Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 3:33 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you like the idea of their being only One winner for PB/MM jackpots?

Topic closed. 67 replies. Last post 3 years ago by Drenick1.

Page 4 of 5
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #128790
June 2, 2012
5431 Posts
Posted: February 27, 2014, 1:04 am - IP Logged

Ever so now and then l will mispell a word to see if some can catch it... looks like you did. Which begs the question- Why are you following me around again?

What could you possibly want?

I don't follow you around, but I do peruse through the many threads here, and everytime I see you stick your foot in your mouth, I make you aware of it, and that's what pisses you off.

Deal with it.

mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
    Texas Panhandle
    United States
    Member #136843
    December 20, 2012
    1270 Posts
    Posted: February 27, 2014, 1:09 am - IP Logged

My pleasure, Saylorgirl. I love to see the giant jackpots go to single winners. Yes Nod Little jackpots, too. Singlewinnersinglewinnersinglewinner! Dance

I have a close knit family and a single ticket winner is a winner for myself, my sisters, our parents, and our kids. There is nothing selfish or wrong about that.

I Agree!  I don't begrudge anyone their winnings, but I *want* to win it all...and that's not saying I wouldn't be happy splitting a JP, but I'd rather win it all.

A people that elect corrupt politicians, impostors, thieves and traitors are not victims...but accomplices.
     - George Orwell

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
      Bay Area - California
      United States
      Member #136477
      December 12, 2012
      4106 Posts
      Posted: February 27, 2014, 1:12 am - IP Logged

I don't follow you around, but I do peruse through the many threads here, and everytime I see you stick your foot in your mouth, I make you aware of it, and that's what pisses you off.

Deal with it.

You do follow me around like some mongrel pup. l Told you once before that l am embedded in your head, you probably finding it extremely difficult to extricate me from your cranium, you need help, yet here you are again.

For the Love of God- Just Go away, you becoming a Virus.

United States
        Member #128790
        June 2, 2012
        5431 Posts
        Posted: February 27, 2014, 1:35 am - IP Logged

You do follow me around like some mongrel pup. l Told you once before that l am embedded in your head, you probably finding it extremely difficult to extricate me from your cranium, you need help, yet here you are again.

For the Love of God- Just Go away, you becoming a Virus.

Your threads are a virus. Endless and pointless crap about what to do if someone wins. As long as you keep posting these idiotic threads, I'll be here to remind you how pathetic they are.

You're not gonna win a major JP. DUH !

HELLO ! anyone home?

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
          TX
          United States
          Member #121193
          January 4, 2012
          1637 Posts
          Posted: February 27, 2014, 9:22 am - IP Logged

I Agree!  I don't begrudge anyone their winnings, but I *want* to win it all...and that's not saying I wouldn't be happy splitting a JP, but I'd rather win it all.

Mike, I would have to agree with you on this. Depending on the person(s) that won and their ideas on it's usage(or not) could impact quite a few people. Multiple winners does not guarantee generosity or good deeds either. When it's my turn to win(good Lord permitting) I will definitely make sure to financially impact on a number of family/close associates lives. One particular goal with a jackpot win of this size for me would to purchase our returning wounded vets those trak vehicles and become involved with that charity.

Stay Positive, Believe and good things will come your way

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
            Los Angeles, California
            United States
            Member #103813
            January 5, 2011
            1530 Posts
            Posted: February 27, 2014, 9:35 am - IP Logged

l used to be in a forum of a totally different topic to this one for years Piaceri, so this is not my first rodeo.

l do not start trouble nor do l attack people, unless attacked first. l engage in conversation or discussions with people in this forum and my intent is never to come off as a know it all.l will be the first to say that l am a novice when it comes to gambling especially charts,predictions, wheels etc, so when l throw my 2 cents into the ring, l absorb what the responses are from others who are soaked in the game because this is how l learn.If you don't ask, you will never know.

l post lots of questions because this gives me insight into how people think.My posts are never meant to belittle people, its the direct opposite ( l think) - by engaging persons in a discussion.My responses may at times seem to come across as " bullying".. but they not.l think at times some have misinterpreted that and maybe that is why l have had a " run in" with some of the folk in here from time to time.For clarification -l do not consider this a " run in" with you nonetheless.

So to clarify once again: it is not my intention to bully people who do not agree with me.Fair enough?

l post lots of questions because this gives me insight into how people think.My posts are never meant to belittle people, its the direct opposite ( l think) - by engaging persons in a discussion.My responses may at times seem to come across as " bullying".. but they not.

This is very revealing... Wink

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
              Bay Area - California
              United States
              Member #136477
              December 12, 2012
              4106 Posts
              Posted: February 27, 2014, 12:15 pm - IP Logged

Your threads are a virus. Endless and pointless crap about what to do if someone wins. As long as you keep posting these idiotic threads, I'll be here to remind you how pathetic they are.

You're not gonna win a major JP. DUH !

HELLO ! anyone home?

