Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 12:06 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Mega Millions $1,000,000.00 Winners Without Megaplier

Topic closed. 187 replies. Last post 2 years ago by rcbbuckeye.

Page 6 of 13
PrintE-mailLink
Win$500Quick's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
Florida
United States
Member #77815
August 1, 2009
3460 Posts
Posted: February 12, 2014, 8:49 am - IP Logged

There were no jackpot winners and no $1,000,000 winners in the Tuesday, February 11, 2014 Mega Millions drawing.

Guess Who's Back?

mypiemaster's avatar - 2015021003pileofcash
    JACKPOT HUNTER

United States
    Member #141034
    April 2, 2013
    1419 Posts
    Posted: February 12, 2014, 9:41 am - IP Logged

Not playing the megaplier is like throwing money away, plain and simple. Man up and play it right, always with megaplier.

Seek and ye shall find -Matt. 7:7 ...Ask and ye shall receive -John 16:24 ...Give and it shall be given unto you -Luke 6:38 ...Be careful what you ask for!!! -Mypiemaster 1:1

Having Money Solves Problems That Not Having Money Creates Yes Nod ****John Carlton****

THRIFTY's avatar - great seal_obverse.jpg
      NEW YORK
      United States
      Member #90535
      April 29, 2010
      12094 Posts
      Posted: February 12, 2014, 2:22 pm - IP Logged

Not playing the megaplier is like throwing money away, plain and simple. Man up and play it right, always with megaplier.

$284 MILLION POWERBALL LOTTERY JACKPOT.

ALL YOU NEED IS $2 AND A DREAM.

http://www.lotterypost.com/news/272018

US Flag

PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY-IT IS OKAY TO DREAM!

Florida
        United States
        Member #77815
        August 1, 2009
        3460 Posts
        Posted: February 15, 2014, 1:13 am - IP Logged

2 lucky players matched the first 5 numbers for a $1,000,000 prize: 1 from California and 1 from New York.  Could have won $3,000,000 if they had the megaplier.

Guess Who's Back?

mrcraft's avatar - images3lp4 zps7dbb4a10.jpg
          Los Angeles, California
          United States
          Member #149492
          December 2, 2013
          919 Posts
          Posted: February 15, 2014, 1:57 am - IP Logged

2 lucky players matched the first 5 numbers for a $1,000,000 prize: 1 from California and 1 from New York.  Could have won $3,000,000 if they had the megaplier.

The California 5/5 winner won $505,010 tonight.  Our Mega Millions 5/5 prize has to roll over about 4 times before it reaches $1 million in California.  Kinda sucks, our pari-mutuel system more often than not...

Florida
            United States
            Member #77815
            August 1, 2009
            3460 Posts
            Posted: February 19, 2014, 8:43 am - IP Logged

1 lucky player from Florida matched  the first 5 numbers in Mega Millions last night for a $1,000,000 prize. Could have won $5 million dollars with megaplier which was X5.

Guess Who's Back?

Tami333's avatar - winifrid
              Michigan
              United States
              Member #139344
              February 20, 2013
              1182 Posts
              Posted: February 19, 2014, 9:38 am - IP Logged

Mypie, I agree. In the past I thought it was a waste of money to play the Megaplier, but we already pay $2 to play the Powerball, might as well pay $2 for the Mega Millions.  Should I be the lucky one to hit 5, the difference of just 2X will cover what they take in taxes.  Last night, received a full refund for my loss, had (1+1) 5X = $10)

Just close your eye and pretend you are playing the Powerball, cost $2 each.  Smiley

Florida
                United States
                Member #77815
                August 1, 2009
                3460 Posts
                Posted: February 20, 2014, 9:12 am - IP Logged

Mypie, I agree. In the past I thought it was a waste of money to play the Megaplier, but we already pay $2 to play the Powerball, might as well pay $2 for the Mega Millions.  Should I be the lucky one to hit 5, the difference of just 2X will cover what they take in taxes.  Last night, received a full refund for my loss, had (1+1) 5X = $10)

Just close your eye and pretend you are playing the Powerball, cost $2 each.  Smiley

I always play the megaplier for Mega Millions.

Guess Who's Back?

Tami333's avatar - winifrid
                  Michigan
                  United States
                  Member #139344
                  February 20, 2013
                  1182 Posts
                  Posted: February 21, 2014, 10:21 pm - IP Logged

I always play the megaplier for Mega Millions.

