Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 8:49 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

3 Years Later and over $60 Thousand Down...

Topic closed. 67 replies. Last post 2 years ago by zephbe.

Page 4 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
Dump Water Florida
United States
Member #380
June 5, 2002
3104 Posts
Posted: March 28, 2015, 8:12 am - IP Logged

Tried that years ago with no better results.  Wheeling only make sense until you think about it.

I find it hard to understand your thinking.  The wheel is an absolute get three right twice and you win a jackpot can not be disputed.  Getting 3's is the problem not the wheel itself.

Long before Mr.Z there was Dr.Z who published a popular lottery tip sheet in New York who later sold the business to the late Mr.Z (Bob Lyons).  Anyway, I can't put my hands on my one copy of the tip sheet at the moment and can't recall whether he had 20 or 50 combinations for Pick-6 that were created out of hot/strong pairs.  He apparently had experienced this to be a worthy strategy to provide his players with.  Too bad it never made it into his book or the software Mr.Z had paid a programmer to "fix" from the original version that came with the business.

I'd like to think not everything works everywhere, try something else.  BobP

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19830 Posts
    Posted: March 28, 2015, 2:28 pm - IP Logged

I find it hard to understand your thinking.  The wheel is an absolute get three right twice and you win a jackpot can not be disputed.  Getting 3's is the problem not the wheel itself.

Long before Mr.Z there was Dr.Z who published a popular lottery tip sheet in New York who later sold the business to the late Mr.Z (Bob Lyons).  Anyway, I can't put my hands on my one copy of the tip sheet at the moment and can't recall whether he had 20 or 50 combinations for Pick-6 that were created out of hot/strong pairs.  He apparently had experienced this to be a worthy strategy to provide his players with.  Too bad it never made it into his book or the software Mr.Z had paid a programmer to "fix" from the original version that came with the business.

I'd like to think not everything works everywhere, try something else.  BobP

"I find it hard to understand your thinking.  The wheel is an absolute get three right twice and you win a jackpot can not be disputed.  Getting 3's is the problem not the wheel itself."

If winning jackpots that way was absolute someone smarter than me would be winning them regularly.  My thinking is based on computer simulations I've ran.  I'm not a programmer but I'm fairly sure losing isn't a problem that can be "fixed" by one.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Dump Water Florida
      United States
      Member #380
      June 5, 2002
      3104 Posts
      Posted: March 28, 2015, 7:35 pm - IP Logged

"I find it hard to understand your thinking.  The wheel is an absolute get three right twice and you win a jackpot can not be disputed.  Getting 3's is the problem not the wheel itself."

If winning jackpots that way was absolute someone smarter than me would be winning them regularly.  My thinking is based on computer simulations I've ran.  I'm not a programmer but I'm fairly sure losing isn't a problem that can be "fixed" by one.

Lottery simulations are worthless, at best you get probability. 

Never said winning a jackpot was easy, the odds never change, the path can in ways some may find easier then another path.  Like all the ways to cook an egg, in the end you have a cooked egg, some paths may be easier, some with more work involved may or may not end in a tastier egg, it's all relative. 

You can not apply the scientific method to lottery prediction because the answer is always different.

Bob Lyons Mr.Z thought Dr.Z's programming was full of unnecessary code and paid a third party programmer to clean it up.  In the process the hot pairs combiner and who knows what else was lost.   If not winning was on the to-do list, Bob didn't tell me about it. 

BobP

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19830 Posts
        Posted: March 28, 2015, 7:52 pm - IP Logged

Lottery simulations are worthless, at best you get probability. 

Never said winning a jackpot was easy, the odds never change, the path can in ways some may find easier then another path.  Like all the ways to cook an egg, in the end you have a cooked egg, some paths may be easier, some with more work involved may or may not end in a tastier egg, it's all relative. 

You can not apply the scientific method to lottery prediction because the answer is always different.

Bob Lyons Mr.Z thought Dr.Z's programming was full of unnecessary code and paid a third party programmer to clean it up.  In the process the hot pairs combiner and who knows what else was lost.   If not winning was on the to-do list, Bob didn't tell me about it. 

