Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 5:07 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Huge update to Lottery Post complete

Topic closed. 103 replies. Last post 3 years ago by lottoburg.

Page 6 of 7
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #128790
June 2, 2012
5431 Posts
Posted: May 8, 2014, 11:18 pm - IP Logged

Nice new look Todd. The only thing is that now I can't paste the content I copy.  Now I have to copy and paste the content into my notepad first. I do this because in the past, sometimes I lost the content from some glitch when I post it, so as a precaution, I copy every post before clicking on the "post reply" button.

Igamble's avatar - spider
    nj
    United States
    Member #145657
    August 10, 2013
    974 Posts
    Posted: May 9, 2014, 12:56 am - IP Logged

Some people may only budget $15- $20 per month towards playing the lottery so the $7.95 platinum membership would eat up half their budget. I wouldn't call people on a strict budget a bum but someone who may have other priorities that they need to address.

I can guarantee you with 100%accuracy that someone who is that good to budget their money down to a few dollars /Month is already a platinum member and good at pick3/4.Most who don' t JOIN DO NOT KNOW HOW TO USE THE SEARCH RESULTS AND THE TOOLS provided here ,and/or are not good with budgeting money also .You are good at math ,you will b good at p3/4.So in absence of the member benefits they set on freeloading from whatever systems are posted and info available in topics.

Lindalu711's avatar - anneliese
      Los Angeles County, Ca.
      United States
      Member #128513
      May 26, 2012
      2261 Posts
      Posted: May 9, 2014, 1:32 am - IP Logged

Nice new look Todd. The only thing is that now I can't paste the content I copy.  Now I have to copy and paste the content into my notepad first. I do this because in the past, sometimes I lost the content from some glitch when I post it, so as a precaution, I copy every post before clicking on the "post reply" button.

Hi Onlymoney,

I believe I can help with this as at first I couldn't paste either. There are a couple of different ways I have found how the pasting feature now works.

1st Method, Old School :Highlight the area you wish to copy, then you can either right click on your mouse and click on "copy" or you can Press the ctrl key and C key at the same time to copy. Then point your mouse on the page where you wish to paste, and then press the ctrl key and V key at the same time to Paste

2nd Method, Highlight the area you wish to copy. Under the word edit in the toolbar you will see a pair of scissors. The icon immediately to the right of the scissors is the icon to "Copy" click on it. Then point your mouse in the area you would like to paste. The icon immediately to the right of the copy icon or 2 over from the scissors is the paste icon. Click on it and that will paste your copied info in the desired area.

I hope this is helpful,

Lindalu

Goteki54's avatar - Lottery-007.jpg
        Baltimore, MD
        United States
        Member #143332
        May 30, 2013
        398 Posts
        Posted: May 9, 2014, 10:34 am - IP Logged

Glad the upgrade went without a hitch Todd, however you cost me three minutes I will never get back!Crying

Following the trends and patterns means following the money!Banana

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
          Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          23267 Posts
          Posted: May 9, 2014, 11:31 am - IP Logged

I guess you're not familiar with the fact that the editor has an autosave feature, which allows you to get back the previous contents of the editor by clicking the red and white "life ring" icon on the toolbar.  Even if your browser crashed before posting you could still get the content back.  There should never be a reason to need to copy the contents before posting just to be sure it is not lost.

Also, to be clear, copy is done by pressing Ctrl+C on your keyboard.  Paste is Ctrl+V.  Cut is Ctrl+X.  These are basic Windows keyboard controls that work everywhere in Windows, not just Lottery Post.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
          What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
          Help eliminate computerized drawings!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: May 9, 2014, 1:14 pm - IP Logged

I guess you're not familiar with the fact that the editor has an autosave feature, which allows you to get back the previous contents of the editor by clicking the red and white "life ring" icon on the toolbar.  Even if your browser crashed before posting you could still get the content back.  There should never be a reason to need to copy the contents before posting just to be sure it is not lost.

Also, to be clear, copy is done by pressing Ctrl+C on your keyboard.  Paste is Ctrl+V.  Cut is Ctrl+X.  These are basic Windows keyboard controls that work everywhere in Windows, not just Lottery Post.

Thank you, Mr Todd.

I was having trouble with that my ownself.

My lips go numb just thinking about it.

