Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 2:46 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Open Discussion: Define/Refine Prediction

Topic closed. 353 replies. Last post 13 years ago by Blackapple.

Page 1 of 24
PrintE-mailLink
hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
Pennsylvania
United States
Member #1340
April 6, 2003
2450 Posts
Posted: November 17, 2003, 6:12 pm - IP Logged

There is a never-ending supply of info on how to calculate odds, probabilities, wheels, filters etc.. but is there a specific, well-defined process or algorithm for prediction itself? If there is, I can't find one... perhaps as a group we can figure this out...

What are the tools? What's the math? where to begin?

I think that the best way to start is to have a clearly defined understanding of the pick 3 "problem"...

the way I see it...

1. overall odds are 1000:1 but each ball drawn is an isolated dvent, so in the big picture it's a matter of having 3 successful sequential predictions of a 1 in 10 game... (will be easy to apply anything learned to the 4 digit games this way)... all we need to do is come up with some way to predict one ball out of 10 (3 times... in this light, box hits don't count)

2. Nobody will ever really have the opportunity to study the apparatus that the states use,so we're more interested in modelling the RESULTS rather than the process...

3. the goal is to remain managaeable and affordable, with the ultimate goal being as few picks as possible (otherwise it's not really prediction, right?)

4. It's an open and free discussion, never resulting in a "new system" for sale... Of the posters, by the posters and for the posters...

5. it's more about the process than the actual picks, this way everyone can benefit.

Unlike a big jacpot game, we can all benefit from an open discussion of ideas...

anyone interested?

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

blue's avatar - bigears
    ellenwood ga
    United States
    Member #2687
    November 4, 2003
    335 Posts
    Posted: November 17, 2003, 6:40 pm - IP Logged

it sounds ok so are you going to start this in motion i am sure the feed back will come in time. blue

Prometheus1's avatar - trace9

United States
      Member #1344
      April 6, 2003
      177 Posts
      Posted: November 17, 2003, 7:41 pm - IP Logged

Would you like to nice game of Chess ?

Start off learning the different pieces and how they move.

When they wanted to make a computer that played chess, what did they do first ? Most folks don't even know the names of the pieces yet. 

We need to learn the game before we break the code.

It all starts with math and ends with math and probability.       

PROMETHEUS       

Pa
        United States
        Member #2485
        October 9, 2003
        319 Posts
        Posted: November 17, 2003, 7:55 pm - IP Logged

Sounds good to me but every state probably has a different formula.

What us to work for me in my state does not work any more

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
          FEMA Region V Camp #21
          United States
          Member #520
          July 27, 2002
          5699 Posts
          Posted: November 18, 2003, 8:18 am - IP Logged

Here is a mistake I think we are all making.  We approach the game in a logical fashion.  It is the antithesis of a logical game and should be played illogically.  Take the, hot digits, trends, due digits, etc. and turn all these 'logical' theories around.  Try doing the exact opposite of what you're doing and see if it works better.

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

Pennsylvania
            United States
            Member #1340
            April 6, 2003
            2450 Posts
            Posted: November 18, 2003, 10:13 am - IP Logged

Here's the basic concept...

take a string of numbers (representing a history of the FIRST digit drawn)

2, 4, 6, 8, 0, 2, 4, ???        That one's easy... 6 (+2) but how, mathematically, do we know that?

next...

1,3,5,7,9,2,1,3,5,7,9,4,1,3,5,7,9,6,1,3,5,7,9, ????  step 1

1,3,5,7,9,2,1,3,5,7,9,4,1,3,5,7,9,6,1,3,5,7,9, ????  step 2, see the dmbedded pattern? gotta be an 8... but what formula could we plug numbers into to determine that? I don't know...

next...

1,3,9,9,5,8,7,1,9,9 ????  what's next? and how do we know? what process could be used? (find out what's next at 7pm tonight in the PA evening 3 digit draw)

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
              Stone Mountain*Georgia
              United States
              Member #828
              November 2, 2002
              10491 Posts
              Posted: November 18, 2003, 11:15 am - IP Logged

hypersonig, Sorry this may be off the subject... but if I were in Pa. I would play an even digit..24680 at the end of all those examples you gave. That digit 6 could come back tonight with a 2 . 

Since you haven't had a 2 in the first position in 26 days......I'd favor him. Futher more your last 8 doubles were all Odd doubles.....Geez .. this goes back only 30 days .......I would be looking at Even doubles real hard ....your very P.G. in P.A. for all even everything ...LOL

Sorry ...just couldn't help it   

Pennsylvania
                United States
                Member #1340
                April 6, 2003
                2450 Posts
                Posted: November 19, 2003, 11:04 am - IP Logged
                Quote: Originally posted by WIN D on November 18, 2003

your very P.G. in P.A. for all even everything

6-6-0 good call!

Pennsylvania
                  United States
                  Member #1340
                  April 6, 2003
                  2450 Posts
                  Posted: November 19, 2003, 11:21 am - IP Logged

I'm thinking a possible refinement of announcer numbers might help...

in the chain (being a sequential list of a particular position only, e.g. first digit, second digit etc...) ...

4,5,7,2,6,7,9,2,9,0,7,1,2,1,6,5,7,2,1,4,4,5,7... ???

looking at the 7 as announcer... has been followed by a 1, 2 and a 9, but taking it to the next level of refinement... what numbers announced the 7? 0, 5 and 6... but Twice, the 5 announced the 7 which then announced the 2... which would be my pick in this sequence (if it were real)...

