Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The Pretentious Doubles Trap meets The Lava Lamp

Topic closed. 104 replies. Last post 2 years ago by rcbbuckeye.

Page 1 of 7
PrintE-mailLink
garyo1954's avatar - garyo
Dallas, Texas
United States
Member #4549
May 2, 2004
1689 Posts
Posted: November 24, 2014, 8:04 pm - IP Logged

For those of you who missed it, not long ago Win D posed the question, "How many times has doubles hit in a row in your state?" (Or something similar, can't find that thread or I would post the quote and the link)

At any rate some went about the task of tracking down that tidbit of knowledge. The worst we could do was waste time. And the possibility of finding a real gem was tempting.

To demonstrate what we found, I need some numbers. It's always good to have numbers to chart things. So...let's see......let's a pick a state.

Eeeeney, meeeeeany, miiiiiiney, mork, what don't we use NEW YORK!

Going back to January 2008, 5033 draws we get the breakdown for the singles, doubles and triples.

I've circled the Doubles total in green, 1299 doubles have hit in the combined drawings in 7 years. We could add the Triples total of 52 since we will also be using it as a trigger for our "Doubles Trap." Either way it will be used as a trigger.

1299 doubles/7 years gives us approximately 185 - 186 doubles plays per year in the combined draws.

1351 doubles and triples divided be 7 years gives us 193 plays a year.

Oh YES! We need RULES to tell us how we are going to trap doubles.

Hmmmm.....let's say we play three consecutive draws after the first double or triple hits following a minimum of 4 singles. (we'll have 4 consecutive singles, then a double or triple hit, and then we'll play three consecutive draws.)

We can make a rudimentary calculation at this point. Since we're allowing 1 double to pass and playing three consecutive draws following it, we need four doubles in a row to hit.

If four doubles in a row hit, we win 3 times; if 3 doubles in a row hit, we win twice and lose once; if 2 doubles in a row hit we win 1 and lose twice. hit, skip, hit,  hit = 2 wins, 1 loss; hit, skip, skip, hit = 1 win; hit, skip, skip, skip = 3 losses

The only question now is, "How many times do doubles and or triples hit 4 or more times in a row out of the  193 possible plays we have per year?"

Disappointingly, I ran the numbers and found there have been only 20 times since 2008 that doubles/triples have hit 4 or more times in a row in the New York Combined Numbers game.

Only happens 3 times out of the 193 plays per year.

So I dropped back to 3 in a row (each 3 in a row produces 2 wins, 1 loss).

Here's what I got:

82 total plays in 7 years.

20 of those in 7 years would be 3 wins.

62 of those in 7 years would  be 2 wins and a loss.

That's the bare numbers. It doesn't include the hit, skip, hit, hit; hit skip, skip, hit; or the dreaded hit, skip, skip, skip.

The lingering question: "Which 3 of the 193 draws a year are going to be THE ONE to produce four doubles/triples in a row?"

Another mystery for:

THE LAVA LAMP

G

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

South Carolina
    United States
    Member #18322
    July 9, 2005
    1704 Posts
    Posted: November 24, 2014, 8:37 pm - IP Logged

For those of you who missed it, not long ago Win D posed the question, "How many times has doubles hit in a row in your state?" (Or something similar, can't find that thread or I would post the quote and the link)

At any rate some went about the task of tracking down that tidbit of knowledge. The worst we could do was waste time. And the possibility of finding a real gem was tempting.

To demonstrate what we found, I need some numbers. It's always good to have numbers to chart things. So...let's see......let's a pick a state.

Going back to January 2008, 5033 draws we get the breakdown for the singles, doubles and triples.

I've circled the Doubles total in green, 1299 doubles have hit in the combined drawings in 7 years. We could add the Triples total of 52 since we will also be using it as a trigger for our "Doubles Trap." Either way it will be used as a trigger.

1299 doubles/7 years gives us approximately 185 - 186 doubles plays per year in the combined draws.

Hmmmm.....let's say we play three consecutive draws after the first double or triple hits following a minimum of 4 singles. (we'll have 4 consecutive singles, then a double or triple hit, and then we'll play three consecutive draws.)

