Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 5:52 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Mega Millions $1,000,000.00 Winners Without Megaplier

Topic closed. 187 replies. Last post 2 years ago by rcbbuckeye.

Page 13 of 13
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #145267
August 1, 2013
1732 Posts
Posted: October 1, 2014, 5:02 pm - IP Logged

I would like to know how it feels to spend $1.00 and winning 1 million dollars.

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
    Member #121745
    January 16, 2012
    4987 Posts
    Posted: October 1, 2014, 6:07 pm - IP Logged

I would like to know how it feels to spend $2 and win $5 million....lol.

J'aime La France.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10392 Posts
      Posted: October 1, 2014, 7:07 pm - IP Logged

I would not like to know how it feels to lose an additional $4 million for the sake of not spending another $1.

Scared

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
        Massachusetts
        United States
        Member #37433
        April 14, 2006
        2747 Posts
        Posted: October 1, 2014, 8:04 pm - IP Logged

I would like to know how it feels to spend $2 and win $5 million....lol.

Touché!

That money's gone fo ever

GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
          NY State
          United States
          Member #92609
          June 10, 2010
          3821 Posts
          Posted: October 2, 2014, 11:56 am - IP Logged

I was wondering how all those 5+0 winners felt after passing on the megaplier.

I realize that this forum is about one year old and I'm just posting to it now.

The following is a true story; 

A man went into a convenience store in upstate New York and ordered a MM quick pick.  The clerk (she was the store owner) accidentally generated a MM QP with the megaplier.  She told the man the ticket was two dollars.  The man refused the ticket as he did not want the megaplier.  The woman apologised, and created a one dollar QP, and handed the man the new ticket.  In return, he handed her one dollar and left the store.

The woman decided not to cancel the ticket, instead she bought it with two dollars of her own money.  She hit five numbers and won two million dollars (instead of one million) by virtue of the fact that she purchased the ticket and it had the megaplier option.

The man lived on the same street as the convenience store.  How do you think he feels every time he passes that store?

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
            NY State
            United States
            Member #92609
            June 10, 2010
            3821 Posts
            Posted: October 2, 2014, 12:19 pm - IP Logged

A man went into a convenience store in upstate New York and ordered a MM quick pick.  The clerk (she was the store owner) accidentally generated a MM QP with the megaplier.  She told the man the ticket was two dollars.  The man refused the ticket as he did not want the megaplier.  The woman apologised, and created a one dollar QP, and handed the man the new ticket.  In return, he handed her one dollar and left the store.

The woman decided not to cancel the ticket, instead she bought it with two dollars of her own money.  She hit five numbers and won two million dollars (instead of one million) by virtue of the fact that she purchased the ticket and it had the megaplier option.

The man lived on the same street as the convenience store.  How do you think he feels every time he passes that store?

My aplogies, but I need to correct my post above.

The incident I described in my post happened prior to last year's MM matrix change.  The woman did not win two million dollars. She won one million dollars as opposed to the $250,000 she'd have won had the megaplier not been purchased.

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

THRIFTY's avatar - great seal_obverse.jpg
              NEW YORK
              United States
              Member #90535
              April 29, 2010
              12118 Posts
              Posted: October 2, 2014, 3:52 pm - IP Logged

He was not destined to win the lottery on that particular day. 99% of lottery players will never win a lottery jackpot in their lifetime.Some people are not destined to win a lottery jackpot not matter how long or how much they spend.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                Texas
                United States
                Member #55889
                October 23, 2007
                5767 Posts
                Posted: October 2, 2014, 7:21 pm - IP Logged

He was not destined to win the lottery on that particular day. 99% of lottery players will never win a lottery jackpot in their lifetime.Some people are not destined to win a lottery jackpot not matter how long or how much they spend.

If he had bought that ticket for $2 instead of being cheap, she would have been destined to win.

Some or most people will not win a jackpot, but again, nobody really knows for sure. How many winners have said they never thought it would happen to them?

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

Page 13 of 13