Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 9:00 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Im creating a free lottery!

Topic closed. 87 replies. Last post 2 years ago by iridebmx.

Page 3 of 6
PrintE-mailLink

Would you play a free progressive lottery?

Yes [ 16 ]  [57.14%]
No [ 12 ]  [42.86%]
Total Valid Votes [ 28 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 4 ]  
helpmewin's avatar - dandy
u$a
United States
Member #106665
February 22, 2011
19782 Posts
Posted: August 1, 2014, 12:16 am - IP Logged

I Know Helpmewin But Smiley

You Know The Old Saying:

If It Sounds Too Good To Be True,It Usually Is.

he's back Hiding Behind Computer

Let it Snow Snowman

United States
    Member #128790
    June 2, 2012
    5431 Posts
    Posted: August 1, 2014, 12:19 am - IP Logged

Nope no ugly catches unless a few seconds per play is too taxing. One of my biggest challenges is making the game fun, and the marketing. The free part is only a problem for me since it will come out of pocket to develop, unless I can find a tech investor (not a solicitation)

Im not sure about the fun part though. I get a little rush when I sit down and see if my numbers are being called or scratching off two matching numbers on a scratch off because i paid for it, and im hoping for a reward. This is a different animal though. The drawings are able to be done very quickly and for free, so im not sure what user retention would be like?

With all due respect, based on your writing abilities, I have a gut feeling you aren't equipped to take on such a paramount project. You read more like a person who has a genuine drive/passion to make his dream a reality, but wouldn't be able to handle the logistics. 

Fort Worth
      United States
      Member #157353
      July 16, 2014
      44 Posts
      Posted: August 1, 2014, 12:24 am - IP Logged

You wont need to sign up for anything or enter any personal information or credit card info or anything like that. When I say that it means all you have to do is just play.

Smash how would one Collect their winnings

Fort Worth
      United States
      Member #157355
      July 16, 2014
      16 Posts
      Posted: Today, 12:23 am - IP LoggedReplyEditDeleteFavorites

For now I think you would fill out a form for how you would want to be payed. So if you won like 10$ for getting close you would be prompted with maybe a little form that you would put a paypal email in and the money would be sent as a gift. (this is just the easiest method) You could choose how you wanted to receive payments whether its through western union or whatever it is. For large jackpots the process would be different, and very uncommon but it could be wired or sent via check depending on the laws in place (irs would probably need it to be documented) and it would come in the form of a lump sum.

Theres secure forms of online payment though so something like paypal would be the easiest and most common method or i think stripe is a new one.

Is there a multiquote? This could take a while lol

Fort Worth
        United States
        Member #157353
        July 16, 2014
        44 Posts
        Posted: August 1, 2014, 12:28 am - IP Logged

I'll play, no worries. lol

My question is, let's say I win 5,000 bucks gross for example. What would be the approximate net amount take home after the expenses you mentioned earlier?

If you played and the jackpot said 5k you would take 5k. After taxes im not sure. I would write a check for 5k and then that 5k would then be taxed by prize tax laws. I still need to contact an attorney but whatever the jackpot says is whatever you win minus your local governments or federal governments take. It would be similar to having a salary of 60k and then getting taxed when you file your taxes i believe.

Fort Worth
          United States
          Member #157353
          July 16, 2014
          44 Posts
          Posted: August 1, 2014, 12:30 am - IP Logged

hey where you go riding your bmx bike around town Hat

Usually a skatepark in irving texas :) its been a few weeks since ive ridden.

Fort Worth
            United States
            Member #157353
            July 16, 2014
            44 Posts
            Posted: August 1, 2014, 12:33 am - IP Logged

rng/live drawing with real balls ?or you just make out some winning  numbers based on lunar movement  and we trust you ?i will surely play not .

RNG. Some people are real adamant about them but from a logistics standpoint its the most practical approach. I would like to do drawings with real balls, but there would be a lot of split winnings and i would need user accounts on file etc. In a perfect world it would work :P

Fort Worth
              United States
              Member #157353
              July 16, 2014
              44 Posts
              Posted: August 1, 2014, 12:37 am - IP Logged

No one I can think of would be satisfied with anything less than the actual winning numbers, based on real official state by state draw results..

Thats what the state lotteries are for :P you gotta drive to the gas station, fill out a ticket, pay, and wait, and then hope you win.

My way is free,quick,and you can play as many times as you like, with no age restrictions.