We can make a rudimentary calculation at this point. Since we're allowing 1 double to pass and playing three consecutive draws following it, we need four doubles in a row to hit.

If four doubles in a row hit, we win 3 times; if 3 doubles in a row hit, we win twice and lose once; if 2 doubles in a row hit we win 1 and lose twice. hit, skip, hit,  hit = 2 wins, 1 loss; hit, skip, skip, hit = 1 win; hit, skip, skip, skip = 3 losses

The only question now is, "How many times do doubles and or triples hit 4 or more times in a row out of the  193 possible plays we have per year?"

Disappointingly, I ran the numbers and found there have been only 20 times since 2008 that doubles/triples have hit 4 or more times in a row in the New York Combined Numbers game.

Here's what I got:

That's the bare numbers. It doesn't include the hit, skip, hit, hit; hit skip, skip, hit; or the dreaded hit, skip, skip, skip.

The lingering question: "Which 3 of the 193 draws a year are going to be THE ONE to produce four doubles/triples in a row?"

Another mystery for:

THE LAVA LAMP

G

What is a LAVA LAMP ???  What does this Concept mean ???

Dallas, Texas
      United States
      Member #4549
      May 2, 2004
      1689 Posts
      Posted: November 24, 2014, 9:01 pm - IP Logged

LAVA LAMP......

It's provides a relaxing, calming, soothing, peaceful, stress relief environment where I can program in peace. 

G

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

United States
        Member #155994
        June 5, 2014
        497 Posts
        Posted: November 25, 2014, 1:44 am - IP Logged

Here's what I got:

Another mystery for:

THE LAVA LAMP

G

Well, once again, there you go twisting my method to try and fool people. Apparently, you have nothing ,of your own, to help anyone on LP. But, regardless of the thread, you're just a troublemaker Hit With Stick

backwoods ga
          United States
          Member #155844
          May 31, 2014
          1887 Posts
          Posted: November 25, 2014, 3:22 am - IP Logged

Well, once again, there you go twisting my method to try and fool people. Apparently, you have nothing ,of your own, to help anyone on LP. But, regardless of the thread, you're just a troublemaker Hit With Stick

Let da old man have funBanana

United States
            Member #155994
            June 5, 2014
            497 Posts
            Posted: November 25, 2014, 3:47 am - IP Logged

Let da old man have funBanana

Well, old man gary has a malicious agenda and that's what this comes down to.

backwoods ga
              United States
              Member #155844
              May 31, 2014
              1887 Posts
              Posted: November 25, 2014, 3:52 am - IP Logged

He types well. Has all the fancy charts. Let him sit on his high horse.   

His opinion doesn't produce lottery checks.  Neither does his approval. 

Keep winning

winsumloosesum's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
                Pennsylvania
                United States
                Member #2218
                September 1, 2003
                5387 Posts
                Posted: November 25, 2014, 5:10 am - IP Logged

What is so malicious about Gary's post?

He spent time of his own explaining WinD's doubles post and calculating an actual state's draws.

I thought it was very interesting and quite informative.

CARBOB's avatar - FL LOTTERY_LOGO.png
                  ORLANDO, FLORIDA
                  United States
                  Member #4924
                  June 3, 2004
                  5896 Posts
                  Posted: November 25, 2014, 5:28 am - IP Logged

Ga Mid is at 8 consecutive singles. We will test the theory, should have started at 7 consecutive singles. Here are the LDR 8 combos. We begin the beguine.

008, 044, 080, 099, 116, 161, 224, 233, 242, 288, 323, 332, 404, 422, 440, 477, 558, 585, 611, 747, 774, 800, 828, 855, 882, 909, 990

CARBOB's avatar - FL LOTTERY_LOGO.png
                    ORLANDO, FLORIDA
                    United States
                    Member #4924
                    June 3, 2004
                    5896 Posts
                    Posted: November 25, 2014, 1:08 pm - IP Logged

Ga Mid is at 8 consecutive singles. We will test the theory, should have started at 7 consecutive singles. Here are the LDR 8 combos. We begin the beguine.

