Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 9:00 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

LotSoftPro

Topic closed. 570 replies. Last post 2 years ago by winsumloosesum.

Page 20 of 39
PrintE-mailLink
winsumloosesum's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
Pennsylvania
United States
Member #2218
September 1, 2003
5387 Posts
Posted: July 22, 2014, 6:01 pm - IP Logged

You can try right click and Run As Administrator or the normal routine of double clicking the Lotosoft program shortcut.

You can create a FREE box.com account and upload the following 2 files located in the data folder of Lotsoft:

1. props.mdb
  2. p4.mdb

Upload these 2 files and send me the links by PM and I will look at them.

Pennsylvania
    United States
    Member #2218
    September 1, 2003
    5387 Posts
    Posted: July 23, 2014, 7:16 am - IP Logged

LIVE UPDATE

Completed for drawings through Tuesday July 22, 2014

Uploaded draw text files at 7:10 am on Wednesday July 23, 2014

If you receive any errors close Lotsoft then re-open and run Live Update again!!

I ran Live Update for both Pick 3 and Pick 4 this morning and everything worked fine (cross fingers)

I have noticed many Live Updates where users may be selecting the "Force Overwrite" option when performing the Live Update.  If you have all the draws updated from the previous day you do NOT need to keep using the Force Overwrite: option checked.

Let me know if anyone is still experiencing any Live Update errors!

Thanks

Pennsylvania
      United States
      Member #2218
      September 1, 2003
      5387 Posts
      Posted: July 24, 2014, 5:51 am - IP Logged

LIVE UPDATE

Completed for drawings through Wednesday July 23, 2014

Uploaded draw text files at 5:30 am on Thursday July 24, 2014

If you receive any errors close Lotsoft then re-open and run Live Update again!!

I ran Live Update for both Pick 3 and Pick 4 this morning and everything worked fine (cross fingers)

I have noticed many Live Updates where users may be selecting the "Force Overwrite" option when performing the Live Update.  If you have all the draws updated from the previous day you do NOT need to keep using the Force Overwrite: option checked.

Thanks

Pennsylvania
        United States
        Member #2218
        September 1, 2003
        5387 Posts
        Posted: July 29, 2014, 11:50 am - IP Logged

Just arrived home from work.  Arizona draw was not available earlier this morning.

You can now run Live Update.

LIVE UPDATE

Completed for drawings through Monday July 28, 2014

Uploaded draw text files at 11:45 am on Tuesday July 29, 2014

Thanks

Pennsylvania
          United States
          Member #2218
          September 1, 2003
          5387 Posts
          Posted: August 3, 2014, 4:52 pm - IP Logged

For those trying Live Update today and receiving error message.  I contacted the hosting support and they are having issues with the server and trying to resolve.

I may decide to discontinue updating Lotsoft Pro.  Between the server issues and time and out-of-pocket expense I may decide to shut down the web site completely.  There are only a dozen or so updates per day so it seems either no one is willing to learn how to use the program or just decided to abandon using Lotsoft Pro.

Within the last 2 weeks I have contacted support at least 2 to 3 times per day.  Either the website is down or I could not connect to the server toperform the Live Updates.

I will make my decision in a day or 2.

Another possibility is to change hosting companies.  This would mean having to change the code in the software for the Live Updates.

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
            Economy class
            Belgium
            Member #123700
            February 27, 2012
            4035 Posts
            Posted: August 4, 2014, 6:26 am - IP Logged

Websites done with cgi, asp, jsp, php or whatever aim income by adds. Eventually some Indians or Bengladeshis click on the adds. Who knows what other traffic there is? Eventually all those lottery programs are hardly sold and sales depend of aggressive publicity.

LottoBux's avatar - 2elh5if
              Ontario
              Canada
              Member #109243
              April 9, 2011
              31437 Posts
              Posted: August 4, 2014, 12:47 pm - IP Logged

For those trying Live Update today and receiving error message.  I contacted the hosting support and they are having issues with the server and trying to resolve.

I may decide to discontinue updating Lotsoft Pro.  Between the server issues and time and out-of-pocket expense I may decide to shut down the web site completely.  There are only a dozen or so updates per day so it seems either no one is willing to learn how to use the program or just decided to abandon using Lotsoft Pro.

Within the last 2 weeks I have contacted support at least 2 to 3 times per day.  Either the website is down or I could not connect to the server toperform the Live Updates.

I will make my decision in a day or 2.

Another possibility is to change hosting companies.  This would mean having to change the code in the software for the Live Updates.

The Live Update Went Smooth Today,

All Pick 3/4 Draws Updated Through Aug.3rd.

I Think Changing Hosting Companies Would Be Your Best Bet.

Some Of The Larger U.S. Companies Offer The 1st Month Free.

Not Sure How Much Work Is Involved In Changing The Code Though.

Your Work Is Greatly Appreciated.Smiley

United States
                Member #141571
                April 18, 2013
                58 Posts
                Posted: August 5, 2014, 5:33 am - IP Logged

I'm hoping your decision is to somehow keep Lotsoft Pro going, it would be a waste of excellent programming by the original author. The speed and useful detailed information it can produce is hard to come by from most other programs of this type.

