Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 4:15 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Im creating a free lottery!

Topic closed. 87 replies. Last post 2 years ago by iridebmx.

Page 1 of 6
PrintE-mailLink

Would you play a free progressive lottery?

Yes [ 16 ]  [57.14%]
No [ 12 ]  [42.86%]
Total Valid Votes [ 28 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 4 ]  
Fort Worth
United States
Member #157353
July 16, 2014
44 Posts
Posted: July 31, 2014, 9:43 pm - IP Logged

In a previous thread I questioned whether or not a free lottery would be possible.

Well it is. After a mere act of chance I have come up with a way to create a free lottery. Although the lottery will be free, it will cost me thousands of dollars in developmental costs. For that reason im seeking council before I take on any personal debt to deliver something nobody may want.

I have a patent for the process, and the idea is still relatively new so im not wanting to disclose too much about it. In time if the reaction is good I will start revealing how it works, and clear up some questions that may arise. There is no competition in this space, and I plan to keep it that way for both the users experience. The last thing I want is for people with little integrity abusing my method, which will result in users being abused as well.

Ok now for the good part!!

The lottery is absolutely free! You wont need to sign up for anything or enter any personal information or credit card info or anything like that. When I say that it means all you have to do is just play. This isnt a fake game either, and if you win, you win real money. The lottery should be available to all states and countries (I still have to look over certain areas gaming laws, but I dont foresee to many issues) so the lottery should be available to most of the globe. There isnt an age requirement to play either. If you are 14 thats not a problem (13 years old or younger may be an issue in the U.S. just for payment purposes. If you are under 13 and you win, and I send you payment via paypal email or a check, a parent will need to use their email. The U.S. government has an act in place that doesnt allow anyone to have personal information of anyone 13 and under.) When you play, you can play as many times as you like. If you want to play 10 times a day or 1000 that isnt a problem. It only takes a few seconds for each drawing, and you find out instantly if you win.

Like I have said before this will take some personal money to create, so im doing some testing to see if anyone would want this. I have created a simple yes or no survey on survey monkey. It only takes a few seconds to vote, and you dont have to sign up for anything. You simply decide if you would play or not play.

Mods if there is something here that isnt appropriate please let me know, and I will edit or you delete whatever it is.

Cliffs

-free lottery

-real money

-not location oriented

-unlimited plays

-instantly win

-no age requirements

-only takes seconds to play

-Im in need of idea validation. If people are on board for the free lottery I will take out a loan and create it, and we will get people winninng

United States
    Member #128790
    June 2, 2012
    5431 Posts
    Posted: July 31, 2014, 9:55 pm - IP Logged

Seven or eight years ago I read somewhere, I forget, about such a system for playing the lottery for free. I don't remember the specifics, but I do remember that it was interesting, although, I also remember vaguely that there was a catch of some sort. Maybe the word "catch" isn't so fitting, but it's the best I can do.

Count me in iridebmx, who wouldn't want cost free lottery? lol

Fort Worth
      United States
      Member #157353
      July 16, 2014
      44 Posts
      Posted: July 31, 2014, 10:00 pm - IP Logged

No catch at all :) The only catch is that if I develop it and people dont play, im going to be hearing from the debt collectors for a while.

Actually there is one catch but its not really a catch. The number that you see is what you win. That number is not the total amount though because a percentage has to be stored for the next jackpot to start (people wont want to play if the pot is empty) and a little bit goes to the marketing, and a little goes to me to pay back the loan and put food on my table.

mypiemaster's avatar - 2015021003pileofcash
        JACKPOT HUNTER

United States
        Member #141034
        April 2, 2013
        1419 Posts
        Posted: July 31, 2014, 10:03 pm - IP Logged

If you had it patented{or is it just patent pending?}, and you make it fun and free to the masses, chances are that a lot of people will surely participate unless there is an "ugly catch" that you are not disclosing at the moment. Is there a catch?. Edit: I see you were typing your answer, while I was typing my question. Cool.

Seek and ye shall find -Matt. 7:7 ...Ask and ye shall receive -John 16:24 ...Give and it shall be given unto you -Luke 6:38 ...Be careful what you ask for!!! -Mypiemaster 1:1

Having Money Solves Problems That Not Having Money Creates Yes Nod ****John Carlton****

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
          u$a
          United States
          Member #106665
          February 22, 2011
          19964 Posts
          Posted: July 31, 2014, 10:19 pm - IP Logged

You wont need to sign up for anything or enter any personal information or credit card info or anything like that. When I say that it means all you have to do is just play.

Smash how would one Collect their winnings

Let it Snow Snowman

United States
            Member #128790
            June 2, 2012
            5431 Posts
            Posted: July 31, 2014, 10:23 pm - IP Logged

No catch at all :) The only catch is that if I develop it and people dont play, im going to be hearing from the debt collectors for a while.