Chief Bottle Washer
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #1
              May 31, 2000
              23267 Posts
              Posted: May 9, 2014, 1:53 pm - IP Logged

I have adjusted the editor toolbar again this afternoon, to address a few problems people were having:

• The menu bar has been eliminated to save space on the screen
              • The buttons are now spread to 3 rows to help people with lower-resolution screens
              • The emoticons now display in a popup panel in order to improve performance and help people who couldn't access emoticons in IE8
              • The spell check can now be turned off by clicking the spelling toggle button on the toolbar

Marilyn222's avatar - thumb 350-286546.jpg
                Denver
                United States
                Member #117684
                October 12, 2011
                552 Posts
                Posted: May 9, 2014, 2:42 pm - IP Logged

I have adjusted the editor toolbar again this afternoon, to address a few problems people were having:

• The menu bar has been eliminated to save space on the screen
                • The buttons are now spread to 3 rows to help people with lower-resolution screens
                • The emoticons now display in a popup panel in order to improve performance and help people who couldn't access emoticons in IE8
                • The spell check can now be turned off by clicking the spelling toggle button on the toolbar

OMG! The things you do for us Todd, you're incredible! Is there higher than Plat membership? Lol...

White Bounce

kreative1's avatar - flower2
                  NE PA
                  United States
                  Member #127838
                  May 10, 2012
                  1230 Posts
                  Posted: May 9, 2014, 2:54 pm - IP Logged

I don't know why but I seem to get bounced out when I go from one post to another

At first I thought I was kicked out lol

Anyone else have this happen or is it just on my end

ps I'm afraid to try new game because I'm sure I won't get anything else done and I spend more time on here then I should

Great site Todd!

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                    Idaho
                    United States
                    Member #56506
                    November 21, 2007
                    6537 Posts
                    Posted: May 9, 2014, 3:25 pm - IP Logged

Hi, Todd. I'm having a slight issue with the message bar on the reply section not showing up right. I have to hover over the buttons to see what they actually are. I'm using Firefox.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Chief Bottle Washer
                      New Jersey
                      United States
                      Member #1
                      May 31, 2000
                      23267 Posts
                      Posted: May 9, 2014, 3:58 pm - IP Logged

I don't know why but I seem to get bounced out when I go from one post to another

At first I thought I was kicked out lol

Anyone else have this happen or is it just on my end

ps I'm afraid to try new game because I'm sure I won't get anything else done and I spend more time on here then I should

Great site Todd!

I think that sounds like a general problem you're having.  Sometimes when we talk about new stuff being installed on LP, people think that unrelated problems they might have are caused by the "new stuff".  Most problems are caused by bad plugins or toolbars installed in your browser, clicking or pressing something, etc.  There certainly could be bugs with any new installed, but nothing like bouncing you out of a page.

Chief Bottle Washer
                        New Jersey
                        United States
                        Member #1
                        May 31, 2000
                        23267 Posts
                        Posted: May 9, 2014, 3:59 pm - IP Logged

Hi, Todd. I'm having a slight issue with the message bar on the reply section not showing up right. I have to hover over the buttons to see what they actually are. I'm using Firefox.

Just refresh the page.  It looks like everything did not load.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                          Idaho
                          United States
                          Member #56506
                          November 21, 2007
                          6537 Posts
                          Posted: May 9, 2014, 4:06 pm - IP Logged

Just refresh the page.  It looks like everything did not load.

That's what I thought, but it doesn't work. It works fine in IE but nothing seems to make the buttons appear when I use firefox. I'll keep messing around with some stuff to see if I can fix it tho.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Chief Bottle Washer
                            New Jersey
                            United States
                            Member #1
                            May 31, 2000
                            23267 Posts
                            Posted: May 9, 2014, 4:34 pm - IP Logged

That's what I thought, but it doesn't work. It works fine in IE but nothing seems to make the buttons appear when I use firefox. I'll keep messing around with some stuff to see if I can fix it tho.

I'm typing this in Firefox right now.  Works just like all the other browsers.  So be sure you don't have something that is blocking anything from downloading, like a plugin or blocker.

LottoBux's avatar - 2elh5if
                              Ontario
                              Canada
                              Member #109243
                              April 9, 2011
                              31437 Posts
                              Posted: May 9, 2014, 4:49 pm - IP Logged

Works Fine On My End As Well.

I'm Using The Latest Version(29)