Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 11:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Help for Pick 3 players - Gaining an edge

Topic closed. 125 replies. Last post 3 years ago by Pick3Masterer.

Page 5 of 9
PrintE-mailLink
sully16's avatar - sharan
Ringleader
Michigan
United States
Member #81740
October 28, 2009
40376 Posts
Posted: September 18, 2013, 8:17 am - IP Logged

I dont think he has a system. Its more called knowledge, strategy, intuition

Divide all 1000 numbers into groups.  Track analyze and trap groups..
Use progressive wagering.(make up your own rules)  lose some. Win more

In Ga the group. More odd More even hits the most...

Example

Just 1 example

You could group by Last sum digit

Lsd group 0 is

Many ways you can group the 1000 pool

I play due sums with due pairs, I do okay, it's all about the tracking I guess., good luck to you.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

Kentucky
    United States
    Member #32652
    February 14, 2006
    7302 Posts
    Posted: September 18, 2013, 12:17 pm - IP Logged

Hi,

I've expanded what you say here, some time ago, to 7 principles on how to win in Pick 3. See  my LP blog.

Simulations show that playing singles is not as profitable as targeting doubles. It is 10 times easier to predict a double than a single. Additionally, doubles pay more money. Statistically, doubles are only 27% of all draws. But often they come in streaks, several in a row or in short span of time. At the turn of year I did some Pick 3 project for a fellow from Belgium. At that time their Pick 3 had 40% doubles in 1 month. Bonanza, if I could play their lottery. I will tell you why.

I always wheel my numbers and play 8 at a time. This translates into 56 tickets for box play, either singles or doubles. Singles have only 30 - 40% winning ratio while doubles 70 - 80% and may even go higher - in one sim in one month I predicted 17 doubles correctly (doubles were drawn) and of these 16 were box winners.

In all LP Pick 3 discussions not many, if any, pay attention or consider analysis what's drawn. There is a universal fixation on playing singles no matter what is the current ratio of singles to doubles. In one 2-week period in one lottery they were split 50-50. If you played singles at that time for that Pick 3, no matter how good your numbers were, you would loose 50% of the draws outright. I believe that's the main reason why people seldom win. It's not their numbers, they just play them wrong. With wheeling it is far more important HOW you play your numbers, not WHAT these numbers are.

Many people still look for that one perfect system that will predict them winners - at least most of the time. Dreamland territory. Any system, particularly the ones based on stats have a winning potential. The problem is they all constantly fluctuate in efficiency - sometimes they win frequently, maybe even several times in a row, sometimes go blank for equally long time. That's why it does not make any sense to play one system all the time. Monitoring efficiency (I use backtracking for that) is of paramount importance. Play what's winning today, switch to a better system if your current one stops winning.

Aquarius

"Additionally, doubles pay more money."

If the payoff is $500 to 1 singles, doubles, and triples all pay the same amount. A $1 bet on 6-way box is the same as betting 1/6 of $1 on six straight combos. A 3-way box is the same as betting 1/3 of $1 on three straight combos. The reason the payoff is more is because you betting more money on each straight in 3-way box. If you bet the same amount on a 6-way box the payoffs are equal.

Another way to look at it, you're getting six chances for a $1 compared to three. With half as many chances, the 3-way box pays twice as much. Doubles pay the same.

United States
      Member #141260
      April 9, 2013
      1390 Posts
      Posted: September 18, 2013, 12:21 pm - IP Logged

"Additionally, doubles pay more money."

If the payoff is $500 to 1 singles, doubles, and triples all pay the same amount. A $1 bet on 6-way box is the same as betting 1/6 of $1 on six straight combos. A 3-way box is the same as betting 1/3 of $1 on three straight combos. The reason the payoff is more is because you betting more money on each straight in 3-way box. If you bet the same amount on a 6-way box the payoffs are equal.

Another way to look at it, you're getting six chances for a $1 compared to three. With half as many chances, the 3-way box pays twice as much. Doubles pay the same.

Doubles pay the same as singles if youre only playing straights

United States
        Member #116344
        September 8, 2011
        3921 Posts
        Posted: September 24, 2013, 12:05 pm - IP Logged

Hi,

I've expanded what you say here, some time ago, to 7 principles on how to win in Pick 3. See  my LP blog.

Simulations show that playing singles is not as profitable as targeting doubles. It is 10 times easier to predict a double than a single. Additionally, doubles pay more money. Statistically, doubles are only 27% of all draws. But often they come in streaks, several in a row or in short span of time. At the turn of year I did some Pick 3 project for a fellow from Belgium. At that time their Pick 3 had 40% doubles in 1 month. Bonanza, if I could play their lottery. I will tell you why.

I always wheel my numbers and play 8 at a time. This translates into 56 tickets for box play, either singles or doubles. Singles have only 30 - 40% winning ratio while doubles 70 - 80% and may even go higher - in one sim in one month I predicted 17 doubles correctly (doubles were drawn) and of these 16 were box winners.

In all LP Pick 3 discussions not many, if any, pay attention or consider analysis what's drawn. There is a universal fixation on playing singles no matter what is the current ratio of singles to doubles. In one 2-week period in one lottery they were split 50-50. If you played singles at that time for that Pick 3, no matter how good your numbers were, you would loose 50% of the draws outright. I believe that's the main reason why people seldom win. It's not their numbers, they just play them wrong. With wheeling it is far more important HOW you play your numbers, not WHAT these numbers are.

