Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

3 Years Later and over $60 Thousand Down...

Topic closed. 67 replies. Last post 2 years ago by zephbe.

Page 2 of 5
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #34931
March 9, 2006
98 Posts
Posted: March 19, 2015, 11:28 am - IP Logged

"I've yet to find a game that return more than 20%"

Was that $10 instant games?

NEW YORK
    United States
    Member #90535
    April 29, 2010
    11983 Posts
    Posted: March 19, 2015, 12:46 pm - IP Logged

I started a lotto group in Cali back in the middle of 2011 and now we have just passed the $60 Thousand mark in total tickets purchased.

I never thought the group would last this long. <snip>, maybe 1 year and maybe it was a done deal.

There are only 8 of us and I assume we will eventually pass the $100K point in 3-4 more years.

I was running some numbers and if 1 person spent $100 month = $1200 per year X 50 years straight, its about the same amount that we have spent; crazy ass <snip>…hahahahaha

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

The numbers are so random that even if you buy 1000 lottery tickets at once you have the same chance of winning as if you bought 1 lottery ticket. 

US Flag

PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY-IT IS OKAY TO DREAM!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19831 Posts
      Posted: March 19, 2015, 2:42 pm - IP Logged

"I've yet to find a game that return more than 20%"

Was that $10 instant games?

Ask BobP, it's his strategy.  I have noticed those "All or Nothing" games are returning 20%.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Bondi Junction
        Australia
        Member #57242
        December 24, 2007
        1102 Posts
        Posted: March 19, 2015, 5:53 pm - IP Logged

I started a lotto group in Cali back in the middle of 2011 and now we have just passed the $60 Thousand mark in total tickets purchased.

I never thought the group would last this long. <snip>, maybe 1 year and maybe it was a done deal.

There are only 8 of us and I assume we will eventually pass the $100K point in 3-4 more years.

I was running some numbers and if 1 person spent $100 month = $1200 per year X 50 years straight, its about the same amount that we have spent; crazy ass <snip>…hahahahaha

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

Look on the bright side!

You also won!

You, and the others in your group, have benefited from the revenue raised!

We all get a lot out of lotteries!

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
          Texas
          United States
          Member #55889
          October 23, 2007
          5615 Posts
          Posted: March 19, 2015, 7:00 pm - IP Logged

Ask BobP, it's his strategy.  I have noticed those "All or Nothing" games are returning 20%.

So far this month I'm getting about 17%. I have done better other months.

Of course, I'm playing for a jackpot, not return percentages.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
            Dump Water Florida
            United States
            Member #380
            June 5, 2002
            3106 Posts
            Posted: March 19, 2015, 11:24 pm - IP Logged

I've heard other players say that but I've yet to find a game that return more than 20% of your money unless you get lucky and win a top prize.

Proof the lottery understands how wheeling works.

The trick is to create a paradigm shift by switching to a Pick-6 game and walking around general strategy and wheeling of the usual types.

I suggest creating sets of three numbers, those that tend to hit together if you so choose, play each three number set against all others.  With a thousand dollar budget, you can do this several times and still have half left over.  Get any two groups correct (3/3) = jackpot!!!  other winning number configurations (3/2, 3/1, 2/2/2, 2/2,  can win multiple lower tier prizes.

BobP

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19831 Posts
              Posted: March 19, 2015, 11:34 pm - IP Logged

So far this month I'm getting about 17%. I have done better other months.

Of course, I'm playing for a jackpot, not return percentages.

With overall odds of 1:4.5 how could you not do at least that good?  On the prediction board I played that game for one day and it put me in the top ten predictors for the month in all four categories.

Evil Looking       

Texas
                United States
                Member #55889
                October 23, 2007
                5615 Posts
                Posted: March 19, 2015, 11:38 pm - IP Logged

With overall odds of 1:4.5 how could you not do at least that good?  On the prediction board I played that game for one day and it put me in the top ten predictors for the month in all four categories.

Well, I only play one line, rarely multiple lines because of the cost. If I do play more than one line, it is with the same numbers twice to try for $500,000. So it's not unusual for me to go 3 or 4 days or more sometimes and not even get my $2 back.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19831 Posts
                  Posted: March 19, 2015, 11:38 pm - IP Logged

The trick is to create a paradigm shift by switching to a Pick-6 game and walking around general strategy and wheeling of the usual types.

