Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 10:44 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Are you having problems??

Topic closed. 71 replies. Last post 2 years ago by SergeM.

Page 1 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
DEE88's avatar - animal doggy2.jpg
PA
United States
Member #69849
January 18, 2009
14833 Posts
Posted: August 16, 2014, 12:38 am - IP Logged

I was wondering if anyone else is having problems on LP....like being knocked off or your computer locks up.... I don't have a problem on any other site just  LP....

2079    1085   8841    7227   3305   4651

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19816 Posts
    Posted: August 16, 2014, 1:53 am - IP Logged

I was after trying to install some freeware that installed Blasteroids on my computer which I couldn't uninstall and it got worst when I downed Spy Hunter to get rid of it which wanted a $39 fee to work which was reduced to $10 and I also couldn't uninstall.  I restored my computer to a restore point set last week before that crap was installed on my computer and that seems to have cleared it up.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

MzDuffleBaglady's avatar - Lottery-018.jpg

United States
      Member #81314
      October 16, 2009
      18966 Posts
      Posted: August 16, 2014, 2:06 am - IP Logged

I was wondering if anyone else is having problems on LP....like being knocked off or your computer locks up.... I don't have a problem on any other site just  LP....

Yes, sometimes, when I click to "reply", it freezes, then, it will clear up?

It's probably a bug in the update?

I don't know, but, it's getting on my nerve.

I did a de fragment today, to see if that will stop it, I run my virus scan everyday.

I will see if it happens on my tablet.

My computer is old, and I'm running Vista, lol.

The Struggle is real!

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
        Pennsylvania
        United States
        Member #74096
        May 2, 2009
        22851 Posts
        Posted: August 16, 2014, 7:39 am - IP Logged

Todd would tell you to empty your temp folder. Coffee

Personally I'm not having problems with LP, it loads and responds how it should but maybe it is something

you installed unknowingly? Have you restarted your computer lately?

I hope you'll be up and running normally soon Dee!

246 ~~ 485 ~~ 369 ~~ 890 ~~ 705 ~~ 357 ~~ 129 ~~ 165 ~  007 ~ 225 ~ 818 ~ 440 ~  7775 5557

DEE88's avatar - animal doggy2.jpg
          PA
          United States
          Member #69849
          January 18, 2009
          14833 Posts
          Posted: August 16, 2014, 10:11 am - IP Logged

Todd would tell you to empty your temp folder. Coffee

Personally I'm not having problems with LP, it loads and responds how it should but maybe it is something

you installed unknowingly? Have you restarted your computer lately?

I hope you'll be up and running normally soon Dee!

LMBO...I know dr65...I empty my cookies everyday....but I only have this problem on LP...and I have the newest version of   IE.....8.1....and my computer is only 1 year old...I shut my computer down every nite and it starts up every day fine it's just as the day goes on this happens...and you don't know when it will happen....so let's see how today goes...

2079    1085   8841    7227   3305   4651

kreative1's avatar - flower2
            NE PA
            United States
            Member #127838
            May 10, 2012
            1230 Posts
            Posted: August 16, 2014, 1:57 pm - IP Logged

I'm having the same problem Dee

It closes my window on a daily basis and it started with the update,I didn't have it before.

I thought it was the ads loading but since you don't get them I don't know what it is.

I don't have the problem in any other site so I don't think it's our pcs

It is frustrating.....

since Dr doesn't have it I thought maybe Todd being from NJ  didn't like PA people

LOL

pepper1's avatar - batman38
              hotatlanta
              United States
              Member #70664
              February 8, 2009
              1446 Posts
              Posted: August 16, 2014, 2:15 pm - IP Logged

I had this problem after installing 8.1. I restore back to the way it was, and my problem clearer up.

mypiemaster's avatar - 2015021003pileofcash
                JACKPOT HUNTER

United States
                Member #141034
                April 2, 2013
                1408 Posts
                Posted: August 16, 2014, 2:50 pm - IP Logged

LMBO...I know dr65...I empty my cookies everyday....but I only have this problem on LP...and I have the newest version of   IE.....8.1....and my computer is only 1 year old...I shut my computer down every nite and it starts up every day fine it's just as the day goes on this happens...and you don't know when it will happen....so let's see how today goes...

