Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 2:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

My numbers hit 3/4/15, at lastminute I blew off playing- I am devastated- help

Topic closed. 77 replies. Last post 2 years ago by backwaterjoe.

Page 4 of 6
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #164076
February 18, 2015
6 Posts
Posted: March 21, 2015, 10:11 pm - IP Logged

Luckyday: 

I completely understand how your heart must've sank to your stomach when you checked those numbers.  I've had only one instance where I didn't take a chance at playing a 3 digit number that hit.  That was many moons ago.  It was hard not to think about for the longest time.

I've learned a lot since then.  Yes, it's hard to let go, but if you're going to keep taking a chance at hitting the big one, let go of that negativity.

I've also stopped playing chosen sets of numbers continuously.  I feel my chances are better at sitting down and picking different numbers each time.
This has also put a few extra dollars in my pocket for the next tickets. 

It's not only luck but any negative remnants or messages you're holding on to won't help get you to that ultimate goal of just having fun
playing the lottery and opening yourself up to whatever you deserve to win.  If you hit big, that's a big Hoorah! :))

Another trick I've learned is to listen to my gut, no matter what and go for it if I'm having a smooth sailing day. 
I may not have won a huge amount but a small amount here and there on those "smooth sailing days" made it worth going back and buying a ticket. 

Deep breaths, my friend.

Taurus$'s avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
    Ft. Washington, MD
    United States
    Member #159267
    September 20, 2014
    123 Posts
    Posted: March 21, 2015, 11:10 pm - IP Logged

I agree that when you play your dedicated numbers with advance play but you miss one draw then you feel naked and vulnerable.  If my numbers had come up then I would feel like you do.

A Greek philosopher once said that perceived good outcomes do not always produce good results.  A bad outcome does not always produce bad results. Life is strange, glorious , and unpredictable for most of us.  I think that the philosopher's name was Phury.

Another Greek philosopher named Euripides proclaimed that ," For whom the gods wish to destroy they first  make him instantly rich". I first read that quote in a Lottery  Post article about David Lee Edwards.

Keep the Faith and Keep hope alive !!

Well said music! Life certainly is strange, glorious ,and unpredictable. When you least expect some things, it happens. I am suprised at some things that i have gone thru. They happened when i never saw it coming lol!

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
      Lavender Rocket

United States
      Member #124616
      March 16, 2012
      2642 Posts
      Posted: March 22, 2015, 1:30 am - IP Logged

This is my first post. I joined because no one gets what I am going through. I have told lots of people and  basically get blown off as if this is not that big of a deal. I hear "you wouldnt have hit or come on now get over it, cant win if you dont play" type responses and then I am left to myself to deal with it. I cannot stop it from popping into my mind and every morning, evening and drive by the gas station sets me off into a repeated series of GD's that continue until I finally get tired of beating myself up or someone else is around and I have to stop it. It is especially bad before work and I am afraid my neighbor who walks their dog by my bathroom in the morning has heard my cussing sessions in the shower. I have lost sleep.I'm ok most of the time with random sessions of intense regret.

I casually play the lotto. I have only spent a few hundred dollars or so I guess since the lotto came to my state. I have studied it some and discovered that the odds are really bad and I think I may have won $3 one time. Several people at work play all the time and they motivate me to play by just hearing them talk about it on drawing days. So when the the power ball gets big or I feel lucky I usually buy a few tickets. 

Anyway 3/4/15 I had a perfect drive to and from work which is quite rare, no one pulled out in front of me and I got to go 63mph on cruise each way to my amazement. I decided I should buy some lotto tickets because I needed gas. During the feb. 2015 564 million jackpot which I played for several times I told one of my co-workers who plays all the time that I was going to pick some numbers that really mean something to me and just play those when ever the pots get big or when ever I decide to play plus maybe a couple of QP's.

So those numbers were 8-12-15-35-50 and I would pick the powerball out of a few numbers and I cant explain my reason b/c it is just too lengthy to type out, but I am certain 32 was most likely the number I would have picked based on my system and the previous ticket I would have been looking at to choose my numbers that day.

