Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 5:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lotto synchronizer big test

Topic closed. 197 replies. Last post 13 years ago by lottoshlep.

Page 11 of 14
PrintE-mailLink
hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
Pennsylvania
United States
Member #1340
April 6, 2003
2450 Posts
Posted: October 23, 2003, 7:50 am - IP Logged

I have not been at this for very long, but I can vouch for the fact that the way my setup was going, it was taking many hours just to do the brute-force hunting for matching seeds... I ran a PII 400 with 384 megs of ram... took 11 hours to process 200,000,000 seed possibilities... I never did get to run my exhaustive 20,000,000,000 test... but I might, because I just got a brand-spankin-new FLAMETHROWER... P4 2.4 GHz (6x faster than the old one), 512MB DDR ram on an 800MHz Frontside bus... 120GB Hard Drive... oh yeah!

Seriously, if the algotrithm I'm toying with is approaching what guru is doing, then yes... it could concieveably take several DAYS to run on a slow CPU... it doesn't matter the RAM, it's how many clock cycles you can dedicate to the process.

Let me walk through one iteration of my test loop just to show the plan (not actual code, just what it does)

1. Begin the loop (for/next seeds from some negative number to some positive number, not to exceed -9999 to 9999)

2. Seed the RNG with the value of the loop counter variable (first full iteration would be the same as RANDOMIZE(-9999))

3. Call the RNG subroutine that returns a "pick"

4. check that pick against draw history (first game)

4a. if it passes, re-call the RNG for the next iteration with the same seed... if it passes, keep repeating... if it passes all, then call RNG one last time for the "guess"

4b. if it fails to match, call the next seed (e.g. RANDOMIZE(-9998))

5. end

now, I have yet to hit that "magic" seed that could even match the last 3 drawings... but I also have yet to run the 20,000,000,000 test, gotta convert from VB6 to VB.NET for use on the new system.

Guru, I have not posted any picks because my system isn't ready yet (hasn't generated any picks yet)... I imagine that you are NOT taking flak over the system itself or the frequency of the picks, but because you are S-E-L-L-I-N-G the system (risky if it's still in development, don't you think?).... regardless of the outcome of my "coincidizer"... it will never be offered for sale (ESPECIALLY if it ever somehow magically worked).

I say we drop the whole sales/debunking/trash talking and get back to discussing the theories behind randomness again... back to school.... regardless of the outcome, Guru DID manage to have the most intriguing new concept in a LONG time...

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23352 Posts
    Posted: October 23, 2003, 8:07 am - IP Logged
    Quote: Originally posted by Guru on October 23, 2003

I have made up my mind about this, and decided to stop posting numbers here on the forum, or on any other forum. I wanted to go on posting for a long time, since one can only evaluate things over a larger period of time. But I don't see the use of continueing a test in this manner. It cannot be conducted in a serious way here. I'm fed up argueing with those who distribute all the nonsense talk and only want to get things for free. I find it extremely childish that an honest and risky test of a new system is made a joke by a few boneheads who think they are telling smart things. I'm sorry for the folks who were really interested, but my decision is final.

This is where it ends. Finito

I think that is for the best.  You are correct, I don't believe you were conducting a serious test, which is what the membership desired.  I think what you've discovered here is that the Lottery Post membership is made up of some very street-smart people who can smell something fishy from a mile away.

The sad part is that you were very warmly accepted here - without hesitation - and then you let things get out of hand to the point where no one trusts you.  Oh well, maybe a good lesson for the next time.

Hypersoniq, I enjoyed you post, although I'm not sure why you'd need to go to VB.NET.  Both v6 & .NET are 32-bit, and I don't believe you'll find that the .NET version is significantly faster.  v6 compiles to real code - not P-code.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

United Kingdom
      Member #2173
      August 26, 2003
      75 Posts
      Posted: October 23, 2003, 8:52 am - IP Logged

Mr Guru

Ever since you arrived in the lottery post I've been skeptical of your claims BUT like the other members in here I gaved you the benefit of the doubt and waited, thus I hardly commented on your postings. 

