Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 3:49 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Huge update to Lottery Post complete

Topic closed. 103 replies. Last post 3 years ago by lottoburg.

Page 4 of 7
PrintE-mailLink
four4me's avatar - gate1
MD
United States
Member #1701
June 18, 2003
8361 Posts
Posted: May 7, 2014, 8:11 pm - IP Logged

Drum Thanks Todd

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
    psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
    Member #4877
    May 30, 2004
    5121 Posts
    Posted: May 7, 2014, 8:47 pm - IP Logged

NG:

Thumbs Up  I Agree!  Thumbs Up >>>Psyko Impressed>Most Impressive^^!

this dashboard & guages smarter than a smart car 42!!!

thanks todd:

@ least U support UR site^

Party

but, Todd:

We can't C/UR teeth< NUR LP post but, we hope UR^^

earthlin  picture w/32 teeth will LOOK good on UR win!!

but, Todd:

RU earthlin R alien>>???????????????????????????????

NOTE:

all people who want cheap dental service need 2 GO2>!

Costa Rica>great dentist!!!!

Idesire$'s avatar - Lottery-025.jpg
      Ellenwood,Georgia
      United States
      Member #60512
      April 21, 2008
      471 Posts
      Posted: May 7, 2014, 9:43 pm - IP Logged

Well, I just completely a major upgrade of Lottery Post, and I'm just pleased as punch that everything installed correctly and there were no major problems in bringing the site back up.  According to my statistics, the site was only down for 3 minutes.  Whew!

If you're typing a new reply or message, you'll notice right away that the editor is much different.  I posted a very detailed explanation about the new text editor on the forums last week, and you can find it here

In addition to the new text editor, there is a ton of new stuff that I packed in this update.  Here goes:

• For all the people writing to me and posting about the absence of their favorite lottery results display on the Internet, I have added a new lottery results calendar display.  Currently it can be used for Pick 3, Pick 4, and Quinto games.  Click on the game name wherever you see a game popup menu, and select Lottery Results Calendar from the menu.  Or, go to your state's main results page (from the Results menu at the top), and you'll see new Calendar options next to the numbers games.  It should work much like you're used to.  Like all results pages at Lottery Post, free members can see up to one year of past results, and premium members can see everything.
      • For those looking for the All/Mostly In or Out Filters, they have been added to the Inspector 3, Inspector 4, and Positional Wheels pages.  (The filter was previously only on the Deflate system.)
      • There is a new very addictive online game available, called 2048.  Smartphone and tablet users may have played this game before -- it's one of the most popular games around right now.  So now you can play it in your web browser!  Here it is.
      • There is also a new Games page that holds all the online games available (just 2048 and Sudoku right now).
      • There is a new Image Manager for premium members to upload and manage their images.  You'll find a whole lot more functionality compared to the old version.
      • The Prize Payouts pages now show the odds of winning various prize levels for many games.  I'll continue adding odds for games over time -- just a lot of work to track down and calculate, but I'll keep at it until they're done.  (It might take a bit of time!)  Also, for prizes that have a non-monetary value (like a free ticket), the prize page will show the description of the prize (again, like "Free ticket") instead of $0.  Like the odds calculations, it will take some time to track down and update all the prizes, but eventually they'll all display correctly.
      • Forum pages in which you can go the previous or next page are now programmed with the latest browser technology in order to speed up the time it takes to go the the next or previous page.  Browsers that support this technology include the latest Chrome browser, IE11, and I think the latest Firefox browser.  The way it works is when you're looking at a forum page -- maybe you're on page 11 of a thread -- if there is a page 10 (which would be the previous page) or a page 12 (which would be the next page), the browser will "secretly" loads both of those pages in the background, so if you go back or forward one page, it will come up almost instantly.  So the next time you go to the next or previous page in the forums, take note of how quickly it goes (assuming you're using IE11, Chrome, or Firefox).
      • There's a ton of little things that have been updated too.  You might notice little things here and there.
      • Finally, as I mentioned in my other post from last week, this was an extremely important update for the technology platform that Lottery Post runs on.  I am truly relieved that the update was uneventful, as it could have gone a lot more bumpy.  It's a great thing for the long-term viability of the site when I can do a major technology upgrade like this.

i have to type my message in notes then paste to the message box

there is something wrong with message response and the letter o and b..... when i press the space bar it sends me back to the begining of the word 

Unhappyprbl

keep 

it

mesages

my

in

needinghelp's avatar - voodoo

United States
        Member #148261
        October 27, 2013
        6672 Posts
        Posted: May 7, 2014, 10:54 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Todd.. Awesome job..

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
          Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          23267 Posts
          Posted: May 7, 2014, 11:24 pm - IP Logged

FYI, Pick 2 games are now supported in the lottery results calendar display.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
          What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
          Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Astekblue's avatar - Tarlor
            Kentucky
            United States
            Member #35086
            March 12, 2006
            10374 Posts
            Posted: May 7, 2014, 11:31 pm - IP Logged

FYI, Pick 2 games are now supported in the lottery results calendar display.