The numbers all represent important dates/ages/years of me and my immediate family. I had played the exact numbers for the 564 jack pot. I did change one number the last time I played them 8-12-35-50-55 because I was trying three big numbers vs three small ones 8-12-15-35-50 but I intended to go back to my original number and play both sets next time because I was still finalizing my actual one favorite set decision.

Anyway after gas I thought I am running late, I need groceries, I have to cook , and then it happened,

I thought my numbers never hit, maybe after dinner I'll go out and get them, but who am I kidding when I check back in a few days I'll confirm I made the right decision.

When I checked the numbers the following saturday my eyes got  big as saucers, I cant believe I screwed this up, now I am having a very hard time dealing with the thought that I would have been able to retire and live the life of a carefree rich guy. This is very tough on me. Poof it is gone, back to work till i die, i despise having to get up and work every day punching a clock, and this statistically will never happen again. I feel like I missed the one biggest chance at an incredible adventure I'll ever get. Even though I am ok financially without it, the idea of the complete financial freedom of winning if I would have just followed through with my original plan is killing me.

It was for 90 million, 31,700,000 after taxes. The 5 balls were a lock at 1,000,000 - 600,000 after tax

I feel a cussing session coming on.......any thoughts that can help me deal with this are appreciated.

Wow.  Tough choice.  Hang in there.  You did it once, what's to say you can't do it again?

Vergie6's avatar - DSCN5541
        North Carolina
        United States
        Member #59855
        March 29, 2008
        31872 Posts
        Posted: March 22, 2015, 9:31 am - IP Logged

The only thing you can do at this point is to keep playing the lottery.  When you play your own numbers, you have to play every draw.  Let it go!

You're right about keep playing your own numbers...a man in the town which I live in won $12 million in the mega millions a few years ago & he had played the same numbers for a very long time & they all finally hit.

I asked his sister how did he pick out his numbers & she told me that he played the birthdays of his & some family members. I also asked her if he gave her any of the money & she said not a dime even though one of the numbers was her birthday...then she laughed & said well I don't really need it....must be nice!

He didn't come forward to redeem his ticket until he got all of his ducks in a row...bought a winnebago so when he did cashed it in he & his wife left town for the western part of the US.  I thought that was good thinking. 

North Carolina
          United States
          Member #59855
          March 29, 2008
          31872 Posts
          Posted: March 22, 2015, 9:38 am - IP Logged

Well said music! Life certainly is strange, glorious ,and unpredictable. When you least expect some things, it happens. I am suprised at some things that i have gone thru. They happened when i never saw it coming lol!

You are right about that statement..."when you least expect some things, it happens"...recently I bought a scratch card & saw one square said 50 x $20 which was a $1000 win & I surely did not expect that but went in the store believing I would get a win there but sure didn't expect that...here's the picture of it.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/216513/4018938

The thing is when I go in feeling a little desperate I win nothing at all but when I feel lucky or really don't worry about it is when I win or just buy one I have a gut feeling about which is not that often.

zephbe's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
            South Carolina
            United States
            Member #77167
            July 15, 2009
            568 Posts
            Posted: March 22, 2015, 9:52 am - IP Logged

Vergie6--congrats on your win.

to the original poster--always follow your feelings. If something made you take time to pick out some numbers-play them.  I can imagine how you feel--but that will pass.

Every champion was once a contender who refused to give up.-Rocky Balboa

“Don’t let someone who gave up on their dreams talk you out of going after yours.” – Zig Ziglar

North Carolina
              United States
              Member #59855
              March 29, 2008
              31872 Posts
              Posted: March 22, 2015, 10:01 am - IP Logged

Vergie6--congrats on your win.

to the original poster--always follow your feelings. If something made you take time to pick out some numbers-play them.  I can imagine how you feel--but that will pass.

Thanks...& congrats to you too...wish I could win a few more like that!Big Grin Angel

I'm hoping Ladyc will post here...she has had lots of huge wins & they have 4 p3 drawings in Texas now.

If I lived there I'd be rich or broke because I'd probably play in all 4 drawings!

Carolina
                United States
                Member #164949
                March 20, 2015
                14 Posts
                Posted: March 22, 2015, 12:18 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for all the replies folks.

I played some more tickets this weekend and all had zero numbers matched, so my game play is back to normal now.

