Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 5:39 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

TLC The Lottery Changed My Life...on again

Topic closed. 92 replies. Last post 2 years ago by lejardin.

Page 2 of 7
PrintE-mailLink
psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
Member #4877
May 30, 2004
5124 Posts
Posted: June 1, 2014, 3:13 pm - IP Logged

Oooops make that May 31st, sorry.

LJD:

great post >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>TLC can change anyone's LIFE!

Question:

DO UR anyone on this post really want 2B>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>REAL MILLIONAIR$$$$$$$$$$$?

DO U^think TLC is the Lottery Channel RD>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>wish could B like them MILLIONAIR$$$!

Drenick1's avatar - villiarna
    USA
    United States
    Member #152799
    February 25, 2014
    1094 Posts
    Posted: June 1, 2014, 3:22 pm - IP Logged

I'm surprised he/she didn't find the you tube link on their own.

USA
      United States
      Member #152799
      February 25, 2014
      1094 Posts
      Posted: June 1, 2014, 3:25 pm - IP Logged

LJD:

great post >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>TLC can change anyone's LIFE!

Question:

DO UR anyone on this post really want 2B>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>REAL MILLIONAIR$$$$$$$$$$$?

DO U^think TLC is the Lottery Channel RD>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>wish could B like them MILLIONAIR$$$!

I don't think there is any argument that anyone here on LP would really want to be a real millionaire.

Fantasizing about it may be nice but living the real lifestyle would be the ultimate goal.

lejardin's avatar - Lottery-014.jpg

United States
        Member #118609
        November 4, 2011
        939 Posts
        Posted: June 2, 2014, 9:06 pm - IP Logged

LJD:

Question:

TLC runs these mini marathons quite often and even though I have seem them all a couple of times, no new shows have been filmed in years but I enjoy watching them.  It reminds me that anybody can win and it sure is nice to dream.

You bet I want to win.  My preference would be a net of $20 mil. But since I would be splitting it three ways maybe a little more would help lol.  I remember what David Lee Edwards financial person said that had David invested his $27 mil he could have lived off the interest of $85,000 a month and never touched the principle......$85,000 a month?  I could easily live on $85,000 a year. 

As for the show, I think I would do like they all do.  Then buy a home and a car for the few in my family, help a couple of friends, church and charities.  I would like to think I have changed over the years and am over "the stuff".  Those days are over, my choice now would be a home on one level, off the grid, on some acreage with privacy and live with some peace and quiet.  OH!  And be out of the cold, smow and ice.

Do you not want to win psykomo?

United States
          Member #118609
          November 4, 2011
          939 Posts
          Posted: June 2, 2014, 9:08 pm - IP Logged

I don't think there is any argument that anyone here on LP would really want to be a real millionaire.

Fantasizing about it may be nice but living the real lifestyle would be the ultimate goal.

Yes, living the real lifestyle would be the ultimate goal!

Lotto Dan's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg

United States
            Member #150100
            December 15, 2013
            62 Posts
            Posted: June 2, 2014, 9:20 pm - IP Logged

Hahahaha I Could Watch This Show All Day Everyday

Sun Smiley They Call Me (Lotto Dan) "Lotto Man From Lottoland"

United States
              Member #118609
              November 4, 2011
              939 Posts
              Posted: June 9, 2014, 7:40 pm - IP Logged

Saturday, June 14, 2014 is replaying  four shows.

It starts 9:00  here, PST with workaholic millionaires, 10:00 streetsweeper millionaires, 11:00 millionaire bride and 12:00 is the lottery changed my life II.

Once again I will be watching lol.  Happy Dreaming!

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                Bay Area - California
                United States
                Member #136477
                December 12, 2012
                4110 Posts
                Posted: June 9, 2014, 8:00 pm - IP Logged

Hahahaha I Could Watch This Show All Day Everyday

Watch it?-"not me, l wanna live it.l think l have seen one perhaps two of those shows and that's plenty. The fun part of these shows is knowing exactly what you would do with that kind of cash.

The head shaking begins when you read that some of these folk have blown through millions in a very short period of time without thinking about tomorrow or even making some serious investments from Day One. Like it's said" A fool and his money are soon parted".

