Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 6:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Are you having problems??

Topic closed. 71 replies. Last post 2 years ago by SergeM.

Page 5 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
Lkydeb*594's avatar - yummyxmascat
Luv Vtracs 8-)

United States
Member #38062
April 23, 2006
12587 Posts
Posted: August 18, 2014, 5:29 pm - IP Logged

Thank u so much for your time & instructions.  You r a Godsend. Thank u again, u r so awesome!!!!

grwurston's avatar - Cute animals_Spider.jpg
    Winning makes me smile.
    bel air maryland
    United States
    Member #90251
    April 24, 2010
    4878 Posts
    Posted: August 18, 2014, 5:55 pm - IP Logged

This has been one of the most informative threads regarding computers, programs, browsers etc., how they work, and how to fix problems with them, that I have read in quite awhile. Thank you for the info Todd.  Thumbs Up

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
      Dump Water Florida
      United States
      Member #380
      June 5, 2002
      3104 Posts
      Posted: August 18, 2014, 6:25 pm - IP Logged

To use copy and paste in Chrome or Firefox, you need to use your keyboard:

• Ctrl + X = cut
      • Ctrl + C = copy
      • Ctrl + V = paste

That is a limitation of the web browsers, not Lottery Post.  It is a security feature that prevents web sites from accessing the contents of your clipboard.

The keypresses above work anywhere in Windows.  They are standard keypresses, not something unique to Lottery Post.

The hardest lesson to teach is what someone thinks they already know. 

My directory realitist.com a php LD directory uses an internal admin editor that looks very much like the one on LP.  Only on Firefox I can't copy and paste, and have wasted tons of time trying to follow their instructions to allow copy and paste on a particular site, which I have never been able to get working.  Always the error message: Copy and Paste does not work on Mozilla.  Just tried the Ctrl XCV (and likely A) works like I used to use on netscrape.  Why on earth do they give all that worthless nonsense about enabling a particular website and right click security nonsense if Ctrl works, totally stupid.

Computer genius was never ment as a slight, though you might not understand why I don't care for being labeled a "Guru".

BobP

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
        Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23274 Posts
        Posted: August 18, 2014, 6:52 pm - IP Logged

This has been one of the most informative threads regarding computers, programs, browsers etc., how they work, and how to fix problems with them, that I have read in quite awhile. Thank you for the info Todd.  Thumbs Up

Music to my ears, glad that you find it helpful.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
        What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
        Help eliminate computerized drawings!

grwurston's avatar - Cute animals_Spider.jpg
          Winning makes me smile.
          bel air maryland
          United States
          Member #90251
          April 24, 2010
          4878 Posts
          Posted: August 18, 2014, 7:03 pm - IP Logged

Music to my ears, glad that you find it helpful.

You're welcome. It's on my favorites for future reference.

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
            Member #52345
            May 21, 2007
            2659 Posts
            Posted: August 18, 2014, 7:41 pm - IP Logged

I Agree! I've saved your fine tech posts as well

South Carolina
              United States
              Member #18322
              July 9, 2005
              1707 Posts
              Posted: August 18, 2014, 8:01 pm - IP Logged

I am running Windows 8.1 Update version, with IE 11.  JAVA 7 Update 65 is installed under Programs in my Control Panel.    I thought this was the most recent version of JAVA that I Do need to keep.  Nothing else relative to JAVA is installed under programs in Control Panel. The JAVA Updater Control Panel Box is located at the bottom of the page on the right hand side, under the Hidden Icons arrow [it is a Gold Box,with a coffee cup].  I have tried to turn the Java Box off from this location, but it automatically turns itself back on again, every time I restart my computer.  It's as if "On" is the Default, and it will Not Allow me to turn the JAVA Box off permanently.

Is JAVA really necessary in the first place ??  Will Windows 8.1 and Internet Explorer 11 function properly Without JAVA ???

I just discovered from Java.com that the most recent Update of Java, is Java version 7 Update 67.

Luv Vtracs 8-)

United States
                Member #38062
                April 23, 2006
                12587 Posts
                Posted: August 18, 2014, 9:00 pm - IP Logged

To use copy and paste in Chrome or Firefox, you need to use your keyboard:

• Ctrl + X = cut
                • Ctrl + C = copy
                • Ctrl + V = paste

That is a limitation of the web browsers, not Lottery Post.  It is a security feature that prevents web sites from accessing the contents of your clipboard.

The keypresses above work anywhere in Windows.  They are standard keypresses, not something unique to Lottery Post.

Did that & it still doesn't work. I'm using  google chrome on windows 8.1 Wow, I just started using google chrome & I'm always finding something I need to work on, lol.

United States
                  Member #128790
                  June 2, 2012
                  5431 Posts
                  Posted: August 18, 2014, 9:44 pm - IP Logged

Did that & it still doesn't work. I'm using  google chrome on windows 8.1 Wow, I just started using google chrome & I'm always finding something I need to work on, lol.

I use Chrome on LP, and I can copy by highlighting as usual and then use CTRL V to paste.

Luv Vtracs 8-)

United States
                    Member #38062
                    April 23, 2006
                    12587 Posts
                    Posted: August 19, 2014, 1:40 am - IP Logged

I use Chrome on LP, and I can copy by highlighting as usual and then use CTRL V to paste.

Thank u Onlymoney!!  U made my day. That is much easier too.

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                      Dump Water Florida
                      United States
                      Member #380
                      June 5, 2002
                      3104 Posts
                      Posted: August 19, 2014, 8:36 am - IP Logged

I just discovered from Java.com that the most recent Update of Java, is Java version 7 Update 67.

This is dated but a quick and useful read about java. BobP

http://www.boutell.com/newfaq/browser/updatejava.html

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
                        Economy class
                        Belgium
                        Member #123700
                        February 27, 2012
                        4035 Posts
                        Posted: August 19, 2014, 11:14 am - IP Logged

Java shouldn't be switched on standard in the browsers. A website will tell you if you need java. I used to play chess on Internet and needed java for it. You need to tell Windows where java bin is, to make java programs work on your computer. You can change the java settings by using the java panel.