Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 10:18 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Florida Scratch Offs - Post Pictures if posible

5305 replies. Last post 9 hours ago by speeddmon.

Page 249 of 354
PrintE-mailLink
Cape Coral
United States
Member #173988
March 28, 2016
216 Posts
Posted: July 3, 2016, 12:19 am - IP Logged

I have not made it over to AK yet.  Honestly,  I'm a little afraid of going in there and going spend crazy.  Does anyone know if they accept debit cards for scratch off payments?  I do not/ will not walk around with several thousand dollars in my pocket.  I think i will be stopping in there sometime on Tuesday early afternoon.

Florida
    United States
    Member #167757
    July 29, 2015
    363 Posts
    Posted: July 3, 2016, 12:35 am - IP Logged

I have not made it over to AK yet.  Honestly,  I'm a little afraid of going in there and going spend crazy.  Does anyone know if they accept debit cards for scratch off payments?  I do not/ will not walk around with several thousand dollars in my pocket.  I think i will be stopping in there sometime on Tuesday early afternoon.

As far as I know all forms of Lottery games have to be purchased with cash.

I could probably drive over and pick up a few more tickets while playing security if you like.

Florida
      United States
      Member #167757
      July 29, 2015
      363 Posts
      Posted: July 3, 2016, 12:37 am - IP Logged

Wow McGray some of those rolls are absolutely "In the Zone" Do you remember where you played the following:

This is the zone I think the $1M would be in if the roll is still out there. Do you happen to remember where you got these specific books?

Gatorsrok pointed out the FL Lottery may order more rolls of a game but not to the point of ordering another $1M Prize. If the Jackpot is around roll 540K, they could push another 17,000 books out without having to order another grand prize.

It looks like 1 of the 2 remaining prizes was supposed to be won earlier in the game but wasn't for whatever reason (picked up, missed winner, etc). Without knowing the rolls of the others its hard to tell if the rolls in the 400's were worth playing or not. But the six rolls here was probably the best shot. Anything in the 550's or under 535K looks like junk.

I've bought books of $200MS everywhere in the state north and west of Orlando and I don't keep a record of which tickets I buy where unless I hit something worthwhile on them. So, I've really no idea where any of these books came from.

Florida
        United States
        Member #151010
        January 5, 2014
        199 Posts
        Posted: July 3, 2016, 12:40 am - IP Logged

So many of us have been burned, if you finish off these rolls I don't think you're going to have much competition. That being said, maybe tackle a roll at a time, invest whatever profits come out of them into the next roll so that you won't have a massive amount of cash on hand at any one time. 

To the best of my knowledge, cash is the only form of payment.

FL
          United States
          Member #168858
          September 20, 2015
          131 Posts
          Posted: July 3, 2016, 1:33 am - IP Logged

As far as I know all forms of Lottery games have to be purchased with cash.

I could probably drive over and pick up a few more tickets while playing security if you like.

No idea about AK, but it's not accurate that cash must be used for lottery.  While you cannot of course use a credit card for obvious reasons, you can use a debit card, however it's store policy as to whether they allow debit or not.  While most retailers for sure are cash only, there are some that take debit card, such as Circle K's, RaceTrac's, most Shell-operated convenience stores, many Marathon-operated convenience stores, and many Winn-Dixie's.

Florida
            United States
            Member #167757
            July 29, 2015
            363 Posts
            Posted: July 3, 2016, 8:39 am - IP Logged

No idea about AK, but it's not accurate that cash must be used for lottery.  While you cannot of course use a credit card for obvious reasons, you can use a debit card, however it's store policy as to whether they allow debit or not.  While most retailers for sure are cash only, there are some that take debit card, such as Circle K's, RaceTrac's, most Shell-operated convenience stores, many Marathon-operated convenience stores, and many Winn-Dixie's.

Interesting. I certainly understand how it's effectively the same thing, but I remember that a few years back there was a bill proposed in the Florida House to explicitly allow debit cards to be used. I don't think it got passed committee (the argument against being that having to get cash acted as at least a slight deterrent against over-spending on gambling). I wonder if the retailer rules from the Lottery are anywhere to be found (in other words: I wonder if the retailers accepting debit are in violation).

Florida
              United States
              Member #172872
              February 7, 2016
              617 Posts
              Posted: July 3, 2016, 11:18 am - IP Logged

I don't blame you, especially it wouldn't be smart for someone looking to buy bulk books. 

I'd recommending calling AK Kwik. As others have mentioned, retailers *can* accept Debit cards for lotto purchases (although most don't with the exception of Winn Dixie and a few gas stations). If you call them and let them know you're considering buying X amount of books and inquire about using debit, maybe they can accommodate you. Maybe they can accept money order, or some other safer/alternative payment.