Many people still look for that one perfect system that will predict them winners - at least most of the time. Dreamland territory. Any system, particularly the ones based on stats have a winning potential. The problem is they all constantly fluctuate in efficiency - sometimes they win frequently, maybe even several times in a row, sometimes go blank for equally long time. That's why it does not make any sense to play one system all the time. Monitoring efficiency (I use backtracking for that) is of paramount importance. Play what's winning today, switch to a better system if your current one stops winning.

Aquarius

Well said, is all about the difference or should say, 'The relation between odds and probability', understanding this changes your waging strategy.

Kentucky
          United States
          Member #32652
          February 14, 2006
          7302 Posts
          Posted: September 24, 2013, 7:12 pm - IP Logged

Doubles pay the same as singles if youre only playing straights

A $1 bet on 6-way box is the same as betting 1/6 of $1 on each of the six straight combos. A 3-way box is the same as betting 1/3 of $1 on each of the three straight combos. One bet has three ways to win and the other has six. One bet has half the chances of winning compared to the other bet so that bet pays twice as much. If your state lottery pays $167 on $1 3-way box, a double pays slightly more than twice as much.

In states paying $80 for a 6-way box bet, a $6 box pays $480. If you bet $1 straight on each of the 6 ways costing the same $6, the payoff is $500.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: September 28, 2013, 1:23 am - IP Logged

Hey Ridge,

Toast a cool glass of choc to 'ya!

Thank you, homie. Cheers

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
              United States
              Member #73904
              April 28, 2009
              14903 Posts
              Posted: September 28, 2013, 1:24 am - IP Logged

With IQ being measured with not just the correct answer, a fastly answer improves the score. I would say that if one went thru and saw the truisms and speedy responses of your posts, they would know that you are a highly, highly intelligent man. 

Your sir, are street smarts and book smarts all rolled up into one. And yes, there are a difference.

You're as quick witted as anyone I know.

Well thank ya kindly, Greenfox.

I'm beholden to ya...

Slick Nick's avatar - Lottery-035.jpg
                Rochester
                United States
                Member #103282
                January 1, 2011
                603 Posts
                Posted: September 28, 2013, 7:51 am - IP Logged

I agree with you on that comment!!!Smash

Money is a terrible master, but a great servant...Smile

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: September 29, 2013, 12:39 am - IP Logged

I agree with you on that comment!!!Smash

Thank you, Slick Nick.  Cheers

Greenfox's avatar - IMAG01562
                    Burnsville
                    United States
                    Member #107244
                    March 4, 2011
                    853 Posts
                    Posted: October 3, 2013, 3:25 am - IP Logged

Well thank ya kindly, Greenfox.

I'm beholden to ya...

No sir, thank you!!! Your Dr. Hook rewrite is one of my favorite things to read when I need a good laugh.

And your not in any manner oweing to me.

You can't steal second and keep your foot on FIRST!!!

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths.
                    When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength”.

-Arnold (Ahnald) Schwarzenegger-

United States
                      Member #116477
                      September 11, 2011
                      353 Posts
                      Posted: October 3, 2013, 5:20 am - IP Logged

Why are you babbling on about nothing here? Much ado about nothing.. sound like one of those intelectual snobs who talkk for hours... and dont have a thing to say.. Thurston Howell the third.. why waste your time or anybody elses?

Pildriver's avatar - myjeep
                        NW Florida
                        United States
                        Member #137818
                        January 12, 2013
                        2688 Posts
                        Posted: October 3, 2013, 6:05 am - IP Logged

My intention was to provide ,in general, information on how to beat the game. That is, not to get too much into the specifics of any system.

But, how much more do you need to know? Even better, why do you feel that the information ,I've provided, is not enough? Why are you dissatisfied ,thus far?

Hi Pick3 Master,
                        Plz don't take this wrong, I'm eager to learn, and that's why I'm reading . So far I haven't seen where uv said anything worth while except the very first post.. still waiting on the bone..
                        Throw it..
                        Pil

P.S. I with no systems can probly pic two numbers 50 percent of the time or better...

I Can; seethemoneycomeinourwayBlue Angel

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                          United States
                          Member #73904
                          April 28, 2009
                          14903 Posts
                          Posted: October 3, 2013, 9:05 am - IP Logged

Why are you babbling on about nothing here? Much ado about nothing.. sound like one of those intelectual snobs who talkk for hours... and dont have a thing to say.. Thurston Howell the third.. why waste your time or anybody elses?

"Why are you babbling on about nothing here?"

Well, just to annoy you, of course.

And looking through your previous posts, I see it doesn't take much.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                            United States
                            Member #73904
                            April 28, 2009
                            14903 Posts
                            Posted: October 3, 2013, 9:12 am - IP Logged

Hi Pick3 Master,
                            Plz don't take this wrong, I'm eager to learn, and that's why I'm reading . So far I haven't seen where uv said anything worth while except the very first post.. still waiting on the bone..
                            Throw it..
                            Pil

P.S. I with no systems can probly pic two numbers 50 percent of the time or better...

Pildriver,

When you notice somebody's avatar is gone -- they are too.

But your evaluation was right on.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                              United States
                              Member #73904
                              April 28, 2009
                              14903 Posts
                              Posted: October 3, 2013, 9:27 am - IP Logged

No sir, thank you!!! Your Dr. Hook rewrite is one of my favorite things to read when I need a good laugh.

And your not in any manner oweing to me.

Glad you liked that Greenfox.

I forgot about that but found it with Search: http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/234355/2144487

Made me laugh a little my ownself.