Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 1:12 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

My numbers hit 3/4/15, at lastminute I blew off playing- I am devastated- help

Topic closed. 77 replies. Last post 2 years ago by backwaterjoe.

Page 2 of 6
PrintE-mailLink
Litebets27's avatar - power
Maryland
United States
Member #10465
January 14, 2005
6065 Posts
Posted: March 20, 2015, 5:16 pm - IP Logged

Luckydaydidntpl, I believe we all have gone through the same feelings when we, for some reason could not get out to play some lottery game.

I know this would have been a life changer, but it happens and we hurt for awhile.

Continue to study your numbers and play them early.

Remember, there will always be a next time.

Feeling,  PRICELESS!!!Banana

Come on Jackpot!!!

Sunny California
    United States
    Member #40295
    May 31, 2006
    7712 Posts
    Posted: March 20, 2015, 6:00 pm - IP Logged

I look at it this way, it just wasn't meant to be. Everything didn't quite line up. There's a reason for that. One you'll probably never figure out in this lifetime. 

Do You Want To Win Today?  http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/286011

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
      Massachusetts
      United States
      Member #37433
      April 14, 2006
      2747 Posts
      Posted: March 20, 2015, 6:43 pm - IP Logged

I like to play advanced play for this exact reason. The only thing you can do is dump that combo and take on another one. They say all combos have the same chance but I wouldn't play a combo that's been drawn before.

Good luck if you're playing tonite. I am

That money's gone fo ever

Carolina
        United States
        Member #164949
        March 20, 2015
        14 Posts
        Posted: March 20, 2015, 7:03 pm - IP Logged

Lifebets, you said we have all gone through these feelings..... I am amazed my chosen numbers hit within 5 weeks of choosing them.

How many of you have chose numbers that match 5 or 6 numbers of any of the  past 2400 power ball drawings; of course without cheating?

I punched in numbers for hours on a "see if my numbers every hit before" site and never got any of them to match up checking them against all 2400 past drawings. The odds are nuts! Could probably do it for a year at 40 hours a week and never get a match against 2400 past drawings; with out cheating anyway.

In fact this is why I lost my chance.... because I understood how incredible the odds were, which is why I drove off and didnt worry about playing that night. And boy did lightening strike my butt, I feel another cussing session developing now.

but thanks to you and everyone else too for your much appreciated words of encouragement.

I really have to talk this out of my system

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
          Bay Area - California
          United States
          Member #136477
          December 12, 2012
          4108 Posts
          Posted: March 20, 2015, 7:20 pm - IP Logged

Luckydaydidntpl, I believe we all have gone through the same feelings when we, for some reason could not get out to play some lottery game.

I know this would have been a life changer, but it happens and we hurt for awhile.

Continue to study your numbers and play them early.

Remember, there will always be a next time.

l respectfully disagree that " we all"  have gone through the same feelings, maybe it's because there are so many places to buy lottery tickets out here. There is no reason to not get your stash in time. l personally have never been closer than 3 numbers so l will remove myself from the " we" equation. We win some we lose some- losing sleep over what could have been is a waste of time. Anyone who tells you different is lying to themselves. On the point of "studying your numbers"- l never could figure that one out, after all- once the balls start spinning it's anyone's game.Studying numbers is reading  tea leaves. Just ask those folks who won with a QP.In short, no studying required.

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

Maryland
            United States
            Member #10465
            January 14, 2005
            6065 Posts
            Posted: March 20, 2015, 7:36 pm - IP Logged

I was referring to the feeling of on any of the lottery games for most of us.

It's a gamble.

Personally, I had 5/6 on the old big game and was 1 digit off of the 6th number years ago.

They were numbers that I picked.

I get that same cussing feeling even when I miss the 3 or 4 digit.

If I'm playing keno or racetrax and miss out on my numbers because I could not get them in, I feel a cussing session coming on.

I know you are referring Powerball, but losses hurt however they come.

Come on Jackpot!!!

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
              Bay Area - California
              United States
              Member #136477
              December 12, 2012
              4108 Posts
              Posted: March 20, 2015, 7:46 pm - IP Logged

I was referring to the feeling of on any of the lottery games for most of us.

It's a gamble.

Personally, I had 5/6 on the old big game and was 1 digit off of the 6th number years ago.

They were numbers that I picked.

I get that same cussing feeling even when I miss the 3 or 4 digit.

If I'm playing keno or racetrax and miss out on my numbers because I could not get them in, I feel a cussing session coming on.

I know you are referring Powerball, but losses hurt however they come.

It is a gamble, one never knows. I think back to that incident where 84 year Gloria from Florida" cuts" in line or asks the person in front of her  if she could just quickly purchase a ticket or tickets..The rest is history.  There were those folk who said that  Gloria's actions denied this woman the jackpot..right.Those numbers are changing by the split second, the " kind" woman's chance in Florida could have ended up with someone in Massachusetts or St Louis for all we know, but that did not stop the " what if's" guessing game.

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
                Happyland
                United States
                Member #146344
                September 1, 2013
                1129 Posts
                Posted: March 20, 2015, 7:48 pm - IP Logged

Investing emotionally in the lottery is a waste of time.

I used to get worked up just like this. But, then I realized, if I'm going to win, I will win. Nothing I do will accelerate my life to reach that point of actually winning. You could pour thousands into the game and still never win. Playing here and there, even just one ticket a draw, gives you the only chance you need.