Try updating your browser to IE..11.X.XXXX where X= 0-9. IE..8.X.XXX is sort of ancient now. Also try compacting your registry. Hope that helps. 8.1 is known to be buggy but you already know that.

Seek and ye shall find -Matt. 7:7 ...Ask and ye shall receive -John 16:24 ...Give and it shall be given unto you -Luke 6:38 ...Be careful what you ask for!!! -Mypiemaster 1:1

Having Money Solves Problems That Not Having Money Creates Yes Nod ****John Carlton****

mypiemaster's avatar - 2015021003pileofcash
                  JACKPOT HUNTER

United States
                  Member #141034
                  April 2, 2013
                  1408 Posts
                  Posted: August 16, 2014, 2:53 pm - IP Logged

I had this problem after installing 8.1. I restore back to the way it was, and my problem clearer up.

IE..8.1 is kind of old and buggy. Try updating your browser to IE..11.0.xxxx. Good luck.

Seek and ye shall find -Matt. 7:7 ...Ask and ye shall receive -John 16:24 ...Give and it shall be given unto you -Luke 6:38 ...Be careful what you ask for!!! -Mypiemaster 1:1

Having Money Solves Problems That Not Having Money Creates Yes Nod ****John Carlton****

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                    Chief Bottle Washer
                    New Jersey
                    United States
                    Member #1
                    May 31, 2000
                    23259 Posts
                    Posted: August 16, 2014, 5:07 pm - IP Logged

Just so you folks know, Windows 8.1 is not buggy at all, and in fact runs Lottery Post better than any other Windows version out there.  This is a classic case of hysteria made up by people who are not technically savvy, and attribute problems caused by installing a million bad software apps to Windows.

If you're having trouble, it is most likely because you installed a bunch of crap on your PC that is mucking up your web browser.  Lottery Post has not been changed recently (so I'm not sure what "since the update" means), and is constantly tested on a variety of platforms going all the way down to Windows XP with IE8.

My recommendations:

• DO NOT mess with your registry.  DO NOT install any registry cleaners.  Those will corrupt your system for the most part.
                    • DO uninstall programs you do not use, or that you have no idea how they got installed.  Open your Windows Control Panel, click on "Uninstall a program" (or whatever the proper terminology is for your version of Windows), and go through the list of installed software, uninstalling all the toolbars, games, and other crap that you have installed and don't use.
                    • DO go into the Manage add-ons section of Internet Explorer and Disable all the add-ons that you don't use.  There will probably be a lot of them under "Toolbars and extensions".  The more you can disable, the better.
                    • DO clear your cache if you are experiencing text editor problems.  There are instructions for this in the Help forum.
                    • DO NOT clear cookies.  The ONLY time you need to clear cookies is if you are experiencing a Log In problem, or if you can't get your private message light to go off.
                    • DO try a different Web browser, such as Google Chrome or Firefox.  If the page works in a different Web browser but does not work in Internet Explorer (IE), then the problem is that your Internet Explorer is corrupted -- probably by all the junk you have installed, or maybe because you installed a bunch of Internet security software and it's blocking important stuff that makes the web pages work.
                    • DO upgrade to Windows 8.1.  It makes older computers FASTER and BETTER.  Do not listen to people who saying Windows 8.1 is some horrible monstrosity.  They don't know what they are talking about.  Learn how to use the new Windows, rather than being stuck in an old version that is going to eventually fail and be completely outmoded.  If you don't know how to upgrade Windows, look into buying a new computer.  These days you can get a good cheap laptop for a few hundred dollars.
                    • DO run Windows Update every week to see if there are new software updates to install.  ALWAYS immediately install all the updates that are available.  Be prepared to reboot.  If you don't even know what Windows Update is, then your computer is probably in bad shape.  GOOGLE IT AND LEARN.
                    • DO always upgrade Internet Explorer to the latest version that your computer is capable of running.  For Windows XP, that is IE 8.  For Windows Vista, that is IE 9.  For Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1, that is IE 11.  If you're not sure what version you're running, click the "gear" icon in the upper-right, and click About Internet Explorer.  Be sure "Install new versions automatically" is checkmarked, if that option is available in your version of IE.

There are certainly times when Lottery Post is unresponsive for 30 seconds or a minute, or maybe as much as 10 minutes.  EVERY website has SOME downtime.  It is unavoidable, because at some points the Internet itself has issues, or maybe I have to install some security updates or Website updates.

