Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 5:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Are you having problems??

Topic closed. 71 replies. Last post 2 years ago by SergeM.

Page 3 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
DEE88's avatar - animal doggy2.jpg
PA
United States
Member #69849
January 18, 2009
14887 Posts
Posted: August 17, 2014, 12:36 pm - IP Logged

"A problem with this webpage caused I.E to close and reopen"....all day every day.This just started happening about a month ago too

This is one of the messages i also get Jonny.... has been popping up around the same time you mentioned also...but I am not getting it everyday but enough to annoy me at times...one more thing that I have noticed is my smiley  icons do not go where they should be when I use them...ex...If I want to put an icon at the end of a sentence..it goes in the front of the sentence.....never had this problem before either.....

2079    1085   8841    7227   3305   4651

United States
    Member #128790
    June 2, 2012
    5431 Posts
    Posted: August 17, 2014, 2:42 pm - IP Logged

This is one of the messages i also get Jonny.... has been popping up around the same time you mentioned also...but I am not getting it everyday but enough to annoy me at times...one more thing that I have noticed is my smiley  icons do not go where they should be when I use them...ex...If I want to put an icon at the end of a sentence..it goes in the front of the sentence.....never had this problem before either.....

Wow, I thought it was just me with the emoticons. That was one of the reasons I changed to Chrome, much faster and puts the emoticons where I want them. lol

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
      Dump Water Florida
      United States
      Member #380
      June 5, 2002
      3106 Posts
      Posted: August 17, 2014, 5:47 pm - IP Logged

If you stick with Windows XP and IE8 you will see those error messages more and more.  Microsoft could not have made things more clear that they do not support Windows XP any more, and that you should not be using it.

The technology behind secure websites continues to change, but Windows XP and IE8 are not being changed with the new features.  If you insist on keeping it, you will have to cope with annoying error messages and glitches.

That's easy for you to say being a computer genius and all.  I have a win 7 (because win 8 won't run some of my 32 bit software) computer sitting next to the desk 4 gigs of memory (7 won't use all of in 32) 2 TB HD  I can't bare to tackle the transfer and days of problems that will come with it. 

The error I mentioned, only get it on LP, wouldn't mention it otherwise. 

BobP

LIBRARY281's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
        Member #139563
        February 26, 2013
        619 Posts
        Posted: August 17, 2014, 6:08 pm - IP Logged

Hello BobP And Everyone On LP I Am  This I Had This Number The Texas Pi ck 4 4022 I Am Lost Can Some Help Me

4 Times 0=00

2 Times 2=04       

0004   Mirror

4022 = 9577

I Need Some Help

kreative1's avatar - flower2
          NE PA
          United States
          Member #127838
          May 10, 2012
          1230 Posts
          Posted: August 17, 2014, 6:45 pm - IP Logged

That's easy for you to say being a computer genius and all.  I have a win 7 (because win 8 won't run some of my 32 bit software) computer sitting next to the desk 4 gigs of memory (7 won't use all of in 32) 2 TB HD  I can't bare to tackle the transfer and days of problems that will come with it. 

BobP

onlymoneys fix worked for me ( I have win 7 too)

first uncheck auto updates (help in IE ...about internet explorer)

Go to..

control panel..

programs..

view installed updates..

Internet explorer 11..uninstall..

restart and it will load Internet explorer 10 (you don't have to reinstall it)

I haven't had a problem since

I like to install manually because if any problems you know when it happened, I missed this one

Thanks onlymoney!

malware bytels anti malware is good for getting crap off and ccleaner lite is also good just be careful with what you check off to delete

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
            Chief Bottle Washer
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #1
            May 31, 2000
            23277 Posts
            Posted: August 17, 2014, 6:45 pm - IP Logged

BobP

It is certainly possible for you to only see some problems on Lottery Post.  This site uses some very advanced technology, and if you don't tend to use advanced websites often, you may only come across certain incompatibilities with older web browsers here.

If you have a Windows 7 computer, I would question why you would ever choose to use Win XP for browsing the Internet.  Even if you happen to have some software that only runs on Windows XP, I would still not conduct my web browsing on that insecure operating system, given the choice. 

Also, I doubt there is any software that will run on Windows 7 that you cannot run on Windows 8.  Microsoft has even come out and said that compatibility is nearly 100%.

BTW, me being a "computer genius" (your words) does not make anything I have said particularly challenging or complicated for anyone of any technical abilities.  I just have a great deal of knowledge about this subject, and I am attempting to share it with you and others to help you.  The information may be different than what you may have heard casually from others.  Do not take it as an attack or threat.  It is meant to enlighten and assist only.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
            What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
            Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Chief Bottle Washer
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #1
              May 31, 2000
              23277 Posts
              Posted: August 17, 2014, 6:48 pm - IP Logged

Go to..

control panel..

programs..

view installed updates..

