5, 2016, 3:56 pm - IP Logged

FL
                United States
                Member #168858
                September 20, 2015
                131 Posts
                Posted: July 5, 2016, 7:11 pm - IP Logged

Oldghost, it appears they acted on your email.  The informational page on 1313 ($20 Monopoly) has been adjusted to reflect correct odds.

United States
                  Member #175359
                  June 12, 2016
                  101 Posts
                  Posted: July 5, 2016, 7:23 pm - IP Logged

I played 1 full book of 200MS today and got $355 back!!! Is it below or above or at usual return level??? This is roll no. 548441...I am not sure whether it's in the range that we were discussing few days back??

Florida
                    United States
                    Member #151010
                    January 5, 2014
                    199 Posts
                    Posted: July 5, 2016, 8:18 pm - IP Logged

It's towards the back (557K is what is believed to be the end). I'd think it would be in the earlier rolls (somewhere in the 540s), but others here who have ran the numbers probably know more on this. $355 isn't too bad. It could be worse ($205)

Florida
                      United States
                      Member #151010
                      January 5, 2014
                      199 Posts
                      Posted: July 5, 2016, 8:41 pm - IP Logged

3.  Lotteries also are allowed a +2%/-2% of the stated odds to also throw off predictability, however I will tell you they are very predictable almost to a point if you had a reliable way to track down the books in predicted ranges and had the time I would guarentee you a win with a 15%-20% error margin (in the perspective range especially off the front of the print).  If the Florida Lottery is not stating this they probably should, because it's pretty default in Lotteries.  It's funny, because the HL sends out the overage books at the start of the game which just causes more "bad" rolls to be in play.

Print Quantities

Source:  https://www.hoosierlottery.com/media/6957309/2162__150_000_000_extravaganza_admin_rules.pdf

I saw your other detailed analysis post Zeb, very interesting. So I have a question.

We have a guy here (EMTAdam) that managed to beat the odds and won 2 Jackpots ($2M and $250K). In FL, we have 2 major games near the end of their run, both $10 games (50X the Cash) and ($200 Million Spectacular).

The 200MS game has run for what seems like forever and was projected to last 10 years. There were a total of 20 Grand Prizes of $1 Million. The bulk of those were won in the first 5 years. There's supposedly 2 Grand Prizes left in this game. Gatorsrok was able to get the FL Lottery to give him the winning roll information on Jackpot winners 17 (around 493K) and 18 (519K). The odds are around 1 in 1,500,000 and approximately 30,000,000 tickets were printed so on average there would be a jackpot winner around every 25,000. The game is in very short supply and we suspect there may be as few as 50-60 Active/Received books for sale in the entire state with the vast bulk of these books residing in the North Central FL area (Gainesville, Daytona, etc). The game is virtually unavailable in all of Florida south of State Road 70 going all the way to the Keys, and beyond Panama City in the Panhandle. Of these remaining books, most appear to be in the range of where a jackpot would be found (we're assuming none of the previous winners won on a roll higher than 519K). Without knowing the roll information of the rest of the winners, I'm not sure the other jackpot is still there, but it's possible. Although this game is supposedly unorderable, there are shops such as AK in Gainesville that through reps they are able to get more books. So I'm a little concerned if we have all the books in the market that were going to get for this game. Now my question is this. We have someone that can now practically buy out the game and the geography they'd have to cover is not too bad to do it. Is it worth it? And do you think a jackpot is hiding in one of these remaining rolls?

In the 50X game, there are supposedly 3 Jackpot winners remaining. This one is a little more iffy. The FL Lottery facebook page had tickets posted of winners of the 20th (591K), 17th (516K), and 16th Jackpots (491K). There are a total of 24 Jackpots in this game and the rolls appear to go up to 625K, and based on the odds in this game, the two jackpots for the 18th and 19th winners would fit comfortably in between 516K and 591K. I don't have the information for the 21st winner, but if he won on a book above 591K I'm thinking the rest of rolls are junk. Like 200MS the supply of this game is dwindling, probably down to less than 100 books statewide. Again, the vast supply of these books are in North Central Florida and most are roll numbers in the 500K, 600K range or higher. Last week I went to a store in Gainesville that has 36 books of 50X the Cash! Most of their books also fall in this range, but oddly enough they just got an order on the 6/21 of a book with what has to be the lowest roll number remaining (19K) and also had one at (46K) and a few in the 300K range. We don't know as much on this game as we do on 200MS, but if someone can buy out this game, should they, or should they get the winning roll information first? That super-low roll numbers really tempted me, but I've held off.

