Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 7:25 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Huge update to Lottery Post complete

Topic closed. 103 replies. Last post 3 years ago by lottoburg.

Page 3 of 7
PrintE-mailLink
Lindalu711's avatar - anneliese
Los Angeles County, Ca.
United States
Member #128513
May 26, 2012
2261 Posts
Posted: May 7, 2014, 12:24 am - IP Logged

If you can give me the operating system version and browser version you were trying on your old PC I can do some tests to see if it's supported.

Thanks Todd,

My computer uses Windows XP and Internet Explorer 8

Any info is helpful.

Thanks again,

Lindalu

plshelpme's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg

United States
    Member #62239
    June 21, 2008
    24951 Posts
    Posted: May 7, 2014, 5:55 am - IP Logged

Thanks Todd for ALL of your hard work & dedication~ Drum

*pls*

Marilyn222's avatar - thumb 350-286546.jpg
      Denver
      United States
      Member #117684
      October 12, 2011
      552 Posts
      Posted: May 7, 2014, 6:37 am - IP Logged

Well, I just completely a major upgrade of Lottery Post, and I'm just pleased as punch that everything installed correctly and there were no major problems in bringing the site back up.  According to my statistics, the site was only down for 3 minutes.  Whew!

If you're typing a new reply or message, you'll notice right away that the editor is much different.  I posted a very detailed explanation about the new text editor on the forums last week, and you can find it here

In addition to the new text editor, there is a ton of new stuff that I packed in this update.  Here goes:

• For all the people writing to me and posting about the absence of their favorite lottery results display on the Internet, I have added a new lottery results calendar display.  Currently it can be used for Pick 3, Pick 4, and Quinto games.  Click on the game name wherever you see a game popup menu, and select Lottery Results Calendar from the menu.  Or, go to your state's main results page (from the Results menu at the top), and you'll see new Calendar options next to the numbers games.  It should work much like you're used to.  Like all results pages at Lottery Post, free members can see up to one year of past results, and premium members can see everything.
      • For those looking for the All/Mostly In or Out Filters, they have been added to the Inspector 3, Inspector 4, and Positional Wheels pages.  (The filter was previously only on the Deflate system.)
      • There is a new very addictive online game available, called 2048.  Smartphone and tablet users may have played this game before -- it's one of the most popular games around right now.  So now you can play it in your web browser!  Here it is.
      • There is also a new Games page that holds all the online games available (just 2048 and Sudoku right now).
      • There is a new Image Manager for premium members to upload and manage their images.  You'll find a whole lot more functionality compared to the old version.
      • The Prize Payouts pages now show the odds of winning various prize levels for many games.  I'll continue adding odds for games over time -- just a lot of work to track down and calculate, but I'll keep at it until they're done.  (It might take a bit of time!)  Also, for prizes that have a non-monetary value (like a free ticket), the prize page will show the description of the prize (again, like "Free ticket") instead of $0.  Like the odds calculations, it will take some time to track down and update all the prizes, but eventually they'll all display correctly.
      • Forum pages in which you can go the previous or next page are now programmed with the latest browser technology in order to speed up the time it takes to go the the next or previous page.  Browsers that support this technology include the latest Chrome browser, IE11, and I think the latest Firefox browser.  The way it works is when you're looking at a forum page -- maybe you're on page 11 of a thread -- if there is a page 10 (which would be the previous page) or a page 12 (which would be the next page), the browser will "secretly" loads both of those pages in the background, so if you go back or forward one page, it will come up almost instantly.  So the next time you go to the next or previous page in the forums, take note of how quickly it goes (assuming you're using IE11, Chrome, or Firefox).
      • There's a ton of little things that have been updated too.  You might notice little things here and there.
      • Finally, as I mentioned in my other post from last week, this was an extremely important update for the technology platform that Lottery Post runs on.  I am truly relieved that the update was uneventful, as it could have gone a lot more bumpy.  It's a great thing for the long-term viability of the site when I can do a major technology upgrade like this.

Well done! Thank you.

White Bounce

HEHATEME's avatar - animated sphere.gif
        LANGUAGE OF NUMBERS
        United States
        Member #100491
        November 12, 2010
        1725 Posts
        Posted: May 7, 2014, 7:26 am - IP Logged

Thumbs Up LOOKING  GOOD AND I LIKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

High frequency* 06-24-08-26-28-46-15-35-37-19-39-57-17*

low frequency *20-04-68-13-59-79

Compliments of daily king* 99% of the time(0-1-5-8-9**00*11*55*88*99 (99% THEY WILL SHOW)59*58*51*89*19*90*80*10*50*81*PAIR WITH*2*3*4*6*7**22*33*44*66*77**23*24*26*27* CONSECUTIVES*01*12*23*34*45*56*67*78*89*

ODDS 13*15*17*19*35*37*39*11*33*55*77*99* 

EVENS* 02*04*06*08*24*26*28*46*48*68*00*22*44*66*88*

MIRRORS* 05*16*27*38*49* 

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
          Bay Area - California
          United States
          Member #136477
          December 12, 2012
          4105 Posts
          Posted: May 7, 2014, 10:43 am - IP Logged

