Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 12:53 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Im creating a free lottery!

Topic closed. 87 replies. Last post 2 years ago by iridebmx.

Page 4 of 6
PrintE-mailLink

Would you play a free progressive lottery?

Yes [ 16 ]  [57.14%]
No [ 12 ]  [42.86%]
Total Valid Votes [ 28 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 4 ]  
Fort Worth
United States
Member #157353
July 16, 2014
44 Posts
Posted: August 1, 2014, 1:12 am - IP Logged

I Know Helpmewin But Smiley

You Know The Old Saying:

If It Sounds Too Good To Be True,It Usually Is.

The only thing keeping it from being too good to be true is the government. Im still scanning over the law to make sure I dont have any hiccups. I will consult an attorney though. The government wont be too happy with me if I can make it work :P

Fort Worth
    United States
    Member #157353
    July 16, 2014
    44 Posts
    Posted: August 1, 2014, 1:15 am - IP Logged

Dont get me started on MLMs. People selling snake oil to their families and friends 99% of the time.

LottoBux's avatar - 2elh5if
      Ontario
      Canada
      Member #109243
      April 9, 2011
      31437 Posts
      Posted: August 1, 2014, 1:22 am - IP Logged

Dont get me started on MLMs. People selling snake oil to their families and friends 99% of the time.

I Agree! MLM Has NO Boundaries.

Fort Worth
        United States
        Member #157353
        July 16, 2014
        44 Posts
        Posted: August 1, 2014, 1:38 am - IP Logged

I Agree! MLM Has NO Boundaries.

You're about to make me derail this thread lol. Every "brand ambassador" I have ever talked to is a zombie! Some believe that "saving money is making money" Others believe "you can burn fat from certain areas of your body" Water retention maybe. They are in a completely different world lol.

mypiemaster's avatar - 2015021003pileofcash
          JACKPOT HUNTER

United States
          Member #141034
          April 2, 2013
          1406 Posts
          Posted: August 1, 2014, 1:38 am - IP Logged

No its a mutual relationship. I get payed a little and the users get payed when they win. I am in the process of finding investors as well. I was waiting for my patent to be cleared before contacting anyone.

I have looked at lottery law, and its more close to a sweepstakes than a lottery, and I dont think it falls into sweepstake law either. I will consult an attorney on this as well.

C'mon you have to keep your story straight for any investors to even look your way. You started out by saying,"I have a patent for the process...". I asked you if it's patent pending. Now you said,"I was waiting for my patent to be cleared before contacting anyone". Good Luck to you in your search, it might help blow up your bank account. Never give up.

Seek and ye shall find -Matt. 7:7 ...Ask and ye shall receive -John 16:24 ...Give and it shall be given unto you -Luke 6:38 ...Be careful what you ask for!!! -Mypiemaster 1:1

Having Money Solves Problems That Not Having Money Creates Yes Nod ****John Carlton****

Fort Worth
            United States
            Member #157353
            July 16, 2014
            44 Posts
            Posted: August 1, 2014, 2:02 am - IP Logged

C'mon you have to keep your story straight for any investors to even look your way. You started out by saying,"I have a patent for the process...". I asked you if it's patent pending. Now you said,"I was waiting for my patent to be cleared before contacting anyone". Good Luck to you in your search, it might help blow up your bank account. Never give up.

My bad :) I was saying that I was waiting for the patent to be approved before contacting an investor. It has been approved so now I can approach investors a little more openly, and yes it is pending. After I release a minimum viable product I will shell out the rest of the cash to get the non provisional. Theres proprietary information in the provisional, and if I go the non route it will become public record, and then people can circumvent it if its not bulletproof. Also thank you for the kind words :)

cbr$'s avatar - maren
              Cordova,Al.
              United States
              Member #104482
              January 15, 2011
              4853 Posts
              Posted: August 1, 2014, 3:17 am - IP Logged

No catch at all :) The only catch is that if I develop it and people dont play, im going to be hearing from the debt collectors for a while.

Actually there is one catch but its not really a catch. The number that you see is what you win. That number is not the total amount though because a percentage has to be stored for the next jackpot to start (people wont want to play if the pot is empty) and a little bit goes to the marketing, and a little goes to me to pay back the loan and put food on my table.

Actually,   I'm looking at this , idea of your for a free Lottery. There are two places in it where you seen to be trying to avoid direct questions. Statement #[1] "...the only catch is if you develop it & people don't play....etc. The minute you sell the first ticket to the people, even if they decide the game is not meeting their expectation. You are now committed to making a pay- out.                                                                Second statement that sounds wishy - washy is this one " ....there is one catch but not really a catch." The last statement is the loop- hole. the number that you see is what you win.  Your lottery has a cap on it prize payout amount. This is not a progressive game. You can continue to say how high the jackpot has gotten, but the jack- pot winner take will remain the same, because you put a price cap on it.To me this look like a buyer' be ware type of game.

Sunny California
                United States
                Member #40295
                May 31, 2006
                7712 Posts
                Posted: August 1, 2014, 7:46 am - IP Logged

I'm curious about your patent. A relative of mine has a "patent pending" and that really doesn't mean a thing. Just that the board is looking it over,not that it's actually been approved. And it takes around 3 years now for that to happen. First they told him 2, but now it's turned into 3. Just tells you how many people out there have patents "pending".

It cost around $10,000 just to get the whole ball of wax rolling. So are you telling me you've already invested this type of money into an "idea"? Because I didn't think you could patent an "idea". It's not a tangible thing.