United States
                Member #128790
                June 2, 2012
                5431 Posts
                Posted: August 1, 2014, 12:39 am - IP Logged

Thats what the state lotteries are for :P you gotta drive to the gas station, fill out a ticket, pay, and wait, and then hope you win.

My way is free,quick,and you can play as many times as you like, with no age restrictions.

So what are you basing the winning numbers on, If not the state's official draw results?

What I'm basically asking is who decides what the winning number is?

Fort Worth
                  United States
                  Member #157353
                  July 16, 2014
                  44 Posts
                  Posted: August 1, 2014, 12:51 am - IP Logged

Not to sound distasteful, but you're going to take a loan and proceed to just give away money out of the kindness of your heart?

There is always a catch, profit motive, whatever. Even PCH and other giveaways have catches...usually surrendering personal information. It would be impossible to pay anyone without some sort of information. How would the lottery be funded? Ads? Surveys?

So you have a patent for a process that has been overlooked by GTECH, Scientific Games, et al billion dollar gaming corporations? I find that difficult to believe.

The only way this will be legal in most U.S. states is if it qualifies as a sweepstakes. Taking a cut of the winnings would disqualify.

Please consult an attorney and a mathematician before you even take another breath. If you're broke, find someone pro-bono; you can contact any university math department and they will be glad to help out. Personally I would never get a loan for such a venture....if it's so great you should be able to get investors.

No its a mutual relationship. I get payed a little and the users get payed when they win. I am in the process of finding investors as well. I was waiting for my patent to be cleared before contacting anyone.

I have looked at lottery law, and its more close to a sweepstakes than a lottery, and I dont think it falls into sweepstake law either. I will consult an attorney on this as well.

Fort Worth
                    United States
                    Member #157353
                    July 16, 2014
                    44 Posts
                    Posted: August 1, 2014, 12:54 am - IP Logged

Winning numbers are based on what the random number generator generates. So there would be a set number, and the generator would have to match that number. All done electronically. The code in the program decides who wins by whoever matches. A human cannot choose the winner.

LottoBux's avatar - 2elh5if
                      Ontario
                      Canada
                      Member #109243
                      April 9, 2011
                      31437 Posts
                      Posted: August 1, 2014, 12:58 am - IP Logged

Winning numbers are based on what the random number generator generates. So there would be a set number, and the generator would have to match that number. All done electronically. The code in the program decides who wins by whoever matches. A human cannot choose the winner.

So Like An Eight  Or 9 Digit Number?

With Any Lower Prizes Or Just For Matching The Whole Number?

Fort Worth
                        United States
                        Member #157353
                        July 16, 2014
                        44 Posts
                        Posted: August 1, 2014, 12:58 am - IP Logged

If you are under 13 and you win, and I send you payment via paypal email or a check, a parent will need to use their email.

I Guess The Same Would Apply To Anyone Over The Age Of 13

The payment would still be the same. I was basically saying I cant collect any type of contact or billing information from someone 13 or younger. The contact or billing information is strictly for sending payment as well. If you just wanted 700$ sent directly to your paypal email you would just put that in, and that would be the end of it.

If you are curious COPA is the child online protection act which is why there is the 13 and younger age limit.

Fort Worth
                          United States
                          Member #157353
                          July 16, 2014
                          44 Posts
                          Posted: August 1, 2014, 1:03 am - IP Logged

So Like An Eight  Or 9 Digit Number?

With Any Lower Prizes Or Just For Matching The Whole Number?

I will have to talk to my developer but he said a matching whole number is possible. I didnt bring up the idea of lower prize numbers but i certainly like the idea. I dont see it being a problem either. The code would look something like (Random.Range(min, max) == wantedNumber) and i think from there you can choose the wanted numbers so 6 out of 7 numbers could execute a line of code that would trigger a small win, and 7 out of 7 would trigger a large win.

Fort Worth
                            United States
                            Member #157353
                            July 16, 2014
                            44 Posts
                            Posted: August 1, 2014, 1:05 am - IP Logged

That is so dirty! I would walk out with a slot machine :P

Fort Worth
                              United States
                              Member #157353
                              July 16, 2014
                              44 Posts
                              Posted: August 1, 2014, 1:08 am - IP Logged

This sounds like it might be a twist on the guy who advertises "Play the lottery for free" and you become part of a club that is selling tickets for the Florida lotto.

Also, gambling for 13 and under is only going to bring a lot of legal heat. Even under 18 or 21 would.

Oh im well aware of this :) the publicity it would bring would help out lol.

Its not gambling though but it still has fundamentals. Its similar to giving kids candy ciggarettes.