Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 12:35 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

SoundOff New Jersey Lottery is cheating in the Pick 3 and Pick 4 Games

Topic closed. 90 replies. Last post 3 years ago by chrissy16.

Page 5 of 7
PrintE-mailLink
grwurston's avatar - Cute animals_Spider.jpg
Winning makes me smile.
bel air maryland
United States
Member #90251
April 24, 2010
4852 Posts
Posted: September 6, 2013, 1:15 pm - IP Logged

Okay, I just got word from the NJ Lottery that this was part of the promotion with red ball and that the regular consecutive selection will resume once the promotion ends.

Geesh, feeling like a big butt right about now, next time I will get all the facts.  I guess this is why you don't jump to conclusions. Either way I was on them, for the love of the game.

Other than being part of the promotion, did they give any other reason for the drawing change?

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

Kentucky
    United States
    Member #32652
    February 14, 2006
    7295 Posts
    Posted: September 6, 2013, 1:17 pm - IP Logged

Okay, I just got word from the NJ Lottery that this was part of the promotion with red ball and that the regular consecutive selection will resume once the promotion ends.

Geesh, feeling like a big butt right about now, next time I will get all the facts.  I guess this is why you don't jump to conclusions. Either way I was on them, for the love of the game.

http://new.livestream.com/newjerseylotto/live/videos/29229289?query=new%20jersey%20lotte&cat=video

The pick-3 and pick-4 balls were drawn quicker and not in sequence on September 2, the first Redball drawing too. On both those drawings the Pick 6 Lotto was drawn too. The drawing on the 2nd was 8 seconds longer than on the 5th and both drawings went over 90 seconds. I watched today's Midday drawing and the second electronic switch on the second machine was opened after the first ball was drawn. It's obvious on nights when the Pick 6 Lotto is drawn, the entire process will speed up because of time.

Don't feel bad about noticing an anomaly in a any drawing. If number of players in TN hadn't noticed no double digits were drawn in pick-3 and pick-4 in several days, they may have never fixed the problem. 

If you watch and listen to the Sept. 2 drawing, the announcer miss calls one ot the numbers and says the number "elemon". LOL

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
      Los Angeles, California
      United States
      Member #103813
      January 5, 2011
      1530 Posts
      Posted: September 6, 2013, 1:23 pm - IP Logged

The only question I have about the video is, as the balls are spinning around in the main compartment, is there a switch or flap that opens up to let the winning ball get sucked up the tube?  Is it opened electronically?  If so, then I think the switch/flap is probably opened simultaneously which would explain all 3/4 balls coming up at once or very close together.  Just an observation.

These types of ball draw machines can usually be configured for a specific set mix timer, or a manual draw. They could do this by hand or in some cases with a wireless remote from behind a curtain.

Some lotteries suck the balls all at once, some do it one at a time, sometimes with a person standing behind to turn the ball right side up. I don't think there is any major difference, except that it might actually be harder to rig the draw if they are all sucked up at once on a fixed timer, rather than being manually triggered at variable intervals.

My issue with NJ draws is they zoom in on just the top section when the balls are drawn, not allowing you to see the action of the balls reaching the apex of their trajectory before they are sucked up. Kind of defeats the purpose of the draw video if you are not able to watch the balls in action, IMHO. Other states show the action of the balls at the time of draw.

http://new.livestream.com/newjerseylotto/live

And why have an announcer with a heavy Indian accent for Jersey draws? I mean, I'm all for EEO and all that, but c'mon, it's Jersey. At least have some guy with a local Jersey accent! Wink

Some other states examples:

http://www.youtube.com/user/MichiganLottery

http://www.youtube.com/user/mdlottery

United States
        Member #129868
        June 30, 2012
        2452 Posts
        Posted: September 6, 2013, 1:28 pm - IP Logged

http://new.livestream.com/newjerseylotto/live/videos/29229289?query=new%20jersey%20lotte&cat=video

The pick-3 and pick-4 balls were drawn quicker and not in sequence on September 2, the first Redball drawing too. On both those drawings the Pick 6 Lotto was drawn too. The drawing on the 2nd was 8 seconds longer than on the 5th and both drawings went over 90 seconds. I watched today's Midday drawing and the second electronic switch on the second machine was opened after the first ball was drawn. It's obvious on nights when the Pick 6 Lotto is drawn, the entire process will speed up because of time.

Don't feel bad about noticing an anomaly in a any drawing. If number of players in TN hadn't noticed no double digits were drawn in pick-3 and pick-4 in several days, they may have never fixed the problem. 

If you watch and listen to the Sept. 2 drawing, the announcer miss calls one ot the numbers and says the number "elemon". LOL

Yea, Stack I had included the Sept 2 drawing in the video as well.  I guess you're right, at least I did notice.  And I did too, wonder what number this guy was calling. hahaha

United States
          Member #129868
          June 30, 2012
          2452 Posts
          Posted: September 6, 2013, 1:29 pm - IP Logged

Other than being part of the promotion, did they give any other reason for the drawing change?