I have had my numbers hit as well. My friend was working at a restaurant, I had not seen her in a long time, so I decided to go visit. Before leaving home I filled out my playslip and planned to stop and get a lotto ticket. Traffic was bad and her shift was ending soon, so I ran out of time to get my ticket. I sat in that restaurant and watched on the television as they drew my numbers. This was just a few years ago.

I think that moment is when it clicked with me, that you can 'try' to win all you want, but at the end of the day you will only win by pure luck.

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
                If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

2016: -48.28% (13 tickets) ||
                P&L % = Total Win($)/Total Wager($) - 1

Maryland
                  United States
                  Member #10465
                  January 14, 2005
                  6065 Posts
                  Posted: March 20, 2015, 7:48 pm - IP Logged

Thanks noise-gate, but most of my wins have come off of numbers I pick.

Some patterns come up that help can help with your next pick.

But, I wish anyone luck who depend on randomness only.

Come on Jackpot!!!

Bay Area - California
                    United States
                    Member #136477
                    December 12, 2012
                    4108 Posts
                    Posted: March 20, 2015, 8:13 pm - IP Logged

Thanks noise-gate, but most of my wins have come off of numbers I pick.

Some patterns come up that help can help with your next pick.

But, I wish anyone luck who depend on randomness only.

Sweet.

I posted an article by an individual named Ronald Wasserstein a Lil over or under a month and his analysis of winning the lottery makes not just sense- but perfect sense.  He wrote that since the odds are 170 something million to 1- it would take a " marked" $1.00 bill laid end to end going twice around the Continental United States, and an individual driving or riding a bike would stop along the way, pick up the first bill they see and hope it's the right one. It that difficult hitting the jackpot.

s5thomps's avatar - Lottery-033.jpg
                      Hard Luck, Ak
                      United States
                      Member #23472
                      October 13, 2005
                      275 Posts
                      Posted: March 20, 2015, 8:19 pm - IP Logged

In the words of Florida Evans from the show Good Times....    D*@MN, D*@MN,  D*@MNN!!!"

Seriously though, I feel bad from you. Hindsight is always 20/20. One thing I would suggest is to find another set of numbers that mean something to you and purchase a multi-draw for 20 drawings at a time. Your numbers will be good for 5 weeks and you won't have to worry about missing out on the "Big One" if your numbers hit again. There have been stories of people hitting the lottery twice so keep the faith! Honestly if it happened to me it would drive me crazy also. All the woulda, could of, should of's would drive a man to drink. Good luck and if your ship happens to come in again make sure you're at the dock to meet it. Don't leave anything to chance, with a multi-draw at least you have it covered for a certain period of time and you don't have to worry about missing out on a drawing for any reason such as working late, car breaking down, can't make it to the store, etc..etc.

No Pity!                                                                     

"We make a living by what you get, You make a LIFE by what you give!"

Sir Winston ChurchillSun Smiley

Carolina
                        United States
                        Member #164949
                        March 20, 2015
                        14 Posts
                        Posted: March 20, 2015, 8:44 pm - IP Logged

Thanks to all for posting

I really appreciate the sounding board you folks have provided me.

I hope more folks weigh in too, with personal stories of their big missed chance at super money.

I need all the free therapy I can get, it has been really tough the past few weeks ruminating over what I could have done with the cash if only I would have .....

it is a challenge to forget this and move on.

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
                          TX
                          United States
                          Member #121193
                          January 4, 2012
                          1637 Posts
                          Posted: March 20, 2015, 9:27 pm - IP Logged

Interesting story Lucky.....It was just not your time for some unexplainable reason....Perhaps divine intervention ???
                          Maybe if you would have gone to make that ticket purchase you could have been involved in an accident/robbery/ or some other situation that could have caused you significant loss or harmed your well being......Now, losing that kind of windfall just flat out sucks....BUT, on the bright side, you are alive and can play again...my suggestion....purchase advanced draws for however many draws are in the month with your chosen numbers...
                          Stay positive and stay in the game !!!!

Stay Positive, Believe and good things will come your way

United States
                            Member #158988
                            September 9, 2014
                            31 Posts
                            Posted: March 20, 2015, 10:03 pm - IP Logged

There is a point at which you are going to have to tell yourself , "that was a missed opportunity, and it really sucks that it happened. But, I did learn ,...x...y...z..! " and then carry that lesson with you everywhere and be sure that you don't make that mistake again, the lesson of not following through.

Because sitting in that self-pity puddle of 'shoulda, woulda, coulda' will get you absoluetly nada. Really, what's it going to take for you to look forward and let go of the past. Do you drive down the freeway looking in the rearview mirror as a way to navigate forward? I hope the answer to that is no.

The lesson is clear.

The time is now.

Best of luck.

South Carolina
                              United States
                              Member #18322
                              July 9, 2005
                              1704 Posts
                              Posted: March 20, 2015, 11:54 pm - IP Logged

CHOOSE NEW NUMBERS !!! or CHOOSE A NEW LOTTERY GAME TO PLAY, THAT IS EASIER TO WIN !!!  Try Pick 4 instead.

Or, try playing your old "lucky numbers" in another Jackpot game, like "Lucky for Life" [if you're in South Carolina], or MM, or your state's Pick 5 game.

Change your strategy !!!