Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 10:35 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Would you stop playing the lottery if you were restricted to Quick Picks?

Topic closed. 103 replies. Last post 1 year ago by rundown99.

Page 2 of 7
PrintE-mailLink

Would you stop playing the lottery if you were restricted to Quick Picks?

Yes [ 37 ]  [47.44%]
No [ 41 ]  [52.56%]
Total Valid Votes [ 78 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 4 ]  
JADELottery's avatar - YingYangYong 01.PNG
The Quantum Master
West Concord, MN
United States
Member #21
December 7, 2001
3684 Posts
Posted: July 14, 2015, 8:27 am - IP Logged

From the LP website Mathematics page:

Quick Picks can't match the power of Self Picks

Presented 'AS IS' and for Entertainment Purposes Only.
Any gain or loss is your responsibility.
Use at your own risk.

Order is a Subset of Chaos
Knowledge is Beyond Belief
Wisdom is Not Censored
Douglas Paul Smallish
Jehocifer

JADELottery's avatar - YingYangYong 01.PNG
    The Quantum Master
    West Concord, MN
    United States
    Member #21
    December 7, 2001
    3684 Posts
    Posted: July 14, 2015, 11:08 am - IP Logged

It can be said, on the flip side of Quick Pick wins, that 70% to +80% of the Losers are Quick Picks.

But, then again, that information is not readily available and is very unlikely to be revealed by the wonder folks at your local lottery headquarters.

Presented 'AS IS' and for Entertainment Purposes Only.
    Any gain or loss is your responsibility.
    Use at your own risk.

Order is a Subset of Chaos
    Knowledge is Beyond Belief
    Wisdom is Not Censored
    Douglas Paul Smallish
    Jehocifer

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
      Member #4877
      May 30, 2004
      5145 Posts
      Posted: July 14, 2015, 12:22 pm - IP Logged

Sulk Off           Would Psyko stop playing the lottery if I were restricted to Quick Picks..........................................................answer:  YES

Today lottery terminals "spit" out Quick Picks from "poor" quality software programs. Over the past 10 years these programs have been dummed down

and the game matrix "increased" to mind blowing ODD'sPuke  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>!!!!!!!

Party Dance  Party

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
        Bay Area - California
        United States
        Member #136477
        December 12, 2012
        4146 Posts
        Posted: July 14, 2015, 1:12 pm - IP Logged

After watching NBC news with Lester Holt the other night talking to a reporter on the ground in Mexico outside the house that "El Chapo" made his getaway from- l say No way. These extraordinary diggers tunneled at least a mile under an open field, under the prison wall and into Guzman's shower, talk about determination.l seriously doubt any of those diggers were engineers despite them getting inside help, but if they did not give up to reach their target, why should I? - if it's QP'S moving forward: So Be it.

* Bad analogy,  l know but l think l made my point. Ever Forward. 

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

riscknight's avatar - riscknight
          Athens
          Greece
          Member #133234
          September 24, 2012
          193 Posts
          Posted: July 14, 2015, 1:46 pm - IP Logged

kudos 4 questions like this but, it is not going to happen. Can you imagine how much they will loose if folks could only play QP instead of being able to choose their own numbers?

6/49 dis(assembly)

JeetKuneDoLotto's avatar - mystic

United States
            Member #161367
            November 27, 2014
            60 Posts
            Posted: July 14, 2015, 2:16 pm - IP Logged

No I would not stop playing the lottery.  I would only play one ticket of PB and MM when the Jackpot reaches 750 million dollars, as advertised.

So perhaps I would play the lottery once every five years.

Because of styles, people are separated.  They are not united together because styles became law.  But the original founder of the style started out with hypothesis - but now it has become the gospel truth.  Like boxing or fencing JKDL is a step by step project in which each maneuver must be repeated many times.  Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless, like water.  Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup.  Put it into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.  Now water can flow, or surge or drip or crash.  Be water my friend. 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19901 Posts
              Posted: July 14, 2015, 5:32 pm - IP Logged

From the PB website FAQ page:

WHICH HAS THE BETTER CHANCE OF WINNING: COMPUTER PICKS OR PLAYER PICKS?
              About 70% to 80% of purchases are computer picks. About 70% to80% of winners are computer picks. Perhaps just one of those weird coincidences?

PS

I'll say it again, one of the most entertaining things about these forums is that people who claim to be opposed to quick picks can't wait to buy raffle tickets.

Green laugh

"WHICH HAS THE BETTER CHANCE OF WINNING: COMPUTER PICKS OR PLAYER PICKS?
              About 70% to 80% of purchases are computer picks. About 70% to80% of winners are computer picks. Perhaps just one of those weird coincidences? "

I'm sure that's true when talking about the the 200K to 400K winners of 0+1 to 5+1 that's possible every drawing but players who ask that question are more concerned about the top 1 to 10 winners who match 5+0 to 5+1 most drawings and no one is releasing that information.  Players are left to figure that out on their own.  When I read stories of a winner having three 5+0 winners or PB having over a hundred 5+0 winners for one drawing who got their numbers from fortune cookies I know those weren't QPs.  It's those kinds of stories that make me think more the 20% of the top winners pick their own numbers.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                Zeta Reticuli Star System
                United States
                Member #30470
                January 17, 2006
                10392 Posts
                Posted: July 14, 2015, 5:37 pm - IP Logged

It can be said, on the flip side of Quick Pick wins, that 70% to +80% of the Losers are Quick Picks.