Right on!!  "What if" always kicks in.

Tired of my own numbers & easy picks not hitting more than $7, I just started doing "Patterns on the Play slip". 

This is silly but, tonight I did balls in a straight line down for 5 picks. 

Hope I'll be yelling Yahoo or it will just be "BINGO!" LOL

Florida
                    United States
                    Member #77815
                    August 1, 2009
                    3460 Posts
                    Posted: February 22, 2014, 8:19 am - IP Logged

2 lucky players matched the first 5 numbers for a $1,000,000 prize: 1 from Pennsylvania and 1 from Virginia. Could have won $5 millionwith the megaplierwhich  was X5.

Guess Who's Back?

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                      Member #121745
                      January 16, 2012
                      4937 Posts
                      Posted: February 22, 2014, 8:23 am - IP Logged

2 lucky players matched the first 5 numbers for a $1,000,000 prize: 1 from Pennsylvania and 1 from Virginia. Could have won $5 millionwith the megaplierwhich  was X5.

Ouch!!!

J'aime La France.

Florida
                        United States
                        Member #77815
                        August 1, 2009
                        3460 Posts
                        Posted: February 22, 2014, 5:22 pm - IP Logged

Neither of the second-prize winners purchased the Megaplier for an extra $1 per ticket.  If they had, their tickets would have been worth an astonishing $5,000,000, since the Megaplier number drawn Friday evening was 5. The Megaplier offers players a chance to multiply non-jackpot prizes by the random Megaplier number drawn that evening for an extra $1 per play.

Guess Who's Back?

United States
                          Member #142157
                          May 4, 2013
                          62 Posts
                          Posted: February 22, 2014, 5:30 pm - IP Logged

California has no Megaplier.

Florida
                            United States
                            Member #77815
                            August 1, 2009
                            3460 Posts
                            Posted: February 23, 2014, 4:16 pm - IP Logged

I found this article online from 2012 and it made me rethink the annunity option:

If You Win The Mega Millions Jackpot, Don't Take The Annuity!

Yesterday, we asked readers how they'd take their lottery winnings if they won this week's Mega Millions jackpot. The choice is between a lump sum and annuity. 

Mega Millions describes the options: "Annuity option: Provides annual payments over a 26-year period.  For every $1,000,000 in the jackpot, you will receive approximately $385,000 per year before taxes. Cash option: A one-time, lump-sum payment that is equal to all the cash in the Mega Millions jackpot prize pool." 

As of press time, 88 percent of our readers would take the lump sum. But is that a smart choice? We asked Libertas Wealth Management advisor Adam Koos to give us his take, and he told us the lump sum wins by a longshot. Here's why: 

It's a smarter investment. This week's jackpot stands at $540 million, with the cash option being $389 million. Assuming a winner pays 35 percent of income tax, that comes to $252,850,000. Putting that into a super conservative portfolio—without touching the principal—that returns around 3 percent would generate a princely $7,585,500 in a year, says Koos. And if you leave this world too soon? No worries—your inheritors will still have the principal to play with. 

More control of your money. When Ohio state workers are given the choice between a reduced pension check or annuity when they retire, Koos always tells them to take the check. "You can always make up for the difference by taking the lump sum and investing," he says.  And why wait for a yearly allowance from the lottery commission—which could go out of business theoretically—to spend or donate your money? "You can't get more money if you have a cap on it," says Koos, "no matter how much you need or want to give to charity." Another note: If your spending habits suck, this won't make them better. 

You'll beat the IRS. Today's tax bracket for the ultra-rich is historically low—35 percent. The current jobs bill being proposed could hike that bracket to 39.6 percent. If that happens, get ready to pay more on your lottery payout each year. And the bracket could always go higher. "It's better to take the tax hit today, then invest the rest of the principal in various ways," says Koos. "Pay it up front while the taxes are low."

Guess Who's Back?

Florida
                              United States
                              Member #77815
                              August 1, 2009
                              3460 Posts
                              Posted: February 26, 2014, 9:23 am - IP Logged

2 lucky players matched the first 5 numbers for a $1,000,000 prize: 1 from Arizona and 1 from Maryland. The megaplier was X5 again. Both players could have won $5,000,000 if they had added the megaplier for $1.00

Guess Who's Back?

Page 6 of 13