Welcome Guest
You last visited December 13, 2017, 1:26 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

3 Years Later and over $60 Thousand Down...

Topic closed. 67 replies. Last post 3 years ago by zephbe.

Page 5 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
20147 Posts
Posted: May 17, 2015, 10:22 am - IP Logged

RJOH....

Exactly, never was a strategy and never will be. Many of us work outside of the US and too busy to fool with any of this #%^&

Our buyer spends about 9-10 hours a month, Buying-Scanning Emailing, etc... If its our time, then so be it.

We all live financially comfortable lives, to win this would just be Icing on the Cake...

One of the reasons why I started this group, was to see how people would react to winning a Lotto.

I see your point.  If your buyer spends 9-10 hours a month just buying,scanning and emailing then trying to follow a strategy would make playing the lottery for you guys a full time job and guessing your time don't come cheap.  Butler services that do the same thing figure their services are worth an extra $2 per line.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning one * 

Evil Looking       

zephbe's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
    South Carolina
    United States
    Member #77167
    July 15, 2009
    682 Posts
    Posted: May 17, 2015, 11:47 am - IP Logged

RJOH....

Exactly, never was a strategy and never will be. Many of us work outside of the US and too busy to fool with any of this #%^&

Our buyer spends about 9-10 hours a month, Buying-Scanning Emailing, etc... If its our time, then so be it.

We all live financially comfortable lives, to win this would just be Icing on the Cake...

One of the reasons why I started this group, was to see how people would react to winning a Lotto.

"Exactly, never was a strategy and never will be."

So, what was the purpose of your original post?  I'm confused.

Every champion was once a contender who refused to give up.-Rocky Balboa

“Don’t let someone who gave up on their dreams talk you out of going after yours.” – Zig Ziglar

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      20147 Posts
      Posted: May 18, 2015, 12:56 am - IP Logged

"Exactly, never was a strategy and never will be."

So, what was the purpose of your original post?  I'm confused.

I think he wanted to show he and his buddies could lose as much money as any lottery players without the extra work of developing strategies and doing work outs.

Evil Looking       

South Carolina
        United States
        Member #77167
        July 15, 2009
        682 Posts
        Posted: May 18, 2015, 10:20 am - IP Logged

I think he wanted to show he and his buddies could lose as much money as any lottery players without the extra work of developing strategies and doing work outs.

Well, RJOh, I guess I looked at the  suggestions LP members were offering trying to help--and when he said that it just caught me off guard.   Enjoy your day Smile

“Don’t let someone who gave up on their dreams talk you out of going after yours.” – Zig Ziglar

United States
          Member #161539
          December 3, 2014
          328 Posts
          Posted: May 20, 2015, 9:20 am - IP Logged

I started a lotto group in Cali back in the middle of 2011 and now we have just passed the $60 Thousand mark in total tickets purchased.

I never thought the group would last this long. <snip>, maybe 1 year and maybe it was a done deal.

There are only 8 of us and I assume we will eventually pass the $100K point in 3-4 more years.

I was running some numbers and if 1 person spent $100 month = $1200 per year X 50 years straight, its about the same amount that we have spent; crazy ass <snip>…hahahahaha

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

Ever since you posted this story I have been giving it a lot of thought ... thanks for posting by the way ... I have come up with a novel way for a group to cut future losses.

OK, so we have a new group of 20 people starting to play the Mega Millions this Friday. Everyone puts $.90 a month into the pot ... that $18 for one $2.00 MM ticket for nine plays in the month.

I think I read where the amount of money lost so far with your group is not too big of a deal ... everyone has good paying jobs and can afford the money lost. This is for a new group just starting and using the theory that it only "takes one ticket" to win.

So each person spends $.90 a month X 12 = $10.80 for a year X 3 years = $32.40 for three years.

Of course there should be some hits along the way so I can see a group of 20 ... perhaps losing less than $30 over a three period per person.

Total money spent (lost) over three years by the group ... $648 with no wins and less with some hits. I think my math is right and it makes sense to me with the odds of winning so fantastic ... but you still have a shot at the jackpot for very little cost.

CALI
            Afghanistan
            Member #118735
            November 6, 2011
            138 Posts
            Posted: May 21, 2015, 12:59 am - IP Logged

RJOH… Sounds like a seasoned man of reason.

These gaming wheels, combination generators are all way beyond me.

This group germinated via word of mouth, and has a stable set of players.

How long will it last who knows. As YHVH said, "This to shall pass"

On another note, I asked a bunch of people in a typical nursing home, as they were waiting to die literally, what was the crucial thing in life they regretted. Their reply was not what I was expecting. Their issue at hand wasn’t marriage, children, divorce, jobs, and friends.

The #1 resounding answer was; they wish they had taken more chances in life.

As I left the building and sat down on the park bench and said to myself, this will be my mission in life… to always TAKE RISK

So here-in lies my journey … In the late 80’s I relocated down to Hollywood Blvd to live with 2 strippers. After having experienced that wild ass ride; I went up North with my college friend and I road tripped across the US, then down into Mexico. Later 5 islands in the Caribbean, then to Hawaii, and later Japan. I was asked to go to the Mid-East, my family thought I was crazy. The door opened and I walked through. 5 times to Dubai, then Kuwait and 3 years travelling around Bagram-Kandahar-Leatherneck-Mazar E Sharif etc…

As for each and every one of us, there will be many times that you will walk your Journey alone. Our destinations will eventually lead us to taht quiet park littered with headstones. Mine will read; It was 1 Hell of a Ride...

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              20147 Posts
              Posted: May 21, 2015, 1:51 am - IP Logged

Well, RJOh, I guess I looked at the  suggestions LP members were offering trying to help--and when he said that it just caught me off guard.   Enjoy your day Smile

Do you really think any serious players come to LP expecting anyone to help them win a hundred million dollars or more?  I know if I could help anyone win that much money I would help myself first and maybe after doing it a again a few times for some family members and close friends I might consider doing it for others.

Evil Looking       

South Carolina
                United States
                Member #77167
                July 15, 2009
                682 Posts
                Posted: May 21, 2015, 2:02 am - IP Logged

Do you really think any serious players come to LP expecting anyone to help them win a hundred million dollars or more?  I know if I could help anyone win that much money I would help myself first and maybe after doing it a again a few times for some family members and close friends I might consider doing it for others.

I Agree!