The statements I'm about to make is the truth not any attack on your character.  The problem began when you tried to unload your unproven system to the members of lp for monetary gain after making outlandish claims you couldn't follow up with.  Then you have the gull to accuse the members of wanting to get something from you for free, when in fact there is nothing much to gain from trying your system for free.  We were still willing to give you the benefit of the doubt by accepting your predictions, now you want to recede on your other promise by not predicting anymore.

Now this is an attack on you:

You know what I really think, I think you realised that you were not fooling most of the people here and you know that your system doesn't work.  Todd was right your intentions were made clear when you offered your system for money, knowing its not ready.  Now that you have been discovered as a fraud you want to run away with your tail between your legs while you can.

So I say BLOODLY WELL  GOOD RIDDANCE TO BAD RUBBISH and if you think you can pull this bloody garbage in other forms think again because I'm sure the word is out about you and your system and members of this forum are also members of other forums WORLDWIDE!!!

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
        Pennsylvania
        United States
        Member #1340
        April 6, 2003
        2450 Posts
        Posted: October 23, 2003, 9:02 am - IP Logged

Todd, I'm just itching to get into the .NET arena anyway.

I might just start from scratch with C# instead of VB (if I can find a good "For Dummies" guide, that is...)

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          23352 Posts
          Posted: October 23, 2003, 9:05 am - IP Logged

ants, that was perfect. 

Belgium
            Member #2220
            September 2, 2003
            553 Posts
            Posted: October 23, 2003, 9:19 am - IP Logged

It is not me who let things get out of hand Todd. You should read all the previous posts attacking me. I never did anything more than defending my ideas and my system. I don't want to be called a fraud, because I am not a fraud !!! And the strong part is, that I never even tried to talk people into actually buying it. As some members can confirm, I even replied to some folks that if they have their doubts about this system, they should wait and think it over before they order it, or maybe not order it at all. If these folks are honest, they should speak now. Place yourself in my position, who would really want to continue under these circumstances. Even the moderator of the site thinks I'm a fraud !! The Forum is not the right medium to do this kind of testing. I now realize that. It seems that being honest and willing to conduct a test makes me even more suspicous than those with the fancy big "Stop losing, start winning now !!" slogans on their sites. Did you notice how uncommercially our site is. I think that says enough. We are not aiming at massive sales.  I've always tried to instantly reply to people emailing me with questions about 1001 things. I never asked someone if they would want to buy it.

Belgium
              Member #2220
              September 2, 2003
              553 Posts
              Posted: October 23, 2003, 9:56 am - IP Logged

I have a proposition.

For those that are really interested in following how this test unfolds in the future.

I invite you to send me a mail to(marco.de.ruyck@pandora.be) with a note that you want to follow the test by email. This test may continue for half a year or so.

I'll always try to send the predicted numbers the day before each draw to your email adresses. (that's if nothing gets inbetween)

Thank you,

Marco

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                Dump Water Florida
                United States
                Member #380
                June 5, 2002
                3112 Posts
                Posted: October 23, 2003, 11:18 am - IP Logged

Done, however I suggest you start a new thread predicting for a randomly chosen game and don't reply to comments, let the predictions speak for themselves.  BobP

Prometheus1's avatar - trace9

United States
                  Member #1344
                  April 6, 2003
                  177 Posts
                  Posted: October 23, 2003, 11:59 am - IP Logged

Guru,

I said it in the beginning of this thread and I will say it again. There is an obvious disconnect in your system. Normally I would say that this thread was a waste of time, but as long as you are entertaining us, that means you are leaving everyone else in the world alone.   

Your system is childish, and never takes in to account the natural discretizations of diffusion and any unit of time. Three draws! No! This is not funny, or even entertaining.