But these small blips of downtime are not every day, and only for a very short time.  I have monitoring software constantly running, so I know exactly when and how long it goes down.  The latest statistics are that from Jan. 1, 2014 until today, Lottery Post has been up 99.86% of the time.  Much of the downtime in that number (the 0.14% of downtime) has been completely out of my hands -- caused by Internet outages and the like.

I am sure that some people will continue to blame Lottery Post for their problems, no matter how much I describe these things in great detail.  But hopefully most of you will use this to understand that the vast majority of problems are right on your own PC, and this information will help to find and eliminate those problems.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

South Carolina
                      United States
                      Member #18322
                      July 9, 2005
                      1704 Posts
                      Posted: August 16, 2014, 5:41 pm - IP Logged

Just so you folks know, Windows 8.1 is not buggy at all, and in fact runs Lottery Post better than any other Windows version out there.  This is a classic case of hysteria made up by people who are not technically savvy, and attribute problems caused by installing a million bad software apps to Windows.

If you're having trouble, it is most likely because you installed a bunch of crap on your PC that is mucking up your web browser.  Lottery Post has not been changed recently (so I'm not sure what "since the update" means), and is constantly tested on a variety of platforms going all the way down to Windows XP with IE8.

My recommendations:

• DO NOT mess with your registry.  DO NOT install any registry cleaners.  Those will corrupt your system for the most part.
                      • DO uninstall programs you do not use, or that you have no idea how they got installed.  Open your Windows Control Panel, click on "Uninstall a program" (or whatever the proper terminology is for your version of Windows), and go through the list of installed software, uninstalling all the toolbars, games, and other crap that you have installed and don't use.
                      • DO go into the Manage add-ons section of Internet Explorer and Disable all the add-ons that you don't use.  There will probably be a lot of them under "Toolbars and extensions".  The more you can disable, the better.
                      • DO clear your cache if you are experiencing text editor problems.  There are instructions for this in the Help forum.
                      • DO NOT clear cookies.  The ONLY time you need to clear cookies is if you are experiencing a Log In problem, or if you can't get your private message light to go off.
                      • DO try a different Web browser, such as Google Chrome or Firefox.  If the page works in a different Web browser but does not work in Internet Explorer (IE), then the problem is that your Internet Explorer is corrupted -- probably by all the junk you have installed, or maybe because you installed a bunch of Internet security software and it's blocking important stuff that makes the web pages work.
                      • DO upgrade to Windows 8.1.  It makes older computers FASTER and BETTER.  Do not listen to people who saying Windows 8.1 is some horrible monstrosity.  They don't know what they are talking about.  Learn how to use the new Windows, rather than being stuck in an old version that is going to eventually fail and be completely outmoded.  If you don't know how to upgrade Windows, look into buying a new computer.  These days you can get a good cheap laptop for a few hundred dollars.
                      • DO run Windows Update every week to see if there are new software updates to install.  ALWAYS immediately install all the updates that are available.  Be prepared to reboot.  If you don't even know what Windows Update is, then your computer is probably in bad shape.  GOOGLE IT AND LEARN.
                      • DO always upgrade Internet Explorer to the latest version that your computer is capable of running.  For Windows XP, that is IE 8.  For Windows Vista, that is IE 9.  For Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1, that is IE 11.  If you're not sure what version you're running, click the "gear" icon in the upper-right, and click About Internet Explorer.  Be sure "Install new versions automatically" is checkmarked, if that option is available in your version of IE.

There are certainly times when Lottery Post is unresponsive for 30 seconds or a minute, or maybe as much as 10 minutes.  EVERY website has SOME downtime.  It is unavoidable, because at some points the Internet itself has issues, or maybe I have to install some security updates or Website updates.

But these small blips of downtime are not every day, and only for a very short time.  I have monitoring software constantly running, so I know exactly when and how long it goes down.  The latest statistics are that from Jan. 1, 2014 until today, Lottery Post has been up 99.86% of the time.  Much of the downtime in that number (the 0.14% of downtime) has been completely out of my hands -- caused by Internet outages and the like.