No

Kentucky
            United States
            Member #32652
            February 14, 2006
            7295 Posts
            Posted: September 6, 2013, 1:36 pm - IP Logged

What I realized, is that you can always make a certain event fit your own personal experience, belief or position.  I don't think she was conspiring.  As you know, we are looking for an explanation, although not many.  Burn down the headquarters? A stretch?  I think so.  Even if she won the drawing and doesn't negate the fact that the balls were being drawn to fast.

I exaggerated a little using burning down lottery headquarters. The timing is different when they speed things up, but the timing is never exactly the same when they open the tubes one at a time. The stretch is believing either process prevents any three digit number from being drawn or causes a three digit number to be drawn. She wasn't conspiring but suggesting there was a conspiracy. When you consider the huge profits each state lottery is making, the last thing they want is players suggesting they are cheating.

My experience in ball drawings is from what I saw helping at a charitable bingo game. During the break one of the other workers played a trick on the caller by adjusting the forced air. When the caller turned on the machine, bingo balls were flying everywhere.

MsNumberDreamer's avatar - lottery balls-cash.jpg
              North Carolina
              United States
              Member #145690
              August 11, 2013
              258 Posts
              Posted: September 6, 2013, 3:09 pm - IP Logged

That is very unusual for a drawing!

NJ
                United States
                Member #123329
                February 18, 2012
                7 Posts
                Posted: September 6, 2013, 9:37 pm - IP Logged

That's good news.   I'm glad this wasn't something happening under their radar.   Tonight's evening drawing performed as specified.

With that said.   To avoid any future suspicions, perhaps they should rethink this drawing procedure for future red ball drawings.

NJ
                  United States
                  Member #123329
                  February 18, 2012
                  7 Posts
                  Posted: September 6, 2013, 9:45 pm - IP Logged

The only question I have about the video is, as the balls are spinning around in the main compartment, is there a switch or flap that opens up to let the winning ball get sucked up the tube?  Is it opened electronically?  If so, then I think the switch/flap is probably opened simultaneously which would explain all 3/4 balls coming up at once or very close together.  Just an observation.

I found a behind the scenes video on their livestream.   You get a good view of their equipment.

It's posted after their 6/10/13 evening drawing.

United States
                    Member #129868
                    June 30, 2012
                    2452 Posts
                    Posted: September 6, 2013, 9:51 pm - IP Logged

I found a behind the scenes video on their livestream.   You get a good view of their equipment.

It's posted after their 6/10/13 evening drawing.

Can you post the link?

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
                      Beautiful Florida
                      United States
                      Member #5709
                      July 18, 2004
                      20106 Posts
                      Posted: September 6, 2013, 10:03 pm - IP Logged

What they gave you as a reason is BS. When they first started to draw the numbers nightly on WYNY10 the same thing happened. the #1 ball draw, the #2 ball draw, same with the #3and #4 ball draws from each chute was so eratic and many, many  people complained. Within two days it was fixed and believe it or not, they gave the similar excuse...

"  When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty "

Beautiful Florida
                        United States
                        Member #5709
                        July 18, 2004
                        20106 Posts
                        Posted: September 6, 2013, 10:16 pm - IP Logged
                        There is nothing wrong with the machines they work on vacuum the balls don't come up the tube in any specific order on those machines.

They most certainly do come up but not all at once.  I watch the draws every night, and let me tell you these of late are totally different.

When they were drawn before the 1st, then the 2nd , then the 3rd would come up, and the same with the pick 4. Not eratic as they are being drawn now....

Beautiful Florida
                          United States
                          Member #5709
                          July 18, 2004
                          20106 Posts
                          Posted: September 6, 2013, 10:20 pm - IP Logged

In 2011, the NJ Lottery started to broadcast the drawings on TV again.  (See news story here)  Do any of you watch the drawings on TV, or just on the Web?  I'm curious if they are rushing the drawings because the lottery is only given a short time to broadcast on TV.

I've watched them since inception Todd, and even with them being drawn they still have anywhere between 45 to 55 seconds with the results board being shown before they take it off. These draws of late are very eratic to say the least.

Beautiful Florida
                            United States
                            Member #5709
                            July 18, 2004
                            20106 Posts
                            Posted: September 6, 2013, 10:22 pm - IP Logged

Was the red ball machine in the picture during the August drawings?

NO they weren't.

United States
                              Member #129868
                              June 30, 2012
                              2452 Posts
                              Posted: September 6, 2013, 10:25 pm - IP Logged

Does any know the date as of win NJ lottery will be officially under private control?  I believe it takes place in October some time but not sure.