Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 8:56 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you like the idea of their being only One winner for PB/MM jackpots?

Topic closed. 67 replies. Last post 3 years ago by Drenick1.

Page 2 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
Drenick1's avatar - villiarna
USA
United States
Member #152799
February 25, 2014
1090 Posts
Posted: February 26, 2014, 4:48 pm - IP Logged

Your avatar had me fooled there Drenick1,You have the " no sharing look". - Boy am l surprised!

Don't let my avatar fool you as I'm actually a very nice person . I only chose it because it was also a blonde.

Drenick1's avatar - villiarna
    USA
    United States
    Member #152799
    February 25, 2014
    1090 Posts
    Posted: February 26, 2014, 4:50 pm - IP Logged

No problem with one winner on $350 Million/185 million cash......If I had to split the 185 cash three ways...61.66 Million...minus $24 million in fed taxes...leaving me roughly $37 million ??...BEAUTIFUL !!!! works for me Thumbs Up

Like minds think alike! Thumbs Up

spartan1707's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
      Tucson
      United States
      Member #119762
      December 2, 2011
      81 Posts
      Posted: February 26, 2014, 5:02 pm - IP Logged

Why yes....I've yet to hear that a bunch of winners are giving away any money so me-me-me-me...don't do pools or join in with friends. ME!

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
        Bay Area - California
        United States
        Member #136477
        December 12, 2012
        4103 Posts
        Posted: February 26, 2014, 6:02 pm - IP Logged

Noise-gate, here is another part of the question, "how long have some of you been playing the lottery for that big win" .  For me, it's been about 17 years, I will take what I can get.

Precisely. I am reminded of what someone once told me,they said if you fortunate enough to win the lottery, view the prize as " money you did not have to begin with". For example if you wagered $10.00 or whatever currency you dealing with, and your returns on your investment is 20 million whatever- why complain that you were " aiming for the 100 million".. dude, you won!
        I am still waiting to bump into an individual who would tell me " l will gladly give back this $10 mil so that l could TRY for the $200 mil"..

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
          Bay Area - California
          United States
          Member #136477
          December 12, 2012
          4103 Posts
          Posted: February 26, 2014, 6:04 pm - IP Logged

Don't let my avatar fool you as I'm actually a very nice person . I only chose it because it was also a blonde.

I believe you when you say you a nice person. Its nice to be nice.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
            Zeta Reticuli Star System
            United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10345 Posts
            Posted: February 26, 2014, 6:10 pm - IP Logged

Depending on the size of the jackpot I hope that if I hit it someone else does too.

When it gets into the hundreds of millions does anyindividual really need that kind of money?

//

Drenick1,

I keep thinking you're justxploring. She hasn't posted in a while but the avatar throws me off. Probably a few othere, too.

She has a wild sense of humor. In a thread about remaining anonymous or not (one of many such threads!) she concoted a scenario where a jackpot winner sued the lottery so they could remain anonymous- won - and became famopus for winning a case about their right to remaon anonymous!

Green laugh

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19816 Posts
              Posted: February 26, 2014, 6:29 pm - IP Logged

Especially when the jackpot goes into the $350million and above?
              Personally: l don't mind a 2,3 way split.
              Consider the following Solo winners: Gloria, Pedro, Chan in San Jose- the mystery winner in Milpitas.
              What's so bad about splitting the jackpot?
              Thoughts?

*Have a good Hump Day people.

Ohio Super Lotto was very successful years ago and some people thought its jackpots were too much for only one winner so they limited the amount one ticket could win and players stop playing. 

There could be a hundred winners if a hundred players had the winning combination but as long as only one player comes up with winning combination I see nothing wrong with one player winning it all.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
                Economy class
                Belgium
                Member #123700
                February 27, 2012
                4035 Posts
                Posted: February 26, 2014, 6:45 pm - IP Logged

The way that I am thinking, a lotto game is successful when the payout for the lower ranks is much much higher than what you can actually find. The Mega Millions is a horror to me. Also expensive games are horrific. I like the All or nothing game in Texas, but seriously, I prefer to play for 50 cents a combination and win less.

Saylorgirl's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
                  Indiana
                  United States
                  Member #129225
                  June 13, 2012
                  546 Posts
                  Posted: February 26, 2014, 7:07 pm - IP Logged

Ohio Super Lotto was very successful years ago and some people thought its jackpots were too much for only one winner so they limited the amount one ticket could win and players stop playing. 

There could be a hundred winners if a hundred players had the winning combination but as long as only one player comes up with winning combination I see nothing wrong with one player winning it all.

I used to play that jackpot in Ohio you had the lottery before we did in Indiana.  That is when I quit playing when they capped it.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19816 Posts
                    Posted: February 26, 2014, 7:17 pm - IP Logged

I used to play that jackpot in Ohio you had the lottery before we did in Indiana.  That is when I quit playing when they capped it.

