Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 7:16 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

My numbers hit 3/4/15, at lastminute I blew off playing- I am devastated- help

Topic closed. 77 replies. Last post 2 years ago by backwaterjoe.

Page 5 of 6
PrintE-mailLink
CALI
Afghanistan
Member #118735
November 6, 2011
134 Posts
Posted: March 24, 2015, 4:52 am - IP Logged

Dont feel bad, my group has dropped over 60K on this <snip> and have never had 5 numbers.

Its a strange thing this Lotto play. Im doing the same <snip> also, working to pay bills.

Im at ease with it now, so I just go along with the flow.

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
    NY
    United States
    Member #121961
    January 21, 2012
    3159 Posts
    Posted: March 24, 2015, 11:53 am - IP Logged

Keep trying unluckyday. Some day you'll get that Trailer park you always wanted. It's hard to stay with one set of numbers when they don't hit for along time.

Carolina
      United States
      Member #164949
      March 20, 2015
      14 Posts
      Posted: March 24, 2015, 7:02 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the talk guru, it helps.

That is some deep sh=t

If the girl sneezed prior to pressing the ball stop on the machine my number would have missed, I think I see what you are saying, it just didnt happen for me and unless you got the ticket in hand to show it did it is just a feeling you think is reality when in fact it is not.

Florida
        United States
        Member #165004
        March 22, 2015
        25 Posts
        Posted: March 24, 2015, 7:20 pm - IP Logged

The way I read your tale of woe is that basically you were not particularily motivated to play those numbers, no burning desire and as you say, you were a casual player.  I think if you had been driving to a place to buy a ticket and something that happened to you that delayed you while on that specific mission that yes, you might want to kick yourself, but you were not doing that-- it drifted into your head to play and drifted right back out without any action on your part. buying milk was as relevant to your brain as buying a lottery ticket.  Driving yourself crazy now is just a self defeating swirl down an emotional toilet bowl.  You can't beat yourself over "what if's".

Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
          Member #133462
          September 30, 2012
          5946 Posts
          Posted: March 24, 2015, 7:27 pm - IP Logged

The way I read your tale of woe is that basically you were not particularily motivated to play those numbers, no burning desire and as you say, you were a casual player.  I think if you had been driving to a place to buy a ticket and something that happened to you that delayed you while on that specific mission that yes, you might want to kick yourself, but you were not doing that-- it drifted into your head to play and drifted right back out without any action on your part. buying milk was as relevant to your brain as buying a lottery ticket.  Driving yourself crazy now is just a self defeating swirl down an emotional toilet bowl.  You can't beat yourself over "what if's".

I Agree! completely!

"Everything works  ONCE!"

mypiemaster's avatar - 2015021003pileofcash
            JACKPOT HUNTER

United States
            Member #141034
            April 2, 2013
            1419 Posts
            Posted: March 24, 2015, 7:38 pm - IP Logged

Could have, should have, would have. Anybody with a functioning brain encounters one or all of those, as part of life experiences. Get out there and buy yourself some lottery tickets.

Seek and ye shall find -Matt. 7:7 ...Ask and ye shall receive -John 16:24 ...Give and it shall be given unto you -Luke 6:38 ...Be careful what you ask for!!! -Mypiemaster 1:1

Having Money Solves Problems That Not Having Money Creates Yes Nod ****John Carlton****

IPlayWeekly's avatar - avatarmoney
              Columbus, Ohio
              United States
              Member #128906
              June 5, 2012
              599 Posts
              Posted: March 24, 2015, 7:41 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for all the replies folks.

I played some more tickets this weekend and all had zero numbers matched, so my game play is back to normal now.

Hence the reason I didnt play the day my numbers matched; I have never had any decent amount of numbers match before, besides that day I didnt play. 3/4/15

I have tried to get some other numbers that really feel right to replace the hit numbers but none compare to the ones that hit to me and trying to just put them in another game just dont feel right either. 

But hey I am sleeping good again and I am very thankful for that. Another few days or weeks without good sleep and this thing could have taken a turn to some strange places I just as soon not go.

Back to the same old same old sh-t, I'll just keep working for the next 12-15 years 40++ hours a week and then  I can retire. The dream of hitting is passing and I really want to thank all that replied because I found this forum helped quite a bit, cheap therapy.

