Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 7:02 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Pick 3/4 Meter Made Math Moves

Topic closed. 250 replies. Last post 2 months ago by JADELottery.

Page 2 of 17
PrintE-mailLink
JADELottery's avatar - MeAtWork 03.PNG
The Quantum Master
West Concord, MN
United States
Member #21
December 7, 2001
3675 Posts
Posted: October 26, 2015, 9:39 am - IP Logged

Flaws aside, we came up with these methods to help with figuring out how far one digit is from another.

An example is, how far was my guess from the actual result and are there any patterns to my misses.

Presented 'AS IS' and for Entertainment Purposes Only.
Any gain or loss is your responsibility.
Use at your own risk.

Order is a Subset of Chaos
Knowledge is Beyond Belief
Wisdom is Not Censored
Douglas Paul Smallish
Jehocifer

Illinois
    United States
    Member #159458
    September 26, 2014
    15 Posts
    Posted: October 26, 2015, 9:48 am - IP Logged

Very interesting Jade!

Was Minnesota one of the states that was down for a few days?  If it was, did the pattern continue after they came back up?  I'm wondering if they suspected something too and took it down to check.

The Quantum Master
      West Concord, MN
      United States
      Member #21
      December 7, 2001
      3675 Posts
      Posted: October 26, 2015, 9:55 am - IP Logged

Very interesting Jade!

Was Minnesota one of the states that was down for a few days?  If it was, did the pattern continue after they came back up?  I'm wondering if they suspected something too and took it down to check.

No, but if these first digit misses keep going, the flaw could be more than just that.

Use at your own risk.

Wisdom is Not Censored
      Douglas Paul Smallish
      Jehocifer

Illinois
        United States
        Member #159458
        September 26, 2014
        15 Posts
        Posted: October 26, 2015, 10:29 am - IP Logged

I honestly believe that these states have gone to computer generated drawings to make it easier for them to cheat.  I don't think it is so much an individual doing it, but it is the management companies manipulating the results to show that they are profitable.  They make a lot of money managing these lotteries and the more revenue they pull in the more they make.

Illinois just went to computer generated and they keep telling us that they have all sorts of security to be sure no-one can hack they system.

I am not as concerned with someone hacking the system after the system is in place as I am with the lottery company writing the original software to cheat.  Who is checking that?  I believe it was Tennessee that had the problem where the software was not allowing double or triple numbers to be selected and they finally admitted there was a programming error. My question is,  why in the world was the software doing any kind of checks on doubles or triples?  All the software was supposed to do is pick the numbers 0 to 9 three different times.  The only check should have been if the number was between 0 and 9.  A 4th grader could have done that.

Illinois fired Northstar (the lottery management company) because they weren't generating the profits they had promised the state, but it doesn't go into effect until 2017.   Immediately after it was announced they had been fired, Northstar went to computer generated drawings.  I am beginning to think they did it so they could manipulate the results with questionable software and hopefully convince Illinois to keep them as the management company.  The jackpot for the Lucky Day Lotto drawing went to I believe a record high and was mysteriously won as soon as people started screaming foul on the Illinois lottery facebook page.  Northstar is convinced that the higher the jackpot, the more people will play and the higher the profits will be.  So I think they are just preventing a win until a huge jackpot is reached.

We don't have a months worth of data to check yet, but I'll bet once we get enough to test, Illinois will have funny patterns like you are seeing too.

United States
          Member #35335
          March 16, 2006
          116 Posts
          Posted: October 26, 2015, 10:40 am - IP Logged

If you haven't scrolled right on the last post, here's what got us wondering.

You can see there have been no clockwise moves in 6, 7 or 8 since early September.

We looked at the other columns in MN Daily 3; both B and C, but this is the only one that has this kind of trend.

This got us thinking and it dawned on us that MN allows betting on the first digit only (column A).

What's also coincidental is on 2015-09-09 Eddie Tipton was sentenced to 10 years in prison... weird, huh?

Since we discovered this flaw, we had been posting bogus Pick 3 numbers in the Lottery Post's Prediction Board.

Or, more to the point, the Losing first digit number that would have been covered by the missing clockwise moves: 6, 7 and 8.

The blue blurs do have some noticeable gaps around 2611, 9046 and 9766.  This is the first vertical and simultaneous alignment of a pattern/structure.

When I google "pseudo random number generator flaws", it becomes easy to envision somebody manipulating the seed, CPU time, or other method.  If this continues into November, I confidently say there is a bug or accuse fraud is at play here.

Nice work!

The Quantum Master
            West Concord, MN
            United States
            Member #21
            December 7, 2001
            3675 Posts
            Posted: October 26, 2015, 11:55 am - IP Logged

Just so you know, we are not making any money off this flaw.

We have not placed Any bets on MN Daily 3.

Our goal here is to expose the computer generated flaw; a flaw that is either by accident or by design.

Use at your own risk.

Wisdom is Not Censored
            Douglas Paul Smallish
            Jehocifer

Illinois
              United States
              Member #159458
              September 26, 2014
              15 Posts
              Posted: October 26, 2015, 12:13 pm - IP Logged

I tip my hat to you Jade.  I couldn't do it.  I would be betting like there is no tomorrow if I found something like that.

--------------------------------------------------------

If it was easy, everybody would do it. Big Smile

CARBOB's avatar - FL LOTTERY_LOGO.png
                ORLANDO, FLORIDA
                United States
                Member #4924
                June 3, 2004
                5896 Posts
                Posted: October 26, 2015, 12:23 pm - IP Logged

Just so you know, we are not making any money off this flaw.

We have not placed Any bets on MN Daily 3.