It even had some big winners from your state as well as Pennsylvania and Kentucky and all of the out of state players stop playing when they cap it and it never recovered.  Shortly there after the other states had PowerBall and BigGame and Ohioans started going out of state to play them.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Piaceri's avatar - sarsony1
                      Republic of Texas
                      United States
                      Member #57557
                      January 9, 2008
                      1095 Posts
                      Posted: February 26, 2014, 7:38 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for responding Saylogirl- but let me ask this " how have your dreams panned out thus far in bagging the jackpot ?
                      There are those players who only get into the race when the jackpot rises above $200 mil, but l am willing to bet " soup for nuts" that if they won $50mil- they would not be walking around with a sad look on their faces.
                      The question ultimately is " what is enough? "
                      Now if your 15 bedroom, 5 garage home is in foreclosure...l think l would understand.

Personally, I play for the whole jackpot and would prefer to be a single winner regardless of the jackpot amount. Not that I would be unhappy with a split jackpot, but I'd be happier with the whole thing. I consider it more fun when one person wins the big jackpots.

But see, here's what is wrong with threads like this. You spread the wealth and cap the wealth types ask these leading questions and when people give you the set up answer, you bully and demean them for their answer. You ask "what is enough?". You insult the poster with comments like "Now if your 15 bedroom, 5 garage home is in foreclosure...". You are a mean person and you enjoy trying to make people feel bad about wanting to win large jackpots as a single winner. Tell me, why are you even playing the lottery? In hopes of helping others to win? I'm sure the winners love your contributions.

Now what will you attempt to bully or demean me with? 

And I ask you what's so bad about a single winner jackpot?

face

singlewinnersinglewinnersinglewinner   

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
                        Mcminnville, Oregon
                        United States
                        Member #3013
                        December 13, 2003
                        3047 Posts
                        Posted: February 26, 2014, 7:51 pm - IP Logged

If I win powerball tonight I do not want to share since it is $50 million.  But if I hit mega millions on friday night I could see myself sharing the jackpot and be fine with it.-weshar75

US Flag

Bay Area - California
                          United States
                          Member #136477
                          December 12, 2012
                          4103 Posts
                          Posted: February 26, 2014, 9:03 pm - IP Logged

Personally, I play for the whole jackpot and would prefer to be a single winner regardless of the jackpot amount. Not that I would be unhappy with a split jackpot, but I'd be happier with the whole thing. I consider it more fun when one person wins the big jackpots.

But see, here's what is wrong with threads like this. You spread the wealth and cap the wealth types ask these leading questions and when people give you the set up answer, you bully and demean them for their answer. You ask "what is enough?". You insult the poster with comments like "Now if your 15 bedroom, 5 garage home is in foreclosure...". You are a mean person and you enjoy trying to make people feel bad about wanting to win large jackpots as a single winner. Tell me, why are you even playing the lottery? In hopes of helping others to win? I'm sure the winners love your contributions.

Now what will you attempt to bully or demean me with? 

And I ask you what's so bad about a single winner jackpot?

Perhaps you forgetting that this is a " Discussion Forum" Piaceri, meaning people are entitled to Opinions. By your remarks, you suggesting that l should not have an Opinion.That once a person posts something, that should be the end of it?.. are you forgetting something?- we in a discussion Forum.

By the way-No one is stopping you from winning the jackpot all by yourself, please go ahead and give it your best shot. As for insulting a poster with comments like " Now if your 15 bedroom, 5 garage home is in foreclosure"... you probably don't see the humor in many of my posts, but that's fine, some people " get it" the first time round.

As for being mean- l think not.Mean people are not afraid to SPLIT a jackpot because they realize that money does not bring true happiness.

Attempt to bully or demean you?- why should l. l told you, l am not mean.

No one said that a single winner to a jackpot is bad- no one chooses to be the " only winner".

** Go in Peace.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                            Texas
                            United States
                            Member #55889
                            October 23, 2007
                            5588 Posts
                            Posted: February 26, 2014, 9:13 pm - IP Logged

I'm ok with one winner no matter what the jackpot is. Fact is, people don't get too excited about smaller jackpots. That's what the state games are for. Also, there are the second prizes of $1 million on PB and MM.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

Bay Area - California
                              United States
                              Member #136477
                              December 12, 2012
                              4103 Posts
                              Posted: February 26, 2014, 9:23 pm - IP Logged

I'm ok with one winner no matter what the jackpot is. Fact is, people don't get too excited about smaller jackpots. That's what the state games are for. Also, there are the second prizes of $1 million on PB and MM.

The post says " when it goes over the $300 mil plus mark" l have no problem splitting the jackpot. Everyone l think plays to win it all, we have no control over how it plays out, what l was doing was expressing an opinion.