BobP

"Lottery simulations are worthless, at best you get probability." 

True but that's the best you can expect no matter how you pick your numbers.  Why do it the hard way if the odds never change?

Evil Looking       

Dump Water Florida
          United States
          Member #380
          June 5, 2002
          3104 Posts
          Posted: March 30, 2015, 8:15 am - IP Logged

Checked your suggestion with Ohio's Classic Lotto(6/49) which as of 3/25/15 had 1280 drawings.  So far they had produced 13,780 combinations of threes of a possible 18,424 which had hit 1-9 times.

Using the top five combinations of threes that had no duplicates:
          06 22 44 = 9 times
          30 31 39 = 8   "
          07 25 28 = 7   "
          10 12 29 = 7   "
          05 13 20 = 6   "

I check the group of 15 numbers: 05 06 07 10 12 13 20 22 25 28 29 30 31 39 44
          As a group they had only matched six one time and five thirteen times in 1280 drawings. I doubt if wheeling them into 10 lines would even come close to doing as well so it's back to the drawing board.

Using the GH software runing the 9. Chart Companion Pairs Triads Quads, etc.

Last 1279 draws

06-22-44 9 hits
          02-24-29 28-29-49 7 hits
          There were 19 that hit 6 times.

I checked the top three played with the no duplicates among the 19 for the last 100 draws.

While I don't see 30-31-39 or 05-13-20 among them, I do see where 28-29-49 + 30-38-46
          would have won a 5# prize.  It may have not fallen within the five sets your budget allows
          playing the top three against the remaining say 15 unique sets 45 plays would have won
          the 5# prize and a fair number of 4# and 3# prizes, though still a loss of roughy 50% it's
          not the worst results I've seen and maybe in the next 100 draws that 6# will be in there
          in this game or another game like it.

BobP

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19830 Posts
            Posted: March 30, 2015, 3:15 pm - IP Logged

Using the GH software runing the 9. Chart Companion Pairs Triads Quads, etc.

Last 1279 draws

06-22-44 9 hits
            02-24-29 28-29-49 7 hits
            There were 19 that hit 6 times.

I checked the top three played with the no duplicates among the 19 for the last 100 draws.

While I don't see 30-31-39 or 05-13-20 among them, I do see where 28-29-49 + 30-38-46
            would have won a 5# prize.  It may have not fallen within the five sets your budget allows
            playing the top three against the remaining say 15 unique sets 45 plays would have won
            the 5# prize and a fair number of 4# and 3# prizes, though still a loss of roughy 50% it's
            not the worst results I've seen and maybe in the next 100 draws that 6# will be in there
            in this game or another game like it.

BobP

"maybe in the next 100 draws that 6# will be in there in this game or another game like it."

That sounds very similar to posts I use to read in the old Maybelle forum and here in the pick3 forum that had 15-20 sets of pick3 numbers that said some where in the US one of these numbers will hit in a mid-day or evening drawings.  They were usually right but so what if you didn't know the game of state?

Evil Looking       

Dump Water Florida
              United States
              Member #380
              June 5, 2002
              3104 Posts
              Posted: March 31, 2015, 7:57 am - IP Logged

"maybe in the next 100 draws that 6# will be in there in this game or another game like it."

That sounds very similar to posts I use to read in the old Maybelle forum and here in the pick3 forum that had 15-20 sets of pick3 numbers that said some where in the US one of these numbers will hit in a mid-day or evening drawings.  They were usually right but so what if you didn't know the game of state?

So I take it you're not going to address the data difference between what GH has for Ohio Classic and you have?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19830 Posts
                Posted: March 31, 2015, 11:37 am - IP Logged

So I take it you're not going to address the data difference between what GH has for Ohio Classic and you have?

I'll leave that to the OCL players who use her software.  I don't have any of GH software.

Evil Looking       

On The Edge of Infinity
                  United States
                  Member #160681
                  November 4, 2014
                  52 Posts
                  Posted: April 16, 2015, 7:37 pm - IP Logged

The only strategy I could come up with is say marking the number one on all your play slips and then putting them through the machine.

If the one is actually drawn and you get lucky, you could have an odds reduction.