Our goal here is to expose the computer generated flaw; a flaw that is either by accident or by design.

If this occurs, only in position 1 and not the other 2 positions. It could be either a accident or a flaw. The only way to find out is to track it. If it stops and starts again in another position, I would say designed flaw. You are good, Doug.

The Quantum Master
                  West Concord, MN
                  United States
                  Member #21
                  December 7, 2001
                  3675 Posts
                  Posted: October 26, 2015, 12:24 pm - IP Logged

I honestly believe that these states have gone to computer generated drawings to make it easier for them to cheat.  I don't think it is so much an individual doing it, but it is the management companies manipulating the results to show that they are profitable.  They make a lot of money managing these lotteries and the more revenue they pull in the more they make.

Illinois just went to computer generated and they keep telling us that they have all sorts of security to be sure no-one can hack they system.

I am not as concerned with someone hacking the system after the system is in place as I am with the lottery company writing the original software to cheat.  Who is checking that?  I believe it was Tennessee that had the problem where the software was not allowing double or triple numbers to be selected and they finally admitted there was a programming error. My question is,  why in the world was the software doing any kind of checks on doubles or triples?  All the software was supposed to do is pick the numbers 0 to 9 three different times.  The only check should have been if the number was between 0 and 9.  A 4th grader could have done that.

Illinois fired Northstar (the lottery management company) because they weren't generating the profits they had promised the state, but it doesn't go into effect until 2017.   Immediately after it was announced they had been fired, Northstar went to computer generated drawings.  I am beginning to think they did it so they could manipulate the results with questionable software and hopefully convince Illinois to keep them as the management company.  The jackpot for the Lucky Day Lotto drawing went to I believe a record high and was mysteriously won as soon as people started screaming foul on the Illinois lottery facebook page.  Northstar is convinced that the higher the jackpot, the more people will play and the higher the profits will be.  So I think they are just preventing a win until a huge jackpot is reached.

We don't have a months worth of data to check yet, but I'll bet once we get enough to test, Illinois will have funny patterns like you are seeing too.

yep, lottery industry cheating is a concern.

on large scale combinations it may be easy, but down at these small scale numbers, 0 - 9, it's a little harder to hide.

we suspect if there is some cheat built in, the MN Lottery will either change it or they will just eliminate first digit betting altogether.

kind of brings up images of a shady backroom gambling place and the roulette wheel is rigged; the guy presses the button under the table just as the ball is falling into your winning slot.

Then magically pops out into another losing slot and he says, "Awe, Almost..!"

Use at your own risk.

Wisdom is Not Censored
                  Douglas Paul Smallish
                  Jehocifer

The Quantum Master
                    West Concord, MN
                    United States
                    Member #21
                    December 7, 2001
                    3675 Posts
                    Posted: October 26, 2015, 12:53 pm - IP Logged

Here's example of 10,000 samples of clockwise moves.

The right side axis is the clockwise moves 1 to 10.

As you scroll right you can see the darker and lighter patterns.

Also, you'll notice some gaps, but not many and not usually at the same time.

This is to be expected for a normal random selection.

a typo: "The right side axis is the clockwise moves 1 to 10."

should be 'left side' not 'right'.

Use at your own risk.

Wisdom is Not Censored
                    Douglas Paul Smallish
                    Jehocifer

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
                      Member #59354
                      March 13, 2008
                      3972 Posts
                      Posted: October 26, 2015, 1:24 pm - IP Logged

I tested all 3 positions for my mid, evening and combined games and nothing showed up

but I only tested the x + 6,7,8. 

I would say that the MN lottery needs to check this out because something is up.

Good catch.

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

The Quantum Master
                        West Concord, MN
                        United States
                        Member #21
                        December 7, 2001
                        3675 Posts
                        Posted: October 26, 2015, 1:26 pm - IP Logged

Very interesting Jade!

Well, that might not be entirely true about website not being down.

Minnesota and Iowa both share the 'All or Nothing' game, that's the extent of a connection.

Use at your own risk.

Wisdom is Not Censored
                        Douglas Paul Smallish
                        Jehocifer

lakerben's avatar - spherewall
                          New Mexico
                          United States
                          Member #86099
                          January 29, 2010
                          11119 Posts
                          Posted: October 26, 2015, 2:00 pm - IP Logged

Excellent!

Jade can you program this for 50 draws or less?

How about them cowboys!

US Flag

The Quantum Master
                            West Concord, MN
                            United States
                            Member #21
                            December 7, 2001
                            3675 Posts
                            Posted: October 26, 2015, 2:04 pm - IP Logged

Excellent!

We can setup an open ended Excel file so you can just plugin your numbers.

Let's us jump on our server for a bit and we'll get back to ya in a few.

Use at your own risk.

Wisdom is Not Censored
                            Douglas Paul Smallish
                            Jehocifer

The Quantum Master
                              West Concord, MN
                              United States
                              Member #21
                              December 7, 2001
                              3675 Posts
                              Posted: October 26, 2015, 3:42 pm - IP Logged

Excellent!

Ok, we made a basic Excel file that can work with 365 Pick 3 and Pick 4 draws.

Just delete the example data and fill in.

It also has charts to start with and have been setup with the transparent blurred points.

You can see how it was made by looking at the settings.

It might help guide you in making your own charts for other types of data.

The file is at:

http://www.jadexcode.com/files/excel/Pick3andPick4MeterMadeMathMoves-00.xlsx

or

ftp://www.jadexcode.com/excel/Pick3andPick4MeterMadeMathMoves-00.xlsx

Use at your own risk.

Wisdom is Not Censored
                              Douglas Paul Smallish
                              Jehocifer

Page 2 of 17