But being cheap is also a big part of why I drove off that evening, thinking why bother and why waste the money and that I would be glad later on when I checked the numbers because I didnt waste the money............. I was also running late but I think the cheapness played a big part as well.

WHAT A SHAME.......I almost definitely now will never be super rich and I have to continue the daily grind.

Cant wait for the alarm clock cussing session tomorrow at 5:50 am. I am now back to normal - a working for a living, living for the weekends......... day in and day out till I retire or die...........sh=t............

My chance at riding the rocket ship that hitting those numbers would have been are GONE GONE GONE.

Good luck guys.....I hope I (or one of you) hits the big payoff soon, but I am not counting on it, its a long shot for sure.

Hey, I responded on the first page and until I saw this I wasn't going to reply anymore...

If that's the attitude you're going to take work for the next "12-15yrs" then retire, my advice is to try to take a different approach.  Most people dislike their jobs (me included) and that's why when people win a jackpot or second tier prize they quit.  Going to work, dealing with drama and the rat race sucks!  There's other ways to get rich, trust me... stocks, real estate, small business etc.  I play my weekly 2 PB lines with my own numbers every week and I probably will keep trying but I have other ways of making money.  Personally, 3 more single family homes and I'm set with or without matching 5 white balls (I play for the second tier prize)

Life's to short to do what everyone else is doing, think outside the box.  Never give up or be content, g/l.

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
                Indiana
                United States
                Member #48725
                January 7, 2007
                1958 Posts
                Posted: March 24, 2015, 8:01 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the talk guru, it helps.

That is some deep sh=t

If the girl sneezed prior to pressing the ball stop on the machine my number would have missed, I think I see what you are saying, it just didnt happen for me and unless you got the ticket in hand to show it did it is just a feeling you think is reality when in fact it is not.

That's really the best way to look at it. Think about all the things that you would have changed if you took the time to go play those numbers - the other people around you that would have been affected, like the people in the line, all the traffic that would have been affected, anyone you happened to communicate with on that day as well the people they communicated with, the different times that you would have done the other stuff on your agenda. The chain reaction would have made it all the way to the mixing of the balls in the machine at the drawing location and a different set of numbers would have been picked. As you saw in my last post, with the help of technology and the internet, the butterfly effect is even more prominent.

If I wrote down some Mega Millions numbers on the paper that's on my desk right now, but decided not to go play them, and then tonight they hit, I'm not going to lose sleep over it because I know it was me not going to play those numbers that played a role in those numbers being drawn. So when you think about the day your numbers hit, take the scientific approach on it and let it ease your mind.Thumbs Up

Gonna win.Big Smile

Freedom777's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
                  Virginia
                  United States
                  Member #133410
                  September 29, 2012
                  163 Posts
                  Posted: March 24, 2015, 8:39 pm - IP Logged

The Butterfly Effect is a fascinating topic. One Saturday I went to visit my mom.  We ran an errand and my mom announced she was going to play 7770. She even came up with a song about playing that number. My thought was....what are the chances that number will come out?

When we arrived at the store, I filled out the play list for her. My mom played the number and then we went to visit my grandmother. After our visit, I decided to stop by the store for a second time to play a number I forgot to play.

Guess what? 7770 came out during the draw. I almost fell out of my chair when I realized I hadn't played the number for myself. My mom won $3100.  I just couldn't believe that I filled out her play list and went to the store not once, but twice and didn't play it.

After I stopped kicking myself, I truly believe if I had played the number it wouldn't have come out. That number and winning $3100 was intended for my mother that day, not me. My mom really needed the money; I did too, but not as much as my mom.

I replayed the "tape in my head" a thousand times. My husband was not happy I didn't play the number after going to the store twice and discussing the number with my mom. I kept saying it wasn't meant to be....

$$ provides more freedom, options and choices.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19903 Posts
                    Posted: March 30, 2015, 11:04 am - IP Logged

No set of numbers are "your numbers" until you have them on a ticket and then they are only "your numbers" for the particular drawings on that ticket.  When they aren't on a ticket they belong to nobody and nobody wins when they come up.  That's why so often you read "there were no jackpot winners in tonight's drawing"

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Carolina
                      United States
                      Member #164949
                      March 20, 2015
                      14 Posts
                      Posted: April 3, 2015, 10:05 am - IP Logged

I play,

Thanks for the reply. Very well said.