I can see how my threads are a " virus"- they have infected you ..big time! You constantly on the prowl looking for my Crap.
              I am humbled to  know that you find my crap appealing since your response suggests that you will be tracking  my crap & responding to it.
              I try at all times to deliver good crap-thanks for making my day.

mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
                Texas Panhandle
                United States
                Member #136843
                December 20, 2012
                1270 Posts
                Posted: February 27, 2014, 4:40 pm - IP Logged

Mike, I would have to agree with you on this. Depending on the person(s) that won and their ideas on it's usage(or not) could impact quite a few people. Multiple winners does not guarantee generosity or good deeds either. When it's my turn to win(good Lord permitting) I will definitely make sure to financially impact on a number of family/close associates lives. One particular goal with a jackpot win of this size for me would to purchase our returning wounded vets those trak vehicles and become involved with that charity.

There are some things I'd want to buy w/ a huge JP, but I'd certainly want to do something good w/ the money, too.  I don't have a lot of family and am not close to some of them, but I do have some younger kinfolk who could use help w/ college. (as a bonus, education and medical expenses are not subject to the gift tax) I'd also like to help our vets in need...and speaking of such, I heard about this last night: Gary Sinise Treats Wounded Veterans to Hollywood Trip. It's going to be featured in a program just before the Oscar broadcast. (I'll watch it, but not the Oscars)  Sinise is my fav. actor, not b/c of his talent, but b/c of the things he does for our folks in the military.

A people that elect corrupt politicians, impostors, thieves and traitors are not victims...but accomplices.
                 - George Orwell

mightwin's avatar - questns

United States
                  Member #103786
                  January 5, 2011
                  486 Posts
                  Posted: February 27, 2014, 6:17 pm - IP Logged

The powerball website says there have been over a thousand second place prize winners in the past two years or so. That's alot of winners getting a decent amount of money, so one winner is better for the jackpot. Leave the multiple winners for 2nd place.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                    Texas
                    United States
                    Member #55889
                    October 23, 2007
                    5592 Posts
                    Posted: February 27, 2014, 8:24 pm - IP Logged

The powerball website says there have been over a thousand second place prize winners in the past two years or so. That's alot of winners getting a decent amount of money, so one winner is better for the jackpot. Leave the multiple winners for 2nd place.

Over a thousand million dollar winners in the past two years???

I don't think so.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

mypiemaster's avatar - 2015021003pileofcash
                      JACKPOT HUNTER

United States
                      Member #141034
                      April 2, 2013
                      1408 Posts
                      Posted: February 27, 2014, 8:37 pm - IP Logged

When I win the jackpot, it better be just one winner.

Seek and ye shall find -Matt. 7:7 ...Ask and ye shall receive -John 16:24 ...Give and it shall be given unto you -Luke 6:38 ...Be careful what you ask for!!! -Mypiemaster 1:1

Having Money Solves Problems That Not Having Money Creates Yes Nod ****John Carlton****

mightwin's avatar - questns

United States
                        Member #103786
                        January 5, 2011
                        486 Posts
                        Posted: February 27, 2014, 8:53 pm - IP Logged

Over a thousand million dollar winners in the past two years???

I don't think so.

so far in February I counted 56 second place winners,so yeah over 2 years that probably does add up over a thousand winners

LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
                          Happyland
                          United States
                          Member #146344
                          September 1, 2013
                          1129 Posts
                          Posted: February 27, 2014, 9:14 pm - IP Logged

so far in February I counted 56 second place winners,so yeah over 2 years that probably does add up over a thousand winners

They've also sold over 4 billion tickets.

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
                          If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

2016: -48.28% (13 tickets) ||
                          P&L % = Total Win($)/Total Wager($) - 1

Jill34786's avatar - Lottery-006.jpg
                            Windermere, FL/Franklin, TN
                            United States
                            Member #50210
                            March 1, 2007
                            843 Posts
                            Posted: February 27, 2014, 9:34 pm - IP Logged

Powerball fudged their numbers slightly. If you add in January,2014 (21) and February, 2014 (52) 2nd-prize winners to the 2012/2013 totals then it hits 1006.

(473) 2nd prize winners in 2013

(460) 2nd prize winners in 2012

Top 3 month with 2nd prize winners the past 2-years:

(99) November, 2012

(92) May, 2013

(57) March, 2013

Top 3 drawings with 2nd prize winners the past 2-years:

(66) 11-28-2012

(33)  5-18-2013

(29)  8-07-2013

** Some people fulfill their dreams by receiving entitlements from the Government while others wake up and work hard for it! **

Bay Area - California
                              United States
                              Member #136477
                              December 12, 2012
                              4106 Posts
                              Posted: February 27, 2014, 9:39 pm - IP Logged

That's a lot of tickets- the majority of them ended up in the round file.

* l like this piece " If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?"

That is why l do not believe in Fate- If you were in a vehicle that plunged off a bridge and ended up in the water- do you say " Well, l guess this is the way l was destined to buy the farm, no need to try and save myself!"