Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 9:19 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Where's rdgrnr??

Topic closed. 121 replies. Last post 2 years ago by PrinceRene.

Page 6 of 9
PrintE-mailLink
mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
Texas Panhandle
United States
Member #136843
December 20, 2012
1276 Posts
Posted: January 15, 2015, 8:09 pm - IP Logged

It is most definitely okay to have people who are like that...otherwise this world would be too perfect.

On that note, the world could do without so many contrarians.

Kentucky
    United States
    Member #32652
    February 14, 2006
    7310 Posts
    Posted: January 15, 2015, 8:23 pm - IP Logged

FYI Stack there are a few LP member that have exchanged personal emails with Ridge.

And that was my assumption. Don't you find it strange that none of them know why he isn't posting?

Kentucky
      United States
      Member #32652
      February 14, 2006
      7310 Posts
      Posted: January 16, 2015, 12:37 am - IP Logged

I always wonder about the common sense and the humanity of several "unusual" posters who claim those of us who liked Ridge, should also know his name, Phone #, and SSN # as well if we were truly friends. If they fail to understand that one can respect people you have never met and have concern for such people, there is something missing in how they were raised. It seems oddly insular and overly introverted. 

I wonder how they also feel when they hear about someone dying or having an unfortunate accident? Do they simply say "well I did not know them, so what!!!"

And I think well of a number of people in this forum, but I do not give out personal email info, etc.

"I always wonder about the common sense and the humanity of several "unusual" posters who claim those of us who liked Ridge, should also know his name, Phone #, and SSN # as well if we were truly friends"

After looking at that thread Jimmy gave the link to, I'm not going to waste more time debating a claim that was not made by me. Instead of just saying it, maybe you can show us which member and where that said anything about "should know" the man's SS or phone number?

You're sure missing the point. His last post was on June 14 and there are no posts from the previous week indicating he would stop posting. After two weeks it became obvious to me (and many others) with no apparent reason to stop posting, something happened.

"It seems oddly insular and overly introverted."

Speaking of common sense, maybe you believe a psychological profile must made to determine why anybody wonders why none of members claiming to be his best buds know why he is no longer posting, but it doesn't make the question any less valid. Another member actually confirmed what I said and several members exchanged regular emails with him. Did somebody suggest just because you like and respect the man you should know why he stopped posting?

"And I think well of a number of people in this forum, but I do not give out personal email info, etc."

Members began asking "Where's rdgrnr?" several months ago and it was very logical then to think maybe one of the people on his blog knew what happened. And if none of them knew, maybe another member did. It's no shame for anyone to say they only "knew" him from his posts and have no idea why he stopped posting.

sully16's avatar - sharan
        Ringleader
        Michigan
        United States
        Member #81740
        October 28, 2009
        40469 Posts
        Posted: January 16, 2015, 8:52 am - IP Logged

After one week maybe two, the assumption was on vacation and you didn't get the memo, but when a prolific poster goes seven months without posting, with no apparent reason..............I'll leave it at that.

So you got nothing?

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
          Bay Area - California
          United States
          Member #136477
          December 12, 2012
          4108 Posts
          Posted: January 16, 2015, 10:11 am - IP Logged

Ridge is where he wants to be- which is not Here...

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
            Oklahoma
            United States
            Member #82391
            November 12, 2009
            6290 Posts
            Posted: January 16, 2015, 2:35 pm - IP Logged

And that was my assumption. Don't you find it strange that none of them know why he isn't posting?

Nope the LP members I am speaking off have never posted they didn't know where he was.

I Love Pink & Green 1908

Kentucky
              United States
              Member #32652
              February 14, 2006
              7310 Posts
              Posted: January 16, 2015, 3:40 pm - IP Logged

Nope the LP members I am speaking off have never posted they didn't know where he was.

That doesn't mean they know where he is either. All my comments are based on the OP question, "Where's rdgrnr?" and because of some of the replies, I thought it strange not one of them knew why he stopped posting. But I never expected everyone who calls him "friend" to know.

music*'s avatar - nw bookeep.jpg
                Happy California
                United States
                Member #157856
                August 2, 2014
                1514 Posts
                Posted: January 16, 2015, 3:50 pm - IP Logged

Is there a possibility that he is in police protection ? Mail For You

Nikkicute's avatar - nnjx1k
                  Wisconsin
                  United States
                  Member #123290
                  February 17, 2012
                  3051 Posts
                  Posted: January 16, 2015, 4:20 pm - IP Logged

That doesn't mean they know where he is either. All my comments are based on the OP question, "Where's rdgrnr?" and because of some of the replies, I thought it strange not one of them knew why he stopped posting. But I never expected everyone who calls him "friend" to know.

I Agree!

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                    Member #121745
                    January 16, 2012
                    4791 Posts
                    Posted: January 16, 2015, 6:52 pm - IP Logged

"I always wonder about the common sense and the humanity of several "unusual" posters who claim those of us who liked Ridge, should also know his name, Phone #, and SSN # as well if we were truly friends"

After looking at that thread Jimmy gave the link to, I'm not going to waste more time debating a claim that was not made by me. Instead of just saying it, maybe you can show us which member and where that said anything about "should know" the man's SS or phone number?