Arizona
                    United States
                    Member #165073
                    March 24, 2015
                    220 Posts
                    Posted: April 16, 2015, 8:20 pm - IP Logged

Of course they were usually right. A quick search reveals that there are at least 42 Pick3 drawings across the country each day. If you publish a list of 20 sets of numbers, there's a better than 57% chance that at least one of them will come up in one of those drawings.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19830 Posts
                      Posted: May 16, 2015, 12:35 pm - IP Logged

Now that OCL jackpot is competitive with the second prize amounts of MM and PB, maybe some of those GH fans will use those charts to win it.

Evil Looking       

South Carolina
                        United States
                        Member #18322
                        July 9, 2005
                        1706 Posts
                        Posted: May 16, 2015, 3:39 pm - IP Logged

Besides covering all the Mega numbers I assume there being 27, there's really no strategy.

Our ticket guy (Ret Military 25 years) buys all quick picks, besides the Static 27 Numbers then sends the tickets to us once a week.

Im sure most of our players don't even check these tickets until, its over $300 million.

Did you even CONSIDER trying to figure out some sort of strategy, for the games you play ???  If NO STRATEGY is NOT working, why wouldn't you try to use a different approach, and CREATE a STRATEGY ???  Why would you continue to throw Good Money behind Bad Money, with no significant winning results, to show for your continuous investment ??? 

Lotto Laughs has some strategies for the Pick 5 game, in the Systems Forum.  Do a SEARCH !!!  She has also published 2 booklets about Pick 5 strategies, entitled "Strings Galore" and "Happy Endings".  PM Lotto Laughs to see if these booklets are still available for purchase.

CALI
                          Afghanistan
                          Member #118735
                          November 6, 2011
                          134 Posts
                          Posted: May 17, 2015, 12:11 am - IP Logged

As far as the group is concerned it’s neither Good nor Bad money. Just disposable cash they don’t really need.

Since most of the members make very good Salary’s they don’t really care.

The agreement was to play the Mega or Power and if the tab goes over $100 grand then we can re-evaluate.

I’m sure most of them don’t even look at the tickets that are sent via Email.

Our ticket master makes the buys 8 times a month, then scans them all before the next rotation.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19830 Posts
                            Posted: May 17, 2015, 2:05 am - IP Logged

Did you even CONSIDER trying to figure out some sort of strategy, for the games you play ???  If NO STRATEGY is NOT working, why wouldn't you try to use a different approach, and CREATE a STRATEGY ???  Why would you continue to throw Good Money behind Bad Money, with no significant winning results, to show for your continuous investment ??? 

Lotto Laughs has some strategies for the Pick 5 game, in the Systems Forum.  Do a SEARCH !!!  She has also published 2 booklets about Pick 5 strategies, entitled "Strings Galore" and "Happy Endings".  PM Lotto Laughs to see if these booklets are still available for purchase.

Lottery strategies require someone pay attention to what's hitting and chart results to be used in picking the next bunch of combinations to be played.  That means someone in the group has to do a lot more work than anyone else in the group and be willing to take the blame for all their loses.  That's not going to happen in a group so everyone goes along with everything being picked randomly with no special strategy or obligations on anyone.  Lottery strategies work best for individuals who can afford to play alone.

Evil Looking       

CALI
                              Afghanistan
                              Member #118735
                              November 6, 2011
                              134 Posts
                              Posted: May 17, 2015, 3:33 am - IP Logged

Lottery strategies require someone pay attention to what's hitting and chart results to be used in picking the next bunch of combinations to be played.  That means someone in the group has to do a lot more work than anyone else in the group and be willing to take the blame for all their loses.  That's not going to happen in a group so everyone goes along with everything being picked randomly with no special strategy or obligations on anyone.  Lottery strategies work best for individuals who can afford to play alone.

RJOH....

Exactly, never was a strategy and never will be. Many of us work outside of the US and too busy to fool with any of this #%^&

Our buyer spends about 9-10 hours a month, Buying-Scanning Emailing, etc... If its our time, then so be it.

We all live financially comfortable lives, to win this would just be Icing on the Cake...

One of the reasons why I started this group, was to see how people would react to winning a Lotto.