There's a Wells Fargo nearby that I use, and probably several other banks within a 2-3 mile radius of AK Kwik. The store also has an ATM within the store as well (although ATMs within stores always seem shady to me, and I wouldn't recommend using them). You can always buy books in increments as others have suggested, and use money to fund more books. Then again, I don't know how many hours you'd be able to spend in Gville so that wouldn't be time efficient.

@ Pending/MrGray - I'm not sure how long debit cards have been able to be used, but I think I bought my first lotto scratch off last year from Winn Dixie using debit. To my understanding, there's many states that allow the use of debit. The logic makes sense - debit goes into your own account, whereas using credit can have real implications as far as a person getting into debt (with a very high credit limit too in many cases). There's also the obvious risk of people using stolen credit cards for lotto purchases, so I can understand that restriction. I don't think retailers accepting debit cards are in violation, I don't know the exact law that was passed but I'm pretty sure that the condition was that is would be based on a retailer to accept debit cards must be the case if we're seeing huge retailers such as Winn Dixie accepting debit.

Cape Coral
                United States
                Member #173988
                March 28, 2016
                216 Posts
                Posted: July 3, 2016, 12:16 pm - IP Logged

Fwiw, most of the stores i buy from,  both circle k and independent stores DO accept my debit card for scratch offs. Publix however will not.

Florida
                  United States
                  Member #172872
                  February 7, 2016
                  617 Posts
                  Posted: July 3, 2016, 7:32 pm - IP Logged

Played alot of lotto today at Kelly Quik Stop in Gainesville. 

Bought 6x duds of 200MS  (Book # 554816

Bought 5x duds of 50X The Cash (Book #621279), followed by a...$15 winner! -.-

This is the last book of 50X, and 200MS at this store. The owner claimed she will attempt to get more from her rep, but that it isn't likely. This is also their last book of $20 Super Millions. 

Bought 8x $20 Super Millions (Book 723344), one $50 winner, and one $25 winner. 

Bought 1 Lucky $200k/yr for Life - $100 

Bought 1 $20 Flamingo - $20

Bought 10x Winning Streak - ALL DUDS, followed by $5 winner 

Bought 10x Flamingo (The $5 black one) - one $5 winner 

Bought 5x $5 Gold Rush - All duds

Bought 5x $5 Flamingo - All duds 

Down for the day, but played through alot of tickets. Because I played alot today, I'm probably only going to play with maybe $20-40 when the new tickets come out.

Florida
                    United States
                    Member #151010
                    January 5, 2014
                    199 Posts
                    Posted: July 3, 2016, 7:42 pm - IP Logged

Played alot of lotto today at Kelly Quik Stop in Gainesville. 

Bought 6x duds of 200MS  (Book # 554816

Bought 5x duds of 50X The Cash (Book #621279), followed by a...$15 winner! -.-

This is the last book of 50X, and 200MS at this store. The owner claimed she will attempt to get more from her rep, but that it isn't likely. This is also their last book of $20 Super Millions. 

Bought 8x $20 Super Millions (Book 723344), one $50 winner, and one $25 winner. 

Bought 1 Lucky $200k/yr for Life - $100 

Bought 1 $20 Flamingo - $20

Bought 10x Winning Streak - ALL DUDS, followed by $5 winner 

Bought 10x Flamingo (The $5 black one) - one $5 winner 

Bought 5x $5 Gold Rush - All duds

Bought 5x $5 Flamingo - All duds 

Down for the day, but played through alot of tickets. Because I played alot today, I'm probably only going to play with maybe $20-40 when the new tickets come out.

Based on what we know, I think the 200MS and 50X roll numbers were too high for a jackpot prize. That 200MS has got to be 538-548. The 50X (605-620).

Florida
                      United States
                      Member #172872
                      February 7, 2016
                      617 Posts
                      Posted: July 3, 2016, 7:48 pm - IP Logged

Based on what we know, I think the 200MS and 50X roll numbers were too high for a jackpot prize. That 200MS has got to be 538-548. The 50X (605-620).

Yeah, I played them hoping to hit a "juicy" part of the roll. Based on the duds encountered, I'd guess those rolls are min payouts, probably $300/$600 max. Some people bought 50X and 200MS after me and got burnt as well. 

There's still 1 more Super Millions prize, and that book number I encountered was at least 150k-200k from the last jackpot. Not worth chasing though imo, that game has been rough. I've had better results on every other $20, even Lucky $200k/yr for life.

