Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 11:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Im creating a free lottery!

Topic closed. 87 replies. Last post 2 years ago by iridebmx.

Page 6 of 6
PrintE-mailLink

Would you play a free progressive lottery?

Yes [ 16 ]  [57.14%]
No [ 12 ]  [42.86%]
Total Valid Votes [ 28 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 4 ]  
BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
Dump Water Florida
United States
Member #380
June 5, 2002
3102 Posts
Posted: August 2, 2014, 7:55 am - IP Logged

I suggest you pay a visit to http://www.lotto-logix.com/games.html and look over each of the free lotto games that currently exist.  Their numbers have fallen like the number of independent search engines have, the shake out has left the strongest I hope.  Anyway read their rules, make copies, most are not legal in Florida, New York and some other places that have laws requiring a bond to guarantee prizes, etc.

On ebay and tradebit you can buy a lottery website script for a for a couple of bucks, might save your developer from starting from scratch.  Some of the free lottery games offered franchises, don't know if any still do, but they would be a good read even if you don't take the deal.  Also there were games like emaillotto that might still be on the internet archive (wayback machine) I believe the state of Washington went after that guy and ran him out of business.  Some states consider any cost such as paying for internet to be consideration.

Don't write checks you can't cash.

BobP

backwoods ga
    United States
    Member #155844
    May 31, 2014
    1886 Posts
    Posted: August 2, 2014, 8:04 am - IP Logged

25,000 a year? Is it really worth it to you to go through all this trouble for $12 bucks an hour?

Why do people nick pick over every little thing.. 

$25,000 was just a throwing a figure out there. 

I don't know what websites make off miscellaneous ad revenue etc...

I know now you're intelligent enough to know that.

omg!!!

btw. Over half of America get paid less than $25,000 a year and do far more ..

so if it's an additional stream of income.  It's great. 

Sorta  like the lottery newsletter you may or may not have up your sleeve.

Don't rain on the young fellas parade.  Instead be resourceful and encouraging

my name Lil Darryl   you got some Milk

backwoods ga
      United States
      Member #155844
      May 31, 2014
      1886 Posts
      Posted: August 2, 2014, 8:06 am - IP Logged

I suggest you pay a visit to http://www.lotto-logix.com/games.html and look over each of the free lotto games that currently exist.  Their numbers have fallen like the number of independent search engines have, the shake out has left the strongest I hope.  Anyway read their rules, make copies, most are not legal in Florida, New York and some other places that have laws requiring a bond to guarantee prizes, etc.

On ebay and tradebit you can buy a lottery website script for a for a couple of bucks, might save your developer from starting from scratch.  Some of the free lottery games offered franchises, don't know if any still do, but they would be a good read even if you don't take the deal.  Also there were games like emaillotto that might still be on the internet archive (wayback machine) I believe the state of Washington went after that guy and ran him out of business.  Some states consider any cost such as paying for internet to be consideration.

Don't write checks you can't cash.

BobP

Thanks 4 Being helpful and resourceful.

Sunny California
        United States
        Member #40295
        May 31, 2006
        7712 Posts
        Posted: August 2, 2014, 8:21 am - IP Logged

Why do people nick pick over every little thing.. 

$25,000 was just a throwing a figure out there. 

I don't know what websites make off miscellaneous ad revenue etc...

I know now you're intelligent enough to know that.

omg!!!

btw. Over half of America get paid less than $25,000 a year and do far more ..

so if it's an additional stream of income.  It's great. 

Sorta  like the lottery newsletter you may or may not have up your sleeve.

Don't rain on the young fellas parade.  Instead be resourceful and encouraging

Just sayin it doesn't seem worth it to me. All the lawyers,all the red tape etc etc. And as far as my newsletter,I'm very realistic. I know I probably wouldn't make a dime on it. It would be more of a service to players. Anything "lottery related", (unless you really know what you're doing and have the budget for advertisement) is not going to make you rich.

backwoods ga
          United States
          Member #155844
          May 31, 2014
          1886 Posts
          Posted: August 2, 2014, 8:38 am - IP Logged

Who ever thought lotterypost would have 157,000 members. Of which I'd say 3% maybe paying $7.99 a month.  That's 4710 members paying $7.99 that's $37,632 a month. Even at 1% of paying members  thats

1570 paying $7.99  is $12,544 a month... Plus all the other income the site brings in...