USA
                  United States
                  Member #152799
                  February 25, 2014
                  1094 Posts
                  Posted: June 9, 2014, 8:10 pm - IP Logged

TLC runs these mini marathons quite often and even though I have seem them all a couple of times, no new shows have been filmed in years but I enjoy watching them.  It reminds me that anybody can win and it sure is nice to dream.

You bet I want to win.  My preference would be a net of $20 mil. But since I would be splitting it three ways maybe a little more would help lol.  I remember what David Lee Edwards financial person said that had David invested his $27 mil he could have lived off the interest of $85,000 a month and never touched the principle......$85,000 a month?  I could easily live on $85,000 a year. 

As for the show, I think I would do like they all do.  Then buy a home and a car for the few in my family, help a couple of friends, church and charities.  I would like to think I have changed over the years and am over "the stuff".  Those days are over, my choice now would be a home on one level, off the grid, on some acreage with privacy and live with some peace and quiet.  OH!  And be out of the cold, smow and ice.

Do you not want to win psykomo?

I saw the episode where the advisor mentioned $85k per month for the rest of his life and David Edwards just laughed it off. These shows that feature both the good and bad are valuable lessons for all.

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                    Member #121745
                    January 16, 2012
                    4801 Posts
                    Posted: June 9, 2014, 8:19 pm - IP Logged

I saw the episode where the advisor mentioned $85k per month for the rest of his life and David Edwards just laughed it off. These shows that feature both the good and bad are valuable lessons for all.

What I don't get are the winners who win more than enough...like $4 to 30 million and they seek to become a mogul overnight and invest in something they have no experience in....like the guy who bought some sort of motel and then (probably did not consult an attorney) had it all taken away from him by his partners and he had to go back to the oil fields. Don't be greedy.

J'aime La France.

USA
                      United States
                      Member #152799
                      February 25, 2014
                      1094 Posts
                      Posted: June 9, 2014, 8:30 pm - IP Logged

What I don't get are the winners who win more than enough...like $4 to 30 million and they seek to become a mogul overnight and invest in something they have no experience in....like the guy who bought some sort of motel and then (probably did not consult an attorney) had it all taken away from him by his partners and he had to go back to the oil fields. Don't be greedy.

I Agree! Both greedy and stupid. The guy who invested in that hotel with no experience or legal consultation was absolutely foolish. They took that hotel from him without even putting up a fight. I still felt bad for him as being away from his family was bad enough but living in a trailer during the week just made it worse.

United States
                        Member #121745
                        January 16, 2012
                        4801 Posts
                        Posted: June 9, 2014, 8:35 pm - IP Logged

If I win under 10 million, all of it (except for up to 1 million max which will be a charitable foundation) is going into CDs, etc.  I would not risk a penny of it.

J'aime La France.

United States
                          Member #121745
                          January 16, 2012
                          4801 Posts
                          Posted: June 9, 2014, 8:37 pm - IP Logged

I Agree! Both greedy and stupid. The guy who invested in that hotel with no experience or legal consultation was absolutely foolish. They took that hotel from him without even putting up a fight. I still felt bad for him as being away from his family was bad enough but living in a trailer during the week just made it worse.

He would have been better off getting a degree with that money (even if he did not need to work again) and improving his self esteem.

J'aime La France.

United States
                            Member #118609
                            November 4, 2011
                            939 Posts
                            Posted: June 9, 2014, 8:52 pm - IP Logged

He would have been better off getting a degree with that money (even if he did not need to work again) and improving his self esteem.

That was a sad story.  So was James Gadske, who fell apart after losing his parents.  A real rags to riches story who chose to live in a hotel.   Some of these stories I would like to see how they fared.  One of my favorites is Brad Duke in Idaho.  The last update on him was after buying a house on a lake, a sportscar, charities, he had more than he started with because he chose to invest.

United States
                              Member #121745
                              January 16, 2012
                              4801 Posts
                              Posted: June 9, 2014, 8:56 pm - IP Logged

That was a sad story.  So was James Gadske, who fell apart after losing his parents.  A real rags to riches story who chose to live in a hotel.   Some of these stories I would like to see how they fared.  One of my favorites is Brad Duke in Idaho.  The last update on him was after buying a house on a lake, a sportscar, charities, he had more than he started with because he chose to invest.

Was James the guy who took care of stray cats?

J'aime La France.