I suggest creating sets of three numbers, those that tend to hit together if you so choose, play each three number set against all others.  With a thousand dollar budget, you can do this several times and still have half left over.  Get any two groups correct (3/3) = jackpot!!!  other winning number configurations (3/2, 3/1, 2/2/2, 2/2,  can win multiple lower tier prizes.

BobP

I was looking for something like that when Ohio Classic Lotto had a jackpot of $70M but couldn't find it.  Maybe I'll work on it and be ready the next OCL roll up to that amount, but I don't know about spending a thousand dollars.

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19831 Posts
                    Posted: March 19, 2015, 11:42 pm - IP Logged

Well, I only play one line, rarely multiple lines because of the cost. If I do play more than one line, it is with the same numbers twice to try for $500,000. So it's not unusual for me to go 3 or 4 days or more sometimes and not even get my $2 back.

You do know that game goes pari-mutual if more than 20 people win the top prize?  I would think you would be better off playing different combinations.

Evil Looking       

Texas
                      United States
                      Member #55889
                      October 23, 2007
                      5615 Posts
                      Posted: March 20, 2015, 8:33 am - IP Logged

You do know that game goes pari-mutual if more than 20 people win the top prize?  I would think you would be better off playing different combinations.

Of course I know.

They made that change because so many people were playing all even or all odd, or the first 12 numbers or last 12 numbers. Which I used to do before the change. Now I don't play sets like that. And the only way there will be more than 20 jackpot winners is if one of those sets of numbers are drawn. About a year ago 11 out 12 numbers were all even. There were over 200 some $500 winners. So if all 12 had been even, each winner would have gotten about $21,000. As it is this game will go a month or more without a jackpot winner.

I just play either a QP, or a set from LP's RNG. If I want to play the same set twice for $500,000 I'll usually use LP's RNG. Some one in Temple won a year or two back like that. He played one set of numbers and then played the opposite set of numbers so he got all 12 on one line and 0 on the other. Didn't have to play that way, but it works either way.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19831 Posts
                        Posted: March 20, 2015, 12:44 pm - IP Logged

Of course I know.

They made that change because so many people were playing all even or all odd, or the first 12 numbers or last 12 numbers. Which I used to do before the change. Now I don't play sets like that. And the only way there will be more than 20 jackpot winners is if one of those sets of numbers are drawn. About a year ago 11 out 12 numbers were all even. There were over 200 some $500 winners. So if all 12 had been even, each winner would have gotten about $21,000. As it is this game will go a month or more without a jackpot winner.

I just play either a QP, or a set from LP's RNG. If I want to play the same set twice for $500,000 I'll usually use LP's RNG. Some one in Temple won a year or two back like that. He played one set of numbers and then played the opposite set of numbers so he got all 12 on one line and 0 on the other. Didn't have to play that way, but it works either way.

I see Texas is the only state with a $5M cap, all the other states have a smaller cap.  They must expect players in Texas to play bigger and win more.

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19831 Posts
                          Posted: March 20, 2015, 12:50 pm - IP Logged

BobP

I'm sure if winning a jackpot was that easy someone would be doing it, after all that Michigan couple that travel to Massachusetts to play their WinFall game were willing to spend $300K to match 5 of 6.

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19831 Posts
                            Posted: March 20, 2015, 4:38 pm - IP Logged

BobP

The odds calculator that I wrote and have been testing suggest trying that with Ohio's Classic Lotto(6/49) I would only get 10% of my money back with 19 wins, one 4of6 paying $70 and 18 3of6 paying $2 each.

Evil Looking       

Newton,NC
                              United States
                              Member #164587
                              March 7, 2015
                              17 Posts
                              Posted: March 20, 2015, 8:30 pm - IP Logged

Some people just got lots of money to risk.  If I had that kind of money, I would you use it for a business or reinvest it into a successful business.

No offense to anybody.

If lady luck never shows up,  I would hate to lose that kind of money; however, what people do with their own dollars is their

choice.