Todd    still   on   the  Job   while   many   others  are     Bed

See  the  Long  hours  he  puts   in     Type

Much    Appreciated     Yes Nod

United States
              Member #124493
              March 14, 2012
              7023 Posts
              Posted: May 7, 2014, 11:51 pm - IP Logged

Congratulations on a successful update Todd!

I still have to check out the calendar.

And I have to get used to the new editor. 

I feel like a noob all over again.Wink

I think its spelled newbie.

Did you remove the spell checker?

Chief Bottle Washer
                New Jersey
                United States
                Member #1
                May 31, 2000
                23267 Posts
                Posted: May 7, 2014, 11:55 pm - IP Logged

Congratulations on a successful update Todd!

I still have to check out the calendar.

And I have to get used to the new editor. 

I feel like a noob all over again.Wink

I think its spelled newbie.

Did you remove the spell checker?

I'd suggest checking out my original extensive post about the text editor:  http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/275245

The spell checker is totally integrated now.  It checks your spelling as you type, just like a word processor.

United States
                  Member #124493
                  March 14, 2012
                  7023 Posts
                  Posted: May 8, 2014, 12:02 am - IP Logged

I'd suggest checking out my original extensive post about the text editor:  http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/275245

The spell checker is totally integrated now.  It checks your spelling as you type, just like a word processor.

Yes I did notice it checking as I typed.

However I remember befure that you would click on the underlined word and then it would give you suggestions.

Its not doing that now.  I dont recall any mention of that in the above thread.

New York's avatar - 103h4yr
                    NYC
                    United States
                    Member #117984
                    October 19, 2011
                    1843 Posts
                    Posted: May 8, 2014, 4:38 am - IP Logged
                      savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                      adelaide sa
                      Australia
                      Member #37136
                      April 11, 2006
                      3300 Posts
                      Posted: May 8, 2014, 6:34 am - IP Logged

thanks Todd i noticed the new way that the spiel checker  worked, thanks fior all the effort, if it isnt noticed you know you did a good job

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

Chief Bottle Washer
                        New Jersey
                        United States
                        Member #1
                        May 31, 2000
                        23267 Posts
                        Posted: May 8, 2014, 8:43 am - IP Logged

Yes I did notice it checking as I typed.

However I remember befure that you would click on the underlined word and then it would give you suggestions.

Its not doing that now.  I dont recall any mention of that in the above thread.

Right-click on the underlined word.  It gives suggestions, and also allows you to ignore the word or add it to your personal dictionary.

randhill's avatar - animaniacs20

United States
                          Member #3146
                          December 28, 2003
                          457 Posts
                          Posted: May 8, 2014, 10:32 am - IP Logged

Try clearing your browser cache.  As you can see, the emoticons do work: Big Grin

I'm not on a mission to copy another web site, but it's possible that I may add other features.  These things don't happen easily or quickly, for the most part.

Thank you very much Todd. I sincerely appreciate the lottery calendar... on the other features you may add, if I may suggest a programmer's nightmare 8 -) but I am one who uses the past history of 3 digit #'s drawn for my current #'s to play. History seems to repeat itself @ times over & over.

Anyway, on the calendar if possible it would be awesome if I was able to plug in Michigan's evening draw of 993, and be able to view a calendar past history of 993 as 993, 939, 399 as I searched thru the years. Maybe this is impossible, I don't know.

This is a feature no lottery website has... maybe others who use past history as a key for picking today's #'s has other ideas too.

I appreciate your time!

Chief Bottle Washer
                            New Jersey
                            United States
                            Member #1
                            May 31, 2000
                            23267 Posts
                            Posted: May 8, 2014, 10:46 am - IP Logged

Thank you very much Todd. I sincerely appreciate the lottery calendar... on the other features you may add, if I may suggest a programmer's nightmare 8 -) but I am one who uses the past history of 3 digit #'s drawn for my current #'s to play. History seems to repeat itself @ times over & over.

Anyway, on the calendar if possible it would be awesome if I was able to plug in Michigan's evening draw of 993, and be able to view a calendar past history of 993 as 993, 939, 399 as I searched thru the years. Maybe this is impossible, I don't know.

This is a feature no lottery website has... maybe others who use past history as a key for picking today's #'s has other ideas too.

I appreciate your time!

For that, you would use the lottery results search engine.

Marilyn222's avatar - thumb 350-286546.jpg
                              Denver
                              United States
                              Member #117684
                              October 12, 2011
                              552 Posts
                              Posted: May 8, 2014, 10:55 am - IP Logged

For that, you would use the lottery results search engine.

Qwestion, qwestions...they'll neber stop...gib the man a brake...heheheLOL

White Bounce