I am really sick of this thing popping into my head whenever I have to get up early and dont want to. Or at work some axxhole  does some passive aggressive crap to yank my chain just to screw with  me b/c they want to show they have some power over me  or push something as far as they can without going too far to backfire on them. I really hate that about my job and it drains any motivation to work when you have to  deal with that kind of crap. And I still find myself cussing about that split second decision and the huge effect it had. It was not a mistake though, in fact based on statistics it was the correct decision based on the info I had at the time. It was the worse decision I have ever made, but it was not an incorrect one, statistically. 

I like your idea about working on what you can change instead of worrying about what you cant.

think outside the box and never give up. you sound like a great and wise guy.

Dale Carnegie said that in his book stop worrying and start living - a great book by a great man.

Again thanks for replying and good luck with work and play.

If I am working on my own ways to get the (some) cash I obviously want then I will appreciate it more and I would really be winning the big jack pot if I could find something I enjoy doing to get there. I need to spend more time thinking about this and just forget the past "only if" crap.

Carolina
                        United States
                        Member #164949
                        March 20, 2015
                        14 Posts
                        Posted: April 3, 2015, 10:24 am - IP Logged

Hi fla lotto,

I agree it is a self defeating swirl- well said. and I agree it is stupid to beat yourself up. 

But how often have you picked 5 numbers to play based on birthdays and ages where huge life changing events took place in your life and you had just started to play them 5 weeks earlier and had played the exact numbers that would have won 90 million the last time you played 4 weeks earlier and were intending to play those exact numbers the night they hit but just kinda at last minute blew it off saying maybe after dinner I'll run out and get the tickets.

The point is you could try for the next year comparing against all 2400 prior PB drawings and never find 5-6 numbers to match plugging in one set of numbers every minute in to a computer program, try it your self, look up-google-" have my numbers every hit" and do it for an hour on the statistics numbers site. this gives you a true insight into how rare it is just to match any of the 2400 prior drawings.you can do this for free. Trust me; the odds are NUTS!

Elizabeth03's avatar - cat anm.gif
                          Nova Scotia
                          Canada
                          Member #9934
                          December 27, 2004
                          891 Posts
                          Posted: April 3, 2015, 10:27 am - IP Logged

Many times I haven't bought a ticket or put off playing certain numbers and I missed the opportunity. And have felt discouraged.

So you pick yourself up, brush yourself off and play another day and pick the numbers you want to play. Every week is a chance to win the lottery.

Continue on with your life!

Carolina
                            United States
                            Member #164949
                            March 20, 2015
                            14 Posts
                            Posted: April 3, 2015, 10:36 am - IP Logged

RJOh,

Well said and hence the ridiculous odds.

Picking the correct numbers is like a lightening bolt on a sunny day burning your ball cap off your head with out sizzling a single hair and then actually playing the numbers the night they are drawn is like having that very same thing happen the next day to you again on your way to your mail box.

It is not just picking the numbers but actually playing them on the night they are drawn.

One lady played on a vacation the correct numbers- all 6- only to find she bought it after the cut off time,  which was an hour different from her home state, so it was for the next drawing. She had the ticket in hand,

I think she was already well off though based on her picture in her calif. big house back yard showing the ticket.

She actually had it worst than me.

United States
                              Member #161539
                              December 3, 2014
                              328 Posts
                              Posted: April 3, 2015, 10:38 am - IP Logged

Keep trying unluckyday. Some day you'll get that Trailer park you always wanted. It's hard to stay with one set of numbers when they don't hit for along time.

I remember reading two stories in the last three or four years about people playing their own numbers for a long time.

There was someone in Canada who had been playing the same numbers on the Canadian Lotto game for 40 years and they finally hit a nice jackpot.

Then in England, a guy and his girlfriend had went to Greece for a vacation and had a Chinese dinner somewhere and after opening the Chinese fortune cookie, he decided to play those numbers on the lottery, the National Lottery game ... he played them for four years and finally won a nice jackpot ... 2,355,880 pounds.

... just checked on this story ... this was in 2008.

I don't have the patience for playing the same numbers for 40 years but that might be the way to win, get a set of numbers and stick with them ... BUT you can never stop playing them till you die or they take you to "old home".

You know exactly what would happen if you miss one drawing !!!

CW