Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 8:15 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you like the idea of their being only One winner for PB/MM jackpots?

Topic closed. 67 replies. Last post 3 years ago by Drenick1.

Page 3 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
Republic of Texas
United States
Member #57557
January 9, 2008
1095 Posts
Posted: February 26, 2014, 9:34 pm - IP Logged

Perhaps you forgetting that this is a " Discussion Forum" Piaceri, meaning people are entitled to Opinions. By your remarks, you suggesting that l should not have an Opinion.That once a person posts something, that should be the end of it?.. are you forgetting something?- we in a discussion Forum.

By the way-No one is stopping you from winning the jackpot all by yourself, please go ahead and give it your best shot. As for insulting a poster with comments like " Now if your 15 bedroom, 5 garage home is in foreclosure"... you probably don't see the humor in many of my posts, but that's fine, some people " get it" the first time round.

As for being mean- l think not.Mean people are not afraid to SPLIT a jackpot because they realize that money does not bring true happiness.

Attempt to bully or demean you?- why should l. l told you, l am not mean.

No one said that a single winner to a jackpot is bad- no one chooses to be the " only winner".

** Go in Peace.

So if this is a "discussion" in truth, why would you make comments to Saylorgirl like

"how have your dreams panned out thus far in bagging the jackpot?" 

"The question ultimately is " what is enough? " 
Now if your 15 bedroom, 5 garage home is in foreclosure...l think l would understand."

Saylorgirl was not the first response, but she was the first response to say she likes the big jackpots and the single winner. Others answered previously, and since, but gave your apparently approved answer of sharing the jackpot-the more the merrier. Why make comments like these if not to pick on the first person who likes single winners? Everyone else you responded fairly positively and did not question their luck or their motive, so your response to Saylorgirl just did not sit right with me. Even at one point you mention 'selfish' - not in reference to Saylorgirl, but in reference to another possibly wanting a single winner. Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but your response had some malice to it.

You say this is about opinion, yet Saylorgirl has a right to an opinion, too, and her opinion is that she likes big jackpots and single winners. Your headline question was "Do you like the idea of there (sic) being only one winner for PB/MM jackpot" which you clarified in your opening comment "Especially when the jackpot goes into the $350 million and above". You asked what others' opinions were, not if they agreed with your opinion.

So, maybe you are a nice guy, noise-gate. I don't know you. I'm a nice gal. You don't know me. I don't like bullies and I'll stand up to them whenever I see a need. If that was not your intent, I apologize for being so bold. My intentions are good.

face

singlewinnersinglewinnersinglewinner   

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
    Bay Area - California
    United States
    Member #136477
    December 12, 2012
    4146 Posts
    Posted: February 26, 2014, 9:40 pm - IP Logged

So, maybe you are a nice guy, noise-gate....  I am, my wife swears to it.

I don't know you. I'm a nice gal.: l believe you.

You don't know me. True.

I don't like bullies and I'll stand up to them whenever I see a need.- Cool, so do l.

If that was not your intent, I apologize for being so bold.- Apologies accepted.

My intentions are good.- You walking with Angels Now....!!!!

Republic of Texas
      United States
      Member #57557
      January 9, 2008
      1095 Posts
      Posted: February 26, 2014, 9:46 pm - IP Logged

So, maybe you are a nice guy, noise-gate....  I am, my wife swears to it.

I don't know you. I'm a nice gal.: l believe you.

You don't know me. True.

I don't like bullies and I'll stand up to them whenever I see a need.- Cool, so do l.

If that was not your intent, I apologize for being so bold.- Apologies accepted.

My intentions are good.- You walking with Angels Now....!!!!

Just clarifying... it is not your intent to bully people who don't agree with you, who don't share your preference for multiple winners?

face

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
        Texas
        United States
        Member #55889
        October 23, 2007
        5770 Posts
        Posted: February 26, 2014, 9:59 pm - IP Logged

The post says " when it goes over the $300 mil plus mark" l have no problem splitting the jackpot. Everyone l think plays to win it all, we have no control over how it plays out, what l was doing was expressing an opinion.

Well hell, didn't you want everyone to express an opinion? That's all I was doing. Sorry to bother you.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

Saylorgirl's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
          Indiana
          United States
          Member #129225
          June 13, 2012
          546 Posts
          Posted: February 26, 2014, 10:14 pm - IP Logged

So if this is a "discussion" in truth, why would you make comments to Saylorgirl like

"how have your dreams panned out thus far in bagging the jackpot?" 

"The question ultimately is " what is enough? " 
          Now if your 15 bedroom, 5 garage home is in foreclosure...l think l would understand."

Saylorgirl was not the first response, but she was the first response to say she likes the big jackpots and the single winner. Others answered previously, and since, but gave your apparently approved answer of sharing the jackpot-the more the merrier. Why make comments like these if not to pick on the first person who likes single winners? Everyone else you responded fairly positively and did not question their luck or their motive, so your response to Saylorgirl just did not sit right with me. Even at one point you mention 'selfish' - not in reference to Saylorgirl, but in reference to another possibly wanting a single winner. Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but your response had some malice to it.

You say this is about opinion, yet Saylorgirl has a right to an opinion, too, and her opinion is that she likes big jackpots and single winners. Your headline question was "Do you like the idea of there (sic) being only one winner for PB/MM jackpot" which you clarified in your opening comment "Especially when the jackpot goes into the $350 million and above". You asked what others' opinions were, not if they agreed with your opinion.

So, maybe you are a nice guy, noise-gate. I don't know you. I'm a nice gal. You don't know me. I don't like bullies and I'll stand up to them whenever I see a need. If that was not your intent, I apologize for being so bold. My intentions are good.