I like to install manually because if any problems you know when it happened, I missed this one

Thanks onlymoney!

malware bytels anti malware is good for getting crap off and ccleaner lite is also good just be careful with what you check off to delete

My goodness, don't uninstall IE 11!  Follow my earlier instructions to figure out what add-ons or toolbars you have installed that are giving you problems.  Don't uninstall a vastly superior browser (IE 11) and go back to an older browser (IE10).  That's like cutting off you arm because your nails have grown too long.

Chief Bottle Washer
                New Jersey
                United States
                Member #1
                May 31, 2000
                23277 Posts
                Posted: August 17, 2014, 6:50 pm - IP Logged

Hello BobP And Everyone On LP I Am  This I Had This Number The Texas Pi ck 4 4022 I Am Lost Can Some Help Me

4 Times 0=00

2 Times 2=04       

0004   Mirror

4022 = 9577

I Need Some Help

Do not hijack this thread by taking it off-topic.  Post your request in a new topic in the appropriate forum.

Chief Bottle Washer
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #1
                  May 31, 2000
                  23277 Posts
                  Posted: August 17, 2014, 6:54 pm - IP Logged

Yes, it seems that the makers of the text editor have a minor bug that happens in IE and sometimes puts the emoticon in the wrong place.  I'm sure they will fix it soon.  In the meantime, if you just click your mouse exactly where you want the emoticon before inserting the emoticon, it will appear in the right place.   Again, use your mouse to click in the editor exactly where you want the emoticon (even if it is exactly where the cursor is already blinking),and then insert the emoticon.  I am testing it in IE right now, and that is working for me.

kreative1's avatar - flower2
                    NE PA
                    United States
                    Member #127838
                    May 10, 2012
                    1230 Posts
                    Posted: August 17, 2014, 6:56 pm - IP Logged

My goodness, don't uninstall IE 11!  Follow my earlier instructions to figure out what add-ons or toolbars you have installed that are giving you problems.  Don't uninstall a vastly superior browser (IE 11) and go back to an older browser (IE10).  That's like cutting off you arm because your nails have grown too long.

ahem lol

my toolbars are disabled except google I always uncheck add ons

I'd rather come on here and enjoy reading post then getting bounced out and swearing

LOL

LIBRARY281's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                      Member #139563
                      February 26, 2013
                      619 Posts
                      Posted: August 17, 2014, 7:00 pm - IP Logged

Ok Thank you So Much Todd

Chief Bottle Washer
                        New Jersey
                        United States
                        Member #1
                        May 31, 2000
                        23277 Posts
                        Posted: August 17, 2014, 7:00 pm - IP Logged

ahem lol

my toolbars are disabled except google I always uncheck add ons

I'd rather come on here and enjoy reading post then getting bounced out and swearing

LOL

I understand what you're saying, but please keep in mind that Lottery Post works best with IE11, so your instruction for people to purposely uninstall IE11 is not a good idea.  If you can't find what is corrupted in your copy of IE11, I do understand you "doing what it takes" to get online.  But, I just want you to know that it is not IE11 itself causing a problem.  I use it all the time, and I'm on Lottery Post more than anyone.

DEE88's avatar - animal doggy2.jpg
                          PA
                          United States
                          Member #69849
                          January 18, 2009
                          14887 Posts
                          Posted: August 17, 2014, 8:16 pm - IP Logged

Yes, it seems that the makers of the text editor have a minor bug that happens in IE and sometimes puts the emoticon in the wrong place.  I'm sure they will fix it soon.  In the meantime, if you just click your mouse exactly where you want the emoticon before inserting the emoticon, it will appear in the right place.   Again, use your mouse to click in the editor exactly where you want the emoticon (even if it is exactly where the cursor is already blinking),and then insert the emoticon.  I am testing it in IE right now, and that is working for me.

ok...Todd  I tried it and it works ...but never had to do it like that before...when I would do it before all I had to do was just go to the icons and click on what I wanted and it would go right were the cursor was....I didn't have to click on where the cursor ends now.....but I can live with doing it that way now  till something else happens and changes it....lol ..Yes Nod...see it works now....

2079    1085   8841    7227   3305   4651

United States
                            Member #128790
                            June 2, 2012
                            5431 Posts
                            Posted: August 17, 2014, 8:31 pm - IP Logged

Go to..

control panel..

programs..

view installed updates..

Thanks onlymoney!

You're welcome. Cheers

Chief Bottle Washer
                              New Jersey
                              United States
                              Member #1
                              May 31, 2000
                              23277 Posts
                              Posted: August 17, 2014, 9:12 pm - IP Logged

ok...Todd  I tried it and it works ...but never had to do it like that before...when I would do it before all I had to do was just go to the icons and click on what I wanted and it would go right were the cursor was....I didn't have to click on where the cursor ends now.....but I can live with doing it that way now  till something else happens and changes it....lol ..Yes Nod...see it works now....

As I mentioned, it looks like it is a bug, and hopefully it will be fixed soon.  But at least there is a temporary solution until that time.