Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 5:07 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

3 Years Later and over $60 Thousand Down...

Topic closed. 67 replies. Last post 2 years ago by zephbe.

Page 1 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
CALI
Afghanistan
Member #118735
November 6, 2011
134 Posts
Posted: March 18, 2015, 1:12 am - IP Logged

I started a lotto group in Cali back in the middle of 2011 and now we have just passed the $60 Thousand mark in total tickets purchased.

I never thought the group would last this long. <snip>, maybe 1 year and maybe it was a done deal.

There are only 8 of us and I assume we will eventually pass the $100K point in 3-4 more years.

I was running some numbers and if 1 person spent $100 month = $1200 per year X 50 years straight, its about the same amount that we have spent; crazy ass <snip>…hahahahaha

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19827 Posts
    Posted: March 18, 2015, 1:30 am - IP Logged

Having spent that much you must have had some decent wins or some almost won stories to brag about.  I was in a work pool  of 10 for the last three years before I retired and we put in $4 per wk for two drawings of Ohio Super Lotto and matched 5of6 three times for $1500 and miss winning the jackpot all those times by one number.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

CALI
      Afghanistan
      Member #118735
      November 6, 2011
      134 Posts
      Posted: March 18, 2015, 1:43 am - IP Logged

The closest we ever got was 4 numbers, not very good odds. Every tick has been saved in old shoe boxes.

Our ticket man always buys from the same 7-11 up in Northern Ca. I think the most we ever bought at 1 time was $1100.

The guy at the counter was shaking his head, because the machine took about 10 minutes to print them all out.

At one time we were up to 15 people, each person dropping $200 per month, but we lowered it down to $100 per person.

We are fairly steady with the same 7-8 people now, oh well life goes on....

cassdreams's avatar - Lottery-028.jpg
        South Carolina
        United States
        Member #78677
        August 19, 2009
        1214 Posts
        Posted: March 18, 2015, 2:09 am - IP Logged

The closest we ever got was 4 numbers, not very good odds. Every tick has been saved in old shoe boxes.

Our ticket man always buys from the same 7-11 up in Northern Ca. I think the most we ever bought at 1 time was $1100.

The guy at the counter was shaking his head, because the machine took about 10 minutes to print them all out.

At one time we were up to 15 people, each person dropping $200 per month, but we lowered it down to $100 per person.

I bought tickets from the same store for one year and won nothing..a few dollars here and there...changed stores and won 4,000 in a few weeks then 2,800...I do not go to that first store any longerLOL 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19827 Posts
          Posted: March 18, 2015, 3:15 am - IP Logged

What games was your pool playing to spend that much to have only matched 4?  Has California had MM or/and PB that long?

Evil Looking       

CALI
            Afghanistan
            Member #118735
            November 6, 2011
            134 Posts
            Posted: March 18, 2015, 7:19 am - IP Logged

If the Mega is over 50 Mil then we play it.

If the Power is over 100 Mil then we play it

The CA Super sucks because it starts out at only $7 Million and by the time Taxes are taken; <snip> there aint enough for our group.

The Odds of us hitting are almost impossible. I wont need the money when Im 70 and I cant retire on $500K.

I guess its a race against time....

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

Raven62's avatar - binary
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #17843
              June 28, 2005
              49758 Posts
              Posted: March 18, 2015, 9:17 am - IP Logged

I started a lotto group in Cali back in the middle of 2011 and now we have just passed the $60 Thousand mark in total tickets purchased.

I never thought the group would last this long. <snip>, maybe 1 year and maybe it was a done deal.

There are only 8 of us and I assume we will eventually pass the $100K point in 3-4 more years.

I was running some numbers and if 1 person spent $100 month = $1200 per year X 50 years straight, its about the same amount that we have spent; crazy ass <snip>…hahahahaha

$60,000 divided by 3 equals $20,000 per year...

$20,000 divided by 8 equals $2,500 per year per group member...

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

United States
                Member #34931
                March 9, 2006
                98 Posts
                Posted: March 18, 2015, 9:25 am - IP Logged

Unrealized compound interest should also be factored in.

Raven62's avatar - binary
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #17843
                  June 28, 2005
                  49758 Posts
                  Posted: March 18, 2015, 9:38 am - IP Logged

Unrealized compound interest should also be factored in.

Compound Zero percent Interest: Is still Zero!

Not to mention Inflation and the Decline in the Value of Money!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

pickone4me's avatar - 021414tvlies zpsa453b327.jpg
                    Wisconsin
                    United States
                    Member #104962
                    January 23, 2011
                    1075 Posts
                    Posted: March 18, 2015, 10:12 am - IP Logged

StopThrowing your money away!!

Trump 2016!

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                      Massachusetts
                      United States
                      Member #37433
                      April 14, 2006
                      2747 Posts
                      Posted: March 18, 2015, 10:21 am - IP Logged

I use such personal stories to make myself see the futility of buying a second line so I never. I just powerplay one line.

I can only wish you luck seeing how motivated you guys are.

That money's gone fo ever

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19827 Posts
                        Posted: March 18, 2015, 10:25 am - IP Logged

If the Mega is over 50 Mil then we play it.

If the Power is over 100 Mil then we play it

The CA Super sucks because it starts out at only $7 Million and by the time Taxes are taken; <snip> there aint enough for our group.

The Odds of us hitting are almost impossible. I wont need the money when Im 70 and I cant retire on $500K.

I guess its a race against time....

"The CA Super sucks because it starts out at only $7 Million and by the time Taxes are taken; <snip> there aint enough for our group."

From the results sounds like every game your pool played sucked.  You guys have no strategy or expectations, you just spend a lot of money.

Evil Looking       

CALI
                          Afghanistan
                          Member #118735
                          November 6, 2011
                          134 Posts
                          Posted: March 19, 2015, 8:49 am - IP Logged

Our strategy is quite simple…

Wire the $$$ to our ticket master, he then buys the quick picks, scans them every week, then sends them via email to the distribution list.

At the end of the month, they are scanned for any wins. The extra money goes into a slush fund for future ticks.

Bottom line is… no drama and no issues, pretty much all automated.

The rock is free to throw at the bird

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                            Dump Water Florida
                            United States
                            Member #380
                            June 5, 2002
                            3103 Posts
                            Posted: March 19, 2015, 10:39 am - IP Logged

IMHO you are playing games that can only be won by luck.  Win a lower odds game and play with their money.  BobP

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19827 Posts
                              Posted: March 19, 2015, 10:51 am - IP Logged

IMHO you are playing games that can only be won by luck.  Win a lower odds game and play with their money.  BobP

I've heard other players say that but I've yet to find a game that return more than 20% of your money unless you get lucky and win a top prize.

Evil Looking