United States
                        Member #175371
                        June 13, 2016
                        212 Posts
                        Posted: July 5, 2016, 8:45 pm - IP Logged

I am SHOCKED that ppl have not bought the 19k and 46k ... you take big gambles on all the other books and always say games paid out better back then ... sounds like a no-brainer to me

Cape Coral
                          United States
                          Member #173988
                          March 28, 2016
                          216 Posts
                          Posted: July 5, 2016, 11:23 pm - IP Logged

I saw your other detailed analysis post Zeb, very interesting. So I have a question.

We have a guy here (EMTAdam) that managed to beat the odds and won 2 Jackpots ($2M and $250K). In FL, we have 2 major games near the end of their run, both $10 games (50X the Cash) and ($200 Million Spectacular).

The 200MS game has run for what seems like forever and was projected to last 10 years. There were a total of 20 Grand Prizes of $1 Million. The bulk of those were won in the first 5 years. There's supposedly 2 Grand Prizes left in this game. Gatorsrok was able to get the FL Lottery to give him the winning roll information on Jackpot winners 17 (around 493K) and 18 (519K). The odds are around 1 in 1,500,000 and approximately 30,000,000 tickets were printed so on average there would be a jackpot winner around every 25,000. The game is in very short supply and we suspect there may be as few as 50-60 Active/Received books for sale in the entire state with the vast bulk of these books residing in the North Central FL area (Gainesville, Daytona, etc). The game is virtually unavailable in all of Florida south of State Road 70 going all the way to the Keys, and beyond Panama City in the Panhandle. Of these remaining books, most appear to be in the range of where a jackpot would be found (we're assuming none of the previous winners won on a roll higher than 519K). Without knowing the roll information of the rest of the winners, I'm not sure the other jackpot is still there, but it's possible. Although this game is supposedly unorderable, there are shops such as AK in Gainesville that through reps they are able to get more books. So I'm a little concerned if we have all the books in the market that were going to get for this game. Now my question is this. We have someone that can now practically buy out the game and the geography they'd have to cover is not too bad to do it. Is it worth it? And do you think a jackpot is hiding in one of these remaining rolls?

In the 50X game, there are supposedly 3 Jackpot winners remaining. This one is a little more iffy. The FL Lottery facebook page had tickets posted of winners of the 20th (591K), 17th (516K), and 16th Jackpots (491K). There are a total of 24 Jackpots in this game and the rolls appear to go up to 625K, and based on the odds in this game, the two jackpots for the 18th and 19th winners would fit comfortably in between 516K and 591K. I don't have the information for the 21st winner, but if he won on a book above 591K I'm thinking the rest of rolls are junk. Like 200MS the supply of this game is dwindling, probably down to less than 100 books statewide. Again, the vast supply of these books are in North Central Florida and most are roll numbers in the 500K, 600K range or higher. Last week I went to a store in Gainesville that has 36 books of 50X the Cash! Most of their books also fall in this range, but oddly enough they just got an order on the 6/21 of a book with what has to be the lowest roll number remaining (19K) and also had one at (46K) and a few in the 300K range. We don't know as much on this game as we do on 200MS, but if someone can buy out this game, should they, or should they get the winning roll information first? That super-low roll numbers really tempted me, but I've held off.

Following along for the response to this....  =)

Cape Coral
                            United States
                            Member #173988
                            March 28, 2016
                            216 Posts
                            Posted: July 5, 2016, 11:26 pm - IP Logged

Finally home from vacation. Did not have the time to venture to AK Kwik before coming home, but may take a trip this weekend. I did stop by my local Circle K this evening and bought the last 52 tickets of the new $10 Monopoly.  Had 1, $100 winner and 2x $50 winners.  Got back $485 on the $520 investment. Not too shabby. And I can still write off the losers. =) 

If we get to Saturday and AK Kwik still has those 2 low numbered $200MS books, they are mine.  And depending on the other poster <zeb?>'s response to the last post, I  may buy the game out.  We shall see.

Florida
                              United States
                              Member #167757
                              July 29, 2015
                              363 Posts
                              Posted: July 5, 2016, 11:44 pm - IP Logged

Following along for the response to this....  =)

Dang it, Adam. You can't say things like this. I get scared.

Page 251 of 354