But, then again, that information is not readily available and is very unlikely to be revealed by the wonder folks at your local lottery headquarters.

JADELottery,

True, but we both know that statistics can be played with all day long.

I will say that for all the hoopla about systems, breaking codes, etc....(jackpot games) there are a whole bunch of drawings that do not produce a jackpot winner as opposed to the drawings that do.

Anyone can become a member of the Missouri Lottery site and if you do they send out occasional surveys which include questions that ask if you would play a certain game.

Part of those questions state something like "This game will have drawings twice a week and produce 10 or 11 jackpots  a year."

That tells me they know what they're doing and don't consider any 'system' an obstacle.

Lep

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

MillionsWanted's avatar - 24Qa6LT

Norway
                  Member #9517
                  December 10, 2004
                  1280 Posts
                  Posted: July 14, 2015, 5:40 pm - IP Logged

I would, but wouldn't play many tickets. One or two tickets just to be in the game.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19901 Posts
                    Posted: July 14, 2015, 6:01 pm - IP Logged

JADELottery,

True, but we both know that statistics can be played with all day long.

I will say that for all the hoopla about systems, breaking codes, etc....(jackpot games) there are a whole bunch of drawings that do not produce a jackpot winner as opposed to the drawings that do.

Anyone can become a member of the Missouri Lottery site and if you do they send out occasional surveys which include questions that ask if you would play a certain game.

Part of those questions state something like "This game will have drawings twice a week and produce 10 or 11 jackpots  a year."

That tells me they know what they're doing and don't consider any 'system' an obstacle.

Lep

"That tells me they know what they're doing and don't consider any 'system' an obstacle."

Lep

Massachusetts didn't consider the scheme(system) the Michigan couple was using to play their WinFall game an obstacle until it got coverage in the local news.  Facts are states make their money off sales so even a successful system(scheme) is of little concern but if the public think that some players have an advantage that most don't then they won't play and that is an obstacle.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                      Zeta Reticuli Star System
                      United States
                      Member #30470
                      January 17, 2006
                      10392 Posts
                      Posted: July 14, 2015, 7:07 pm - IP Logged

RJOH,

That's one example of how many states, how many games, and how many drawings? And I take it they were cheating, no?

One more time, the belief that a system exists to beat the lottery does more to sell systems than any system actually beating the lottery.

I got a sales flyer in the mail today, The 10 Winningest Lottery Systems Ever (or some such title). $235 and one guy 'guaranteed' several Mega Millions jackpots a year.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
                        Member #160962
                        November 12, 2014
                        2849 Posts
                        Posted: July 14, 2015, 7:21 pm - IP Logged

Nope but I would play very very very less considering I have better chances choosing my numbers in the daily games(P3, 4 and 5)

Group Hug.... ideas are welcome.

United States
                          Member #161367
                          November 27, 2014
                          60 Posts
                          Posted: July 14, 2015, 8:56 pm - IP Logged

Nope but I would play very very very less considering I have better chances choosing my numbers in the daily games(P3, 4 and 5)

Are you using the 111 rundown?

Or better yet the 111 workout?

Because of styles, people are separated.  They are not united together because styles became law.  But the original founder of the style started out with hypothesis - but now it has become the gospel truth.  Like boxing or fencing JKDL is a step by step project in which each maneuver must be repeated many times.  Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless, like water.  Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup.  Put it into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.  Now water can flow, or surge or drip or crash.  Be water my friend. 

United States
                            Member #161367
                            November 27, 2014
                            60 Posts
                            Posted: July 14, 2015, 9:01 pm - IP Logged

"That tells me they know what they're doing and don't consider any 'system' an obstacle."

Lep

Massachusetts didn't consider the scheme(system) the Michigan couple was using to play their WinFall game an obstacle until it got coverage in the local news.  Facts are states make their money off sales so even a successful system(scheme) is of little concern but if the public think that some players have an advantage that most don't then they won't play and that is an obstacle.

Yes they know what they are doing.  Its a bait and switch scheme.

I ask for Grey Goose on the rocks, and I get Grey Goose and water.

Candy-Lane's avatar - yocco

United States
                              Member #167255
                              July 2, 2015
                              102 Posts
                              Posted: July 14, 2015, 9:50 pm - IP Logged

I voted no, I would not stop playing the lottery if restricted to QP's.  I would actually be relieved! And,

it would save me money.  I keep playing the same numbers over and over again fearing that if I stop

my numbers will come up. Actually, I lost out on $2Million in April 2014. I haven't gotten over it yet!

It was THE ONE time I forgot to play PB.  I retired that set of numbers but I still have 2 more sets. When the JP reaches $100mil I will also get a QP.