Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 5:07 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

LotSoftPro

Topic closed. 570 replies. Last post 2 years ago by winsumloosesum.

Page 21 of 39
PrintE-mailLink
winsumloosesum's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
Pennsylvania
United States
Member #2218
September 1, 2003
5387 Posts
Posted: August 7, 2014, 5:29 pm - IP Logged

I got it to download, but now it still won't Live Update. I may shut the computer down and try again!!

Did you place the new props.mdb file into the data folder of Lotsoft?

cps10's avatar - Lottery-004.jpg
    The Carolinas - Charlotte
    United States
    Member #21627
    September 12, 2005
    4138 Posts
    Posted: August 7, 2014, 5:42 pm - IP Logged

Did you place the new props.mdb file into the data folder of Lotsoft?

Yes, I downloaded it into another folder and the moved and replaced the one in the INW LotSoft data folder.

The North Carolina Education Lottery - so much a joke that here are their mascots:

Stooges

Jack-C's avatar - us
      San Diego, CA
      United States
      Member #61467
      May 24, 2008
      28146 Posts
      Posted: August 7, 2014, 5:54 pm - IP Logged

UPDATE: 8/7/2014

I transferred all the ftp files to a new server this morning.

After I transferred the files I ran Lotsoft 5 "Live Update" for both the Pick 3 and Pick 4 and everything worked.  I had to change the ftp server in the props.mdb file.

In order to run Live Update you will need to replace the props.mdb file with the following updated version from this download link below:

https://app.box.com/s/589hc4m65su02v4g1hce

This file should go in the C:\Programs Folder\INW\Lotsoft\data\ folder.  Copy and paste the new props.mdb into this folder then run the Live Update.

Let me know if anyone has any problems.

As I mentioned above I changed my props.mdb file with the new server IP address and it updated.

Works great, plus now I have a REGISTERED copy!!!! 

Thank you, Steve.

Pennsylvania
        United States
        Member #2218
        September 1, 2003
        5387 Posts
        Posted: August 7, 2014, 6:11 pm - IP Logged
        1. 1st make a backup of your props.mdb file and place the backup props.mdb file in another folder.  This file is located in the lotsoft folder located in C:/Program Files/INW/Lotsoft/data  (this is where my version of Lotsoft is located)
        2. You can do 1 of 2 things.  Download the props.mdb file from the link I posted a couple threads back and place it the "data" folder or if you have a fully functional version of Microsoft Access you can open the props.mdb file and make a small change which I will show in the screen shot below.  If you don't own a fully functional version of Microsoft Access you can download a FREE program that I posted in my Blog.

For those who want to make the changes using Access or the FREE program:

Open Access or the FREE database program

Open the file "props.mdb" located in the C:/Program Files/INW/Lotsoft/data folder.  (Your drive letter may be different than the letter C)

You should see a window open asking for a password.  Copy and paste the following password:  {0,1}f(XP)

The props.mdb file should now open

If your using Microsoft Access you should see a list of tables on the left hand side

Double-click the "tbl_Props"

You should now see the tbl_Props table open on the right side.

Item #27 "FTPLocation" look under the column heading "PropValue".

Click inside the area where you see ftps15.brinkster.com

Change the value of 15 to 53.  So you should now have ftps53.brinkster.com.

Close the database file by selecting File > Close Database from the main menu at the top.

Make sure the props.mdb file is now updated and located in the data folder where your version of Lotsoft is located.

Let me know if anyone has any questions.  Win D and Jack-C now have Lotosft running with the updated Props file.

props.mdb file

Pennsylvania
          United States
          Member #2218
          September 1, 2003
          5387 Posts
          Posted: August 7, 2014, 6:25 pm - IP Logged

If your using the FREE MDB Viewer program

Make a backup of your props.mdb file located in C:/Program Files/INW/Lotsoft/data or where your version of Lotsoft is installed.  This is the file location of my version of Lotsoft

Select File > Open

Open the props.mdb file located in the data folder where Lotsoft is installed.  C:/Program Files/INW/Lotsoft/data

Once the props.mdb file opens you will need to enter the following password:  {0,1}f(XP)

Click OK

The file should open

Click the tab at the top labeled "tbl_Props" (See screen shot below)

Locate Item#27 "FTPLocation"

Under the "PropValue" column click inside the cell and change ftps15.brinkster.com tho ftps53.brinkster.com

Close MDB Viewer Plus program

Make sure the updated props.mdb file is now saved and located in the data folder.  C:/Program Files/INW/Lotsoft/data

Let me know if anyone has any difficulty updating and running the Live Updates.

props2

ThaReal333's avatar - devil angel-money-e1327258650523.jpg
            Memphis, TN
            United States
            Member #154114
            April 4, 2014
            174 Posts
            Posted: August 7, 2014, 8:34 pm - IP Logged

Make a backup of your props.mdb file located in C:/Program Files/INW/Lotsoft/data or where your version of Lotsoft is installed.  This is the file location of my version of Lotsoft

Select File > Open

Open the props.mdb file located in the data folder where Lotsoft is installed.  C:/Program Files/INW/Lotsoft/data

Once the props.mdb file opens you will need to enter the following password:  {0,1}f(XP)

Click OK

The file should open

Under the "PropValue" column click inside the cell and change ftps15.brinkster.com tho ftps53.brinkster.com

Make sure the updated props.mdb file is now saved and located in the data folder.  C:/Program Files/INW/Lotsoft/data

props2

Works great and for anyone having problems just copy and paste in appropriate folder then run as administrator...

bootleg233's avatar - Lottery-034.jpg
              Tn
              United States
              Member #54963
              September 4, 2007
              1164 Posts
              Posted: August 8, 2014, 6:47 pm - IP Logged

Select File > Open

Click OK

The file should open

props2

winsum just got around to changing mine and all works flawlessly! Again I say You are the man!! You are awesome! THANK YOU for all your hard work and keeping this going!! You are APPRECIATED!! Thanks again.......Da Boot!!!!!!!!