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
                    FEMA Region V Camp #21
                    United States
                    Member #520
                    July 27, 2002
                    5699 Posts
                    Posted: November 19, 2003, 11:27 am - IP Logged

Just a note here...

Since we're talking about PA,  WIN D was right on target with the all-even pair.  For the last couple weeks PA and IL numbers have been very similar.  One could have looked at IL and seen the 066 came in straight in IL Monday midday.

Based on WIN D's comments, I would think another double even pair is likely to show up again soon.  In IL Monday evening the number drawn was 088.  This combo might be worth watching for a few days.

Hypersoniq...your quest is a difficult one and I don't think there is an algorithm that could determine patterns such as the numbers drawn for PA that you posted.

The 'optical-to-mind computer' would probably be better at spotting the type of trends you describe, but you would have fewer opportunities and would it be more successful?

But as WIN D just demonstrated, the past is a good key to the future (i.e., prediction).

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

United States
                      Member #2460
                      October 7, 2003
                      766 Posts
                      Posted: November 20, 2003, 1:29 am - IP Logged

I don't know anything about math or programing and so therefore I probably should not say anything at all, but i think that there are an infinify number of possible prediction lines and that sequential number prediction doesn't have to be exactly

sequential you can jump and skip numbers, go on zig zag, criss cross, it can be vertical, horizontal, and horizontal + vertical.

By all this I mean that there are many avenues or roads or ways of linear number prediction, for example:

You have a history numbers with 3 digits:

You can take the 3 digits or numbers as being either just 1 big       

number or 3 smaller separate and independent numbers.

If taken as one big number it will be 785,345,805, and then you will try to predict the next number which will be 123 using the numbers that came before 123.

If taken as 3 separate independent numbers you can try predicting by columns such as:

You have 7,3,8,1,9,6 and you will try to predict the next number which will be 1 this is for the left column or the left position, for the middle would be: 8,4,0,2,8,7 and you would try to predict the next number which is another 7, and the same for the right position or column.

But there are many other ways of doing this,for example:

Let say that you take the oldest draw: 785 and go from left to right, 7,8,5 and then the next one 3,4,5 and also go from left to right, and then the next one, 8,0,5 and keep on going in the same way until you get to the last draw 17( ) and you try to predict the last number (4)

It would be like this: 7,8,5,3,4,5,8,0,5,1,2,3,9,8,4,6,7,4,1,7 and the number that you would try to predict is the last number "4"

For all this linear number predictions you need what I would call "A Linear Prediction Engine" or whatever you call it.

And you can also try predicting for some numbers diagonaly such as in a diagonaly tic tac toe fashion or criss cross or in any other way that you can think of including jumping like a horse and skipping some numbers in between,like skipping by ones all numbers or even by twos and in any given pattern or way {road} that you want or think of.

But they would all be linear number predictions regardless.

Do you understand what I mean? I know that it sounds crazy.

Pennsylvania
                        United States
                        Member #1340
                        April 6, 2003
                        2450 Posts
                        Posted: November 21, 2003, 4:46 pm - IP Logged

I'm going with the column approach, because they are independent numbers (3 machines, each containing the balls 0-9). If you look at all 3, then I guess the 3 digit would be considered a "replacement" drawing, because doubles and triples can and do happen.

Not that the interaction should be totally discounted, perhaps the same conditions that evoke a 5 from one machine may also indicate a 3 from the next, etc... but I'm hoping to get better results in the columns.

My son was doing a first grade homework paper last night, on it were a circle, square, triangle, circle square triangle and 3 blank lines with the instructions to continue the pattern... now later on, this gets harder to do when real numbers are involved, but from what I can recall, there was no "formula" for doing this... or is there?

Pennsylvania
                          United States
                          Member #1340
                          April 6, 2003
                          2450 Posts
                          Posted: November 21, 2003, 7:33 pm - IP Logged
                          Quote: Originally posted by Prometheus1 on November 17, 2003

It all starts with math and ends with math and probability.       

I see that term alot, but let's see a practical application. without some form of "weighting" based on previous history, each ball has a 1 in 10 chance of coming up. How does it get narrowed down?

I'm considering the announcer theory... look at the previous draw, for example 123... then look at what came after each number in that position... for example, 1 announces a 9 more than any other number... BUT that still doesn't help when you have several thousand results... perhaps looking at the number drawn before the 123 (say, 567) may help... then the question would be.. what number most follows the 1 in that position WHEN THE 1 was preceded by a 5...

perhaps that could help add some weight and focus to what will most likely be the next number (or at least narrow down the choices).... ]

any comments/corrections/additions to this possible theory? as I have well over 9,000 results to sift thru, this will take awhile before I can take a crack at some guesses for PA... but if I can figure out a way to automate the process in excel, I'll post the macro....

JAP69's avatar - alas
                            South Carolina
                            United States
                            Member #6
                            November 4, 2001
                            8790 Posts
                            Posted: November 21, 2003, 7:50 pm - IP Logged

Create or use a software that tracks roots and sums.
                            Treat each chamber as a separate game and enter the drawn digit in the order of being drawn. When you search the root or sum which will be the same anyhow you will find a hit skip pattern .  Mine has a percentile drawn at different skip levels which will show a higher or lower percentile from which I decide to use that digit for that chamber.
                            I create straight wheels for my plays after choosing my digits.

MAGA

Pennsylvania
                              United States
                              Member #1340
                              April 6, 2003
                              2450 Posts
                              Posted: November 21, 2003, 7:53 pm - IP Logged

by root, do you mean the last digit(LD) of the sum of the 3 drawn numbers?

Page 1 of 24