As an  ENCORE Todd !!

rudy22's avatar - nw shadow.jpg
            Raleigh, NC
            United States
            Member #117456
            October 6, 2011
            599 Posts
            Posted: May 7, 2014, 11:21 am - IP Logged

Todd,

I like the upgrades. But since I'm not an upgraded member, the full calendar can't be seen. Ads cover half of the calendars on my smartphone. I did not have that problem on the other site. Plus, now we have to pay on here for the data we got for free on the other site. Glad I printed out all of our calendars for Pick 3 and Pick 4 before they vanished. But it would ne nice to do everything on one site. Thanks for all you do.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
              Chief Bottle Washer
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #1
              May 31, 2000
              23260 Posts
              Posted: May 7, 2014, 12:09 pm - IP Logged

Todd,

I like the upgrades. But since I'm not an upgraded member, the full calendar can't be seen. Ads cover half of the calendars on my smartphone. I did not have that problem on the other site. Plus, now we have to pay on here for the data we got for free on the other site. Glad I printed out all of our calendars for Pick 3 and Pick 4 before they vanished. But it would ne nice to do everything on one site. Thanks for all you do.

I guess you should become a premium member then.  Members who support the site get to see everything.  Those who don't see the past 1 year of results.  I think that's fair.

Comparing what LP does to another site is pretty ridiculous, considering the other site doesn't show anything but an error message right now.  LP has been going strong for 15 years.  I think the other site should be worried about a comparison, not LP.

I agree there is a formatting problem with phones right now.  Hopefully that will get fixed soon.  The page is brand new so there will certainly be bugs, but I try to fix them as they are reported to me.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
              What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
              Help eliminate computerized drawings!

rudy22's avatar - nw shadow.jpg
                Raleigh, NC
                United States
                Member #117456
                October 6, 2011
                599 Posts
                Posted: May 7, 2014, 1:04 pm - IP Logged

I have been a paying member before, but I still had to go to the other site to complete my reasearch. One thing I use frequently is the search winning number feature. Hopefully, you will add that soon. Maybe I will join again.

jimjwright's avatar - Yellow 3.png
                  Park City, UT
                  United States
                  Member #69864
                  January 18, 2009
                  993 Posts
                  Posted: May 7, 2014, 3:06 pm - IP Logged

I have been a paying member before, but I still had to go to the other site to complete my reasearch. One thing I use frequently is the search winning number feature. Hopefully, you will add that soon. Maybe I will join again.

I am a premium member and I able to search past draws.

Chief Bottle Washer
                    New Jersey
                    United States
                    Member #1
                    May 31, 2000
                    23260 Posts
                    Posted: May 7, 2014, 3:34 pm - IP Logged

Thanks jimjwright, exactly right.  I think some people have not fully explored all the various options available to them.

Chief Bottle Washer
                      New Jersey
                      United States
                      Member #1
                      May 31, 2000
                      23260 Posts
                      Posted: May 7, 2014, 3:38 pm - IP Logged

THANK YOU Chief  !Now we have an EXCEPTIONAL Loterry website .

note-i do have BIG  problem typing(the typing cursor moves to left starting position always and i can't type .it types backwards ??) -i am on Mac /safari .

I typed this in another window and pasted it here.

I'm typing this on a Mac with Safari right now.  It's working perfectly.

I would suggest that you need to clear your browser cache to be sure you are getting all the new code.

TO ANYONE EXPERIENCING PROBLEMS:  This is and always has been the very first thing to try if you experience problems.  There is a detailed article in the Help forum that gives this advice and shows how to do it.

Igamble's avatar - spider
                        nj
                        United States
                        Member #145657
                        August 10, 2013
                        974 Posts
                        Posted: May 7, 2014, 4:19 pm - IP Logged

ok I just did it .No change yet. I'm sure  like you mentioned earlier it's just glitches that will b resolved as time goes on.

GaBroke's avatar - profile photo-dsgbmilkk-96x96.jpg?1381094511
                          Milledgeville, Ga
                          United States
                          Member #131239
                          August 6, 2012
                          1343 Posts
                          Posted: May 7, 2014, 4:58 pm - IP Logged

preicate it Tood! When will we get an app for anidroid or iphones?

"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal." 
                          Let Today Be Our BIG Pay Day!!!

Ga_Broke

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                            Member #4877
                            May 30, 2004
                            5118 Posts
                            Posted: May 7, 2014, 7:17 pm - IP Logged

NG:

Thumbs Up  I Agree!  Thumbs Up >>>Psyko Impressed>Most Impressive^^!

this dashboard & guages smarter than a smart car 42!!!

thanks todd:

@ least U support UR site^

Party

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                              Member #4877
                              May 30, 2004
                              5118 Posts
                              Posted: May 7, 2014, 7:55 pm - IP Logged

As an  ENCORE Todd !!

NG:

Please tell Todd we R wait'g 4 his ENCORE!!!

Bill Gates can't dance "LIKE DAT" Party!