I say. A newsletter can make you money.  Have you seen all the Locked Up, Busted, who's in Jail

newsletters that sell at gas stations.  They can't stay on the shelves. So even with a lottery newsletter. You will have a ton of followers.  As you already have.  So you too will get ad revenue.  Major advertisers trying to advertise to your site visitors.  Etc.  so I say go ahead with your newsletter s. Good luck..

and I say to the guy trying do a free lottery.  Go ahead with his idea also.  Can't find out something. Unless you try.

LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
            Happyland
            United States
            Member #146344
            September 1, 2013
            1129 Posts
            Posted: August 2, 2014, 1:02 pm - IP Logged

Who ever thought lotterypost would have 157,000 members. Of which I'd say 3% maybe paying $7.99 a month.  That's 4710 members paying $7.99 that's $37,632 a month. Even at 1% of paying members  thats

1570 paying $7.99  is $12,544 a month... Plus all the other income the site brings in...

I say. A newsletter can make you money.  Have you seen all the Locked Up, Busted, who's in Jail

newsletters that sell at gas stations.  They can't stay on the shelves. So even with a lottery newsletter. You will have a ton of followers.  As you already have.  So you too will get ad revenue.  Major advertisers trying to advertise to your site visitors.  Etc.  so I say go ahead with your newsletter s. Good luck..

and I say to the guy trying do a free lottery.  Go ahead with his idea also.  Can't find out something. Unless you try.

I may be wrong but there are only about 815 members (720 Platinum and 95 Gold) who currently pay a subscription. That's between $4,600-$6,200 per month....nothing to scoff at of course but considering how much work a large forum requires (I've been there), it isn't like winning the lottery. Obviously this doesn't include Standard members who may subscribe once or every now and then, or Guests (banned) users who used to pay. Nor does it include revenue from any advertising etc. If iridebmx thinks advertising revenue will be enough for a free lottery, consider how many other sites have tried the same thing.

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
            If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

2016: -48.28% (13 tickets) ||
            P&L % = Total Win($)/Total Wager($) - 1

Fort Worth
              United States
              Member #157353
              July 16, 2014
              44 Posts
              Posted: August 2, 2014, 1:44 pm - IP Logged

25,000 a year? Is it really worth it to you to go through all this trouble for $12 bucks an hour?

Thats completely passive though. Would take maybe an hour a day. It would be like collecting royalties.

Fort Worth
                United States
                Member #157353
                July 16, 2014
                44 Posts
                Posted: August 2, 2014, 1:48 pm - IP Logged

Also thanks for the encouragement, and picking the idea for flaws guys. Hopefully it will allow me to develop a better product (if possible)

Japan
                  Member #151985
                  February 1, 2014
                  19 Posts
                  Posted: August 2, 2014, 9:49 pm - IP Logged

Thats nice why not to try....thats for free

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                    u$a
                    United States
                    Member #106665
                    February 22, 2011
                    19767 Posts
                    Posted: August 3, 2014, 6:46 am - IP Logged

Also thanks for the encouragement, and picking the idea for flaws guys. Hopefully it will allow me to develop a better product (if possible)

Have you ever heard the expression if you build it they will come Smiley

Let it Snow Snowman

Fort Worth
                      United States
                      Member #157353
                      July 16, 2014
                      44 Posts
                      Posted: August 3, 2014, 11:07 pm - IP Logged

Have you ever heard the expression if you build it they will come Smiley

I have lol. I still need to find out if its 100% legal though. I dont want it to be "if you build it, they will fine you"

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                        u$a
                        United States
                        Member #106665
                        February 22, 2011
                        19767 Posts
                        Posted: August 4, 2014, 9:07 am - IP Logged

I have lol. I still need to find out if its 100% legal though. I dont want it to be "if you build it, they will fine you"

I Agree! Green laugh

Let it Snow Snowman

Fort Worth
                          United States
                          Member #157353
                          July 16, 2014
                          44 Posts
                          Posted: August 6, 2014, 6:27 pm - IP Logged

<snip> sweepstakes law. I didnt think it was so stringent. Unless I can find a loophole it cant be done on the scale I had planned.

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.