Florida
                        United States
                        Member #167757
                        July 29, 2015
                        363 Posts
                        Posted: July 3, 2016, 8:37 pm - IP Logged

Played through 3 and half books of Super Millions today. Found a few hundreds, a few fifties, a couple forties. Nothing really worthwhile. Ultimately, it was the usual half-ish return. One of the book numbers was around 728k, two were in the 733k range, another in 736k.

Florida
                          United States
                          Member #172872
                          February 7, 2016
                          617 Posts
                          Posted: July 3, 2016, 8:46 pm - IP Logged

Played through 3 and half books of Super Millions today. Found a few hundreds, a few fifties, a couple forties. Nothing really worthwhile. Ultimately, it was the usual half-ish return. One of the book numbers was around 728k, two were in the 733k range, another in 736k.

How many winners did you find in each book? Sorry to hear about another mediocre day scratching. I got absolutely REKT on $5 tickets and $10 tickets today. 

I found 2 winners out of 9 tickets I played (up to ticket #10). Maybe I should return tomorrow to buy 1-2 more from the same roll, since I've already played through 7 of the duds in that book (there should be 20 duds according to the game's odds). Then again, knowing how this ticket plays out...the next 10 could be duds lol. 

I'm wondering if a jackpot is still out there on Super Millions.

Florida
                            United States
                            Member #167757
                            July 29, 2015
                            363 Posts
                            Posted: July 3, 2016, 8:58 pm - IP Logged

How many winners did you find in each book? Sorry to hear about another mediocre day scratching. I got absolutely REKT on $5 tickets and $10 tickets today. 

I found 2 winners out of 9 tickets I played (up to ticket #10). Maybe I should return tomorrow to buy 1-2 more from the same roll, since I've already played through 7 of the duds in that book (there should be 20 duds according to the game's odds). Then again, knowing how this ticket plays out...the next 10 could be duds lol. 

I'm wondering if a jackpot is still out there on Super Millions.

I'm not sure of the number of winners in each. I've been through so many books I just don't pay much attention unless something pops up at $500 or more (which is seeming ever more elusive). I can tell you that I hit stretches of 7-8 losers in a row on each, which, strangely enough, were followed by a 2X multiplier with $10 under it and then on the next ticket ten $10 number matches for $100. This happened three times on three separate books. Curious.

I'm starting to feel the only way to chase these games that have one or two winners left is to start with a massive bankroll and buy the lot (which I can't do). I've wondered often lately if I wouldn't have done much better playing into more widespread games. Probably not, but I am considering just playing the new stuff for a while.

Florida
                              United States
                              Member #172872
                              February 7, 2016
                              617 Posts
                              Posted: July 3, 2016, 9:06 pm - IP Logged

I'm not sure of the number of winners in each. I've been through so many books I just don't pay much attention unless something pops up at $500 or more (which is seeming ever more elusive). I can tell you that I hit stretches of 7-8 losers in a row on each, which, strangely enough, were followed by a 2X multiplier with $10 under it and then on the next ticket ten $10 number matches for $100. This happened three times on three separate books. Curious.

I'm starting to feel the only way to chase these games that have one or two winners left is to start with a massive bankroll and buy the lot (which I can't do). I've wondered often lately if I wouldn't have done much better playing into more widespread games. Probably not, but I am considering just playing the new stuff for a while.

I've tried playing a widespread number of games, and still get rekt. Ironically, my single purchases on Lucky $200k/yr for life got me a $40 and $100 win today which helped cushioned (although still down about $250-300 for the day). 

That's interesting. Since the book is on number 11 , I assume there are at least 7-8 more winners and 13 losers. I'm tempted to buy further into the roll, but then I have a feeling it will end up being $20 winners max. I've also encountered lots of duds on the 50X and 200MS rolls I encountered today, but I've learned that those can have losing streaks of 12 tickets followed by a $10-$15 break even. 

I agree. Although we are able to identify the scarce games based on instant liability reports, and even pinpoint the book numbers a jackpot may appear on, in order to truly hit big you have to either get extremely lucky or have a large amount of capital to finance the chase. The fiscal decision always ends up being bad unless you hit winners above $500 often, or a bigger winner like $5k-$10k to fund the chase. 

I'm shocked with all the books you, Gators, myself, and several others have been through without any big wins to show for it. When I started playing the lottery in 2015, I was hitting $400-$500 wins on FL Cash fairly frequently. I also hit $500 on Gold Rush extremely frequently, but now it seems like dud after dud. Maybe a $100 winner tops.

Page 249 of 354