You're sure missing the point. His last post was on June 14 and there are no posts from the previous week indicating he would stop posting. After two weeks it became obvious to me (and many others) with no apparent reason to stop posting, something happened.

"It seems oddly insular and overly introverted."

Speaking of common sense, maybe you believe a psychological profile must made to determine why anybody wonders why none of members claiming to be his best buds know why he is no longer posting, but it doesn't make the question any less valid. Another member actually confirmed what I said and several members exchanged regular emails with him. Did somebody suggest just because you like and respect the man you should know why he stopped posting?

"And I think well of a number of people in this forum, but I do not give out personal email info, etc."

Members began asking "Where's rdgrnr?" several months ago and it was very logical then to think maybe one of the people on his blog knew what happened. And if none of them knew, maybe another member did. It's no shame for anyone to say they only "knew" him from his posts and have no idea why he stopped posting.

Do you have any basic reading comprehension?

1.) The reference to a SSN # was not meant to be taken literally. It is called hyperbole and I am sure 99% of the members got the joke. However, at least one member has posted sarcastic comments that Ridge's friends should know where he is and how odd is was that those of us who are his friend did not know where he was. This person has always been jealous of Ridge's popularity.

2.) My post had nothing to do with members expressing concerns about where he was. I have done the same thing.

If you need some English language tutoring , I can refer you to several individuals. You are the one missing the point.

J'aime La France.

mypiemaster's avatar - 2015021003pileofcash
                      JACKPOT HUNTER

United States
                      Member #141034
                      April 2, 2013
                      1408 Posts
                      Posted: January 16, 2015, 7:58 pm - IP Logged

Ridge is where he wants to be- which is not Here...

I Agree! Truth.

Seek and ye shall find -Matt. 7:7 ...Ask and ye shall receive -John 16:24 ...Give and it shall be given unto you -Luke 6:38 ...Be careful what you ask for!!! -Mypiemaster 1:1

Having Money Solves Problems That Not Having Money Creates Yes Nod ****John Carlton****

mypiemaster's avatar - 2015021003pileofcash
                        JACKPOT HUNTER

United States
                        Member #141034
                        April 2, 2013
                        1408 Posts
                        Posted: January 16, 2015, 8:06 pm - IP Logged

Just wish the guy well, wherever he may be or whatever he may be doing, at this juncture.

Seek and ye shall find -Matt. 7:7 ...Ask and ye shall receive -John 16:24 ...Give and it shall be given unto you -Luke 6:38 ...Be careful what you ask for!!! -Mypiemaster 1:1

Having Money Solves Problems That Not Having Money Creates Yes Nod ****John Carlton****

Kentucky
                          United States
                          Member #32652
                          February 14, 2006
                          7310 Posts
                          Posted: January 17, 2015, 7:09 pm - IP Logged

Do you have any basic reading comprehension?

1.) The reference to a SSN # was not meant to be taken literally. It is called hyperbole and I am sure 99% of the members got the joke. However, at least one member has posted sarcastic comments that Ridge's friends should know where he is and how odd is was that those of us who are his friend did not know where he was. This person has always been jealous of Ridge's popularity.

2.) My post had nothing to do with members expressing concerns about where he was. I have done the same thing.

If you need some English language tutoring , I can refer you to several individuals. You are the one missing the point.

"Do you have any basic reading comprehension?"

I'm not playing your "let's see who I can get banned from LP today" game.

Piaceri's avatar - sarsony1
                            Republic of Texas
                            United States
                            Member #57557
                            January 9, 2008
                            1095 Posts
                            Posted: January 18, 2015, 10:18 am - IP Logged

I always wonder about the common sense and the humanity of several "unusual" posters who claim those of us who liked Ridge, should also know his name, Phone #, and SSN # as well if we were truly friends. If they fail to understand that one can respect people you have never met and have concern for such people, there is something missing in how they were raised. It seems oddly insular and overly introverted. 

I wonder how they also feel when they hear about someone dying or having an unfortunate accident? Do they simply say "well I did not know them, so what!!!"

And I think well of a number of people in this forum, but I do not give out personal email info, etc.

I Agree!

I miss Ridge. I actually liked his 'persona' here on LP. I wish he was still posting here. I'd like to know why he quit.. because I care that he is healthy and doing well. That does not mean I will exchange personal emails or much of my personal information with him or anyone else. I just don't do that with anyone. I've even got a group of gals that I've been 'friends' with since before the turn of the century that migrated to a secret FB page. I don't share my personal email, phone number, home address with them either. They know 'about' where I live. That's it. There are several here on LP who I like very much, and in another day and age, maybe I would share that information. As it is, I live by myself and take my personal security very seriously.

That does not mean I don't care about Ridge or others here on LP.

face

singlewinnersinglewinnersinglewinner   

addai1516's avatar - lib
                              Newyork City NY / westland michigan
                              United States
                              Member #93153
                              June 23, 2010
                              4087 Posts
                              Posted: January 19, 2015, 9:45 am - IP Logged

The webmasters know how to find him if they want to Ip address maybe ?  Can some one pull a link to his last posting or conversation  on lp ?

< God bless all  ,family, love, happiness >