Hence the reason I didnt play the day my numbers matched; I have never had any decent amount of numbers match before, besides that day I didnt play. 3/4/15

I have tried to get some other numbers that really feel right to replace the hit numbers but none compare to the ones that hit to me and trying to just put them in another game just dont feel right either. 

But hey I am sleeping good again and I am very thankful for that. Another few days or weeks without good sleep and this thing could have taken a turn to some strange places I just as soon not go.

Back to the same old same old sh-t, I'll just keep working for the next 12-15 years 40++ hours a week and then  I can retire. The dream of hitting is passing and I really want to thank all that replied because I found this forum helped quite a bit, cheap therapy.

But being cheap is also a big part of why I drove off that evening, thinking why bother and why waste the money and that I would be glad later on when I checked the numbers because I didnt waste the money............. I was also running late but I think the cheapness played a big part as well.

WHAT A SHAME.......I almost definitely now will never be super rich and I have to continue the daily grind.

Cant wait for the alarm clock cussing session tomorrow at 5:50 am. I am now back to normal - a working for a living, living for the weekends......... day in and day out till I retire or die...........sh=t............

My chance at riding the rocket ship that hitting those numbers would have been are GONE GONE GONE.

Good luck guys.....I hope I (or one of you) hits the big payoff soon, but I am not counting on it, its a long shot for sure.

South Carolina
                  United States
                  Member #18322
                  July 9, 2005
                  1743 Posts
                  Posted: March 22, 2015, 3:36 pm - IP Logged

I played some more tickets this weekend and all had zero numbers matched, so my game play is back to normal now.

Hence the reason I didnt play the day my numbers matched; I have never had any decent amount of numbers match before, besides that day I didnt play. 3/4/15

I have tried to get some other numbers that really feel right to replace the hit numbers but none compare to the ones that hit to me and trying to just put them in another game just dont feel right either. 

But hey I am sleeping good again and I am very thankful for that. Another few days or weeks without good sleep and this thing could have taken a turn to some strange places I just as soon not go.

Back to the same old same old sh-t, I'll just keep working for the next 12-15 years 40++ hours a week and then  I can retire. The dream of hitting is passing and I really want to thank all that replied because I found this forum helped quite a bit, cheap therapy.

But being cheap is also a big part of why I drove off that evening, thinking why bother and why waste the money and that I would be glad later on when I checked the numbers because I didnt waste the money............. I was also running late but I think the cheapness played a big part as well.

WHAT A SHAME.......I almost definitely now will never be super rich and I have to continue the daily grind.

Cant wait for the alarm clock cussing session tomorrow at 5:50 am. I am now back to normal - a working for a living, living for the weekends......... day in and day out till I retire or die...........sh=t............

My chance at riding the rocket ship that hitting those numbers would have been are GONE GONE GONE.

Good luck guys.....I hope I (or one of you) hits the big payoff soon, but I am not counting on it, its a long shot for sure.

Why don't you try creating a Vision Board [google "creative vision board" if you're not familiar with this concept], instead of giving up hope.  You should seriously consider changing your strategy, changing your numbers, and changing your game, instead of giving up hope

Choose a favorite Pick 4 number to play regularly.  $20 bet x $5,000 Straight Win = $100,000 Jackpot !!! $100,000 is a Jackpot, to many people !!!

Be grateful for whatever amount you win, even if it's not millions of dollarsGratitude for small blessings counts, in attracting larger blessings

Read:  Manifest your Millions: A Lottery Winner shares his Law of Attraction Secrets ! - by Eddie Coronado [$10.79 on Amazon].

United States
                    Member #164076
                    February 18, 2015
                    6 Posts
                    Posted: March 22, 2015, 3:49 pm - IP Logged

Love that book by Eddie Coronado. 

I got the kindle version which was a good price since the OP likes to save money.  ;))

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
                      Indiana
                      United States
                      Member #48725
                      January 7, 2007
                      1958 Posts
                      Posted: March 22, 2015, 3:58 pm - IP Logged

Instead of thinking you would be rich right now had you played the numbers, why can't you think that had you played the numbers, different numbers would have come up? Surely, that thought would comfort you.