Fort Worth
                  United States
                  Member #157353
                  July 16, 2014
                  44 Posts
                  Posted: August 1, 2014, 2:07 pm - IP Logged

Actually,   I'm looking at this , idea of your for a free Lottery. There are two places in it where you seen to be trying to avoid direct questions. Statement #[1] "...the only catch is if you develop it & people don't play....etc. The minute you sell the first ticket to the people, even if they decide the game is not meeting their expectation. You are now committed to making a pay- out.                                                                Second statement that sounds wishy - washy is this one " ....there is one catch but not really a catch." The last statement is the loop- hole. the number that you see is what you win.  Your lottery has a cap on it prize payout amount. This is not a progressive game. You can continue to say how high the jackpot has gotten, but the jack- pot winner take will remain the same, because you put a price cap on it.To me this look like a buyer' be ware type of game.

I cant sell any tickets legally so that is out of the way. Its a free lottery. If they win they win.

Also the number that you see is what you win is what it is. The number automatically updates so it is progressive. If you started playing at 1pm the jackpot would be higher at 6pm as long as nobody won a small prize or the large prize.

MillionsWanted's avatar - 24Qa6LT

Norway
                    Member #9517
                    December 10, 2004
                    1271 Posts
                    Posted: August 1, 2014, 2:14 pm - IP Logged

I do not want to sound like a party pooper, but it will not work.

Where are you going to get the money you will use for prizes?

Fort Worth
                      United States
                      Member #157353
                      July 16, 2014
                      44 Posts
                      Posted: August 1, 2014, 2:15 pm - IP Logged

I'm curious about your patent. A relative of mine has a "patent pending" and that really doesn't mean a thing. Just that the board is looking it over,not that it's actually been approved. And it takes around 3 years now for that to happen. First they told him 2, but now it's turned into 3. Just tells you how many people out there have patents "pending".

It cost around $10,000 just to get the whole ball of wax rolling. So are you telling me you've already invested this type of money into an "idea"? Because I didn't think you could patent an "idea". It's not a tangible thing.

A pending patent means that I was the first to file. That means that if someone else tries copying what im doing, they can be held liable.

Every patent you see is an idea. There are some things you cant patent, but my idea would fall under a process. Its similar to someone vulcanizing rubber. You can patent the process that is used to vulcanize rubber the same way you would patent the steps involved to make a free lottery work.

Fort Worth
                        United States
                        Member #157353
                        July 16, 2014
                        44 Posts
                        Posted: August 1, 2014, 2:17 pm - IP Logged

I do not want to sound like a party pooper, but it will not work.

Where are you going to get the money you will use for prizes?

Thats the secret sauce :) If I gave that away everyone would be trying to do it. I would be more concerned whether there is some law that I overlooked.

lottoarchitect's avatar - waveform

Greece
                          Member #2815
                          November 18, 2003
                          502 Posts
                          Posted: August 1, 2014, 2:36 pm - IP Logged

Thats the secret sauce :) If I gave that away everyone would be trying to do it. I would be more concerned whether there is some law that I overlooked.

Sounds like the well known pyramid scheme which is illegal from start to the end. The concept is basically, each participant will pay once a membership and will be allowed to play for free and win small amounts if he introduces more people to that scheme (with diminished payouts every time). There is no way other than that for this idea to work. If what you say about COMPLETELY FREE play is true but those who play (but don't pay anything) can win money, the only way to do so is to have a machine printing money; money don't fall from the sky, do they? You also don't have a legal money printing machine, do you?Another option is to have ads shown at the website but money is rather low here to even bother with this - I trust this isn't what you are after. You have been warned for the pyramid scheme however.

Fort Worth
                            United States
                            Member #157353
                            July 16, 2014
                            44 Posts
                            Posted: August 1, 2014, 2:46 pm - IP Logged

Sounds like the well known pyramid scheme which is illegal from start to the end. The concept is basically, each participant will pay once a membership and will be allowed to play for free and win small amounts if he introduces more people to that scheme (with diminished payouts every time). There is no way other than that for this idea to work. If what you say about COMPLETELY FREE play is true but those who play (but don't pay anything) can win money, the only way to do so is to have a machine printing money; money don't fall from the sky, do they? You also don't have a legal money printing machine, do you?Another option is to have ads shown at the website but money is rather low here to even bother with this - I trust this isn't what you are after. You have been warned for the pyramid scheme however.

Its free dude lol. When I say free I mean free. There is a way for it to work. The law im a little confused about is whether or not it falls into the sweepstakes territory due to the element of chance.

LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
                              Happyland
                              United States
                              Member #146344
                              September 1, 2013
                              1129 Posts
                              Posted: August 1, 2014, 8:02 pm - IP Logged

Its free dude lol. When I say free I mean free. There is a way for it to work. The law im a little confused about is whether or not it falls into the sweepstakes territory due to the element of chance.

Usually sweepstakes require:

• No purchase necessary
                              • Open to the general public of legal age (18-21...in most places minors can't consent)
                              • ALL prizes and their values required to be set in stone and stated UPFRONT
                              • Prize giveaway can't be conditional on number of participants and must have set start/end/draw dates

Progressive jackpot is a lottery and you will get calls from every gaming commission out there.

For instance, according to California's Business and Professions Code sections 17539-17539.55:

"... a contest in which participation is conditioned on payment of value and in which prizes are awarded primarily by chance is a lottery rather than a contest. Under California law, only the California State Lottery may operate a lottery. All other lotteries, except bingo games operated by charitable organizations, are prohibited by California's Penal Code.16"

Most other states have something similar. Good luck.

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
                              If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

2016: -48.28% (13 tickets) ||
                              P&L % = Total Win($)/Total Wager($) - 1