Thank you Piaceri!  I appreciate your comments.  I do prefer to be the single winner of a jackpot, I prefer to win a large jackpot not a small one. 

My dreams are fine, thank you.  And who is to say how much money is enough?  Some people are fine with a small amount some of us want it all.  And my home is definatly not in foreclosure.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
            Bay Area - California
            United States
            Member #136477
            December 12, 2012
            4146 Posts
            Posted: February 26, 2014, 10:14 pm - IP Logged

Just clarifying... it is not your intent to bully people who don't agree with you, who don't share your preference for multiple winners?

l used to be in a forum of a totally different topic to this one for years Piaceri, so this is not my first rodeo.

l do not start trouble nor do l attack people, unless attacked first. l engage in conversation or discussions with people in this forum and my intent is never to come off as a know it all.l will be the first to say that l am a novice when it comes to gambling especially charts,predictions, wheels etc, so when l throw my 2 cents into the ring, l absorb what the responses are from others who are soaked in the game because this is how l learn.If you don't ask, you will never know.

l post lots of questions because this gives me insight into how people think.My posts are never meant to belittle people, its the direct opposite ( l think) - by engaging persons in a discussion.My responses may at times seem to come across as " bullying".. but they not.l think at times some have misinterpreted that and maybe that is why l have had a " run in" with some of the folk in here from time to time.For clarification -l do not consider this a " run in" with you nonetheless.

So to clarify once again: it is not my intention to bully people who do not agree with me.Fair enough?

Portland, OR
              United States
              Member #145973
              August 20, 2013
              226 Posts
              Posted: February 26, 2014, 10:17 pm - IP Logged

Single winner; no split.  Taxes are enough already.

"Understand... people are more complicated than the masks they wear in society... everyone is playing to win, and some people will use moral justifications to advance their side"

Robert Greene

Bay Area - California
                United States
                Member #136477
                December 12, 2012
                4146 Posts
                Posted: February 26, 2014, 10:18 pm - IP Logged

How close?

Portland, OR
                  United States
                  Member #145973
                  August 20, 2013
                  226 Posts
                  Posted: February 26, 2014, 10:26 pm - IP Logged

You mean my signature?  See below.  Only $150.  Drawing results:  11 · 20 · 30 · 34 · 38 Mega Ball: 12

"Understand... people are more complicated than the masks they wear in society... everyone is playing to win, and some people will use moral justifications to advance their side"

Robert Greene

Republic of Texas
                    United States
                    Member #57557
                    January 9, 2008
                    1095 Posts
                    Posted: February 26, 2014, 10:38 pm - IP Logged

l used to be in a forum of a totally different topic to this one for years Piaceri, so this is not my first rodeo.

l do not start trouble nor do l attack people, unless attacked first. l engage in conversation or discussions with people in this forum and my intent is never to come off as a know it all.l will be the first to say that l am a novice when it comes to gambling especially charts,predictions, wheels etc, so when l throw my 2 cents into the ring, l absorb what the responses are from others who are soaked in the game because this is how l learn.If you don't ask, you will never know.

l post lots of questions because this gives me insight into how people think.My posts are never meant to belittle people, its the direct opposite ( l think) - by engaging persons in a discussion.My responses may at times seem to come across as " bullying".. but they not.l think at times some have misinterpreted that and maybe that is why l have had a " run in" with some of the folk in here from time to time.For clarification -l do not consider this a " run in" with you nonetheless.

So to clarify once again: it is not my intention to bully people who do not agree with me.Fair enough?

Fair enough. Thumbs Up

face

Republic of Texas
                      United States
                      Member #57557
                      January 9, 2008
                      1095 Posts
                      Posted: February 26, 2014, 10:42 pm - IP Logged

Thank you Piaceri!  I appreciate your comments.  I do prefer to be the single winner of a jackpot, I prefer to win a large jackpot not a small one. 

My dreams are fine, thank you.  And who is to say how much money is enough?  Some people are fine with a small amount some of us want it all.  And my home is definatly not in foreclosure.

My pleasure, Saylorgirl. I love to see the giant jackpots go to single winners. Yes Nod Little jackpots, too. Singlewinnersinglewinnersinglewinner! Dance

I have a close knit family and a single ticket winner is a winner for myself, my sisters, our parents, and our kids. There is nothing selfish or wrong about that.

face

Bay Area - California
                        United States
                        Member #136477
                        December 12, 2012
                        4146 Posts
                        Posted: February 27, 2014, 12:35 am - IP Logged

You mean my signature?  See below.  Only $150.  Drawing results:  11 · 20 · 30 · 34 · 38 Mega Ball: 12

Well One Day!

Bay Area - California
                          United States
                          Member #136477
                          December 12, 2012
                          4146 Posts
                          Posted: February 27, 2014, 12:40 am - IP Logged

Whoa- looks like it did not take long for the Sumatran Rat Monkeys to show up, and to think l did not mention any specific names..well there you have it.

United States
                            Member #128790
                            June 2, 2012
                            5431 Posts
                            Posted: February 27, 2014, 12:51 am - IP Logged

Whoa- looks like it did not take long for the Sumatran Rat Monkeys to show up, and to think l did not mention any specific names..well there you have it.

Even a baby Ape can be taught to use the word "there' instead of "their" appropriately after months and years of training using computers and symbols.

Foot in mouth syndrome?, AGAIN !

Hypocrisy !

Bay Area - California
                              United States
                              Member #136477
                              December 12, 2012
                              4146 Posts
                              Posted: February 27, 2014, 1:00 am - IP Logged

Ever so now and then l will mispell a word to see if some can catch it... looks like you did. Which begs the question- Why are you following me around again?

What could you possibly want?