Mixed Finite Volume Difference discretizations of steady diffusion with arbitrary combinations of boundary conditions, should be obvious. The differential operations are discretized with respect to the natural projections dictated by the (generalized) Theorem. The diffusion coefficient is then discretized by looking at its inverse as an
                  operation of mapping fluxes to tangential integrals .

Your system provides and assumes that the diffusion coefficient is positive, measurable and bounded away from zero and infinity. The computed point values of the flux converge in max norm to the exact values of the weak solution,does not even consider the source term is integrable! In the first place if the source term is square integrable, and in the second place if the primal grid is aligned with the discontinuities of the source term in such a way that the restriction of the source term to every grid cell has a square integrable derivative. It doesn't matter .........your system had no wheels from the first ridiculous assumption.
                   It's unplugged, and it does nothing. The only thing you can do with it now... is to Sell it! I think you and your people have already come to that conclusion and thats why your here.  Go sell it to the French. LOL   

PROMETHEUS       

Chief Bottle Washer
                    New Jersey
                    United States
                    Member #1
                    May 31, 2000
                    23352 Posts
                    Posted: October 23, 2003, 12:26 pm - IP Logged
                    Quote: Originally posted by Guru on October 21, 2003

Lotto Synchronizer is available from monday 27th at www.lottosync.com

Guru, I suppose this message is not supposed to be talking people into buying your system?  Give me a break.

I think you still don't understand that people have caught on to you.

Chief Bottle Washer
                      New Jersey
                      United States
                      Member #1
                      May 31, 2000
                      23352 Posts
                      Posted: October 23, 2003, 12:29 pm - IP Logged
                      Quote: O

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                        Member #14
                        November 9, 2001
                        31541 Posts
                        Posted: October 23, 2003, 8:40 pm - IP Logged

vision

love to nibble those micey feet.

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                          Dump Water Florida
                          United States
                          Member #380
                          June 5, 2002
                          3112 Posts
                          Posted: October 23, 2003, 9:01 pm - IP Logged

Hi Luckycat:

Trying to keep the mind open to just before the point my brain falls out and the cats nibble on it.

I like to think there are pearls out there in some of those clams.

My money stays firmly in my pocket until I reach the lottery counter.

Long as I'm not paying it's hard to complain about the quality of the show.  Who am I kidding, I love to complain . . .

I'll usually pay to see what the kids have in the box, then try to get them to release it.  Don't you want to see what the thing in the box turns out to be?  You won't get to see if you tease and cause them to run home.

Think I lost my train

Oh ya, I was surprised to see the product available for sale early, guess there are always those who go to the first showing before waiting for the review.  Me, if they discovered gold in my back yard I'd show up in about a week.  I would like to know if any system is good or bad for sure, rather then miss the trial and never know.

visiondude's avatar - eye3logo
                            light on my feet
                            United States
                            Member #356
                            May 20, 2002
                            2744 Posts
                            Posted: October 23, 2003, 9:45 pm - IP Logged

so much for my ra-ra speech

"i am .........."meant to"       

P.S.,  that RJoH  is a stand up guy.  thanks,  vision

until further notice,  it's  france everyday

Bangalore
                              India
                              Member #2444
                              October 4, 2003
                              234 Posts
                              Posted: October 23, 2003, 10:28 pm - IP Logged

Quote: Originally posted by Guru on October 23, 2003

I think it is so cheap and easy to put a system down before LETTING it prove something.

And WE find it so mean and difficult to uphold a system being put for sale even BEFORE it P_R_O_V_E_D even 65% of it's worth the claims that accompanied its intro on this forum all along!

If you have REALLY decided to call it quits to more testing, than can we say, it was a COMIC beginning with a TRAGIC end?! By the way, seeing your enthu, I reckon that you must be in your early to mid 20s...Are you?!

GreenBacks to all lotto buddies!

Page 11 of 14