WHEN IT FEELS THE WHOLE WORLD SUCKS!

RELAX.........IT'S ONLY GRAVITY Big Smile

I think I can I think I can!!!!

backwoods ga
                United States
                Member #155844
                May 31, 2014
                1889 Posts
                Posted: August 9, 2014, 11:27 pm - IP Logged

After I enter password. I go to the above page. But the table  tb_Use , I can't find. Pls help me. 

On mine. I see tbl_statestats. Then it goes to tbl_valid.

my name Lil Darryl   you got some Milk

swamper1's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
                  Edgewood, Texas
                  United States
                  Member #42945
                  July 10, 2006
                  30 Posts
                  Posted: August 9, 2014, 11:46 pm - IP Logged

I sure would like the download site for lotsoftpro software.

Can someone help me get it going?   I've been a member over a year now.

hope to get it soon.  Can anyone get the software or access to the website to

have it on their system at home.....thanks:  swamper1

swamper1's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
                    Edgewood, Texas
                    United States
                    Member #42945
                    July 10, 2006
                    30 Posts
                    Posted: August 10, 2014, 10:43 am - IP Logged

I'm not steve, but I downloaded the lotsoftpro software & trying to register my

pick 3 & pick 4  on the web site there is no way to buy the licenses.

can u help me get my started?

my name is Jimmy...

LottoBux's avatar - 2elh5if
                      Ontario
                      Canada
                      Member #109243
                      April 9, 2011
                      31437 Posts
                      Posted: August 10, 2014, 10:48 am - IP Logged

I'm not steve, but I downloaded the lotsoftpro software & trying to register my

pick 3 & pick 4  on the web site there is no way to buy the licenses.

can u help me get my started?

my name is Jimmy...

The Instructions For Registration Are Here

Try Using Those Activation Codes.

That Worked For Me.I Used MS Access.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/275897/3665808

United States
                        Member #21627
                        September 12, 2005
                        4138 Posts
                        Posted: August 10, 2014, 10:53 am - IP Logged
                        1. 1st make a backup of your props.mdb file and place the backup props.mdb file in another folder.  This file is located in the lotsoft folder located in C:/Program Files/INW/Lotsoft/data  (this is where my version of Lotsoft is located)
                        2. You can do 1 of 2 things.  Download the props.mdb file from the link I posted a couple threads back and place it the "data" folder or if you have a fully functional version of Microsoft Access you can open the props.mdb file and make a small change which I will show in the screen shot below.  If you don't own a fully functional version of Microsoft Access you can download a FREE program that I posted in my Blog.

For those who want to make the changes using Access or the FREE program:

Open Access or the FREE database program

Open the file "props.mdb" located in the C:/Program Files/INW/Lotsoft/data folder.  (Your drive letter may be different than the letter C)

You should see a window open asking for a password.  Copy and paste the following password:  {0,1}f(XP)

The props.mdb file should now open

If your using Microsoft Access you should see a list of tables on the left hand side

Double-click the "tbl_Props"

You should now see the tbl_Props table open on the right side.

Item #27 "FTPLocation" look under the column heading "PropValue".

Click inside the area where you see ftps15.brinkster.com

Change the value of 15 to 53.  So you should now have ftps53.brinkster.com.

Close the database file by selecting File > Close Database from the main menu at the top.

Make sure the props.mdb file is now updated and located in the data folder where your version of Lotsoft is located.

Let me know if anyone has any questions.  Win D and Jack-C now have Lotosft running with the updated Props file.

props.mdb file

Got it to start downloading! Thank you Steve!!!

The North Carolina Education Lottery - so much a joke that here are their mascots:

Stooges

United States
                          Member #21627
                          September 12, 2005
                          4138 Posts
                          Posted: August 10, 2014, 10:57 am - IP Logged

Got it to start downloading! Thank you Steve!!!

Oops. Spoke too soon. I did change from 15 to 53 and I got an error that said "An unexpected error occured in procedure 'sbReadMSGFile'. Error number: 75 Error description: Path/file access error.

Does this mean that I have an old version of Access? I do have an old version, but it's from work and we still use it today for our databases.

Stooges

United States
                            Member #21627
                            September 12, 2005
                            4138 Posts
                            Posted: August 10, 2014, 11:14 am - IP Logged

Oops. Spoke too soon. I did change from 15 to 53 and I got an error that said "An unexpected error occured in procedure 'sbReadMSGFile'. Error number: 75 Error description: Path/file access error.

Does this mean that I have an old version of Access? I do have an old version, but it's from work and we still use it today for our databases.

I clicked OK on that error button and it appears to have gone ahead and downloaded the updates since I am at 8/9/14 for all draws! Not sure why that happened but I am okay with that! Thanks again Steve!!

Stooges

Pennsylvania
                              United States
                              Member #2218
                              September 1, 2003
                              5387 Posts
                              Posted: August 13, 2014, 12:53 pm - IP Logged

Updated drawings from Tuesday, August 12, 2014 at 12:00 PM today.

Live Updates worked OK on my computer.

I received a PM that the Pick 4 did not update yesterday.

Anyone have any issues today or yesterday  with the Live Updates to Lotsoft 5?

Thanks

Page 21 of 39