Gonna win.Big Smile

Carolina
                        United States
                        Member #164949
                        March 20, 2015
                        14 Posts
                        Posted: March 22, 2015, 4:52 pm - IP Logged

Guru,

You're right, if I would have played and lost then I would not have taken this as hard because I took a shot and missed; but by not playing and my numbers hitting the what ifs are making me suffer.

How would me playing numbers that I picked out have any effect on the numbers that came out in the spinning vacuum machines that suck the balls up. Are you saying the computer system is rigged some how to manipulate outcomes based on tickets that are sold?

I get the discussion about the butterfly effect or the leaf at the end of Forrest Gump, but I dont think me playing would have changed the numbers drawn.

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
                          Indiana
                          United States
                          Member #48725
                          January 7, 2007
                          1958 Posts
                          Posted: March 22, 2015, 6:18 pm - IP Logged

Guru,

You're right, if I would have played and lost then I would not have taken this as hard because I took a shot and missed; but by not playing and my numbers hitting the what ifs are making me suffer.

How would me playing numbers that I picked out have any effect on the numbers that came out in the spinning vacuum machines that suck the balls up. Are you saying the computer system is rigged some how to manipulate outcomes based on tickets that are sold?

I get the discussion about the butterfly effect or the leaf at the end of Forrest Gump, but I dont think me playing would have changed the numbers drawn.

Luckyday, you don't have to let the what ifs make you suffer. If being scientifically correct is what helps you get through this, then do it.

People often overlook the butterfly effect when it comes to previously occurred events because people like to think "this is what was suppose to happen" or "this was part of the plan". The problem is, with the butterfly effect, there is no plan. There's only one moment in "time" that physically exists, and that's right now. 1 second ago doesn't physically exist anymore.

And yes, had you taken the time to go in the store, fill out a playslip, stand in line, and play them, you would have had an impact on the drawing from that decision alone. You have to look deep into the chain of events that would have occurred to see the difference. Ultimately, if you look at the chain reaction leading up to the placement of the balls in the machine, even the most miniscule difference in placement of the balls would have resulted in a different set of numbers being picked.

I won't lie, the butterfly effect can be hard to explain. To give you an example though:

Right now you are reading this post.

Since you are taking the time to read this post, I am having an effect on your daily schedule.

Maybe an old high school buddy just walked past your house, but since you took the time to read this post and he's long gone, then had you planned on going outside sooner, you wouldn't have seen him and wouldn't have conversed with him.

On the other hand, maybe he's still headed toward your house, and if it's your plan to go outside in the next few minutes, then you might end up seeing each other and a whole new chain of events occurs. Maybe he gives you some good news, or bad news, or maybe the 2 of you decide to exchange numbers and go out for a beer sometime.

As you can see, I'm having an impact on your life and everyone else's, just as you and everyone else are having an effect on mine, and we don't even have to be right next to each other. We are hundreds of miles apart and still are impacting each other.

Gonna win.Big Smile

North Carolina
                            United States
                            Member #59855
                            March 29, 2008
                            31872 Posts
                            Posted: March 22, 2015, 6:27 pm - IP Logged

Thanks...& congrats to you too...wish I could win a few more like that!Big Grin Angel

I'm hoping Ladyc will post here...she has had lots of huge wins & they have 4 p3 drawings in Texas now.

If I lived there I'd be rich or broke because I'd probably play in all 4 drawings!

About the post up there...I guess I thought I was posting on the thread I just started when I said I wish Ladyc would post here...I started one about lottery wins...here's the link.

Had just posted on it and guess I thought I was still on it!Crazy

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/287515/4037739

boston,ma
                              United States
                              Member #150102
                              December 15, 2013
                              112 Posts
                              Posted: March 22, 2015, 6:35 pm - IP Logged

Hello,

Sorry for your loss. I also have a dedicated set of number I play when the jackpot gets high. I have my season tickets for PB and MM and Lucky for life, but i also have a set of 10 numbers i play for PB and MM when it's over 100 million. These were originally QP and I transferred them to slips a while ago. I have no idea what those numbers are now, i just play them when the jP is high enough. i just look online the next day to see if anyone won. If not, then i go to the store and use that machine to see if i get a dollar or two with the numbers i have. I would rather not know If i won the jackpot and didn't play, that's why I don't know what numbers I have.