I am sure that some people will continue to blame Lottery Post for their problems, no matter how much I describe these things in great detail.  But hopefully most of you will use this to understand that the vast majority of problems are right on your own PC, and this information will help to find and eliminate those problems.

I have been having a problem lately with a JAVA Updater Box popping up all the time.  I believe I already have the latest version of JAVA. I have

JAVA version 7 Update 65 - 1.7.0_65_b20.  When I try to turn off this updater, it automatically turns itself back on, every time I restart my computer. I read on the web, in Microsoft Forums, that JAVA has possibly been HACKED, and that the public should not attempt to install a JAVA Update from the JAVA UPDATER pop up box, because it could potentially be Maleware or worse.

I am not Tech Savy.  Any Suggestions for how to completely turn off the JAVA Updater permanently ???

bigbuckswede's avatar - Riksbanken 2010000.jpeg

Sweden
                        Member #153629
                        March 20, 2014
                        128 Posts
                        Posted: August 16, 2014, 5:49 pm - IP Logged

Uninstall Java from scratch, from section Todd mentioned, add/uninstall programs.

Go to Java dot com and install when needed.

South Carolina
                          United States
                          Member #18322
                          July 9, 2005
                          1704 Posts
                          Posted: August 16, 2014, 6:14 pm - IP Logged

Uninstall Java from scratch, from section Todd mentioned, add/uninstall programs.

Go to Java dot com and install when needed.

I am running Windows 8.1 Update version, with IE 11.  JAVA 7 Update 65 is installed under Programs in my Control Panel.    I thought this was the most recent version of JAVA that I Do need to keep.  Nothing else relative to JAVA is installed under programs in Control Panel. The JAVA Updater Control Panel Box is located at the bottom of the page on the right hand side, under the Hidden Icons arrow [it is a Gold Box,with a coffee cup].  I have tried to turn the Java Box off from this location, but it automatically turns itself back on again, every time I restart my computer.  It's as if "On" is the Default, and it will Not Allow me to turn the JAVA Box off permanently.

Is JAVA really necessary in the first place ??  Will Windows 8.1 and Internet Explorer 11 function properly Without JAVA ???

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                            Chief Bottle Washer
                            New Jersey
                            United States
                            Member #1
                            May 31, 2000
                            23259 Posts
                            Posted: August 16, 2014, 6:40 pm - IP Logged

I am running Windows 8.1 Update version, with IE 11.  JAVA 7 Update 65 is installed under Programs in my Control Panel.    I thought this was the most recent version of JAVA that I Do need to keep.  Nothing else relative to JAVA is installed under programs in Control Panel. The JAVA Updater Control Panel Box is located at the bottom of the page on the right hand side, under the Hidden Icons arrow [it is a Gold Box,with a coffee cup].  I have tried to turn the Java Box off from this location, but it automatically turns itself back on again, every time I restart my computer.  It's as if "On" is the Default, and it will Not Allow me to turn the JAVA Box off permanently.

Is JAVA really necessary in the first place ??  Will Windows 8.1 and Internet Explorer 11 function properly Without JAVA ???

If you have Java installed, ALWAYS do the update, immediately.  They have been putting out a lot of Java updates recently, so everyone sees that, not just you.  Just keep updating it.

The only bad thing about the updater is that every time it tries to install a toolbar and change your search provider to "Ask.com".  Don't let it!  It is very difficult to get all that stuff out of your system once it's installed.  Just remember every time to un-check the checkbox for "Ask.com" (or whatever else they put in there).

Edit:  By the way, you do not need Java installed, so you can uninstall it.  There should be an uninstall option in the Control Panel for it (click "Uninstall a program" in Control Panel.). Keep in mind that if you happen to use software that relies on Java, you can't use it once it is uninstalled.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                            What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                            Help eliminate computerized drawings!

grwurston's avatar - Cute animals_Spider.jpg
                              Winning makes me smile.
                              bel air maryland
                              United States
                              Member #90251
                              April 24, 2010
                              4852 Posts
                              Posted: August 16, 2014, 6:57 pm - IP Logged

Good info Todd!!!  I can vouch for the 4th DO on the list. I had that problem the last weekend of June and then again toward the end of July. Every thing worked fine in Chrome but nothing worked at all worked in IE or Google. I took my laptop to the geek squad, it was definitely corrupted. Not sure how it got that way though...

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.