Actually there is one catch but its not really a catch. The number that you see is what you win. That number is not the total amount though because a percentage has to be stored for the next jackpot to start (people wont want to play if the pot is empty) and a little bit goes to the marketing, and a little goes to me to pay back the loan and put food on my table.

I'll play, no worries. lol

My question is, let's say I win 5,000 bucks gross for example. What would be the approximate net amount take home after the expenses you mentioned earlier?

u$a
              United States
              Member #106665
              February 22, 2011
              19964 Posts
              Posted: July 31, 2014, 10:33 pm - IP Logged

hey where you go riding your bmx bike around town Hat

Let it Snow Snowman

Igamble's avatar - spider
                nj
                United States
                Member #145657
                August 10, 2013
                999 Posts
                Posted: July 31, 2014, 10:46 pm - IP Logged

rng/live drawing with real balls ?or you just make out some winning  numbers based on lunar movement  and we trust you ?i will surely play not .

United States
                  Member #128790
                  June 2, 2012
                  5431 Posts
                  Posted: July 31, 2014, 10:49 pm - IP Logged

rng/live drawing with real balls ?or you just make out some winning  numbers based on lunar movement  and we trust you ?i will surely play not .

No one I can think of would be satisfied with anything less than the actual winning numbers, based on real official state by state draw results..

u$a
                    United States
                    Member #106665
                    February 22, 2011
                    19964 Posts
                    Posted: July 31, 2014, 10:57 pm - IP Logged

Green laugh

Let it Snow Snowman

United States
                      Member #116344
                      September 8, 2011
                      3938 Posts
                      Posted: July 31, 2014, 10:59 pm - IP Logged

''No catch at all :) The only catch is that if I develop it and people dont play, im going to be hearing from the debt collectors for a while.  Actually there is one catch but its not really a catch."

I can smell the CATCH from far !!

LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
                        Happyland
                        United States
                        Member #146344
                        September 1, 2013
                        1130 Posts
                        Posted: July 31, 2014, 11:01 pm - IP Logged

Not to sound distasteful, but you're going to take a loan and proceed to just give away money out of the kindness of your heart?

There is always a catch, profit motive, whatever. Even PCH and other giveaways have catches...usually surrendering personal information. It would be impossible to pay anyone without some sort of information. How would the lottery be funded? Ads? Surveys?

So you have a patent for a process that has been overlooked by GTECH, Scientific Games, et al billion dollar gaming corporations? I find that difficult to believe.

The only way this will be legal in most U.S. states is if it qualifies as a sweepstakes. Taking a cut of the winnings would disqualify.

Please consult an attorney and a mathematician before you even take another breath. If you're broke, find someone pro-bono; you can contact any university math department and they will be glad to help out. Personally I would never get a loan for such a venture....if it's so great you should be able to get investors.

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
                        If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

2017: 0% (0 tickets)
                        P&L % = Total Win($)/Total Wager($) - 1

United States
                          Member #128790
                          June 2, 2012
                          5431 Posts
                          Posted: July 31, 2014, 11:02 pm - IP Logged

''No catch at all :) The only catch is that if I develop it and people dont play, im going to be hearing from the debt collectors for a while.  Actually there is one catch but its not really a catch."

I can smell the CATCH from far !!

OMG!!!!, You just made me spit my beer.

Green laugh

LottoBux's avatar - 2elh5if
                            Ontario
                            Canada
                            Member #109243
                            April 9, 2011
                            31439 Posts
                            Posted: July 31, 2014, 11:19 pm - IP Logged

You wont need to sign up for anything or enter any personal information or credit card info or anything like that. When I say that it means all you have to do is just play.

Smash how would one Collect their winnings

If you are under 13 and you win, and I send you payment via paypal email or a check, a parent will need to use their email.

I Guess The Same Would Apply To Anyone Over The Age Of 13

u$a
                              United States
                              Member #106665
                              February 22, 2011
                              19964 Posts
                              Posted: July 31, 2014, 11:23 pm - IP Logged

Not to sound distasteful, but you're going to take a loan and proceed to just give away money out of the kindness of your heart?

There is always a catch, profit motive, whatever. Even PCH and other giveaways have catches...usually surrendering personal information. It would be impossible to pay anyone without some sort of information. How would the lottery be funded? Ads? Surveys?

So you have a patent for a process that has been overlooked by GTECH, Scientific Games, et al billion dollar gaming corporations? I find that difficult to believe.

The only way this will be legal in most U.S. states is if it qualifies as a sweepstakes. Taking a cut of the winnings would disqualify.

Please consult an attorney and a mathematician before you even take another breath. If you're broke, find someone pro-bono; you can contact any university math department and they will be glad to help out. Personally I would never get a loan for such a venture....if it's so great you should be able to get investors.

but you're going to take a loan and proceed to just give away money out of the kindness of your heart?

HE SOUNDS SO NICE!! Love

Let it Snow Snowman