008, 044, 080, 099, 116, 161, 224, 233, 242, 288, 323, 332, 404, 422, 440, 477, 558, 585, 611, 747, 774, 800, 828, 855, 882, 909, 990

Mid 719

Still going

FrankieH's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                      Member #21258
                      September 5, 2005
                      267 Posts
                      Posted: November 25, 2014, 2:59 pm - IP Logged

Here's what I got:

Another mystery for:

THE LAVA LAMP

G

Thanks for sharing Gary!! Your system is really cool and comprehensive! You rock!! Smile

It's better to ask for permission than to beg for forgiveness.

United States
                        Member #155994
                        June 5, 2014
                        497 Posts
                        Posted: November 25, 2014, 3:51 pm - IP Logged

He types well. Has all the fancy charts. Let him sit on his high horse.   

His opinion doesn't produce lottery checks.  Neither does his approval. 

Keep winning

No No

United States
                          Member #155994
                          June 5, 2014
                          497 Posts
                          Posted: November 25, 2014, 4:34 pm - IP Logged

What is so malicious about Gary's post?

He spent time of his own explaining WinD's doubles post and calculating an actual state's draws.

I thought it was very interesting and quite informative.

Well, he's been making trouble with me and he's referring to my method here. So, does he need your backup or something? But, when he's harassing members you don't say anything to him about that. Surely, you've seen his posts.

Anyway, I see that you, gary, and certain others go way back on here. Perhaps, all of you feel some sense of friendship and ,maybe, loyalty to each other. Now, in a way, I can understand this. You've got each others back. But, still, that's no reason to defend someone when they're wrong. When you're wrong you're wrong.

When he got mad at Tia ,on my thread, she never said another word. So, who's this gary supposed to be that members have to ,maybe, fear him and, for that matter, defend him when he's wrong. But, everyone has a right to their own opinions and to believe what they want to. So, no one should be hesitant, or ,perhaps, afraid to speak their minds when they have a difference of opinion.

Now, you see what gary's doing. He's ,all of a sudden, sitting back, while others are coming to his defense. But, he sure had a lot of mouth before. So, don't act like he's all innocent now. The truth is that he's a troublemaker and certain people suck up to him.

FrankieH's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                            Member #21258
                            September 5, 2005
                            267 Posts
                            Posted: November 25, 2014, 7:18 pm - IP Logged

Well, he's been making trouble with me and he's referring to my method here. So, does he need your backup or something? But, when he's harassing members you don't say anything to him about that. Surely, you've seen his posts.

Anyway, I see that you, gary, and certain others go way back on here. Perhaps, all of you feel some sense of friendship and ,maybe, loyalty to each other. Now, in a way, I can understand this. You've got each others back. But, still, that's no reason to defend someone when they're wrong. When you're wrong you're wrong.

When he got mad at Tia ,on my thread, she never said another word. So, who's this gary supposed to be that members have to ,maybe, fear him and, for that matter, defend him when he's wrong. But, everyone has a right to their own opinions and to believe what they want to. So, no one should be hesitant, or ,perhaps, afraid to speak their minds when they have a difference of opinion.

Now, you see what gary's doing. He's ,all of a sudden, sitting back, while others are coming to his defense. But, he sure had a lot of mouth before. So, don't act like he's all innocent now. The truth is that he's a troublemaker and certain people suck up to him.

Gary isn't the type of person that "just sits back" while others "are coming to his defense" and is more than capable of defending himself. It's called "logging off". Get over yourself. 

Gary has friends here. 

You're the troublemaker. How does it feel when it happens to you?

Suck it up buttercup. Crying

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program which is already in progress.

It's better to ask for permission than to beg for forgiveness.

Dallas, Texas
                              United States
                              Member #4549
                              May 2, 2004
                              1689 Posts
                              Posted: November 25, 2014, 10:07 pm - IP Logged

Gee, Corky, I didn't mean to worry you.

I went outside.

Outside is probably a foreign word, but next year, when you're in 3rd grade your mom will let you go outside too.

She'll chain you to the big tree in the backyard and let you run in circles to get fresh air.

Once she has to untangle you, she'll loosen the collar and pray you run away. Please do.

Without some new idea I don't have the need to continue trying to explain it to you.

G