Plus after all the hard work you put into it over the past months, please don't through all this away.

Let us users of this program know exactly (point blank) what it will take to help keep the updates going.

Pennsylvania
                  United States
                  Member #2218
                  September 1, 2003
                  5387 Posts
                  Posted: August 5, 2014, 10:10 am - IP Logged

I decided to keep the updates going.  If anyone would like to make a donation towards the server costs please PM me.   Thanks

LIVE UPDATE

Completed for drawings through Monday August 4, 2014

Uploaded draw text files at 10:00 am on Tuesday August 5, 2014

Thanks

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
                    Stone Mountain*Georgia
                    United States
                    Member #828
                    November 2, 2002
                    10491 Posts
                    Posted: August 5, 2014, 11:14 am - IP Logged

I decided to keep the updates going.  If anyone would like to make a donation towards the server costs please PM me.   Thanks

LIVE UPDATE

Completed for drawings through Monday August 4, 2014

Uploaded draw text files at 10:00 am on Tuesday August 5, 2014

Thanks

Thank you very much Steve you are being too nice.....as usual. 

I think you should set up some sort of  a service charge for the update site cost. Heck....you are paying for it out of your pocket.  Plus for your work, attention and the every day handling all of this stuff. Don't let it bog you down. Don't do it for nothing. Gee fella,....we're not communist and this is no labor camp. LOL     

Being tied to all of these details everyday rain or shine 7 days a week ...... is a thankless burden and your deserve something for what you have already done not to mention in the future...... you have actually saved Lotsoft.  Don't let it burn you out pal. 

Voluntary donation request responses are crap...... you should at least set up a flat rate for part it. Something. Free loaders p...s me off. Free riders shouldn't be playing anyway.   

Again .....thank you Steve for everything you have done. You are a keeperThumbs Up 

Win D     

The only real failure .....is the failure to try.                               

Luck is a very rare thing....... Odds not so much. 

Odds never change .....but probability does. 

Win d    

Pennsylvania
                      United States
                      Member #2218
                      September 1, 2003
                      5387 Posts
                      Posted: August 7, 2014, 8:52 am - IP Logged

UPDATE: 8/7/2014

I transferred all the ftp files to a new server this morning.

After I transferred the files I ran Lotsoft 5 "Live Update" for both the Pick 3 and Pick 4 and everything worked.  I had to change the ftp server in the props.mdb file.

In order to run Live Update you will need to replace the props.mdb file with the following updated version from this download link below:

https://app.box.com/s/589hc4m65su02v4g1hce

This file should go in the C:\Programs Folder\INW\Lotsoft\data\ folder.  Copy and paste the new props.mdb into this folder then run the Live Update.

Let me know if anyone has any problems.

As I mentioned above I changed my props.mdb file with the new server IP address and it updated.

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
                        Stone Mountain*Georgia
                        United States
                        Member #828
                        November 2, 2002
                        10491 Posts
                        Posted: August 7, 2014, 2:00 pm - IP Logged

Thank you Steve. Works perfectly !  ....and maybe a little faster even. Patriot

Have many folks chipped in any to off set your cost out of pocket?  If not ...you really should set something up. Heck fella....something at least. 

The only real failure .....is the failure to try.                               

Luck is a very rare thing....... Odds not so much. 

Odds never change .....but probability does. 

Win d    

cps10's avatar - Lottery-004.jpg
                          The Carolinas - Charlotte
                          United States
                          Member #21627
                          September 12, 2005
                          4138 Posts
                          Posted: August 7, 2014, 2:03 pm - IP Logged

UPDATE: 8/7/2014

I transferred all the ftp files to a new server this morning.

After I transferred the files I ran Lotsoft 5 "Live Update" for both the Pick 3 and Pick 4 and everything worked.  I had to change the ftp server in the props.mdb file.

In order to run Live Update you will need to replace the props.mdb file with the following updated version from this download link below:

https://app.box.com/s/589hc4m65su02v4g1hce

This file should go in the C:\Programs Folder\INW\Lotsoft\data\ folder.  Copy and paste the new props.mdb into this folder then run the Live Update.

Let me know if anyone has any problems.

As I mentioned above I changed my props.mdb file with the new server IP address and it updated.

Steve - so this is not automatic without replacing the file? I keep getting Action Interrupted due to possible errors. I will check this out.

The North Carolina Education Lottery - so much a joke that here are their mascots:

Stooges

United States
                            Member #21627
                            September 12, 2005
                            4138 Posts
                            Posted: August 7, 2014, 2:10 pm - IP Logged

Steve - is the file too big to email to me? I can't seem to get it to download and replace. Thanks!

The North Carolina Education Lottery - so much a joke that here are their mascots:

Stooges

United States
                              Member #21627
                              September 12, 2005
                              4138 Posts
                              Posted: August 7, 2014, 2:13 pm - IP Logged

I got it to download, but now it still won't Live Update. I may shut the computer down and try again!!

Stooges

Page 20 of 39