Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

TLC The Lottery Changed My Life...on again

Topic closed. 92 replies. Last post 3 years ago by lejardin.

Page 1 of 7
PrintE-mailLink
lejardin's avatar - Lottery-014.jpg

United States
Member #118609
November 4, 2011
1076 Posts
Posted: May 29, 2014, 11:32 pm - IP Logged

Just an FYI, this Saturday, May 30, 2014 At 1:00 PST is three shows of The Lottery Changed My Life

1:00. Island Dreamers

2:00. Millionaire Truckers

3:00. Millionaire Bachelor

I still enjoy watching even though I have seen them dozens of times LOL

United States
    Member #118609
    November 4, 2011
    1076 Posts
    Posted: May 29, 2014, 11:33 pm - IP Logged

Oooops make that May 31st, sorry.

United States
      Member #149820
      December 9, 2013
      644 Posts
      Posted: May 30, 2014, 6:20 am - IP Logged

OOOhh thanks I was wondering when they were going to show them again...I thought they would have had them on Memorial day, since they usually run a big block of them on holidays

United States
        Member #135804
        November 29, 2012
        332 Posts
        Posted: May 30, 2014, 3:06 pm - IP Logged

I kind of missed them...

United States
          Member #118609
          November 4, 2011
          1076 Posts
          Posted: May 30, 2014, 3:07 pm - IP Logged

You are welcome.  And are right, they normally do run them on long weekends!  Only three shows this time.

boston,ma
            United States
            Member #150102
            December 15, 2013
            112 Posts
            Posted: May 31, 2014, 1:22 pm - IP Logged

<snip>, Natalie! 1,000,000 down to 250,000???? what the hell??

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

boston,ma
              United States
              Member #150102
              December 15, 2013
              112 Posts
              Posted: May 31, 2014, 1:46 pm - IP Logged

Dr. Shirley realized that no matter how much a lottery winner tries to maintain the same life they had, it's not possible.

United States
                Member #118609
                November 4, 2011
                1076 Posts
                Posted: May 31, 2014, 9:27 pm - IP Logged

<snip>, Natalie! 1,000,000 down to 250,000???? what the hell??

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

Isn't that nuts?  Publisher clearing house what a crock.  They said after FEES and taxes....so what fees does PCH charge?   $250k is still a lot of money but not when it is a net of a million, almost not worth all the hype and excitement of winning.

United States
                  Member #149820
                  December 9, 2013
                  644 Posts
                  Posted: May 31, 2014, 9:44 pm - IP Logged

Isn't that nuts?  Publisher clearing house what a crock.  They said after FEES and taxes....so what fees does PCH charge?   $250k is still a lot of money but not when it is a net of a million, almost not worth all the hype and excitement of winning.

Exactly me and my brother-in-law said the same thing. I mean that's 3/4 of her winnings...taxes were probably only in the neighborhood of 280k to 320k so the fees ate her up worse than taxes did. I think they do that because you dont want it spread over 20 years. Cause I heard if you win that 10 million dollar prize that you only get like 2 million if you take it all at once.

mrcraft's avatar - images3lp4 zps7dbb4a10.jpg
                    Los Angeles, California
                    United States
                    Member #149492
                    December 2, 2013
                    919 Posts
                    Posted: May 31, 2014, 10:13 pm - IP Logged

It's called the "We're going to get hit with multi-state fines and restitution" fees.  They need to set aside funds to pay those pesky fines.  Wink

Publishers Clearing House Sweepstakes Solicitations Under Scrutiny

I ignore everything from PCH.  Didn't they just refrain from awarding the grand prize in their most recent sweepstakes?

United States
                      Member #118609
                      November 4, 2011
                      1076 Posts
                      Posted: May 31, 2014, 10:32 pm - IP Logged

That is an interesting story but I guess it didnt do much good, the PCH commercials are running again.   How can they refrain from awarding a grand prize?  Something reeks......

United States
                        Member #118609
                        November 4, 2011
                        1076 Posts
                        Posted: May 31, 2014, 10:39 pm - IP Logged

I was thinking she should net about $650k and was shocked when it said she got $250k.  I dont know much about PCH but they have all these contests that are numbered and dated who can keep track of them all and who is awarded the win?  For the PB and MM, taking the annunity for me at least would be dependent on age, I would take the cash.  PCH ..... I would be afraid they would be out of business, sanctioned or ? Before I could collect the whole amount lol.

boston,ma
                          United States
                          Member #150102
                          December 15, 2013
                          112 Posts
                          Posted: June 1, 2014, 7:25 am - IP Logged

I was thinking she should net about $650k and was shocked when it said she got $250k.  I dont know much about PCH but they have all these contests that are numbered and dated who can keep track of them all and who is awarded the win?  For the PB and MM, taking the annunity for me at least would be dependent on age, I would take the cash.  PCH ..... I would be afraid they would be out of business, sanctioned or ? Before I could collect the whole amount lol.

I almost fell out of my chair when they said how much she got. The last two big Sweepstakes P.C.H, they did not award the prizes. I believe the first one was $1,000.00 a day for life, and the 2nd was 10,000,000 plus 250,000 a year for life. I could be wrong but I think those are the figures. P.C.H should be ashamed of themselves for this nonsense. I believe they never have intention of awarding the big prizes but have no problem giving out the secondary ones. I gave them a try for both of these sweepstakes but after learning they didn't even award the prizes i'm done with these crooks. I hope the investigation puts them out of buisness.

United States
                            Member #138498
                            January 29, 2013
                            10 Posts
                            Posted: June 1, 2014, 12:31 pm - IP Logged

I don't have cable tv, can someone send the shows to me online or sell them to me on a dvd?  I'd love to watch them again and again.  I love Island dreamers, it used to be on Youtube.

mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
                              Texas Panhandle
                              United States
                              Member #136843
                              December 20, 2012
                              1409 Posts
                              Posted: June 1, 2014, 2:46 pm - IP Logged

I don't have cable tv, can someone send the shows to me online or sell them to me on a dvd?  I'd love to watch them again and again.  I love Island dreamers, it used to be on Youtube.

Try this.